Transformers Mosaic: "I'll Kill You"

Transformers Mosaic: "I'll Kill You"

Sunday, February 6th, 2011 12:58am CST

Categories: Site News, Comic Book News
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 35,995

The Universe of the Transformers is vast, and populated by many characters. Their universe is a large tapestry, made up of the stories and points of view of countless experiences that serve the larger whole.

These are some of those stories. This is:

It should be noted that while this project has been recognized by IDW Publishing and Hasbro, none of the works presented have been commissioned or solicited by either company. The stories are not official canon, except where noted. These stories are the result of Transformers enthusiasts taking the time out of their busy days to contribute to a universe they love. No one has been paid for the production of these stories.

For all Transformers: Mosaic news / updates / information, click here

Transformers Mosaic FAQ, click here

Seibertron.com - The Ultimate Transformers Resource!

Credit(s): WhiteRabbit

Re: Transformers Mosaic: "I'll Kill You" (1178153)
Posted by im ruined on February 6th, 2011 @ 1:10am CST
NEAT!
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "I'll Kill You" (1178158)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on February 6th, 2011 @ 1:35am CST
Haha, pretty sweet. Its funny coz I just recently picked up a NECA AVP:R warrior alien to add to my TF Universe. I figured if there was one alien worthy of coexisting in the same universe as machines of war, it was an Alien. Cool to see a Predator though, merges them all together. Someones got to do an Alien next!

:CON:
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "I'll Kill You" (1178161)
Posted by Blurrz on February 6th, 2011 @ 2:12am CST
Epic
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "I'll Kill You" (1178163)
Posted by Dr. Caelus on February 6th, 2011 @ 2:21am CST
This mosaic is very pretty, though oddly, this isn't the first time I've seen G1 TF vs. Predator. I say oddly because they aren't an intuitive pairing. All in all, this is better done; my only criticism would be the choice of Scrapper - it hasn't been that long since Spike gave him a very similar thrashing in IDW's comics.

MINDVVIPE wrote:Cool to see a Predator though, merges them all together. Someones got to do an Alien next!

Actually, it might be an interesting twist if a group of Predacons scanned Xenomorphs for their alternate modes, but the hive-mind and instincts of the xenomorphs was so over-powering that they found themselves in the queen's thrall.
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "I'll Kill You" (1178165)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on February 6th, 2011 @ 2:24am CST
Caelus wrote:I still long for an AVP series set in the Beast Wars era. Seems more compatible on multiple levels - Predator vs. Predatory beasts vs. Predatory beasts that turn into robots - plus they're a more compatible size, and the partially biological nature of the Beast-Era TFs might make them vulnerable to Xenomorph infection, or at least able to assume Xenomorph alternate modes.

Dude, what the hell, you just wrote a few mosaics :-D . SOMEONE ILLUSTRATE! hahaha
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "I'll Kill You" (1178173)
Posted by Pr1meSuspect on February 6th, 2011 @ 2:46am CST
Awsome! Predator's artwork looked great, good job.
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "I'll Kill You" (1178204)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on February 6th, 2011 @ 5:15am CST
cool I guess but the different art styles just don't mesh. The predator is far, far better drawn than the Transformer.
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "I'll Kill You" (1178209)
Posted by Blueshift on February 6th, 2011 @ 7:23am CST
Caelus wrote: my only criticism would be the choice of Scrapper - it hasn't been that long since Spike gave him a very similar thrashing in IDW's comics.

That's because this IS the art of Scrapper getting a thrashing in the IDW comics, with art of the Predator from the Dark Horse comics pasted in instead of Spike.

Re: Transformers Mosaic: "I'll Kill You" (1178212)
Posted by zodconvoy on February 6th, 2011 @ 7:58am CST
Blueshift wrote:Copying panels wholesale is really stretching the definition of 'homage' to be honest...

