Transformers Masterpiece MP-47 Hound Pre-Orders Live

Transformers Masterpiece MP-47 Hound Pre-Orders Live

Wednesday, June 5th, 2019 8:39pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sponsor News
Posted by: D-Maximal_Primal   Views: 15,722

After nearly a year of waiting, Pre-orders for the new MP-47 Hound figure are finally active!

These pre-orders come to us from our site sponsors, and while we have yet to get some official images, we do have some rumored accessory lists along with the estimated prices, along with an estimated December 2019 release date. Now we do remind you that these prices are subject to change once the official images and information is fully released. You can find the pre-orders from our sponsors below, and we've listed the prices the figures are available for from those various sites.

-TFsource ($159.99): https://tfsource.com/masterpiece/mp-47-hound/
-Robot Kingdom ($126.90): http://www.robotkingdom.com/tftrmp47.html
-Ages 3 and up ($159.95): https://www.agesthreeandup.com/mp-47-masterpiece-hound/
-The Chosen Prime ($159.99): https://www.thechosenprime.com/MP47Hound

And for those in the UK, Allnewsuperrobot has provided us with a further pre-order link:

-InDemand Toys (£129.99): https://www.indemandtoys.co.uk/product/ ... p47-hound/

Transformers Masterpiece MP-47 Hound features a high attention to detail, articulation and posability, bringing a remastered and more modern version of the G1 character from the original cartoon to life as a fully transforming action figure! Hound transforms from Military Jeep to robot and back.

Hound also brings from the G1 cartoon many signature parts he's known for including his telltale hologram gun, Gas tank, alternate face plates and many more accessories!

Product Features:
- G1 Transformers anime / cartoon accurate styling
- TV accurate vehicle and robot mode
- Masterpiece Scaled

- Gas Can
- Attachable Spare Tire
- Hologram Figure
- Hologram Effect
- Hood Parts
- Key of Cage
- Alternate Face Plate (smiling)
- Alternate Face Place (screaming)
- Side Mirror
- Character Card
- Instruction Manual

Transformers News: Transformers Masterpiece MP-47 Hound Pre-Orders Live

Credit(s): TFsource, The Chosen Prime, Robot Kingdom, Ages 3 and up

Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-47 Hound Pre-Orders Live (2023551)
Posted by Ironhidensh on June 5th, 2019 @ 8:56pm CDT
I'm gonna wait for the Amazon Japan price before I continue my freakout.
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-47 Hound Pre-Orders Live (2023553)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on June 5th, 2019 @ 9:02pm CDT
Ironhidensh wrote:I'm gonna wait for the Amazon Japan price before I continue my freakout.

I'm guessing Amazon Japan will be around $125 shipped
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-47 Hound Pre-Orders Live (2023557)
Posted by Lore Keeper on June 5th, 2019 @ 10:16pm CDT
When MP Hound costs the same as MP-10, that's a pretty good sign my Masterpiece collecting has come to an end. :(
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-47 Hound Pre-Orders Live (2023568)
Posted by frogbat on June 6th, 2019 @ 12:42am CDT

I feel like now takara have thrown us into a cycle where they know they have the completists locked in.. they don't care for the straggler who *might* pick up something here and there. they can rely on twits like me who are more completist (and I'm nowhere near that extreme either) where they can release figures at higher prices, sell fewer and make more profit...

And perhaps i'm in the minority, but the extra bits and bobs really annoy me as i hardly every use them... I get it's nice to give us a choice like with the facial expressions or chrome vs anime looks, but at times it feels like they're OTT and would rather have a base figure for 20-30 euro less than 10 accessories i will prolly never use.
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-47 Hound Pre-Orders Live (2023570)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on June 6th, 2019 @ 1:17am CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:

I'm guessing Amazon Japan will be around $125 shipped

There's a very good chance that you won't be able to get this figure from Amazon Japan.
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-47 Hound Pre-Orders Live (2023571)
Posted by Anonymous on June 6th, 2019 @ 1:30am CDT
frogbat wrote:His ark mates went for 60-80 use right? how the hell did they manage to up it by so much? It's very disappointing but I'll end up shelling out for it cos he remains one of my favourites. The other reason... being a collector.

I comepletely agree with you. The extras i look at once and maybe swap in and out at the start, then into the cabinet lokely not to be used again.

Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-47 Hound Pre-Orders Live (2023572)
Posted by SpikeyTigertron on June 6th, 2019 @ 1:42am CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:

I'm guessing Amazon Japan will be around $125 shipped

What makes you say this?!
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-47 Hound Pre-Orders Live (2023577)
Posted by Acolyte on June 6th, 2019 @ 3:01am CDT
Has anyone seen a vehicle mode for this figure? I don't doubt it will be pretty solid, since Takara seems to have no problem figuring out small vehicle types with their MP line. If I was a G1 fan this would probably be a must-have. For someone like me who really got introduced with Beast Wars, trying to get all completionist on MP's is a little too rough on the wallet when there are lots of really fun lines that are still in production.

It's not that I've avoided G1 MP's altogether. I love the Lambos just for their engineering. I really enjoy the Nissan Fairlady versions for mostly the same reason (and SUPER solid bot and vehicle modes). I realized today that I've subconsciously opted for the Diaclone versions of almost every MP I've bought from the G1 period. There are some real novelties in the MP lineup, but I just can't be interested in owning a $400 Optimus (after the fear and terror with that crotch breakage BW Megatron) or holding an outdated repaint of an outdated fighter jet (looking at the Seekers). I'm thinking I'll stick to Beast Wars issues on the MP line from here on out.
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-47 Hound Pre-Orders Live (2023578)
Posted by Anonymous on June 6th, 2019 @ 3:10am CDT
I dont think we have seen a colour vehicle mode. My worry is a huge level of complication ala Sunstreaker and Megatron.. i preferred thed if i am honest the earlier more simple transformations simply due to time.. i cant spend 30 mins per TF figuring out the individual panels!

