Transformers Mosaic: "Forgive and Forget."

Transformers Mosaic: "Forgive and Forget."

Thursday, November 25th, 2010 10:53am CST

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: Diem   Views: 37,373

The Universe of the Transformers is vast, and populated by many characters. Their universe is a large tapestry, made up of the stories and points of view of countless experiences that serve the larger whole.

These are some of those stories. This is:

It should be noted that while this project has been recognized by IDW Publishing and Hasbro, none of the works presented have been commissioned or solicited by either company. The stories are not official canon, except where noted. These stories are the result of Transformers enthusiasts taking the time out of their busy days to contribute to a universe they love. No one has been paid for the production of these stories.

For all Transformers news / updates / information, click here

Transformers Mosaic FAQ, click here

FORGIVE AND FORGET

Written by;
Josh van Reyk http://josh-van-reyk.deviantart.com

Pencils by;
Paul Vromen http://piusink.deviantart.com/

Inks by:
Jake Isenberg http://inker-guy.deviantart.com/

Colors by;
Sara Guyon-Gellin http://alteride.deviantart.com/

Letters by;
HdE http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

For the latest in Transformers news, stick with Seibertron.com!

Credit(s): Richter

Re: Transformers Mosaic: "Forgive and Forget." (1150620)
Posted by Swiftpaw on November 25th, 2010 @ 11:27am CST
Wonderfully done, art and story alike!
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "Forgive and Forget." (1150633)
Posted by Lackadaisical on November 25th, 2010 @ 12:34pm CST
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "Forgive and Forget." (1150638)
Posted by retrothomas on November 25th, 2010 @ 12:46pm CST
This one is really excellent! I had G1 Motormaster as a kid so that was a very cool touch for me.

This one was very gritty, and I like the Autobots being in a position where the Decepticons are truly menacing and are forcing the good guys to make hard choices. It's intense, and it's an image of the Decepticons I really like. In G1 they're (in my opinion) often portrayed as bumbling nuisances that retreat all the time, but evil, effective depictions of Decepticons are where it's at ;)
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "Forgive and Forget." (1150648)
Posted by Mindmaster on November 25th, 2010 @ 1:40pm CST
Motormaster always was a caniving, thieving little butthole. Makes sense he would destroy an entire city for one guy. Of course, Megatron would probably do the same. It's kinda sad how Prowl treated Bluestreak at the end. :-(
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "Forgive and Forget." (1150651)
Posted by genozaur on November 25th, 2010 @ 1:51pm CST
prowl is a primus be damned prick in need of a serious glitch slapping right now
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "Forgive and Forget." (1150661)
Posted by Mindmaster on November 25th, 2010 @ 2:28pm CST
[quote="Lackadaisical"]Qué buen trabajo!!!, impecable, destacable, la paradoja planteada es irresoluble, felicitaciones![quote="Lackadaisical"]

Translation;

[quote="Lackadaisical"]What good work!!!, impeccable , outstanding , her paradox nursery is unsolvable , congratulations![quote="Lackadaisical"]

I'm not that good in Spanish, so... yeah, no idea about the 4th one... :lol:
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "Forgive and Forget." (1150688)
Posted by griftimus prime on November 25th, 2010 @ 3:57pm CST
lackluster compared to the prime and megatron one
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "Forgive and Forget." (1150697)
Posted by Windsweeper on November 25th, 2010 @ 4:39pm CST

Great art. I like Prowl's portrayal. He may be a prick but this story shows he's no wimp either. Plus he's not a complete prick, he did forgive Bluestreak.

Strangely I've been wondering about these two lately. Bluestreak's bio has him as the last survivor of his city. Wiki tells us that this city is Praxus. Both War Within and TFWiki tell us that Prowl is also from Praxus which contradicts Bluestreak's lone survivor bio.

I like the idea that they're from the same city. Their similar appearance fits in with that. I like the idea that they might even be related. If properly written, they could have as interesting a 'brother' dynamic as the Lambo Twins had in Dreamwave. This mosaic looks like a great start to such a dynamic.

Excellent mosaic.
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "Forgive and Forget." (1150703)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on November 25th, 2010 @ 4:56pm CST
Windsweeper wrote:Personally, I found the Megatron/Prime one to overrrated. I liked this one but then I love Prowl and like Bluestreak in the cartoon.

Excellent mosaic.

Agreed, the Megatron/Prime one was kind of done before in the sense that the villain attempts to say he is the same, and then the good leader defies him with meaningful dialogue (still was a good mosaic though).
This mosaic is pretty awesome, and again, agreed regarding prowl not being just "a prick" but more of a klingon personality who would prefer the honourable route even at the cost of his life, and anyone who steals that from him is not really his new best buddy.

:CON:
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "Forgive and Forget." (1150708)
Posted by craggy on November 25th, 2010 @ 5:19pm CST
a nice piece of writing (great art and colours too!)...and a prequel to City Of Fear?
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "Forgive and Forget." (1150779)
Posted by MGrotusque on November 25th, 2010 @ 9:30pm CST
Noice! i liked it. I like the Prime and Megatron too.

Why complain about which was better. They're both great and the mosaics are gettin better and better.
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "Forgive and Forget." (1150839)
Posted by PraetorGix on November 26th, 2010 @ 6:49am CST
Mindmaster wrote:
I'm not that good in Spanish, so... yeah, no idea about the 4th one... :lol:

The last part would be: "The paradox raised here is irresoluble"

Being From Argentina, a spanish talking country, I prolly shouldn't say this, but hey, if this forum is in english, people should post in english whenever possible... I'm guessing if Lackadaisical liked the mosaic that much, he evidently learnt english at some point...
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "Forgive and Forget." (1151024)
Posted by Richter on November 26th, 2010 @ 3:36pm CST

This is more or less the first part in a larger story I'm putting together. If all goes well, the next part should be out in a month or so, so stay tuned...
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "Forgive and Forget." (1151030)
Posted by MightyMagnus78 on November 26th, 2010 @ 3:49pm CST
Richter wrote:HUGE thanks to all the positive response to this mosaic. I'm really proud of the story and couldn't be happier with how the art came together.

Can't wait to see the rest, I'm sure that will be brilliant also!
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "Forgive and Forget." (1151121)
Posted by zenosaurus_x on November 26th, 2010 @ 9:07pm CST
What an amazingly complex mosaic...

Definition of rock and a hard place...
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "Forgive and Forget." (1151196)
Posted by PiusInk on November 27th, 2010 @ 5:10am CST
Thanks for all your positive responses people! We stand firmly behind this piece, I myself am very proud of it.

griftimus prime wrote:lackluster compared to the prime and megatron one

Aye, noted, Griftimus. The Megs/Prime Mosaic is fantastic. Could you please elaborate on your argument though? That would make for a much more interesting discussion. And mind you, I could go on all weekend long if need be! ;)
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "Forgive and Forget." (1151206)
Posted by Stormwolf on November 27th, 2010 @ 7:22am CST
Great Mosaic, I really love that Prowl was written like his Budiansky version.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumble Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Strafe" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
"No Thanks Given"
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

Buy "Transformers G.I. Joe Sky Striker Starscream Cobra Commander 2011 SDCC Exclusive" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers SIEGE War for Cybertron Deluxe Class COG - WEAPONIZER! Complete." on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers War For Cybertron SIEGE Firedrive WFC-S1" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS SIEGE WAR FOR CYBERTRON BATTLE MASTERS Aimless" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers War for Cybertron SIEGE Roadhandler & Swindler WFC-S4" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War For Cybertron Trilogy Pteraxadon Action Figure Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War For Cybertron Springer" on EBAY