Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye Ongoing #5 Preview

Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye Ongoing #5 Preview

Tuesday, May 22nd, 2012 6:55am CDT

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 29,071

Courtesy of our friends at IDW Publishing we have the preview for Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye Ongoing #5. Pick up your copy tomorrow, but for now enjoy the preview below.

TRANSFORMERS: More Than Meets The Eye Ongoing #5
James Roberts (w) • Alex Milne (a) • Milne, Nick Roche (c)
TERROR BEYOND THE STARS! The dark secret at the heart of Delphi is revealed as Ratchet’s world starts to fall apart. Time is running out for the Autobot’s Chief Medical Officer and his band of followers, who must confront an enemy that literally cannot be reckoned with. Warning: not everyone will make it out alive!
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

*Variant Covers:
Marcelo Matere variant! Interlocks with TRANSFORMERS: Robots in Disguise #5’s RI cover!

Bullet points:
• The breakout success of the TRANSFORMERS relaunch continues with new dangers!
Winners of the UNDERBASE awards for BEST WRITER, BEST ARTIST, and BEST SINGLE ISSUE!

Credit(s): IDW Publishing

This article was last modified on Tuesday, May 22nd, 2012 7:02am CDT

Re: Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye Ongoing #5 Preview (1382250)
Posted by korisifu on May 22nd, 2012 @ 7:21am CDT
I like where this is going and especially like to see Fort Max get some revenge. I really want to see if they involve the DJD or just reference it here.
Re: Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye Ongoing #5 Preview (1382268)
Posted by Tigertrack on May 22nd, 2012 @ 8:03am CDT
Love the way First Aid is going. Previously a con? Or I misread. How is a pacifist previously a con? This is one of the reasons I like what's going on, and the surprises we keep getting (in good ways).
Re: Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye Ongoing #5 Preview (1382277)
Posted by Sodan-1 on May 22nd, 2012 @ 8:25am CDT
How long do Ambulon's arms look in that panel just before he gets the gun pointed at him?

I'm seriously starting to agree with whoever it was that said they're disappointed with the character Drift has become. Someone commented on it after a previous preview article (forgive me that I can't remember who you are). He's just not the silent badass he used to be and that I found more interesting.

All that being said it's still an awesome comic.

tigertracks 24 wrote:Love the way First Aid is going. Previously a con? Or I misread. How is a pacifist previously a con?

I think you've misread, mate. I thought it was Ambulon he was accusing of being a former Decepticon as he was the one who let the 'cons out.
Re: Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye Ongoing #5 Preview (1382291)
Posted by sabrigami on May 22nd, 2012 @ 9:02am CDT
Love that the first few panels are a mirror image of the first pages of LSoTW 5. very nice touch there :D This is shaping up to be a fun looking issue.
Re: Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye Ongoing #5 Preview (1382434)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on May 22nd, 2012 @ 3:07pm CDT
sabrigami wrote:Love that the first few panels are a mirror image of the first pages of LSoTW 5.

I thought the exact same thing! So awesome to see that. I'd probably be in a pretty bad mood too if I was put into a coma for 5 years by Decepticons, and the first thing I saw when waking up was more Decepticons.
Re: Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye Ongoing #5 Preview (1382466)
Posted by Vectorshot on May 22nd, 2012 @ 4:46pm CDT
Re: Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye Ongoing #5 Preview (1382478)
Posted by sabrigami on May 22nd, 2012 @ 5:20pm CDT
Vectorshot wrote:Does Fort-max have a dead robot's head in his chest? Man he must be pissed off to the highest of pisstivity.

Yeah, he snapped it off using one of his shoulder panels. I didn't catch that the first time.
Re: Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye Ongoing #5 Preview (1382489)
Posted by Blurrz on May 22nd, 2012 @ 5:53pm CDT
Sonuva.. well I guess I need to catch up on this series now.
Re: Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye Ongoing #5 Preview (1382503)
Posted by Stormrider on May 22nd, 2012 @ 6:41pm CDT
I am going to need to get into this series.
Re: Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye Ongoing #5 Preview (1382532)
Posted by Heavy B on May 22nd, 2012 @ 7:41pm CDT
Liars A-D part 1: Don't go to delphi, Don't go into the basement.
Re: Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye Ongoing #5 Preview (1382580)
Posted by quickmixed on May 22nd, 2012 @ 10:10pm CDT
Dr. Heavy B wrote:Liars A-D part 1: Don't go to delphi, Don't go into the basement.

