Transformers Masterpiece MP-35 Grapple Hasbro Asia Ultra Magnus Minifigure

Transformers Masterpiece MP-35 Grapple Hasbro Asia Ultra Magnus Minifigure

Sunday, February 26th, 2017 8:41am CST

Categories: Toy News, Collectables
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 33,645

With Takara Tomy's Transformers Masterpiece MP-35 Grapple, instead, Hasbro Asia will be releasing a collectable diecast minifigure of Ultra Magnus, who also already appeared in the MP toyline. You can check out below the image courtesy of site sponsor Robot Kingdom!

Transformers News: Transformers Masterpiece MP-35 Grapple Hasbro Asia Ultra Magnus Minifigure

Credit(s): Robot Kingdom

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-35 Grapple Hasbro Asia Ultra Magnus Minifigure (1863154)
Posted by Cyberpath on February 26th, 2017 @ 3:29pm CST
The Chosen Prime gallery --

Evolution --

Source: @hoist1122

Comparison with Inferno --

Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-35 Grapple Hasbro Asia Ultra Magnus Minifigure (1863184)
Posted by fenrir72 on February 26th, 2017 @ 7:11pm CST
william-james88 wrote:Image

He looks more plain than the slice of bread I had this morning.

You plan on getting him?
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-35 Grapple Hasbro Asia Ultra Magnus Minifigure (1863192)
Posted by nycPrime on February 26th, 2017 @ 9:03pm CST
fenrir72 wrote:
william-james88 wrote:Image

He looks more plain than the slice of bread I had this morning.

You plan on getting him?

Any chance of getting him now without paying a fortune?
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-35 Grapple Hasbro Asia Ultra Magnus Minifigure (1863194)
Posted by william-james88 on February 26th, 2017 @ 9:21pm CST
fenrir72 wrote:You plan on getting him?

I gind these very expensive. I would only get either of them if I could get them for a good price. Like less than $100 shipped.

And he is still available for standard retail prices, you can get him at nippon yassan: https://www.nippon-yasan.com/figures/18 ... apple.html
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-35 Grapple Hasbro Asia Ultra Magnus Minifigure (1863207)
Posted by fenrir72 on February 26th, 2017 @ 11:51pm CST
william-james88 wrote:
fenrir72 wrote:You plan on getting him?

Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-35 Grapple Hasbro Asia Ultra Magnus Minifigure (1863240)
Posted by Ironhidensh on February 27th, 2017 @ 7:26am CST
fenrir72 wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
fenrir72 wrote:You plan on getting him?

Its not so much negativity, but the fact that Inferno and Grapple are not worth paying over 100 bucks for.
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-35 Grapple Hasbro Asia Ultra Magnus Minifigure (1863244)
Posted by william-james88 on February 27th, 2017 @ 9:03am CST
fenrir72 wrote:I feel the negativity feedback of the lack of details from Inferno may be holding you back. But don't deprive yourself of the joy of owning him. Remember the negativity on MP-IH? Also, Grapple does have a tad more details than Inferno. ;)^

Its the price that is holding me back. I paid $60 USD for Ironhide. If someone was selling MP Inferno or Grapple for that price, I would buy it. I would be uch more forgiving of the lack of detail and plain-ness if they were $60.
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-35 Grapple Hasbro Asia Ultra Magnus Minifigure (1863245)
Posted by fenrir72 on February 27th, 2017 @ 9:15am CST
william-james88 wrote:

Ironhidensh wrote:
fenrir72 wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
fenrir72 wrote:You plan on getting him?

I hear you too IHD. But on your side of the fence, I don't think it's the cost issues that bothers you but more on the "zing" of the figure. I'm also a bit like you with regards to Beastwars (though I did get the recent MP Munky and haven't regretted the decision). Though you have to admit, when it came to the IH mold, it did impressed you eventually.
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-35 Grapple Hasbro Asia Ultra Magnus Minifigure (1863248)
Posted by william-james88 on February 27th, 2017 @ 9:55am CST
fenrir72 wrote:Based on your previous statement I thought it was the lack of molding details. Anyways, being pragmatic, costs also factors in big time. Trouble is, great molds appreciate too fast in the secondary market and are so gone ,while misses like the Tracks mold drops like a hot potato. (And Mitsubishi must be charging an arm and a leg for the license (and yet I find nary an actual Mitsubishi emblem on Inferno 8-} )

The lack of detail is just a very easy visual factor t point out when showing the contrast behind the price and what you are getting for it. Ironhide was 7000 yen (while inferno is 11000) and while both dont have the most of detail, I am more forgiving of ironhide especially with the ton of accessories. Of all the MPs so far, I would say Ironhide has the best value.

Now for the secondary market, things are changing. Takara and Hasbro have started reissuing plenty. MP 10 and Soundwave are good examples, but there is also wheeljack and magnus. If these sell out before I have a chance of getting them for a decent price, then I can always wait for a rerelease. Development cost is high so Takara is bound to rerelease them and i can wait. Plus as I wait, you will have people liquidating their collections and I really dont mind getting a second hand MP toy, especially when most collectors just pose them like statues.

