Transformers Masterpiece MPM-08 Megatron and MPM-09 Jazz Revealed

Transformers Masterpiece MPM-08 Megatron and MPM-09 Jazz Revealed

Saturday, January 26th, 2019 4:46am CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: notirishman   Views: 29,855

It looks the rumors came through! Yes, MPM-08 Megatron and MPM-09 Jazz's were revealed at the September 26th convention. Thanks to fellow Seibertron user, Plastic Hero for letting us know as well!

Here, from weibo users ToyPlus and IAMNOFIRE, we get two see many awesome pics of Masterpiece MPM Megatron and Jazz, including a video of when the presenters unveiled the display case.

Transformers News: Takara Tomy Transformers MPM-08 and MPM-09 Revealed

Jazz appears to include his shield gun, and a figure of Sam Witwicky running with the AllSpark. And... guts. Yes, he can be torn into two pieces.

Transformers News: Takara Tomy Transformers MPM-08 and MPM-09 Revealed

...only to be held by Megatron, who can hold the two pieces. He also includes an AllSpark cube, as well as what appears to be an alternate arm, which most likely transforms into a blaster, or mace, with the included articulation chain.

Both are very accurate, and you can check in the images below. Then, tell us your thoughts in the Pub forums!

Credit(s): Plastic Hero from Seibertron, Toy Plus and IAMNOFIRE from Weibo.com

This article was last modified on Saturday, January 26th, 2019 5:32pm CST

Re: Transformers Masterpiece MPM-08 Megatron and MPM-09 Jazz Revealed (2006807)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on January 26th, 2019 @ 4:50am CST
Oh my god... They look fantastic. Megatron looks great and Jazz just blows me away. And the nice bonuses of Sam figurine and that Jazz can be 'torn' in two and held by Megatron (a grim bonus but people would keep on asking anyways). Really impressed by these. Now if only I was the kind of person who could afford MPM figures. :P
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MPM-08 Megatron and MPM-09 Jazz Revealed (2006811)
Posted by blackeyedprime on January 26th, 2019 @ 6:00am CST
Nothing about Megatrons Boy smelling action feature yet. Maybe the Sam figure is scratch and sniff... o.O
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MPM-08 Megatron and MPM-09 Jazz Revealed (2006815)
Posted by Emerje on January 26th, 2019 @ 6:22am CST

Not entirely sold on Megatron's face. His eyes are messed up by making the thin bar over them far to thick, the copper is too light, and they didn't paint his bottom jaw. It just feels too off to me.

Everything else about both of them I love and definitely want.

Emerje
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MPM-08 Megatron and MPM-09 Jazz Revealed (2006818)
Posted by Ironhidensh on January 26th, 2019 @ 7:16am CST

Jazz though, he is gorgeous. I only hope it follows in the line of Barricade and the Bumblebee MPM figures, and not Ironhide and Optimus....

Jazz will be bought, and I will pay full price for him.
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MPM-08 Megatron and MPM-09 Jazz Revealed (2006820)
Posted by Highbrowseyebrows on January 26th, 2019 @ 7:28am CST
The only reason I'm buying these two is because you can rip jazz in half
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MPM-08 Megatron and MPM-09 Jazz Revealed (2006821)
Posted by Glarryg on January 26th, 2019 @ 7:28am CST
My God, they actually made Jazz split in two?! On one hand, it's sad that the most memorable thing Movie Jazz did was get brutally maimed and die, but on the other hand I'm looking forward to seeing how they make a ROTF Sideways that splits down the middle.

blackeyedprime wrote:Nothing about Megatron's Boy smelling action feature yet. Maybe the Sam figure is scratch and sniff... o.O

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Glarryg
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MPM-08 Megatron and MPM-09 Jazz Revealed (2006823)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on January 26th, 2019 @ 8:00am CST
Ironhidensh wrote:As always, Megatron is hideous. There is no saving that design. I know it has its fans (and you are all lunatics! :-P ), but movie Megatron figures will never have a slot in my collections.

Jazz will be bought, and I will pay full price for him.

Eh, I think Megatron is beautifully designed and awesomely detailed but ok. Am not a lunatic even though I do have had some occasions where I've had a bit of a mental breakdown and people thought I may have been one. Who's gonna tear your Jazz in half then? :O
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MPM-08 Megatron and MPM-09 Jazz Revealed (2006827)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on January 26th, 2019 @ 8:39am CST
Holy balls! Jazz looks pretty incredible, except for the connection from his arm to his crescent cannon. That looos a bit wonky, but that’s probably just the angle we’re seeing it from.