Yeah but at least they weren't straight up traced. Leave that to the professionals like Greg Land!
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "I'll Kill You" (1178238)
Posted by rpetras on February 6th, 2011 @ 10:01am CST
Love it!
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "I'll Kill You" (1178240)
Posted by Blozor on February 6th, 2011 @ 10:12am CST
Now I kinda want IDW to get the idea for a G1 Transformers/Predator crossover...
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "I'll Kill You" (1178261)
Posted by T-Macksimus on February 6th, 2011 @ 11:39am CST
zodconvoy wrote:

Well, they did tell us right from the start where the artwork comes from. Source material is in the credits right at the top right corner of the page. I think it's a darn fine way of merging the 2 universes and so long as the proper credit was given it still counts (in my mind) as a cool piece of TF themed fiction. I absolutely loved this one. True, the clash between the art styles of the different sources is overly obvious and rather distracting but the concept is so damn awesome! I'd love to have seen this show up as the current IDW mini-series instead of Infestation.
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "I'll Kill You" (1178274)
Posted by Prime's Trailer on February 6th, 2011 @ 12:21pm CST
L-O-R-D.
Best mosaic yet, I've always wanted to see a TF/Pred crossover.
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "I'll Kill You" (1178308)
Posted by Skice on February 6th, 2011 @ 2:15pm CST
That mosaic was so lazy it's pathetic. The Hack who made it couldn't even be bothered to get original artwork. Any Idiot with Photoshop could have done this. It's just fail, complete and total fail. Grow some talent will ya.
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "I'll Kill You" (1178310)
Posted by Dr. Caelus on February 6th, 2011 @ 2:26pm CST
Blueshift wrote:

Ah, well, I feel stupid now.

And cheated, because this is something pretty much anyone could have done. The only real skill lies in the last panel, and that's still 'meh'.

If all they were going to do was cut together a couple of sources, they probably could have done much better and given us a movie trailer.
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "I'll Kill You" (1178327)
Posted by nilocomic on February 6th, 2011 @ 3:01pm CST
How can they allow something like this to be posted in the mosaics? No original art whatsoever. Total blemish on this whole project. Take it down. Seriously, take it down. Or find an artist to draw it themselves so it's original. Collaborate with someone, don't just copy and paste other artwork thinking it makes it a tribute. It's just lazy and ugly.
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "I'll Kill You" (1178439)
Posted by zenosaurus_x on February 6th, 2011 @ 7:18pm CST
Pretty cool though...I wanted Scrapper to win.
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "I'll Kill You" (1178821)
Posted by T-Macksimus on February 7th, 2011 @ 12:35pm CST
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "I'll Kill You" (1178883)
Posted by nilocomic on February 7th, 2011 @ 2:14pm CST
T-Macksimus wrote:Hey, I've got some news for you little punk haters tearing this mosaic to pieces. Not everyone is capable of maneuvering through Photoshop or whichever photo/art editing program is "flavor of the month" and cranking out a masterpiece. My own talent lies in written word, not graphics. I could write mosaics that would make your heads explode but having to illustrate them would be painstakingly slow for me. I could do it and it would look great, but it would take forever and a day and would not be worth it to me to even make the attempt for such a short story and you have no freaking idea, not even a damn clue, as to how much that sh** FRUSTRATES me! This guy had a great concept and he found a way to make that concept come across in a visual form. He did a better job of bringing a story across then the rest of you did just sitting back and bitching about it so why don't you folks step back and find out the whole story about it before attacking someones character and abilities.

He could have found an illustrator to collaborate with though. It doesn't have to all be done by one person.
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "I'll Kill You" (1319730)
Posted by Grimlock Badass on December 5th, 2011 @ 4:50am CST
This was my very first try with the mosaic. I did this as a tribute (and I hadn't drawn in years) and I wanted to learn how it works to make a comicpage. It was al done with the good intention.

But last month I give it a try by drawing myself, see http://grimlockbadass.deviantart.com/#/d4g1iz9.

The second Mosaic was I will be a God that take place in the Shattered Glass Universe.
Now it's december, and I've learned a lot. I've wrote several mosaics and found artists to do those. Soon two mosaics will come on the mosaic-deviantart about Elita One. The first drawn by Rui Onishi en the second by Koen Luyten. The artwork of both are great.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Barricade" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #286 - They Might Be Giants
"They Might Be Giants"
Posted: Friday, October 8th, 2021

Buy "TRANSFORMERS RISE OF THE DECEPTICONS # 24 OCT 2020 NEW COVER A" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Autobot TAILGATE and GROUNDBUSTER" on EBAY
Buy "1985 SCRAPPER G1 TAKARA TRANSFORMERS CONSTRUCTICON (DEVASTATOR) HASBRO DECPTICON" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Optimus Prime Western Star 5700XE Jada" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Action figures - Brand new sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Battle Masters Siege War CALIBURST Takara Tomy B" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Adventures Thunderhowl Figure 2021 MOC Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers R.I.D Firebot Dive Bomb & Instructions Evacuate Override Buzzsaw…" on EBAY