So I have plenty of options in the long run and I am waiting this guy out.
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-35 Grapple Hasbro Asia Ultra Magnus Minifigure (1863257)
Posted by Ironhidensh on February 27th, 2017 @ 11:36am CST
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-35 Grapple Hasbro Asia Ultra Magnus Minifigure (1863274)
Posted by Bumblebee21 on February 27th, 2017 @ 2:19pm CST
Ironhidensh wrote:Ironhide did eventually grow on me. Inferno still hasnt, and I'll let you know about grapple in a couple hours.

plz do
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-35 Grapple Hasbro Asia Ultra Magnus Minifigure (1863275)
Posted by Ironhidensh on February 27th, 2017 @ 2:25pm CST
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-35 Grapple Hasbro Asia Ultra Magnus Minifigure (1863279)
Posted by william-james88 on February 27th, 2017 @ 2:38pm CST
Ironhidensh wrote:On today's episode of "Ironhidensh makes no goddamn sense at all", I still hate Inferno, but I'm really digging on Grapple. Not sure why, but there you go.

I am surprised you spent the big bucks to get these two. They are just too much for me (as was Magnus).
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-35 Grapple Hasbro Asia Ultra Magnus Minifigure (1863296)
Posted by Ironhidensh on February 27th, 2017 @ 4:03pm CST
I only got Inferno after reading positive review after positive review. I figured that many people couldn't be wrong. What I've come to realize, is that most of those (most, not all) reviews come from people who are not very big fans of the 3rd party market. Ignoring the superior 3rd party offerings, Inferno is amazing. Its all perspective.

With Grapple, I preordered when they first became available, just in case, and decided to stick with it. I've heard MMC's Grapple didn't come out as well as Inferno, so there we are.
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-35 Grapple Hasbro Asia Ultra Magnus Minifigure (1863321)
Posted by fenrir72 on February 27th, 2017 @ 6:29pm CST

It's the "zing"! :lol:

That and Grapple has those disc thingies on his shoulders and the extra grooves on his shins.
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-35 Grapple Hasbro Asia Ultra Magnus Minifigure (1863933)
Posted by Oberon22 on March 2nd, 2017 @ 12:12pm CST
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-35 Grapple Hasbro Asia Ultra Magnus Minifigure (1864005)
Posted by fenrir72 on March 2nd, 2017 @ 6:00pm CST
Oberon22 wrote:I like both Grapple and Inferno and have ordered Artfire too. I probably won't be ordering Hauler though. The figures are incredible. The only thing that is really disappointing to me is the lack of back lights on the vehicles and lack of rear view mirrors. More chrome would have been cool too.

Hauler is confirmed? :shock:

Anyways mine just got shipped yesterday :(
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-35 Grapple Hasbro Asia Ultra Magnus Minifigure (1864007)
Posted by fenrir72 on March 2nd, 2017 @ 6:11pm CST
fenrir72 wrote:

Hauler is confirmed? :shock:

As for the chrome, Don't be too excited about that because in my MP IH case, the chrome has corroded in such a short time (mine is the first JP release and handled minimally at the front bumper with latex gloves)

As for the "details", you can use this:

or wait for the official "Grapple" decal by Ocean decals which is an officially licensed Hasbro product.

Anyways mine just got shipped yesterday :(
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-35 Grapple Hasbro Asia Ultra Magnus Minifigure (1864018)
Posted by Oberon22 on March 2nd, 2017 @ 7:40pm CST

I am actually fine with the details. But alt modes are the most important for me. Starting with Ironhide they stopped making rear view mirrors and now even back lights. That's like leaving the vehicle incomplete.

I didn't know Hasbro would make official decals for Grapple??? How is that?
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-35 Grapple Hasbro Asia Ultra Magnus Minifigure (1864025)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 2nd, 2017 @ 8:32pm CST
Oberon22 wrote:Hauler is not confirmed but can we have even the slightest doubt they will miss the opportunity for the repaint?
Well, Takara, Hasbro, Fun Pub, e-HOBBY, and all others never did a Hauler redeco of the Universe Inferno/Reveal the Shield Solar Storm Grappel mold.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Terri-Bull" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 8 Newman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #275 - Non-Fungible Mailbag
"Non-Fungible Mailbag"
Posted: Saturday, May 1st, 2021

Buy "Transformers R.e.d. MEGATRON Vinyl RED Series Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Lot-Cyberverse Bumblebee and Jazz, Quick Change" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy HEAT SCRAMBLE Transformers Starter Set TFD-00" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers WFC War For Cybertron Siege Battle Masters Blowpipe MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War for Cybertron Battle Masters - BLOWPIPE (NEW)" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS BUMBLEBEE CYBERVERSE ADVENTURES WARRIOR MACE MASH GNAW (062)" on EBAY