Transformers Mosaic: "Loyalty Rewarded."

Transformers Mosaic: "Loyalty Rewarded."

Monday, November 15th, 2010 7:41am CST

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: Dead Metal   Views: 39,818

The Universe of the Transformers is vast, and populated by many characters. Their universe is a large tapestry, made up of the stories and points of view of countless experiences that serve the larger whole.

These are some of those stories. This is:

It should be noted that while this project has been recognized by IDW Publishing and Hasbro, none of the works presented have been commissioned or solicited by either company. The stories are not official canon, except where noted. These stories are the result of Transformers enthusiasts taking the time out of their busy days to contribute to a universe they love. No one has been paid for the production of these stories.

Transformers Mosaic FAQ, click here

LOYALTY REWARDED

Story:
Zac DeBoard - justynnbailey.deviantart.com

Art:
Kei Tomoe - trablosk.deviantart.com

Edits:
Juan Pablo Osorio - iskander77.deviantart.com

Letters:
Franco Villa - m3gr1ml0ck.deviantart.com

pre-Earth Chopper redesign:
Andy Short - ramrider.deviantart.com

pre-Earth Whirl redesign:
Paul Vromen - piusink.deviantart.com

Why not check out seibertron.coms Mosaic gallery?

Credit(s): Richter

Re: Transformers Mosaic: "Loyalty Rewarded." (1146668)
Posted by esclavo on November 15th, 2010 @ 7:46am CST
Very cool! This one oozes with awesomeness. Love the connections made to G1 universe. Great job, guys! :APPLAUSE: :KREMZEEK:
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "Loyalty Rewarded." (1146672)
Posted by Editor on November 15th, 2010 @ 7:57am CST
To put it simply:
:APPLAUSE:
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "Loyalty Rewarded." (1146674)
Posted by justynnbailey on November 15th, 2010 @ 8:11am CST
Glad to hear people liked it. This one was a bit more difficult for me....
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "Loyalty Rewarded." (1146722)
Posted by BadFlipKC on November 15th, 2010 @ 10:10am CST
HA! Great ending, nice work!
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "Loyalty Rewarded." (1146724)
Posted by First-Aid on November 15th, 2010 @ 10:12am CST
Great job! Love it!
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "Loyalty Rewarded." (1146738)
Posted by zenosaurus_x on November 15th, 2010 @ 10:29am CST
Great one! Now have Blackout in the G1-iverse next!

Anyhow, I was unsure who could beat Onslaught(since I consider him just awesome) but when I saw it was Lugnut, it was perfect. I like that RoadBuster's there too, he's my favorite Wrecker.

Though Megatron sure...sucks...leaving the guy stopping StarScream from attempting to kill him.
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "Loyalty Rewarded." (1146740)
Posted by Trikeboy on November 15th, 2010 @ 10:33am CST
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "Loyalty Rewarded." (1146742)
Posted by Night Raid on November 15th, 2010 @ 10:38am CST
Trikeboy wrote:Awesome mosaic, it is probably one of the best in a long while. I love seeing other universe characters join in G1 and Lugnut is definitly one of them. Though, it does raise a point, why did G1 Megatron not ask where his most loyal subject was? Anyway, it was fantastic, great job.

Megatron doesn't care about anybody other than himself. They're all just tools to him, to be used and disposed of whenever he pleases.
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "Loyalty Rewarded." (1146747)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 15th, 2010 @ 11:02am CST

Also, typo: "an unified" should be "a unified".
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "Loyalty Rewarded." (1146756)
Posted by justynnbailey on November 15th, 2010 @ 11:42am CST
Sabrblade wrote:Why is Scrash in Machine Wars Starscream's colors instead of G1 Skyquake's colors?

Also, typo: "an unified" should be "a unified".

My memory is a bit fuzzy. The art/coloring for this was done a while back....but, I believe Scrash's coloring was a way to differentiate between he and Skyquake (even though they were pretty much consdered to be the same character), as well as being a shout out to MW Screamer.

Yea, I noticed that typo after it was posted.....sigh. Ah well.....
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "Loyalty Rewarded." (1146761)
Posted by Wasp-shot23 on November 15th, 2010 @ 11:53am CST
poor ol' luggy.
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "Loyalty Rewarded." (1146789)
Posted by Windsweeper on November 15th, 2010 @ 1:34pm CST
Nice to finally see Archforce in some fiction even if he is dying.

