Transformers Mosaic: "The Ghost Train"

Transformers Mosaic: "The Ghost Train"

Monday, October 31st, 2011 3:52pm CDT

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 45,807

The Universe of the Transformers is vast, and populated by many characters. Their universe is a large tapestry, made up of the stories and points of view of countless experiences that serve the larger whole.

These are some of those stories. This is:

It should be noted that while this project has been recognized by IDW Publishing and Hasbro, none of the works presented have been commissioned or solicited by either company. The stories are not official canon, except where noted. These stories are the result of Transformers enthusiasts taking the time out of their busy days to contribute to a universe they love. No one has been paid for the production of these stories.

Follow Transformers Mosaic on Deviant Art, Facebook & Twitter

Check the Seibertron.com mosaic database for all previous mosaics.

THE GHOST TRAIN

Story by:
Mario Coleman

Art by:
Ben Foot

Credit(s): Richter

This article was last modified on Monday, October 31st, 2011 4:31pm CDT

Re: Transformers Mosaic: "The Ghost Train" (1307135)
Posted by Heavy B on October 31st, 2011 @ 3:57pm CDT
total crap. Mosaic is capable of WAAAAAAYY better
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "The Ghost Train" (1307143)
Posted by optimuscarlos on October 31st, 2011 @ 4:14pm CDT
I like the art, kind a retro style
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "The Ghost Train" (1307152)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on October 31st, 2011 @ 4:38pm CDT
That was kind of anti-climatic i mean it was all right but not note worthy
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "The Ghost Train" (1307155)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on October 31st, 2011 @ 4:42pm CDT
nice artwork and concept but the story needs to be expanded a bit, might as well just said oh he was here then he died the end.
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "The Ghost Train" (1307159)
Posted by PiusInk on October 31st, 2011 @ 4:55pm CDT
Dr. Heavy B wrote:total crap. Mosaic is capable of WAAAAAAYY better

Nice way to give some constructive criticism there. Have you yourself done any Mosaics lately? I'd like to see them ;)

I really like this, it is one of the more refreshing Mosaics I've seen in a while. The art is indeed very retro and somehow gives off a very British vibe. Very different from what we're used to of course, buit this is definitely quality work. I really like the use of colours as well.
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "The Ghost Train" (1307170)
Posted by Mkall on October 31st, 2011 @ 5:47pm CDT
A nice one to see for Halloween.
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "The Ghost Train" (1307172)
Posted by Heavy B on October 31st, 2011 @ 5:51pm CDT
PiusInk wrote:
Dr. Heavy B wrote:total crap. Mosaic is capable of WAAAAAAYY better

dude, do me a favor. Surf the forum, find every post thats criticle of a comic, or toy, or show, and ask them if they can do better. When you're done, THEN I'll add some "constructive criticism".
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "The Ghost Train" (1307175)
Posted by Baneblade on October 31st, 2011 @ 6:05pm CDT
i see that po's law strikes again... oh well

yes the mosaic is anti-climatic at the end. i was expecting a little more from it - but if it's the writers first piece? i don't know, i haven't read all the mosaics..
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "The Ghost Train" (1307177)
Posted by PiusInk on October 31st, 2011 @ 6:13pm CDT
Dr. Heavy B wrote:
PiusInk wrote:
Dr. Heavy B wrote:total crap. Mosaic is capable of WAAAAAAYY better

Seriously, what are you trying to prove? Only that you like cutting up somebody else's work just for the heck of it, nothing more.

Is "criticle" a word?
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "The Ghost Train" (1307180)
Posted by TCracker on October 31st, 2011 @ 6:21pm CDT
While the styling is not the usual Mosiac entry, it is unique and refreshing. The story could be expanded tho. But good nevertheless.
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "The Ghost Train" (1307187)
Posted by Heavy B on October 31st, 2011 @ 6:56pm CDT
PiusInk wrote:
Dr. Heavy B wrote:
PiusInk wrote:
Dr. Heavy B wrote:total crap. Mosaic is capable of WAAAAAAYY better

Is "criticle" a word?

Maybe I'm trying to prove I don't like the god damn comic. You want specifics? Fine, The artwork looks like it predates Marvel transformers #1. Theres a reason the recent transformers comics are not in this style. Also, it makes it hard to tell who it was that took the proffesor (white rumble/frenzy?) Then we have the conductor who says that the proff just walked in like he was drawn in, but the comic shows him clearly being taken. Whats worse, given this is supposed to be a transformers comic, the only sound a transformer makes is WOOSH. Its like Ongoing #8 where a transformer didn't appear untill page 17.

Finally, the reason I said its crap is because I AM DR. HEAVY B, I'm an American and as such I am protected by an Iron Clad first ammendment that says I have a right to give my oppinion about a crappy comic posted online if I so choose.

Satisfied?
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "The Ghost Train" (1307203)
Posted by MGrotusque on October 31st, 2011 @ 8:28pm CDT
You Americans.....so craaazy.
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "The Ghost Train" (1307204)
Posted by SpaceSkull on October 31st, 2011 @ 8:32pm CDT
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "The Ghost Train" (1307206)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on October 31st, 2011 @ 8:37pm CDT
Dr. Heavy B wrote:
PiusInk wrote:
Dr. Heavy B wrote:
PiusInk wrote:
Dr. Heavy B wrote:total crap. Mosaic is capable of WAAAAAAYY better

Is "criticle" a word?