Completely agreed on the breakage worries.
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-47 Hound Pre-Orders Live (2023582)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on June 6th, 2019 @ 4:36am CDT
Hound was always one of my favorite TF character/toy ever. I never really was into MPs and now that the prices have gone up like mad, I'm even less so. But for Hound, I may just gave in and buy it.

I'm still mad at myself for missing out on Maketoy's version. Especially the G1 toy colors deco.
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-47 Hound Pre-Orders Live (2023596)
Posted by william-james88 on June 6th, 2019 @ 9:16am CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:

I'm guessing Amazon Japan will be around $125 shipped

How do you come up with these notions?
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-47 Hound Pre-Orders Live (2023597)
Posted by william-james88 on June 6th, 2019 @ 9:16am CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:

I'm guessing Amazon Japan will be around $125 shipped

How do you come up with these notions?
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-47 Hound Pre-Orders Live (2023598)
Posted by frogbat on June 6th, 2019 @ 9:19am CDT
PadForce wrote:The rate of G1 releases is so much slower now that the higher prices are bearable.. but likely skipping Mp44 due to cost so maybe that is the first skip of many?

yeah mp44 will be a skip for now, they might release 1000 versions like they did mp10 and make one affordable.. perhaps without the trailer..

I skipped out on the beast wars ones because of prices and having to box in my collecting. Though if they ever do a waspianator...
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-47 Hound Pre-Orders Live (2023612)
Posted by william-james88 on June 6th, 2019 @ 10:51am CDT
We finally have the full reveal of Transformers Masterpiece MP-47 Hound. You will see all the accessories below, which includes some hologram effects and a cover for the back of the jeep. Speaking of the alt mode, we finally get a good look at it and it is perfect, as can be expected by now. The MSRP is indeed revealed to be 18000 Yen (about $160 USD) and the release date is end of December this year.

Below is a translation of what appears on Dengeki Hobby, please let us know what you think of this figure in our forums.

Parts list included. As replacement face parts are also included, you can enjoy the hound's look according to the scene by replacing it. Please add "MP-47 Hound" made by incorporating Takara Tomy's latest technology to your Transformers collection!

DATA
Transformers masterpiece
MP-47 hound

Target age 15 years old or older
Set contents: Hound body x 1 / laser scope x 1 / jerican x 1 / spare tire x 1 / spike figure x 1 / hologram figure x 1 / hologram effect x 1 / hood part x 1 / key of for 1 x 1 for exchange Face (smile) × 1 / Replacement face (scream) × 1 / Hologram gun × 1 / Side mirror (spare runner 1 set) × 1 / Character card × 1 / Manual × 1
Publisher: Takara Tomy
Price: 18,000 yen (excluding tax)
Scheduled for release in late December 2019

Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-47 Hound Pre-Orders Live (2023613)
Posted by Grimlok59 on June 6th, 2019 @ 11:01am CDT
I wonder if they'll eventually release a MP+ version of this.
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-47 Hound Pre-Orders Live (2023614)
Posted by Anonymous on June 6th, 2019 @ 11:04am CDT
Looks great.

Where do the back wheels go in bot mode?

He is smaller than ironhide, and dounle the price, wtf?
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-47 Hound Pre-Orders Live (2023615)
Posted by xMXUx on June 6th, 2019 @ 11:06am CDT
Transforming tires, hell yeah!
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-47 Hound Pre-Orders Live (2023616)
Posted by BumbleDouche on June 6th, 2019 @ 11:09am CDT
Not that I particularly care (human figures being consigned to the inside of Prime's trailer, out of sight where they belong), but it seems strange to go to the trouble of creating a more articulated Spike only to again deprive him of eyes...
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-47 Hound Pre-Orders Live (2023617)
Posted by ScottyP on June 6th, 2019 @ 11:11am CDT
william-james88 wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:

I'm guessing Amazon Japan will be around $125 shipped

How do you come up with these notions?
Just preorded Cyberverse Grimlock on there no problem and that's a pretty new listing. Plenty of stuff shows as available to ship as long as it's sold by Amazon Japan and not a marketplace seller. FBA on there is a crapshoot, usually doesn't go global but sometimes it does. So yeah, no idea where this came from.

edit: Apparently there's a discussion on tfw about it because some Macross thing didn't ship global so there's general paranoia but I don't see any actual issues with TFs described. Apparently the "Jump to Conclusions" mat still ships global ;)
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-47 Hound Pre-Orders Live (2023619)
Posted by Beachjezus on June 6th, 2019 @ 11:19am CDT
$160 what a damn joke.

So twice the price of the other MP cars. Hmmmmm - you get a few accessories, how lucky for us. My god the official releases are more expensive than 3rd party now.

Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Loudmouth" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 03 Deluxe Class Movie 3 Crowbar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Voyager Inferno Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Siege Soundwave lot complete WFC Cassette Corp Ratbat Rumble Ravage" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise - CLIFFJUMPER  - NIB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege Soundblaster complete WFC 35TH Anniversary Generations" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Generations - Combiner Wars-AUTOBOT HOUND Figure - Sky Reign Piece" on EBAY
Buy "transformers ko oversized Combiner Wars Not Powerglide" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS RID 2015  WARRIORS CLASS  SCORPONOK" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars CW LIOKAISER Platinum Edition Brand New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Targetmaster Windblade LG62 Takara Tomy Legends Collection" on EBAY