Transformers Movie Deluxe Arcee Gallery Now Online

Transformers Movie Deluxe Arcee Gallery Now Online

Wednesday, August 1st, 2007 12:26pm CDT

Categories: Site News, Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: Skowl   Views: 67,524

Seibertron.com's massive toy galleries have been updated with nearly 200 photos of the new Deluxe Arcee figure from the Transformers Movie toyline. The design for the toy is based on robot illustrator Ben Procter's concept art for Arcee, which can been seen here, she was included in earlier drafts of the script but was cut due to negative fan reaction and replaced with Ironhide.

View all 198 photos of the Deluxe Arcee figure by clicking here.

And don't forget that you can get all the latest Transformers Movie news by checking out the Seibertron.com Transformers Movie Section, and all your toy news in the Seibertron.com Toy Section.

Movie Deluxe Arcee gallery

Movie Deluxe Arcee gallery

This article was last modified on Wednesday, August 1st, 2007 12:33pm CDT

Re: Transformers Movie Deluxe Arcee Gallery Now Online (257600)
Posted by twee on August 1st, 2007 @ 12:28pm CDT
I really like Arcee, but I would love her even more if she didn't have those stupid wheel shoulders.
Re: Transformers Movie Deluxe Arcee Gallery Now Online (257617)
Posted by Hotrod on August 1st, 2007 @ 12:37pm CDT
I cannot wait to get my hands on this figure. Awesome gallery Ryan!
Re: Transformers Movie Deluxe Arcee Gallery Now Online (257619)
Posted by Night~GONE on August 1st, 2007 @ 12:38pm CDT
Great gallery. Im glad she didnt get in the movie hew that would be the most horrible character ever. The only fembot i like is BA but the rest of them i find to be weird. Im glad shee will never make it into the movie either scence the already released her toy.Other wise great gallery you are a master of the camera ryan A MASTER!!
Re: Transformers Movie Deluxe Arcee Gallery Now Online (257622)
Posted by 1337W422102 on August 1st, 2007 @ 12:39pm CDT
I don't really like the look of the figure, nor the colour of the bike. But that's a nice bike.

Ryan, I love the Joes fighting Blackout, but you should have given Duke Gung-Ho's grenade launcher!
Re: Transformers Movie Deluxe Arcee Gallery Now Online (257626)
Posted by Blurrz on August 1st, 2007 @ 12:41pm CDT
Re: Transformers Movie Deluxe Arcee Gallery Now Online (257640)
Posted by 1337W422102 on August 1st, 2007 @ 12:50pm CDT
Blurrz wrote:Damn, that's one nice figure. But if she was in the movie, I wonder if she would be portrayed like Armada Sideways, whose mini-cons were the rider of the motorcycle.

There ARE no Mini-Cons in the Movie. She'd just have a hologram projector which would make it look as though she had a rider.
Re: Transformers Movie Deluxe Arcee Gallery Now Online (257650)
Posted by Noisemaze on August 1st, 2007 @ 12:54pm CDT
She was taken out because of what the fanbase had to say??? THE FANBASE NEEDS TO SHUT THE FUCK UP!
Re: Transformers Movie Deluxe Arcee Gallery Now Online (257663)
Posted by Blurrz on August 1st, 2007 @ 1:00pm CDT
1337W422102 wrote:

I know there aren't any Mini-cons in the movie, but ya, you pretty much summed up what I meant(being that the Bicycle transformer has a fake rider)

edit: BTW, can someone tell me where I can pick up Arcee. I know the scout class is a Target Exclusive, but how bout the Deluxe size?
Re: Transformers Movie Deluxe Arcee Gallery Now Online (257667)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on August 1st, 2007 @ 1:03pm CDT
I like the figure. The only thing i dont like is that the wheel parts cant look into place in robot mode. I would like to know why the "fans" didnt want her in the film. Granted we got Ironhide but they still could've put her in. I still have a feeling there was more to her rejection than just the "fan base".

EDIT: after seeing those pics i have to go and buy a GIJOE figure. Id use one of mine but i have no clue what box they are in.
Re: Transformers Movie Deluxe Arcee Gallery Now Online (257682)
Posted by Loki41872 on August 1st, 2007 @ 1:10pm CDT
That's pretty funny with the Joes fighting blackout, especially since one of my friends keeps saying that Bay did a Transformer AND G.I.Joe movie at the same time.

His thoughts are, you can take Lennox and team and just start cranking out G.I. Joe movies and have TF1 be the prequel movie for BOTH franchises. And while the Autobots are fighting Starscream and the decepticons in the TF franchise, Lennox and the boys (G.I. Joe) are fighting Cobra, who has salvaged an advanced alien robot from the ocean and has started cranking out back-engineered weapons.

Back on topic: I like this design for Arcee, and am sad that she was taken out of the movie due to "Poor fan reaction"

I'm with Noisemaze, Sometimes the fans need to SHUT THE F*** UP!
Re: Transformers Movie Deluxe Arcee Gallery Now Online (257699)
Posted by Archanubis on August 1st, 2007 @ 1:18pm CDT
Nice Gallery.

Was she really removed due to the fan vitrol, or because she just didn't work plot wise? (I tend to be skeptical concerning the information that appears on the web, especially at sites like Wiki and IMBd)

(I think we also have a caption contest entry for next week with that top photo ;) )
Re: Transformers Movie Deluxe Arcee Gallery Now Online (257728)
Posted by Skowl on August 1st, 2007 @ 1:34pm CDT
Thunderscream wrote:Nice Gallery.

If I remember correctly, it was a combination of alot of things.