Satisfied?

An' accordin' ta' legend, the Ghost Train leaves an eeeeeerie trail a' flames an' meanin'-less posts in its wake, turnin' all they touch inta' shriekin' trolls, left ta' wonderin' why no hearts or minds are swayed by their mournful cries, an'--

No wait, it's got me too! Can't...fight...it...

Beast Machines is continuity-raping piece of garbage that needs to be excised from the franchise ASAP, and whining of the GEEWUNNERS is why the HUB is only airing the pre-movie episodes! George Lucas had Spielberg fire Megan Fox for defending the original cuts of the Star Wars trilogy, and...

...and the mosaic's art does kind of walk that fine line between old-fashioned and sloppy, and while Transformers spawning human legends is a good idea that should be explored more, this could've been better executed with a stronger punch in the last panel, like maybe a hint of what Astrotrain and Frenzy hoped to accomplish with the kidnappings. Any chance this will have a follow up?

And did I say Frenzy? RIR-FIB FOREVER! Unghhh, the curse be a strong one...
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "The Ghost Train" (1307210)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 31st, 2011 @ 8:45pm CDT
"...And every year, on the date of the accident, it runs again as warning to others! Plunging into the gap! Shrieking like a lost soul!"

Kudos to whomever gets this reference. ;)
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "The Ghost Train" (1307213)
Posted by SpaceSkull on October 31st, 2011 @ 8:47pm CDT
I may only have 40 posts and don't hang out at this site all day but I am an American too and that gives me freedom of speech, which obviously is a precious thing. However, if I am part of a community I would probably be a little more respectful to each member and probably pipe in with some constructive criticism or word of encouragement instead of just blasting away at someone who spent some time working on some art. Perhaps the phrase "It's not my cup of tea.(or energon)" would have been better. Or "no comment" - Just one Bot's opinion.
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "The Ghost Train" (1307216)
Posted by Heavy B on October 31st, 2011 @ 9:04pm CDT
Bumblevivisector wrote:
Dr. Heavy B wrote:
PiusInk wrote:
Dr. Heavy B wrote:
PiusInk wrote:
Dr. Heavy B wrote:total crap. Mosaic is capable of WAAAAAAYY better

Is "criticle" a word?

Satisfied?

No wait, it's got me too! Can't...fight...it...

And did I say Frenzy? RIR-FIB FOREVER! Unghhh, the curse be a strong one...

How does FIRRIB work when the guy is white?
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "The Ghost Train" (1307219)
Posted by ausbot on October 31st, 2011 @ 9:14pm CDT
Very clever story, it reminded me of the early UK comics like the Man of Iron! Well done!
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "The Ghost Train" (1307220)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on October 31st, 2011 @ 9:15pm CDT
SpaceSkull wrote:Not what you would call traditional Transformer artwork. That's why I like it. Refreshing to see a different look. I would like to just see it in black and white. Has that independent publishing feel. Happy Halloween everybody.

Yeah, come to think of it, in B&W it might look like a 19th century Penny Dreadful, which may have been what the artist was going for. Yet the coloring kind of says "mild acid trip", creating two tastes that kind of work against each other. I reiterate, it's a decent enough idea to warrant a sequel that might iron out a few bumps.
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "The Ghost Train" (1307222)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on October 31st, 2011 @ 9:24pm CDT
Dr. Heavy B wrote:
Bumblevivisector wrote:
Dr. Heavy B wrote:
PiusInk wrote:
Dr. Heavy B wrote:
PiusInk wrote:
Dr. Heavy B wrote:total crap. Mosaic is capable of WAAAAAAYY better

Is "criticle" a word?

Satisfied?

No wait, it's got me too! Can't...fight...it...

And did I say Frenzy? RIR-FIB FOREVER! Unghhh, the curse be a strong one...

How does FIRRIB work when the guy is white?

Only the area around his symbol is entirely white. The rest has plenty of blue and purple. I repeat what I said about the acid-trippy colors to maintain that actual colors vs. lighting effects are largely debatable in this mosaic.

Though with an official toy of Enemy on the way that's redder than Rumble's, we may end up with all the other Microchange cassette-man color variants as legit TF characters, making the abbreviation statements several lines long a few years down the road.

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Peterman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Sky Shadow and  Ominus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Autobot Ratchet" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
"No Thanks Given"
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

Buy "2013 SDCC Hasbro Exclusive: TRANSFORMERS VS GI JOE Jetfire" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS MEGATRON PIN BY TOM WHALEN MONDO 2019 SDCC COMIC CON EXCLUSIVE" on EBAY
Buy "transformers metroplex sdcc titan class MISB" on EBAY
Buy "POO SHAM; Transformers BotBots 2018, Toilet Troop" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Earthrise Trailbreaker Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots: Meet High Tide [Passport to Reading]" on EBAY