Transformers Mosaic: "A Modem of Value."

Transformers Mosaic: "A Modem of Value."

Monday, July 9th, 2012 11:44am CDT

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 19,739

The Universe of the Transformers is vast, and populated by many characters. Their universe is a large tapestry, made up of the stories and points of view of countless experiences that serve the larger whole.

These are some of those stories. This is:

It should be noted that while this project has been recognized by IDW Publishing and Hasbro, none of the works presented have been commissioned or solicited by either company. The stories are not official canon, except where noted. These stories are the result of Transformers enthusiasts taking the time out of their busy days to contribute to a universe they love. No one has been paid for the production of these stories.

Follow Transformers Mosaic on Deviant Art, Facebook & Twitter

A MODEM OF VALUE

Writer:
Rob Queen

Art:
Kluyten

Color:
Phil Knott

Letters:
HdE

Credit(s): Richter

Re: Transformers Mosaic: "A Modem of Value." (1398603)
Posted by BeastProwl on July 9th, 2012 @ 12:15pm CDT
What did i just read? Seriously, whats going on here?
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "A Modem of Value." (1398609)
Posted by Flashwave on July 9th, 2012 @ 12:32pm CDT
Fuzzy Dice! Enterprise! Battlestar thingy! Whoo for easter eggs!

BeastProwl wrote:What did i just read? Seriously, whats going on here?
Chop Shop, who's missing a few screws, is scavenging a graveyard for parts, and selling them to Shockwave. Which is actually a ruse for him to steal data out of Shockwave's computer as to what Shockwave is really doing.
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "A Modem of Value." (1398693)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on July 9th, 2012 @ 3:40pm CDT

Not that I'm complaining, since ChopShop always had the most unique personality of the Deluxe Insecticons, who're so paradoxically well known but obscure as to make them perfect Mosaic fodder. The art style was perfect for his goofiness, but am I the only one who always saw those four as horrifying, due to their only drawn appearance together being the the '85 mural where Earth is getting bombed so bad the damage is visible from space, and Venom starring in the last installment of those equally apocalyptic Kid-Stuff read-along stories?

Hope there's a few more Mosaics before the hammer falls for good!
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "A Modem of Value." (1398695)
Posted by BeastProwl on July 9th, 2012 @ 3:44pm CDT
Flashwave wrote:Fuzzy Dice! Enterprise! Battlestar thingy! Whoo for easter eggs!

BeastProwl wrote:What did i just read? Seriously, whats going on here?

I got the story, just not everything that was said. I guess I can say I dont understand the technical side of all of chop-shop's babbling.
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "A Modem of Value." (1398708)
Posted by SavageCam on July 9th, 2012 @ 4:50pm CDT
Bumblevivisector wrote:Yeah, the last panel kind of lost me too. "Autobot State-secrets" might have more impact if I knew what universe this was set in: G1 cartoon? Dreamwave continuity?

Hope there's a few more Mosaics before the hammer falls for good!

I'm going to say this is set in IDW pre-war Cybertron. Every bot is Cybertronian, but those that work for the central government are identified as Autobots, thus there can be different levels of secrets.

State: Hot Rod misappropriated state funds for an energon bender at some resort.

Autobot: Zeta Prime is secretly building vamparc ribbon weapons to use against dissident Cybertronians.
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "A Modem of Value." (1398715)
Posted by Stormrider on July 9th, 2012 @ 5:38pm CDT

Hope there's a few more Mosaics before the hammer falls for good!

Chopshop is one of my fav's. I didn't quite understand everything that was said, but understood the general meaning. Was Chopshop an extortionist? I know a few other Insecticons were.

The Deluxe Insecticons are featured in Micromaster miniseries. And there are some few shining moments where Chopshop steals his companions weapons right behind them backs. It's priceless.
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "A Modem of Value." (1398878)
Posted by Optimutt on July 10th, 2012 @ 6:46am CDT

Nope. The continuity is much more recent. What one piece of information would the Autobots absolutely loathe to have fall into Decepticon hands?

This is actually the prelude to a much longer piece I'd like to write for IDW, though I doubt they'd give me a chance to write it.

Still, one can hope. But until then, I'm going to keep on writing fun stories.

Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers RID Combiner Force Warriors Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "TAKARA TOMY TRANSFORMERS WFC E24 SKYLYNX E11 OPTIMUS PRIME" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire & Aimless" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Timelines Collectors Club TFCC Runabout and Runamuck" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime First Edition Cliffjumer MOSC Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Windblade & Scorchfire Complete with weapons." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime First Edition RID Starscream Deluxe Class Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Takara Legends LG-37 LG37 JAGUAR RAVAGE Legends Titans return" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grax & Skullsmasher New Damaged Package" on EBAY