1)Fans didn't like her (they didn't like the lips or flames on Prime either, but that got in),

2) they thought it would be too much for a first movie to have to explain why there is a female robot (as opposed to why there are "male" robots and a "black" robot),

3) and they thought her small size would look weird, since they wanted the robots to seem like giants (except for Frenzy and Scorponok... not to mention Arcee is still, according to the concept art, 9 feet tall, which is still tall considering she's only a motorbike, besides, I don't think Bumblebee in G1 was much taller than 8 or 9 feet compared to Spike, and that worked fine).
Re: Transformers Movie Deluxe Arcee Gallery Now Online (257751)
Posted by Tigertrack on August 1st, 2007 @ 1:43pm CDT
Love that first pic. Joes and TFs showing a sweet scene from the movie. Very creative Ryan! Nicely done!
Re: Transformers Movie Deluxe Arcee Gallery Now Online (257757)
Posted by Tigertrack on August 1st, 2007 @ 1:46pm CDT
Skowl wrote:

Well, they could have explained all of those away the same way they did them learning language, and slang...the internet.
Re: Transformers Movie Deluxe Arcee Gallery Now Online (257774)
Posted by Skowl on August 1st, 2007 @ 1:56pm CDT
tigertracks 24 wrote:
Skowl wrote:2) they thought it would be too much for a first movie to have to explain why there is a female robot (as opposed to why there are "male" robots and a "black" robot

Yes... the internet is the best teacher :HALUC:
Re: Transformers Movie Deluxe Arcee Gallery Now Online (257799)
Posted by Tigertrack on August 1st, 2007 @ 2:12pm CDT
Skowl wrote:
tigertracks 24 wrote:

Yes... the internet is the best teacher :HALUC:

Well you can certainly learn a lot...whether it is true, or a warped truth, or total lie, it is a plethora of...stuff.

So I assume they could have Arcee take a feminine form because she saw it on the net, and thought it was more her style. It's not above my realm of possibility, but I'm rather open-minded when it comes to entertainment. I mean this is the guy who's had to watch the Detroit Lions all of his life, and the Detroit Tigers who have been absolutely dreadful until lately. :P
Re: Transformers Movie Deluxe Arcee Gallery Now Online (257810)
Posted by Immortal Starscream on August 1st, 2007 @ 2:19pm CDT
well, i still dont have mine, but after looking at ryans awsome gallery, i can honestly say this

her head sculpt isnt anywhere near as bad as initial pics showed, its the way its painteds that makes the details look like crap on a crap cracker.

.... or not..

whats realy funny about ryans pics of the joes vs blackout is that the arcee bike was the bike that lennox rode when he attacked blackout like thet :P
Re: Transformers Movie Deluxe Arcee Gallery Now Online (257835)
Posted by Phenotype on August 1st, 2007 @ 2:32pm CDT
I don't know guys, I've been following the movie since it was announced way back in 2004 and I don't remember any announcments on Don Murphy's board or anywhere else that Arcee was cut due to "negative fan reaction". Roberto Orci even said on the official site that she was cut because of the size difference and the fact that they felt it was too difficult to explain why she was the only female. He never said anything about fan's.

Most fans I know are pissed she wasn't in the film so I don't know who they talked to but I honestly don't think the "fan reaction" thing is true. Somebody put it on Wikipedia and then everyone started quoting it as fact. Two years later everyone's forgotten where they heard it and just assume it to be true. Show me something from the producers that says she was cut because of the fans and then I'll believe it but until then can we please stop quoting it as if it's the absolute truth?
Re: Transformers Movie Deluxe Arcee Gallery Now Online (257874)
Posted by Skowl on August 1st, 2007 @ 2:56pm CDT
tigertracks 24 wrote:
Skowl wrote:
Yes... the internet is the best teacher :HALUC:

If Arcee takes the feminine form from women she sees on the interent, the next movie risks being rated "R".

Immortal Starscream wrote:as for the fanbase throwing a fit, well, i never saw it here, apperently it was a fan fit thrown on dmnet (don murphy's boards) so all those of you who want arcee to be in the sequal, start makeing yourself known and heard, and it just might happen...

The Don Murphy boards did influence alot of the first movie, I'm sure, and I think a large part of the anti-Arcee crowd was there, and very vocal about it. If you want to support Arcee, just do what I do and put something in your sig. It's simple, gets the point across and it's always there, it won't die away like threads do.
Re: Transformers Movie Deluxe Arcee Gallery Now Online (257892)
Posted by Seibertron on August 1st, 2007 @ 3:07pm CDT
Hm ... it seems that a lot of us should stand corrected. Here's a quote I found from Bob Orci:

http://seibertron.com/news/view.php?id= ... word=arcee

Roberto Orci wrote:I hope that all those who hate Arcee will be gracious to those who love her. And to all those who wanted to see her, you should know the decision was not based on a mere dislike of the character, nor an attempt to defeminize the franchise. The decision is, at this point, story driven

The original link to Don Murphy's old forums no longer works but the quote is still here on Seibertron.com.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum RID Grimlock and Bumblebee - Exclusive" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #275 - Non-Fungible Mailbag
"Non-Fungible Mailbag"
Posted: Saturday, May 1st, 2021

Buy "Hasbro Transformers TITANS RETURN G1 IDW Windcharger Gnaw Action Figure No Box" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Bluestreak, 100% Complete, MIB" on EBAY
Buy "New Transformers Combiner Wars Voyager Battle Core Optimus Prime (Maximus) MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Blackjack and Hyperdrive MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "transformers combiner wars hound" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Legends Class - Bombshell Lot" on EBAY
Buy "OPTIMUS PRIME RATCHET Shattered Glass Transformers War for Cybertron WFCGS-17" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects Seacon Overbite Takara Tomy Piranacon in USA" on EBAY