Transformers Mosaic: "I Will be a God!"

Transformers Mosaic: "I Will be a God!"

Monday, September 12th, 2011 2:14am CDT

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 37,408

The Universe of the Transformers is vast, and populated by many characters. Their universe is a large tapestry, made up of the stories and points of view of countless experiences that serve the larger whole.

These are some of those stories. This is:

It should be noted that while this project has been recognized by IDW Publishing and Hasbro, none of the works presented have been commissioned or solicited by either company. The stories are not official canon, except where noted. These stories are the result of Transformers enthusiasts taking the time out of their busy days to contribute to a universe they love. No one has been paid for the production of these stories.

Follow Transformers Mosaic on Deviant Art, Facebook & Twitter

I WILL BE A GOD

Story by;
Wout Jut

Art by;
Phillip Knott

Colors and Letters by;
Sam Palmer

Credit(s): Richter

Re: Transformers Mosaic: "I Will be a God!" (1288528)
Posted by cannonfodder4000 on September 12th, 2011 @ 2:37am CDT
I just adore the Machine Robo/Studio Ox inspired art style, it's nice to see another artist who draws like that! :grin:
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "I Will be a God!" (1288529)
Posted by Just Negare on September 12th, 2011 @ 2:49am CDT
Ooh, always love a good SG/MV rendition. The art was decent, and Prime's madness was quite pleasant.
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "I Will be a God!" (1288547)
Posted by Mindmaster on September 12th, 2011 @ 5:48am CDT
More Shattered Glass comics like this one, please! :APPLAUSE:
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "I Will be a God!" (1288561)
Posted by Counterpunch on September 12th, 2011 @ 7:27am CDT
Isn't this one just completely wrong in its own continuity?

SG Megs and Galvy are the same person, so I suppose this is an off-shoot of an off-shoot?
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "I Will be a God!" (1288570)
Posted by Mechastrike on September 12th, 2011 @ 7:46am CDT
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "I Will be a God!" (1288577)
Posted by Midnight_Fox on September 12th, 2011 @ 8:02am CDT
Mechastrike wrote:a redeco/retool of Cybertron Evac as SG Galvatron.... somebody please make a toy on that?

You mean like this?

He was a Botcon exclusive this year.
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "I Will be a God!" (1288592)
Posted by BeastProwl on September 12th, 2011 @ 9:17am CDT
I don't understand SG logic, but I like it!
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "I Will be a God!" (1288594)
Posted by gothsaurus on September 12th, 2011 @ 9:21am CDT
I love the art, tone, and writing... but agree on the point that I thought Galvatron and Megatron were supposed to be the same person in this universe as well. (Maybe there's some fiction or bio I need to read?)

Can someone explain what's happening with the key going in Galvatron's back and buttons being clicked? Looks like Prime is putting the key into him. (?) :-?

Either way, MORE SG like this. Love that universe... and this art and project has been really well executed.
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "I Will be a God!" (1288595)
Posted by highburn on September 12th, 2011 @ 9:22am CDT
Very nicely done. Story telling from the art is pretty solid. From a layout standpoint though I would have re-worked the panel with the keyboard, it looks as if Prime is typing on Galvatron's back. Other than that, very well done. To the colorist...high five, it's a nice.
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "I Will be a God!" (1288602)
Posted by Mechastrike on September 12th, 2011 @ 9:40am CDT
Midnight_Fox wrote:

You mean like this?

He was a Botcon exclusive this year.

my apologies. i can't attend all these conventions. i live in Asia.
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "I Will be a God!" (1288688)
Posted by RhA on September 12th, 2011 @ 2:01pm CDT
Great art, though the story is choppy IMO.
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "I Will be a God!" (1288709)
Posted by MightyMagnus78 on September 12th, 2011 @ 3:01pm CDT
I'm really not a Shattered Glass kind of guy, but I do love the art work.
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "I Will be a God!" (1288726)
Posted by Joetx on September 12th, 2011 @ 3:34pm CDT
gothsaurus wrote:Can someone explain what's happening with the key going in Galvatron's back and buttons being clicked? Looks like Prime is putting the key into him. (?)

