Transformers Mosaic: "Last Rite."

Transformers Mosaic: "Last Rite."

Monday, April 20th, 2009 1:39am CDT

Categories: Comic Book News, Site Articles
Posted by: i_amtrunks   Views: 13,303

The Universe of the Transformers is vast, and populated by many characters. Their universe is a large tapestry, made up of the stories and points of view of countless experiences that serve the larger whole.

These are some of those stories. This is:
Transformers Mosaic: "Last Rite."

It should be noted that while this project has been recognized by IDW Publishing and Hasbro, none of the works presented have been commissioned or solicited by either company. The stories are not official canon, except where noted. These stories are the result of Transformers enthusiasts taking the time out of their busy days to contribute to a universe they love. No one has been paid for the production of these stories.

Transformers Mosaic FAQ, click here

LAST RITE

STORY:
MIKE “THUNDERWING” PRIEST HTTP://MIKEPRIEST83.DEVIANTART.COM

ART:
KYLE HUDSON

COLORS & LETTERS:
MICHAEL J. “TRAMP” TRAMPERT HTTP://TRAMP-GRAPHICS.DEVIANTART.COM

Transformers Mosaic: "Last Rite."

Credit(s): Richter

Re: Transformers Mosaic: "Last Rite." (912501)
Posted by Bumblebeast on April 20th, 2009 @ 1:47am CDT
Well...
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "Last Rite." (912504)
Posted by Dclone Soundwave on April 20th, 2009 @ 2:05am CDT
Interesting to know how Rhinox really felt about Dinobot....although I could tell there was tension between them throughout the first two seasons...still, this seems a bit "Tankor-ish" to me the way he's acting...
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "Last Rite." (912512)
Posted by Spectral Dragon on April 20th, 2009 @ 3:05am CDT
Does it help you to know he was Tankor?

Other than that, I could really see Rhinox as being the one stuck doing the ulogy and being the pall bearer. Even if it is just because he usually got "stuck" doing what most everyone else would have considered a chore.
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "Last Rite." (912529)
Posted by Primus C-00 on April 20th, 2009 @ 4:30am CDT
I don't get it.

What is it Rhinox is fiddling with?

:?:
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "Last Rite." (912535)
Posted by Mykltron on April 20th, 2009 @ 5:51am CDT
I think I'm missing something here. What was the point?
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "Last Rite." (912605)
Posted by Justicity on April 20th, 2009 @ 9:47am CDT
For anyone that doesn't get this, it's set at the end of the Beast Wars episode Code of Hero, in which Dinobot sacrifices himself to save the lives of the first humans and prevent Megatron from changing history so that the original Megatron has the upper hand in the battles that will take place in Earth's future. Here Rhinox is setting up the device that essentially acts as Dinobot's coffin, or at least memorial/grave stone. Dinobot is, if I recall, the only member of the Beast Wars to get an actual funeral.

The interaction between Rhinox (who goes on to become the Vehicon Tankor in Beast Machines) and Dinobot is limited, and it's usually him telling Dinobot to quiet down or get his temper under control.

Now to my opinion. While I love it when Beast Wars gets mosaic's this is a little odd to me. I agree, Rhinox would be the one to get "stuck" with doing the eulogy and setting up his funeral, and his opinion of Dinobot seemed to be based on what other people thought of him (Cheetor looked up to him, Rattrap was his friend, etc) but I don't think he'd straight up say at the end "I don't like you". I personally don't think he would have thought this at all, let alone said it.
The reason Tankor's identity was such an interesting shock is because Rhinox was always the dependable one who would get on with anyone, even if he couldn't trust them properly.
I never got a feeling of dislike between these two characters, which just makes some of this mosaic difficult for me to see happening...
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "Last Rite." (912627)
Posted by Badass Grimlock on April 20th, 2009 @ 10:23am CDT
Why are most of the new mosiacs so...... Crappy?
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "Last Rite." (912680)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on April 20th, 2009 @ 12:56pm CDT
Im almost touched......luckily such moments pass quickly. Seriously though, another Good mosaic. I always wondered what Rhinox thought about Dinobot.
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "Last Rite." (912725)
Posted by Primus C-00 on April 20th, 2009 @ 2:23pm CDT
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "Last Rite." (912783)
Posted by Justicity on April 20th, 2009 @ 4:45pm CDT
Primus C-00 wrote:Oh the holo-projector at the end of the episode when Primal gives the second eulogy.

Sounds right, I can't quite remember the scene itself.
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "Last Rite." (912857)
Posted by ultra_magus on April 20th, 2009 @ 7:58pm CDT
Well done. I was never a real fan of BEAST WARS (I was 17 and trying to put my toys away at the time), This is a very nice character peice. What do you say to a fallen comrade you didn't particularly like? They deserve your honesty, but you don't want to be disrespectful, and this story achieved that balance perfectly. :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE:
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "Last Rite." (913033)
Posted by BeastWars 4ever on April 21st, 2009 @ 8:36am CDT
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "Last Rite." (913431)
Posted by Justicity on April 22nd, 2009 @ 4:18am CDT
BeastWars 4ever wrote:When I drew this, the pencils were sweet. I was a little dissapointed by the way the inks turned out. I'm working on another one now, so does anyone have some inking suggestions?

If your pencils are much better than your inking, don't ink.
I used to skip inking altogether and just neaten the pencils and make them look darker using photoshop/fireworks (or another program).
Since then I've started inking digitally instead, as I still cant ink by hand neatly.

Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Titan Changer Megatron Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #288 - Filler Episode
"Filler Episode"
Posted: Sunday, November 14th, 2021

Buy "Hasbro RICOCHET NIGHTSTICK Transformers G1 TRU Commemorative Series IX MISB" on EBAY
Buy "1987 Vintage G1 Transformers Decepticon Headmaster Snapdragon Krunk" on EBAY
Buy "Scorponok Helmet Mask 1987 Vintage G1 Transformers Fasttrack Antenna Radar" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Scorponok 1st Run & Fast Track" on EBAY
Buy "New Transformers Ironworks SEALED War for Cybertron: Earthrise Deluxe" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Wingspan Cloudraker Clones Walgreens MISB Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Walgreens Exclusive & Wingspan Cloudraker" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Battle For Cybertron Quintesson Invasion Shockwave Prowl" on EBAY