I had totally forgotten about the message from the future. This is going to be a huge issue. I dont hold much hope for Ratchet. I hope he gets through all this. Hes become a really good character.
Re: Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye Ongoing #5 Preview (1382590)
Posted by Vectorshot on May 22nd, 2012 @ 10:32pm CDT
Re: Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye Ongoing #5 Preview (1382597)
Posted by quickmixed on May 22nd, 2012 @ 10:47pm CDT
Vectorshot wrote:@Quickmixed: I totally agree but if you noticed how First-aid was spitting out orders you can kind of figure what the author is building up to. Personally I would rather see Ratchet take a holiday for a while than have him die. I here Miami is nice this time of year.

Yeah You're right. Considering that Ratchet went to Delphi to tell Pharma he was going to be his replacement, I guess he has to find someone else now. First Aid for chief medical officer it is!
Re: Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye Ongoing #5 Preview (1382694)
Posted by Bleak5170 on May 23rd, 2012 @ 8:43am CDT
Re: Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye Ongoing #5 Preview (1382699)
Posted by Tigertrack on May 23rd, 2012 @ 8:59am CDT
Bleak5170 wrote:Although I don't see it happening, if they kill off Ratchet, I'm done collecting TF comics, (and I've bought almost everything IDW has published).

If they kill him off, or he disappears or is thought to be dead, there is nothing that says he can't come back miraculously somehow (see other characters in fiction).
Re: Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye Ongoing #5 Preview (1383837)
Posted by Matrix42 on May 25th, 2012 @ 8:29pm CDT
Re: Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye Ongoing #5 Preview (1383885)
Posted by quickmixed on May 26th, 2012 @ 12:03am CDT
Matrix42 wrote:Just finished reading the issue! It is the BEST one in MTMTE, and it's better than everything in RID. I give it 11/10. I know, it kinda doesn't make sense, but this issue definitely deserves it! :APPLAUSE:

11/10 indeed,

Just finished reading my copy and I can not get over how good this was! Ratchet is quickly becoming my fave character in this series I loved the last panel where you see his newly found hands and Im stoked he made it through I enjoyed the few pages with Red Alert and Rung too. Quite funny in parts. Also , Tailgates flashback and Pharmas flashback were drawn in 2 very different styles which I also enjoyed.
Re: Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye Ongoing #5 Preview (1384151)
Posted by Burn on May 26th, 2012 @ 11:02pm CDT
Definitely the most enjoyable read of the series so far.

As others have said, Ratchet's character is awesome. I'm starting to think since 1984 his character has been over-shadowed by the more bigger names and we're only now starting to get to really experience him.

Tailgate and Ultra Magnus ... I have no idea if Magnus is serious or he's just screwing with Tailgate, but it was still a laugh. As was Rung and Red Alert.

And even though both sub-stories were only a few panels, they continue to set up mysteries for further down the track.

Superb writing, except for the fact Drift survived.
Re: Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye Ongoing #5 Preview (1384299)
Posted by Chaoslock on May 27th, 2012 @ 12:31pm CDT
Burn wrote:
Superb writing, except for the fact Drift survived.

Hey, if Drift died, who would have annoyed Ratchet and the rest of crew to death with spiritualism?

MTMTE is the most enjoyable TF comic I've read since the late G1.
Re: Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye Ongoing #5 Preview (1384913)
Posted by Tigertrack on May 29th, 2012 @ 12:12pm CDT
Enjoyed it immensely. Love how Ratchet got his new hands and can overcome his 'oldness'.

Fortress move with the head was nice.

Mistaken in my first take of bubbles and who was talking on the preview. First Aid and Ambulon. I really like how this played out. Well orchestrated and rendered.

Keep 'em coming!

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Superion Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #267 - Netflix Earthrise Reviewed
"Netflix Earthrise Reviewed"
Posted: Monday, December 28th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Caliburst & Slugslinger Deluxe Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-48 Brawn & Repugnus Robot Figure Toy" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return, SKY SHADOW, Leader Class, Generations" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE RED ALERT & BRAWN, Universe Legends 2008" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Megatron and Doomshot NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Skytread Unopened" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titan Returns Blitzwing + Headmaster Hazard Voyager class New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return BROADSIDE BLUNDERBUSS Generations Voyager Class" on EBAY