It looks to me that the small frame with the buttons is distinct from the larger frame where Galvatron's back is facing towards us. The small frame is just to show what OP is doing in the larger frame.
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "I Will be a God!" (1288779)
Posted by esclavo on September 12th, 2011 @ 6:24pm CDT
Joetx wrote:

I was asking myself the same thing! I zoomed in and it seems part of the same panel. If anyone has an explanation, please let me know!
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "I Will be a God!" (1288845)
Posted by Covenant on September 12th, 2011 @ 10:43pm CDT
Love Mosiacs like this, seriously. Nice quick, characterizing story, AWESOME artwork, great colors.

But I was unaware of the Glavy & Megs are bros angle. Is this the norm for the two personalities nowadays? I've heard for years people tired of Megatron turning INTO Galvatron..
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "I Will be a God!" (1288853)
Posted by Joetx on September 12th, 2011 @ 11:00pm CDT
esclavo wrote:
Joetx wrote:

Think about it, people. How can Prime be pushing a button on Galvatron's back when Prime is well in front of Galvatron? Prime isn't Mr. Fantastic.
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "I Will be a God!" (1288869)
Posted by Trikeboy on September 13th, 2011 @ 12:02am CDT
On closer inspection, I don't believe that bot to be shattered glass Galvatron at all. SG Galvatron doesn't have the arm canon. This could be a different bot in a similar body, one that Primus bestowed onto Megatron after he was killed by Cyclonus and reformatted into Galvatron. The only thing that doesn't make sense is the finger on the back of the helicopter bot. Prime is in front of him and Megatron is tied up. The only way to explain is that there is a fourth bot there who isn't in any other panel, hmm.
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "I Will be a God!" (1289445)
Posted by Grimlock Badass1 on September 14th, 2011 @ 1:39pm CDT
Hi, I'm the writer of the Mosaic. I'm a big fan of Shattered Glass. Read the comic drawn by The Don and read Reunification. Loved that story. But I was sad about how simple Megatron died and how he became Galvatron.
Like Gen1 has many universes, this universe is just a variant of the S.G universe. Things are just a little bit different. Since the IDW Galvatron I've hoped to see that the explanation was that they where brothers. Never happened.
So I've took a little freedom and made them in the SG universe brothers.
Still, It could happen that I maybe write a story where Galvatron is killed and later on that Megatron will be Galvatron.
But maybe that's to much. A idea I've got this morning.

About the panel. You are not the first one the wonder about that. Also de responds on the DeviantArt site where the same. Same questions about this panel. Some people see that it's the hand of Optimus, others don't see it.
Maybe a error of mine in the script but Phillip resolved it with this small panel and in my opinion it works great!!!
He is really good and draw it in a week.
This is the first Shattered Glass Mosaic of many I've wrote. You will see Optimus again in at least two different Mosaics. One is a sequel of this one, the other a totally different story that really will rock (well, they both will ;) )
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "I Will be a God!" (1289449)
Posted by gothsaurus on September 14th, 2011 @ 1:44pm CDT
Hey. That one tiny panel is a small critique... overall it's a FANTASTIC mosaic. Keep up the good work, my friend!
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "I Will be a God!" (1289471)
Posted by Grimlock Badass1 on September 14th, 2011 @ 2:29pm CDT
Thank you. :grin:

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 03 Deluxe Class Movie 3 Crowbar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 8 Newman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
"No Thanks Given"
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

Buy "Funko Pop! Retro Toys G1 Transformers SHOCKWAVE #83 SDCC 2021 Shared Exclusive" on EBAY
Buy "WINDBLADE Legion Class RARE Transformers Robots In Disguise Hasbro New Figure" on EBAY
Buy "2015 Transformers Combiner Wars WHEELJACK Deluxe Class Complete Instructions" on EBAY
Buy "AIR RAID Transformers Combiner Wars Deluxe Aerialbot Superion 2015 Complete" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Robots in Disguise SPRINGLOAD Incomplete Action Figure Frog RID Fig" on EBAY