Lugnut was my favourite 'new' character from Animated. Great to see him in G1 and in the Dreamwave version no less. Again like Archforce, shame he's getting killed.

I'm trying to place the blue Autobot. I recognise Springer, Roadbuster and Whirl but whose the 4th Autobot?

Great mosaic. Love the art.
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "Loyalty Rewarded." (1146796)
Posted by justynnbailey on November 15th, 2010 @ 1:46pm CST
He was based on an old Diaclone toy.
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "Loyalty Rewarded." (1146820)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on November 15th, 2010 @ 3:08pm CST
Great artwork and story, but a little constructive criticism; The second row of panels on the left with Scrash, his foot seems to line up its edge corner with the background wall, making it that much more difficult to dinstinguish, so in the future it would help to adjust the placement of contour lines so as to better cut out the intended imagery.
:CON:
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "Loyalty Rewarded." (1146833)
Posted by UltraPrimal on November 15th, 2010 @ 3:33pm CST
Hahaha, Lugnut! I hate that guy. :lol:
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "Loyalty Rewarded." (1146956)
Posted by Trikeboy on November 15th, 2010 @ 8:45pm CST
Night Raid wrote:

Yeah, good point Night Raid. As long as they are of use, he keeps them on his side. I read it again and I have to say there is one thing about the story I don't like. The Wreckers kill Lugnut despite the fact his spirit was broken and wasn't putting up a fight. I know he is a formidable enemy but surely, as Autobots, he should have been detained, not killed. Springer sounds a bit cold actually, almost like a Decepticon.
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "Loyalty Rewarded." (1146966)
Posted by justynnbailey on November 15th, 2010 @ 10:02pm CST
Trikeboy wrote: I read it again and I have to say there is one thing about the story I don't like. The Wreckers kill Lugnut despite the fact his spirit was broken and wasn't putting up a fight. I know he is a formidable enemy but surely, as Autobots, he should have been detained, not killed. Springer sounds a bit cold actually, almost like a Decepticon.

Well, the final piece differs from the original script quite a bit. A lot was cut out in order to fit onto one page. Lugnut was to continue fighting and in the end he would just be overwhelmed and he would go offline. The original also called for the Dynobots, who at least from my point of view as I was writing were a little less careful with their foes. Personally, I love ol Luggy and I just assume that while his body may have been destoyed, his spark survived....like they put it in a machine like they have a Garrus 9 or something. Shrugs...
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "Loyalty Rewarded." (1147195)
Posted by im ruined on November 16th, 2010 @ 12:55pm CST
very f***in cool Great :APPLAUSE: job
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "Loyalty Rewarded." (1147727)
Posted by zenosaurus_x on November 17th, 2010 @ 6:31pm CST
Trikeboy wrote:
Night Raid wrote:

Also, I figured LugNut survived too...the ending seemed too....survivy?
But something about his face, the new LugNut toy's face looks off to me, I like the original Animated design.
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "Loyalty Rewarded." (1147797)
Posted by justynnbailey on November 17th, 2010 @ 10:46pm CST
zenosaurus_x wrote:Agree with everything here, but this brings up a point....LugNut WAS useful, so why let him die? It just makes it all that easier for StarScream.

Also, I figured LugNut survived too...the ending seemed too....survivy?

Again, this is just "in my head" but Megs was probably obsessed with The Autobots on The Ark (at least for the moment) and didnt bother to take attendance, so to speak, and therefore didn't notice Lugnut.

Another thing to keep in mind is...we were kinna working within a set continuity and trying to fit stories and characters where we can. Obviously Lugnut wasnt in G1 originally so it's a tricky thing to do. I just kinna thought it was a pretty neat way to introduce him and explain his "absence" from the show.

Believe me, I try to take all of this stuff into account when I write, but if I overthink it, I'd never get anything written! Hehe.

As for the faces of the "transplanted characters. It seems to be harder to translate the facial features of the TFA bots into a G1 style (for instance, I felt Lockdown's face in the Drift mini was just horrific), but I think Lugnut came out very well in this.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers B1798AS0 Warpath Figure Combiner Wars" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Zeta Toys EX-06O Oriprime Optimus Prime MP Scale Toy Transformers MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Lazerback" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Legion Class Lot - Prowl - Bumblebee" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers - Generations Select - Voyager - Sandstorm - Loose" on EBAY
Buy "transformers Prime Beast Hunters voyager PREDAKING - 100% complete lot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Beetle Bumblebee Spike Volkswagen Action Figure" on EBAY