Transformers News: Transformers Masterpiece MP-48 Lio Convoy To Include Beast Wars II Artemis Figure

Friday, June 21st, 2019 8:53pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: D-Maximal_Primal   Views: 21,549

Thanks to an image posted by Darkstone on the TFW2005 boards, we have word that the upcoming MP-48 Lio Convoy is going to be coming with an extra figure much like a lot of the recent Masterpiece figures, but in this case we are getting a truly unique one in the form of Beast Wars II Artemis!

For those who might not know, Artemis and her partner Moon were stationed on the Moon of Gaia, where they observed the events of Beast Wars II and reported in on it, and even starred in a send-off segment at the end of each episode. Moon received a figure back during that Beast Wars II time, but Artemis never got that pleasure. So this means that this will be the first figure ever for her, and she even includes her hammer that she hits Moon with!

This image comes to us from a Figure King magazine tease, so we should know more very shortly on what type and number of accessories Lio Convoy will come with. Could a little Moon figure also be in the works to come with Lio as well?

Let us know you thoughts in the comments section below!

Credit(s): Figure King Magazine, Darkstone @TFW2005

Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-48 Lio Convoy To Include Beast Wars II Artemis Figure (2025440)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on June 21st, 2019 @ 8:54pm CDT
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-48 Lio Convoy To Include Beast Wars II Artemis Figure (2025447)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 21st, 2019 @ 10:40pm CDT
For those wondering what exactly Artemis and Moon are, they are androids.
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-48 Lio Convoy To Include Beast Wars II Artemis Figure (2025453)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on June 21st, 2019 @ 11:07pm CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:I'm really hoping for a Moon to come with Artemis. that would be a great package

We may not need to, depending on her size. Moon already got a toy, transforming too:

Transformers Beast Wars II Moon Gallery

Around the size of a Basic, so if Artemis is tall enough, they're in scale :-D

Just keep her away from Starscream and Scuba. ;)
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-48 Lio Convoy To Include Beast Wars II Artemis Figure (2025458)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 21st, 2019 @ 11:36pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Just keep her away from Starscream and Scuba. ;)
Eh, not like she ever got to meet either in person, though. Just admired them both from afar. :P
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-48 Lio Convoy To Include Beast Wars II Artemis Figure (2025478)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on June 22nd, 2019 @ 6:41am CDT
Okay. That little Artemis figure is striking my inner week in the best way possible. :x
If there is effectively a little Moon figure too, that may just seal the deal for me to finally get a Beast Wars MP figure. Even if I never watched the original show.
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-48 Lio Convoy To Include Beast Wars II Artemis Figure (2025480)
Posted by AllNewSuperRobot on June 22nd, 2019 @ 6:49am CDT
I take it she doesn't transform?
Like how, should MP Silverbolt ever happen, he would come with Transmutate.
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-48 Lio Convoy To Include Beast Wars II Artemis Figure (2025482)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on June 22nd, 2019 @ 8:02am CDT
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:I take it she doesn't transform?
Like how, should MP Silverbolt ever happen, he would come with Transmutate.

Of course not. She's not a transformers after all. Still, she do have articulation points everywhere. I just hope that she will be in scale with Lio.
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-48 Lio Convoy To Include Beast Wars II Artemis Figure (2025485)
Posted by AllNewSuperRobot on June 22nd, 2019 @ 9:02am CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:I take it she doesn't transform?
Like how, should MP Silverbolt ever happen, he would come with Transmutate.

Initially, when the word 'android' was thrown in as a descriptive, I assumed she wasn't. Then when you mentioned her "companion" Moon did transform, I had to check.
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-48 Lio Convoy To Include Beast Wars II Artemis Figure (2025489)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 22nd, 2019 @ 9:45am CDT
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:I take it she doesn't transform?
Like how, should MP Silverbolt ever happen, he would come with Transmutate.

Moon is also an android. It was just never explained how/why he was able to transform like a Transformer.

Also, Moon is tiny compared to the Maximals, so Artemis would need to be as well (NOTE: Not my pics).

Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-48 Lio Convoy To Include Beast Wars II Artemis Figure (2025490)
Posted by AllNewSuperRobot on June 22nd, 2019 @ 9:47am CDT
Artemis is the same scale to Lio Convoy as Blackarachnia to Megatron... Something about that amuses me.
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-48 Lio Convoy To Include Beast Wars II Artemis Figure (2025491)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on June 22nd, 2019 @ 9:50am CDT
I want a clear shot of the Artemis figure next to MP Lio to see the scale.
If it's super small, a tiny transformable Moon could still be possible because Moon basically just lay on all four to "transform".
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-48 Lio Convoy To Include Beast Wars II Artemis Figure (2025493)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 22nd, 2019 @ 9:51am CDT
A Legion class Moon figure would be delightful.
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-48 Lio Convoy To Include Beast Wars II Artemis Figure (2025535)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on June 22nd, 2019 @ 6:25pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

Oh i know, but I really don't want to have to track down little Moon, I'd rather just get a nice little new one with Lio!
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-48 Lio Convoy To Include Beast Wars II Artemis Figure (2025555)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on June 22nd, 2019 @ 11:23pm CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

What about an Encore reissue?
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-48 Lio Convoy To Include Beast Wars II Artemis Figure (2025580)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on June 23rd, 2019 @ 9:43am CDT
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

What about an Encore reissue?

I wish, and that would be nice, but I doubt they'd do that unfortunately
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-48 Lio Convoy To Include Beast Wars II Artemis Figure (2025592)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 23rd, 2019 @ 11:17am CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

What about an Encore reissue?

I wish, and that would be nice, but I doubt they'd do that unfortunately
Yeah, the more recent non-G1 Encores feel like they were done for this year being the 35th anniversary of the brand, and that the ones that were chosen were specifically because they were either Convoys or staples of the brand like Unicron.
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-48 Lio Convoy To Include Beast Wars II Artemis Figure (2033470)
Posted by william-james88 on August 6th, 2019 @ 1:34pm CDT
Takara Transformers MP-48 Lio Convoy looked pretty cool when he was revealed. Especially when we realized that his lion head and mane transformed from cartoony organic to robotic. The price had yet to be confirmed though, but now the listing is up at Takara Tomy Mall. The price is 21600 Yen, which comes out to a little over $200 USD. While that may not be the exact price people will be buying it at (since this includes Japanese consumer tax), it is a clear indication of the price point. Be prepared to see a similar price at importers like BBTS and TFSource and something closer to the $150 mark on Amazon Japan (not including shipping and importing fees).

This item will be released at the end of February 2020. The listing also gave us many new images, which we have for you below, enjoy!

If you want a sense of scale, here he is next to Optimus Primal, who was half the price.

Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-48 Lio Convoy To Include Beast Wars II Artemis Figure (2033477)
Posted by Drift082111 on August 6th, 2019 @ 2:26pm CDT
These prices are killing me. Oh well. I chose this hobby and for some reason I can't live with out this stuff. 8-)
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-48 Lio Convoy To Include Beast Wars II Artemis Figure (2033506)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on August 6th, 2019 @ 5:02pm CDT
This figure is a true work of art!
But I will skip, having never have owned the original nor had any emotional attachment for the character.
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-48 Lio Convoy To Include Beast Wars II Artemis Figure (2033518)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on August 6th, 2019 @ 6:09pm CDT
If this is available on Amazon Japan I'll pick it up. I've always kinda liked Lio Convoy and this is the best look MP Beast Wars figure thus far. I think it has to do with the design being based on 2D animation.

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Wreck-Gar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Sky Shadow and  Ominus" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #241 - Toy Fair 2020
"Toy Fair 2020"
Posted: Monday, February 24th, 2020

Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Leader Astrotrain" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Q Transformers QT27 Soundwave Figure from Japan from JAPAN [0wi]" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Botcon 1998 VICE GRIP - Exclusive New Sealed! Extremely Rare!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 sky lynx" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Unite Warriors Computron UW08 takara Technobots Combiner tomy" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Amazon Exclusive Blast Off's MEGATRONUS Master Combiner Wars" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS RAVAGE LEGENDS CLASS TITANS RETURN ACTION FIGURE 2016 HASBRO VGC!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise RID Galvatron Tiny Titan Wave 4 G1 mini figure" on EBAY