Transformers Mosaic: "Land of the Giants."

Transformers Mosaic: "Land of the Giants."

Monday, September 10th, 2012 8:32am CDT

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 20,919

The Universe of the Transformers is vast, and populated by many characters. Their universe is a large tapestry, made up of the stories and points of view of countless experiences that serve the larger whole.

These are some of those stories. This is:
Transformers Mosaic: "Land of the Giants."

It should be noted that while this project has been recognized by IDW Publishing and Hasbro, none of the works presented have been commissioned or solicited by either company. The stories are not official canon, except where noted. These stories are the result of Transformers enthusiasts taking the time out of their busy days to contribute to a universe they love. No one has been paid for the production of these stories.

Follow Transformers Mosaic on Deviant Art, Facebook & Twitter

LAND OF THE GIANTS

Story Art & Colors by;
Butzilla

Transformers Mosaic: "Land of the Giants."

Credit(s): Richter

Re: Transformers Mosaic: "Land of the Giants." (1418668)
Posted by Trikeboy on September 10th, 2012 @ 9:20am CDT
Ehh, not much story but it is nice to see the combiners in their toy design.
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "Land of the Giants." (1418671)
Posted by Autobot032 on September 10th, 2012 @ 9:23am CDT
Absolutely no plot. Just pretty artwork. It's exactly what they claim the Bayverse to be, yet I can sit through 2.5 hours of those, gladly. And I could skip ever seeing this, again.

Re: Transformers Mosaic: "Land of the Giants." (1418672)
Posted by fenrir72 on September 10th, 2012 @ 9:25am CDT
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "Land of the Giants." (1418731)
Posted by Kiracon on September 10th, 2012 @ 12:37pm CDT
I like it, gives you a more in-depth look then the one large page IDW did for the comic. :D
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "Land of the Giants." (1418773)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on September 10th, 2012 @ 5:41pm CDT
Autobot032 wrote:I know Mosaic can be fantastic, I've seen it. Why 95% of them end up being this pointless...nothing, is beyond me.

How many have you done?
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "Land of the Giants." (1418776)
Posted by Stormrider on September 10th, 2012 @ 6:03pm CDT
fenrir72 wrote:This explains the absence of the Autobot heavy hitters during the Battle of Autobot City back in 2005 (Iirc, this was slightly tackled in the compiled adaptation of IDW back in 2006/2007.

Thanks. That give the story more perspective for me. :D
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "Land of the Giants." (1418779)
Posted by Autobot032 on September 10th, 2012 @ 6:27pm CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:

How many have you done?

None. I have no idea how to submit one. How many have you done?
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "Land of the Giants." (1418802)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on September 10th, 2012 @ 8:22pm CDT
Autobot032 wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:

How many have you done?

None. I have no idea how to submit one. How many have you done?

None. I'd like to see some of yours if and when you figure out how to submit them, to see if you can do better.
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "Land of the Giants." (1418810)
Posted by Duke of Luns on September 10th, 2012 @ 8:54pm CDT
Autobot032 wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:

How many have you done?

None. I have no idea how to submit one. How many have you done?

I've wrote a hanful of Mosaic's, not this one, though I doubt the ones I have written are "stellar". Anyone's curious, I favorited all my stuff:

Sadly since the project is ending, I don't think they're taking any more submissions.

Anyway, I will agree on one hand that some Mosaics do exist for the art and little more. A couple Guiltor Mosaics I wrote could qualify because well, no one's going to do anything with the character.

However, in a sense I think that's ok, because it does hit a certain sweet spot in the brain to see certain X character do Y thing. Using Guiltor as an example again, I wrote two Mosaics as nothing more than a fight scene because action is action, and joy can be taken from seeing good art.

This Mosaic definitely falls into that category, I like it because it has good art, and it has a couple character moments. It doesn't really impact my opinion of the characters, but it reminds me that Combiners are cool, and Superion never used his shield that I know of in any media, so I like that aspect.

Could the story have been just a tad deeper? Yeah, but it's hard to get across a complete idea in one page.

Anyway, this is not meant to be a rant or anything. A lot of work goes into a Mosaic, and I always try to find something to like about every Mosaic ;) .
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "Land of the Giants." (1420101)
Posted by Grimlock Badass1 on September 14th, 2012 @ 8:36am CDT
I wrote this story originaly for the Animated movie Project, but that was canceled.

It explain indeed why you don't see them at Autobot city and I just love a good fight-scene. ;)

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Menasor Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight 1-Step Turbo Changer Cogman" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
"No Thanks Given"
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

Buy "Funko Pop! Retro Toys G1 Transformers SHOCKWAVE #83 SDCC 2021 Shared Exclusive" on EBAY
Buy "WINDBLADE Legion Class RARE Transformers Robots In Disguise Hasbro New Figure" on EBAY
Buy "2015 Transformers Combiner Wars WHEELJACK Deluxe Class Complete Instructions" on EBAY
Buy "AIR RAID Transformers Combiner Wars Deluxe Aerialbot Superion 2015 Complete" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Robots in Disguise SPRINGLOAD Incomplete Action Figure Frog RID Fig" on EBAY