On the one hand, I’m totally with you on this, Densh. Movie 1 Megs always looked like a metal tree to me. His sillouhette is very plain, even if it is unique. ROTF Megs had a better sillouhette, but suffered from (a) having a mangled arm and (b) still having a lackluster Cybertronia mode. And DOTM Megs transformed into a POS which is hardly any fun. Honestly the only movie design for Megs I actually like is his TLK body. And when they make an MP figure for that, well...

But on the other hand, credit where credit is due, they certainly pulled off a fantastic likeness of Movie 1 Megs.
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MPM-08 Megatron and MPM-09 Jazz Revealed (2006828)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on January 26th, 2019 @ 8:51am CST
Nemesis Maximo wrote: And DOTM Megs transformed into a POS which is hardly any fun.

DotM Megs turns into a Mad Max-style truck which I consider pretty darn fun. Makes a nice change from tank (which always made the most sense but by this point just seems very overdone) or jet (and thankfully isn't any kind of gun which was always just moronic).

That's cool. I've no love for the majority of G1 designs, example being the Seekers (which I have always hated mostly due to their stupid wings in robot mode which should be folded away neatly but instead are hanging out all impractical and could get damaged in battle making their alt-mode useless, I guess it's useful that for some inexplicable reason all the Decepticons could fly like Superman in the cartoon. Logic was always lacking in that show) but the MP figures do a nice job of recreating it all even if I don't care for them myself.

I still keep gazing at these pics. I really love the look of these figures (and previous MPMs) I need to win lottery tonight or something. I can only barely afford Studio Series figures. These things are too much for me. I could save up for each one but would take me forever and then I'd feel guilty for owning something so much more expensive than what I usually have for which serves no real purpose (a real car at least gets you out and about, well not me cos I'm probably never gonna be driving) and I'd be worried about breaking them. I treated myself to a 2nd hand Unique Toys Challenger at christmas as my only physical present and as awesome as it is it worries the heck out of me that it might fall over and break or something. Literally too scared to own expensive things in case they become totally worthless through an accident or something. :/
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MPM-08 Megatron and MPM-09 Jazz Revealed (2006829)
Posted by SFBglord on January 26th, 2019 @ 8:55am CST
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MPM-08 Megatron and MPM-09 Jazz Revealed (2006830)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on January 26th, 2019 @ 8:56am CST
SFBglord wrote:OK Megatron looks glorious! Although I do think they should use a more shiny metallic grey for his paint for the sake of movie accuracy, his colour now looks too dull for me. Man I've been waiting for MPM 2007 Megatron's reveal ever since rumours about it surfaced. Personally, 2007 Megatron is my most favourite live-action Megs. And I am not disappointed! Been planning to get SS 2007 Megatron (if they'll release it) because of budget but I'm having second thoughts. Oh welp time to save up my money!

Maybe they can downscale this MPM and simplify it where necessary to meet Studio Series requirements?
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MPM-08 Megatron and MPM-09 Jazz Revealed (2006831)
Posted by SFBglord on January 26th, 2019 @ 8:58am CST
Carnivius_Prime wrote:

But we'll have to see if the MPM 2007 Megatron figure is as good as it looks. OH GOD PLEASE LET IT BE GOOD!
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MPM-08 Megatron and MPM-09 Jazz Revealed (2006833)
Posted by Ironhidensh on January 26th, 2019 @ 9:10am CST
Carnivius_Prime wrote: Who's gonna tear your Jazz in half then? :O

No one. Jazz deserved better. [-(

#jazzlivesmatter

:-D

Like I said, I hate movie Megatron, but he has his fans, and I'm happy that they are getting a figure they've always wanted. For me, he is a representation of everything I hate about the bayverse, and I won't ever be able to get past that. Kudos to those of you who like this though!

Now bring on MPM Ratchet! And Brawl! And Bonecrusher! And......
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MPM-08 Megatron and MPM-09 Jazz Revealed (2006834)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on January 26th, 2019 @ 9:19am CST
Ironhidensh wrote:#jazzlivesmatter

I smirked at that. But not sure if I should have. :P

It's ironic cos I often use G1 Ironhide as an example of the overly-simplistic blocky designs I hate about the G1 cartoon even when I was an 80s kid (though somehow he's still better than his original toy cos that thing was beyond saving, no matter what silly lil add-ons later releases tried to give him a head. G1 Jazz bugged me a lot cos I really liked his toy at the time and the details on it but I hated his cartoon design being so simplified they even left off the door wings that Prowl and his 'clones' kept) :P

Now bring on MPM Ratchet! And Brawl! And Bonecrusher! And......

