Transformers Mosaic: "Deceptive Logic"

Transformers Mosaic: "Deceptive Logic"

Monday, November 14th, 2011 8:01am CST

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 38,887

The Universe of the Transformers is vast, and populated by many characters. Their universe is a large tapestry, made up of the stories and points of view of countless experiences that serve the larger whole.

These are some of those stories. This is:

It should be noted that while this project has been recognized by IDW Publishing and Hasbro, none of the works presented have been commissioned or solicited by either company. The stories are not official canon, except where noted. These stories are the result of Transformers enthusiasts taking the time out of their busy days to contribute to a universe they love. No one has been paid for the production of these stories.

Follow Transformers Mosaic on Deviant Art, Facebook & Twitter

DECEPTIVE LOGIC

Story by:
Matt B.

Art by Letters by:
The Grim

Credit(s): Richter

Re: Transformers Mosaic: "Deceptive Logic" (1312313)
Posted by Heavy B on November 14th, 2011 @ 8:09am CST
that explains a great deal.
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "Deceptive Logic" (1312330)
Posted by First-Aid on November 14th, 2011 @ 8:40am CST
Very interseting premise. I like it!
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "Deceptive Logic" (1312335)
Posted by RhA on November 14th, 2011 @ 8:44am CST
Win!
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "Deceptive Logic" (1312336)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on November 14th, 2011 @ 8:45am CST
Starscream based on the War Within Titanium toy, while War Within Megatron gets the darker helmet reminiscent of the Romita model used in the original 4-issue limited series, with Marvel-ness further reinforced by Straxus and Thunderwing being at the meeting, PLUS the story explains Shockwave's face in a way that could also explain the animosity between Shockwave and Megatron in comic continuity...

...YES! Best Mosaic in months!!!

Sticking to cartoon prehistory is great if you want to work in as many Diaclone concepts as possible or have fun with the Quintessons, but for stories like this that explain characters becoming who we know them to be, it's often better to work in comic continuity.
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "Deceptive Logic" (1312343)
Posted by --B-- on November 14th, 2011 @ 9:23am CST
He should have stepped on his hand too, that way it would give a reason for the laser hand.

I liked this one. It took me a minute to get everything, but I liked it.
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "Deceptive Logic" (1312344)
Posted by fenrir72 on November 14th, 2011 @ 9:29am CST
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "Deceptive Logic" (1312373)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on November 14th, 2011 @ 10:13am CST
fenrir72 wrote:Not the "Romita" model but the Diaclone prototype pics. So now we have a back story why Shockwave got no face?

I meant the model used in his Marvel TF Universe profile, with larger eyes and the brow-line determined by the downward peak on the helmet rather than the bottom of the vestigial crest of the toy protruding from under the helmet in the standard animation model. That profile pic also has a trigger on the fusion cannon, which I thought was usually attributed to Romita rather than Dery.

Well, regardless, Megs' head was only drawn like that in the very earliest stories, so it has as much of a prehistory connotation as his old Microchange sword, which many of us assume was his weapon when he was a gladiator, discarded around the time he found his fusion cannon (possibly right when he grabbed it off that guy in State Games)

I also just realized that the original face made up for Shockwave here looks a lot like Animated Jazz's face. Is that some sort of nod to Jazz and Shockwave's Alternators/Binaltech toys sharing a common mold? Damn, these guys covered ALL the bases! Though I also agree with whoever mentioned his left hand; maybe if he'd tried to block the punch...
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "Deceptive Logic" (1312401)
Posted by Rated X on November 14th, 2011 @ 11:13am CST
The rendition of Shockwave with a mouth was so horrid it deserved a good punch in the face. ;)
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "Deceptive Logic" (1312446)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on November 14th, 2011 @ 1:57pm CST
interesting concept awesome none the less
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "Deceptive Logic" (1312474)
Posted by Mindmaster on November 14th, 2011 @ 3:33pm CST
...And that, my children, is how Shockwave became a one-eyed freak. The end. 8-}
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "Deceptive Logic" (1312477)
Posted by MightyMagnus78 on November 14th, 2011 @ 3:37pm CST
Well that certainly ruined his day!
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "Deceptive Logic" (1312483)
Posted by Poyguimogul on November 14th, 2011 @ 3:54pm CST
I saw the Picture and thought "This is going to be a Mosaic about G1 Shockwave (most likely in the G1 Marvel-verse) using the Longarm Prime gimic from animated."

-Actually kinda glade I was wrong, but at the same time, wish I was right. While this is the first Shockwave's face gets broken, have had 2 Shockwave loses a hand Mosaics, and no Transcending of Longarm Prime from Animated. Maybe that's a concept that should stay dead & buried...

Favorite scene in this is Shockwave's corpse laying there doing the traditional Cartoon float on the ground using an almost perfect pic from the instructions.
The colors rock too, especially in that scene, the floor gradient is very G1 Sunbow.
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "Deceptive Logic" (1312564)
Posted by Twitchythe3rd on November 14th, 2011 @ 7:21pm CST
Give me your face!
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "Deceptive Logic" (1312572)
Posted by Overwatch on November 14th, 2011 @ 7:57pm CST
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "Deceptive Logic" (1312617)
Posted by Mindmaster on November 14th, 2011 @ 9:07pm CST
Overwatch wrote:This is the first mosiac I've read and I must say, I'm quite impressed with both the artwork and the story

They usually are. You should read my all-time favorite, "The Last Enemy".

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... emy/18899/
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "Deceptive Logic" (1312640)
Posted by Overwatch on November 14th, 2011 @ 10:05pm CST
Mindmaster wrote:

They usually are. You should read my all-time favorite, "The Last Enemy".

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... emy/18899/

Internet speeds are horrid on my end today. Took me forever to load "The Last Enemy", but the wait was well worth it. Great storyline. Inclusion of a second shooter conspiracy amused me abit too, whenever I read/see/hear a reference to it I think of the 'models are assassins' conspiracy in Zoolander. Had to search this "Enemy' character on the tf wiki too, had never heard of him before.
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "Deceptive Logic" (1312701)
Posted by Optimutt on November 15th, 2011 @ 12:32am CST
For sother mosaics, check out Deviantart. http://transformers-mosaic.deviantart.com/

And for the two that I did (shameless plug!) with the help of some amazing artists: http://optimutt.deviantart.com/

Mosaics are generally very well worth a read. This is no exception, being both fun and clever. Great work!
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "Deceptive Logic" (1312812)
Posted by GEEWUN on November 15th, 2011 @ 9:48am CST
Really loving Thunderwing, and Stracus in that first panel
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "Deceptive Logic" (1312911)
Posted by budmaloney on November 15th, 2011 @ 1:17pm CST
gr8 mosaic, I like how it highlights the days when the Decpticons were just a bunch of bots hangin out, and Megatron did what he wanted.
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "Deceptive Logic" (1313091)
Posted by Mindmaster on November 15th, 2011 @ 9:07pm CST
Overwatch wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:

They usually are. You should read my all-time favorite, "The Last Enemy".

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... emy/18899/

Personally, I think this Mosaic should be official canon. 'Nuff said. Glad you enjoyed it as much as I did. ;) :grin:

Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters cyberverse Predaking" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers - Generations Select - Voyager - Sandstorm - Loose" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Beetle Bumblebee Spike Volkswagen Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Sandstorm" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 2016 Generations Titans Return Deluxe Class SKULLSMASHER & GRAX!" on EBAY
Buy "Takara TOMY Transformers Legends LG32 Chromedome Headmasters Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary SANDSTORM Voyager NEW" on EBAY