Transformers Movie Gets 8 Scream Awards Nominations

Transformers Movie Gets  8 Scream Awards Nominations

Friday, September 7th, 2007 5:28pm CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Event News
Posted by: Hotrod   Views: 13,474

The award nominations for the Transformers Movie are starting to pile up. The film has now been nominated for eight Spike TV Scream Awards. The Scream Awards are a celebration of this year's best in horror, sci-fi, fantasy and comic and are voted on by the fans. The Scream Awards will be held on October 19th at the Greek Theatre in Los Angeles, California. The awards will be shown on Spike TV on Tuesday, October 23rd at 10:00 PM Eastern. To vote click here. Transformers has been nominated in the following categories:

The Ultimate Scream
Best Science Fiction Movie
Sci-Fi Siren
Sci-Fi Star
Breakout Preformance
Jump Form Your Seat Scene of the Year
Best Director
Best F/X

Credit(s): ifilm.com

Re: Transformers Movie Gets 8 Scream Awards Nominations (330322)
Posted by Blackmoon on September 7th, 2007 @ 5:43pm CDT
Sweet. :grin:
Re: Transformers Movie Gets 8 Scream Awards Nominations (330330)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on September 7th, 2007 @ 5:47pm CDT
Great! This is all primer for Oscar Night!

How great would it be to see the bots in tuxes holding little gold statues giving out thank you speaches!?!
Re: Transformers Movie Gets 8 Scream Awards Nominations (330338)
Posted by Bumbled on September 7th, 2007 @ 5:50pm CDT
This was all because of Bumblebee... otherwise this wouldn't be happening :lol:
Re: Transformers Movie Gets 8 Scream Awards Nominations (330343)
Posted by i_amtrunks on September 7th, 2007 @ 5:53pm CDT

I have never heard of this award ceremony, is it a relative newcomer? Just seems as though there is a new awards ceremony every other week...
Re: Transformers Movie Gets 8 Scream Awards Nominations (330347)
Posted by Bumbled on September 7th, 2007 @ 5:55pm CDT
i_amtrunks wrote:The "jump from your seat" moment is a bit ambiguous. I would have thought it was more of a horror film jump out your seat in fright kinda thing...
So did I.
Re: Transformers Movie Gets 8 Scream Awards Nominations (330351)
Posted by Phorpus on September 7th, 2007 @ 5:57pm CDT
The whats?
Re: Transformers Movie Gets 8 Scream Awards Nominations (330352)
Posted by mattyc1007 on September 7th, 2007 @ 5:57pm CDT
sigh (spike awards)
Re: Transformers Movie Gets 8 Scream Awards Nominations (330388)
Posted by Hoistimus on September 7th, 2007 @ 6:18pm CDT
voted.
Re: Transformers Movie Gets 8 Scream Awards Nominations (330391)
Posted by SoooTrypticon on September 7th, 2007 @ 6:20pm CDT
Re: Transformers Movie Gets 8 Scream Awards Nominations (330445)
Posted by Great Atlas on September 7th, 2007 @ 7:02pm CDT
I voted
Re: Transformers Movie Gets 8 Scream Awards Nominations (330515)
Posted by Autobot032 on September 7th, 2007 @ 7:43pm CDT
SoooTrypticon wrote:From the station that brought you Stripperella comes an exercise in taste and discretion... I bet TINO gets the Oscar for best adaptation- just so the whole creative team can get laughed off the stage.

I haven't seen you post in at least a couple of weeks...and this is what gets you to crawl out of the woodwork?

*sniffs* Troll, anyone?
Re: Transformers Movie Gets 8 Scream Awards Nominations (330522)
Posted by cor2879 on September 7th, 2007 @ 7:47pm CDT
Re: Transformers Movie Gets 8 Scream Awards Nominations (330542)
Posted by Buttz on September 7th, 2007 @ 8:02pm CDT
yeah i'm sure pompous fool like Michael Bay really cares about the scream awards
Re: Transformers Movie Gets 8 Scream Awards Nominations (330555)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on September 7th, 2007 @ 8:13pm CDT
cor2879 wrote:I voted... but I gotta be honest I voted for 300 over Transformers in a number of categories. Don't get me wrong I loved Transformers but as a movie 300 was a better piece of film, in my humble opinion. I did still vote for TF in a number of categories though. But it would be hard to convince me that Michael Bay is a better director than Zach Snyder.

So I just wanna ask, is the movie all naked guys jumping on eachother, or am I overreacting?

Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with gay, however that doesn't mean I wanna watch it. The Anthony Hopkins version of Titus(another Romeish movie) whould have been one of the best things I ever saw except for the 2 gay brothers(thank god for DVD and quick skips)!
Re: Transformers Movie Gets 8 Scream Awards Nominations (330579)
Posted by Buttz on September 7th, 2007 @ 8:33pm CDT

sounds like someone's in the closet
Re: Transformers Movie Gets 8 Scream Awards Nominations (330595)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on September 7th, 2007 @ 8:46pm CDT
Buttz wrote:

sounds like someone's in the closet

An easy knock, and good for you for catching it!

However I stand by my statment, I don't wanna watch a bunch of naked men jumping on each other.

If you do, well it's good to see your out yourself, I respect your courage!

Wrestling, football, rainbows, and gladiators, it's all for you "BUTTZ", enjoy.

Me, I say make the same movie but with chicks, than I have no doubts!

But I'm sure a sailor of your tastes wouldn't like anything like that :P
Re: Transformers Movie Gets 8 Scream Awards Nominations (330632)
Posted by cor2879 on September 7th, 2007 @ 9:24pm CDT
Liege Evilmus wrote:This is a little off topic, but I'm almost intrested in 300, I can get a copy(none bootleg) cheaper than I can rent it, but I can't get past the galdiator stereotype and the pretty much naked screaming guy on the cover.

The near naked man-ness is throughout the movie. It is hard to watch at points but the sheer intensity of the action makes up for it. Plus there's some really good acting. The reason they did the Spartans in that style is because Frank Miller wanted to be as authentic as possible (in the visualizations), so he drew them the same way they depicted themselves in their own art. I definitely recommend watching it - I personally would consider it the best movie of the year but that's just my opinion : )
Re: Transformers Movie Gets 8 Scream Awards Nominations (330655)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on September 7th, 2007 @ 9:46pm CDT
cor2879 wrote:

So basicly, it's good, watch it, but don't be afraid to maybe cook up a pot of sauce or something that I'll have to get up and stir occasionanly because it has it's moments.

But like pretty much everything Frank Miller does, ya can't go wrong(except DK2, that hurt). Still, he should have stuck with the whore theme like in Sin City.

Is that pretty much it, cause I can live with that.
Re: Transformers Movie Gets 8 Scream Awards Nominations (331068)
Posted by Toyotus Superion on September 8th, 2007 @ 3:17am CDT
Well deserved! Take that Haters and nay-sayers!
Re: Transformers Movie Gets 8 Scream Awards Nominations (331085)
Posted by Kudomus Prime on September 8th, 2007 @ 3:32am CDT
Is this going to appear in Singapore? lol

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #267 - Netflix Earthrise Reviewed
"Netflix Earthrise Reviewed"
Posted: Monday, December 28th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Caliburst & Slugslinger Deluxe Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Triggerhappy Deluxe Hasbro Pre-Owned" on EBAY
Buy "Takaratomy Transformers Legends LG30 Wheelie &Go Shooter Action Figure To..." on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-48 Brawn & Repugnus Robot Figure Toy" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return, SKY SHADOW, Leader Class, Generations" on EBAY