Transformers Movie Examples Caution with Advanced Technology

Transformers News: Transformers Movie Examples Caution with Advanced Technology

Thursday, July 12th, 2007 12:50PM CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Digital Media News
Posted by: Raymond T.   Views: 13,704

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

The business section on the website of The Economist has placed an article on the dangers of, and the caution with, new advanced technology. As a means of example they have used the newly released live action Transformers Movie. Namely the fact that the character Frenzy in parts of the movie changes himself as a cellphone. But also on the fact that for the Premiere of the movie a Digital viewer was used to show the movie, while a second projector was running the movie on old style celluloid film, as back-up in case the new technology of the digital projector would have failed.
Credit(s): www.economist.com
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Transformers Movie Examples Caution with Advanced Technology (216744)
Posted by 1337W422102 on July 12th, 2007 @ 12:52pm CDT
Having a projector break down and having the planet invaded by mechanical extraterrestrial life forms are two VERY, VERY different things.
Re: Transformers Movie Examples Caution with Advanced Technology (216763)
Posted by Bottom Out on July 12th, 2007 @ 1:01pm CDT
1337W422102 wrote:Having a projector break down and having the planet invaded by mechanical extraterrestrial life forms are two VERY, VERY different things.



not when that projector is playing the transformers!!
Re: Transformers Movie Examples Caution with Advanced Technology (216779)
Posted by Decepticon Spike on July 12th, 2007 @ 1:06pm CDT
1337W422102 wrote:Having a projector break down and having the planet invaded by mechanical extraterrestrial life forms are two VERY, VERY different things.

What if the projector IS an alien invader?
Re: Transformers Movie Examples Caution with Advanced Technology (216809)
Posted by crazyfists on July 12th, 2007 @ 1:25pm CDT
i dont get it.

i also saw the movie twice with dpi.
Re: Transformers Movie Examples Caution with Advanced Technology (216921)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on July 12th, 2007 @ 2:11pm CDT
Im confused. What the hell is this about? First it talks about Frenzy turning into a phone next it talks about some projector. So did Frenzy turn into a projector and show the film?
Re: Transformers Movie Examples Caution with Advanced Technology (216933)
Posted by Raymond T. on July 12th, 2007 @ 2:21pm CDT
Megatron_Wolf wrote:Im confused. What the hell is this about? First it talks about Frenzy turning into a phone next it talks about some projector. So did Frenzy turn into a projector and show the film?
They used Frenzy as an example of how we trust our advanced technology when it could actually have hidden horrors with it. They just used that scene as a metaphor. Then they go into the actual piece about how they took the precaution with the movie, where they wanted to use the new digital technology but kept a backup plan handy in case the news technology failed.
Re: Transformers Movie Examples Caution with Advanced Technology (217102)
Posted by SnipeShade on July 12th, 2007 @ 3:33pm CDT
That seems very....farfetched. To use that as an analogy. Even old tech can crap out on us. ; \ So.... *shrugs*
Re: Transformers Movie Examples Caution with Advanced Technology (217196)
Posted by proximus on July 12th, 2007 @ 4:35pm CDT
eh..bit of a reach if you asked me. They could have used a far more effective analogy.
Re: Transformers Movie Examples Caution with Advanced Technology (217220)
Posted by Ultra Markus on July 12th, 2007 @ 4:46pm CDT
nothing beats the picture quality of celluloid film!
Re: Transformers Movie Examples Caution with Advanced Technology (217380)
Posted by Jordi S3 on July 12th, 2007 @ 6:12pm CDT
Raymond T. wrote:They used Frenzy as an example of how we trust our advanced technology when it could actually have hidden horrors with it. They just used that scene as a metaphor. Then they go into the actual piece about how they took the precaution with the movie, where they wanted to use the new digital technology but kept a backup plan handy in case the news technology failed.


That's the idea! Recently we can see in some movies, the computer viruses and sofware problems as a part of the weakness of human systems: Terminator 3, Independence Day (in an inverted way), BattleStar Galactica 2003, etc...

That makes think..., is internet and military nets (Arpanet┬┐?), as weak as they look on the fiction?
Re: Transformers Movie Examples Caution with Advanced Technology (217400)
Posted by i_amtrunks on July 12th, 2007 @ 6:23pm CDT
As much as I love the old way of watching film from a celluloid projector, it wont be too much longer before they are gone from the majority of large, major cinema chains.

As for the 2 projectors, when Diesel Locomotive were first being introduce to railways around the world, they were often accompanied by Steam Locomotives (or at least had them on standby) to help them incase they broke down.
Re: Transformers Movie Examples Caution with Advanced Technology (217433)
Posted by Mr.RobotoAutoMan on July 12th, 2007 @ 6:36pm CDT
Jordi S3 wrote:
Raymond T. wrote:They used Frenzy as an example of how we trust our advanced technology when it could actually have hidden horrors with it. They just used that scene as a metaphor. Then they go into the actual piece about how they took the precaution with the movie, where they wanted to use the new digital technology but kept a backup plan handy in case the news technology failed.


That's the idea! Recently we can see in some movies, the computer viruses and sofware problems as a part of the weakness of human systems: Terminator 3, Independence Day (in an inverted way), BattleStar Galactica 2003, etc...

That makes think..., is internet and military nets (Arpanet┬┐?), as weak as they look on the fiction?


yes it is weak. didnt you watch die hard 4? its that easy.
Re: Transformers Movie Examples Caution with Advanced Technology (217576)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on July 12th, 2007 @ 7:26pm CDT
New stuff always breaks.

My Dads old Buick outlasted 3 of my Brother's brand new cars. More bell's and whistles just mean more things to break!

Still, I'll make sure before I go to bed that none of my tech stuff is gonna transform and kill me tonight now.

they got me scared now

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Decepticon Ravage(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warriors Class Autobot Jazz Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Chaos on Velocitron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Apeface" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #211 - On The Prowl
Twincast / Podcast #211:
"On The Prowl"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, November 4th, 2018

New Items on eBay

Buy "DECEPTICON BERSERKER PREMIER EDITION TRANSFORMERS THE LAST KNIGHT" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers The Last Knight INFERNOCUS QUINTESSA FIVE FIGURE SET " on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Trypticon" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Novastar" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers MP-28 Masterpiece Hot Rodimus / Hot Rod (Official Takara) with coin" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers - Power of the Primes - Dreadwind - Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Rodimus Unicronus Kids Toy Gift" on EBAY
Buy "1986 G1 TRANSFORMERS TRYPTICON DOUBLE BARRELED BLASTER PART TO COMPLETE ORIGINAL" on EBAY