Oh Ratchet should be cool. He's one of my fave designs (enjoyed painting up my Studio figure to look more accurate). I dunno about Brawl and Bonecrusher. They're cool but apparently I haven't liked them enough to even buy their Studio Series figures yet (ok Bonecrusher's only been available very spottily for the past month or so but Brawl's been out almost a year and I've yet to see him reduced in price enough to make me want it despite owning most of the SS figures).

What are the issues on MPM Ironhide by the way? I've heard his torso section is fiddly and doesn't lock very well (previous voyager figures had torso issues too, the Studio one is the first one out of many I've had where it all secures very nicely). Is it things that can be fixed?
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MPM-08 Megatron and MPM-09 Jazz Revealed (2006836)
Posted by steals_your_goats on January 26th, 2019 @ 9:29am CST
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MPM-08 Megatron and MPM-09 Jazz Revealed (2006837)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on January 26th, 2019 @ 9:32am CST
steals_your_goats wrote:Meh. Megatron looks bad and jazz is just the studio Series figure but blown up and sightly more detailed. The ripping in half gimmick is cool but I keep looking at the mpm's and just thinking "what's the point?" Studio Series is doing everything the masterpiece line is but cheaper and smaller. To each their own I guess but I personally don't see the reason to collect both lines.

Uh. Might need to get your eyes checked. That Jazz is nothing like the Studio Series figure (which I like too but is vastly more simplified and inaccurate compared to this one).
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MPM-08 Megatron and MPM-09 Jazz Revealed (2006838)
Posted by steals_your_goats on January 26th, 2019 @ 9:35am CST
Carnivius_Prime wrote:

Re: Transformers Masterpiece MPM-08 Megatron and MPM-09 Jazz Revealed (2006839)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on January 26th, 2019 @ 9:42am CST
steals_your_goats wrote:I actually just had eye surgery two days ago but I can see just fine and they're basically the same thing. I get it, you're a hardcore movie fan boy but not everyone is. I'm just sharing my opinion about what I see, the same exact way you do for generations figures.

Look closer then! You're saying it's the Studio figure just bigger. It's not, it's extremely different in engineering and transformation. For one thing, it has an accurate 'backpack' with the spoiler ending up behind his head, on the Studio figure he simply has the whole roof of the car draping down his back with the spoiler ending up tucked up behind his butt. The arms are totally different with the headlights ending up on the cuffs where they should be, whereas the SS fig has them on the shoulders (meaning the SS has the arms totally the wrong way round yet somehow the wheels end up in correct place on both figures), The SS has stubby feet and the shin pads for some reason tilt with the feet rather than being attached to the lower legs, on the MPM there you can see he has extremely accurate feet with all the lil extra pointy bits. And the MPM has the collar pieces standing up either side of the front of the head, whereas on SS they're flat, sculpted parts of the top. The round headlights end up upside down on the SS figure whereas on the MPM they are correct way up. It's a completely new figure nothing to do with the SS figure and any similarity just comes from both being based on the same character design.
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MPM-08 Megatron and MPM-09 Jazz Revealed (2006840)
Posted by steals_your_goats on January 26th, 2019 @ 9:50am CST
Carnivius_Prime wrote:

Dude I honestly couldn't care any less. Obviously it's not the same figure but TO ME there's no reason to own both. Stop jumping down my throat just because I'm not salivating over this like you are.
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MPM-08 Megatron and MPM-09 Jazz Revealed (2006841)
Posted by Ironhidensh on January 26th, 2019 @ 9:52am CST
Carnivius_Prime wrote:

Its all a tabbing issue. In robot mode, his door panels won't tab into is wrists and just hang loose and floppy, and his shoulder/arm tabbing design is a huge mess.

Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Menasor Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #260 - Pulsecon 2020
"Pulsecon 2020"
Posted: Sunday, September 27th, 2020

Buy "Mastermind Creations MMC Reformatted R-43 Mors Transformers IDW Helex DJD" on EBAY
Buy "DECEPTICON BERSERKER PREMIER EDITION TRANSFORMERS THE LAST KNIGHT" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Elita-1 - New in Box" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Megatron and Decepticon Berserker action figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure NEW!!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers CYBERVERSE REPUGNUS TARGET EXCLUSIVE!  Loose, Complete!" on EBAY
Buy "Rare Transformers  MMC R 43 R-43 MORS Helex IDW Action Figure US Seller Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers - Shockwave - Walgreens Exclusive Cyber Battalion" on EBAY