Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-11 Ratchet Revealed with Pre-Order Live

Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-11 Ratchet Revealed with Pre-Order Live

Monday, June 1st, 2020 12:04pm CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: D-Maximal_Primal   Views: 34,833

The Movie Masterpiece line has been moving along at a great pace, giving us around 2 new bots per year and providing some gems of some toys, the newest of which were the Megatron and Jazz of 2019. WEll, 2020 is set to provide some more fantastic figures, as not only do we have Starscream, but now we have our final movie 1 Autobot on the way: Ratchet!

Ratchet was the last of the original 5 Movie Autobots, and his new MPM captures his look from the first movie wonderfully. The figure has all the right pieces in all the right places, and courtesy of an official stop motion video showing off his transformation and accessories, even has the torso twist he had in his first ever transformation! The accessories include his sawblades, his gun for his right arm, and even some flip out forearm guns for the left arm.

Ratchet is currently set to be released in October of this year and will retail for around $119.99 USD. He is currently up for pre-order at Target (which is funny considering they still haven't uploaded their exclusive Starscream pre-orders).

Check out the images of the newest member of the MPM line below as well as the stop motion video, and let us know what you think in the comments section below!

Transformers News: Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-11 Ratchet Discussion Thread

Credit(s): Target.com, 漫港湾 on Weibo

Re: Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-11 Ratchet Revealed with Pre-Order Live (2066047)
Posted by Stormshot_Prime on June 1st, 2020 @ 12:08pm CDT
ELmu7ZNUcAA7DqY.jpg

seriously tho, about time
Re: Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-11 Ratchet Revealed with Pre-Order Live (2066048)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on June 1st, 2020 @ 12:09pm CDT
I am so stoked for this, cannot express how happy I am to have my original 5 Autobots in perfect MPM form!
Re: Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-11 Ratchet Revealed with Pre-Order Live (2066055)
Posted by william-james88 on June 1st, 2020 @ 1:58pm CDT
Re: Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-11 Ratchet Revealed with Pre-Order Live (2066056)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on June 1st, 2020 @ 2:06pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:Werid, why do I feel like it's not at all what I remember him looking like? Maybe it's the poses but I remember him being more on the tall and lean side than wide. Plus not a big fan of that rack kibble on top.

Like this guy?
Transformers Revenge of the Fallen Ratchet Gallery
Re: Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-11 Ratchet Revealed with Pre-Order Live (2066057)
Posted by william-james88 on June 1st, 2020 @ 2:15pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

Like this guy?
Transformers Revenge of the Fallen Ratchet Gallery

No, like the SS figure. He looks overly wide in the shots they chose. Also, I still cant believe that after all these years, they still havent figured out how to hide his head in alt mode. It's still there, at the same damn place.
Re: Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-11 Ratchet Revealed with Pre-Order Live (2066059)
Posted by ZeroWolf on June 1st, 2020 @ 2:35pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

Like this guy?
Transformers Revenge of the Fallen Ratchet Gallery

What do you mean? I can't see his...
*checks first render again*
Oh...

Well that's just awkward.
:lol:

That being said it looks okay, though what's throwing me off is where the sirens end up in bot mode :-? Surely that's mis-transformed?
Re: Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-11 Ratchet Revealed with Pre-Order Live (2066070)
Posted by Rtron on June 1st, 2020 @ 3:01pm CDT
Nope, that's actually where his sirens ended up in bot mode. I do agree he's a bit too chunky, though.
Re: Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-11 Ratchet Revealed with Pre-Order Live (2066072)
Posted by ZeroWolf on June 1st, 2020 @ 3:04pm CDT
Huh well I'll be.
Re: Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-11 Ratchet Revealed with Pre-Order Live (2066075)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on June 1st, 2020 @ 3:17pm CDT
I already shared my thoughts in the other MPM thread, but I think Ratchet looks great! A little bulky, but still great.

I was wondering if those missiles on his one arm show up in the movie (the only other time I remember seeing them was on the Fast Action Battler), but they do! You can see them most prominently in ROTF, though they might show up for a second or two in the 07 movie.
Ratchet Missiles.PNG
Re: Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-11 Ratchet Revealed with Pre-Order Live (2066079)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on June 1st, 2020 @ 3:25pm CDT
Thanks for pointing out those arm cannons!

Although now, I feel bee was slightly shorted, since his shoulder cannons were awesome and showed up prominently in the movie, but were left out. And now the MPMs are including multiple weapons and accessories, and Bee only had his cannon
Re: Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-11 Ratchet Revealed with Pre-Order Live (2066081)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on June 1st, 2020 @ 3:27pm CDT
Lightbar, guys. The siren is what makes the sound. Common mistake :-B

And is it me, or are they compromising with the designs of the larger vehicles?
Re: Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-11 Ratchet Revealed with Pre-Order Live (2066082)
Posted by Bounti76 on June 1st, 2020 @ 3:28pm CDT
Why did it take 13 years to FINALLY get a good Ratchet figure?
Re: Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-11 Ratchet Revealed with Pre-Order Live (2066087)
Posted by DMSL on June 1st, 2020 @ 4:10pm CDT
Re: Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-11 Ratchet Revealed with Pre-Order Live (2066088)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on June 1st, 2020 @ 4:19pm CDT
DMSL wrote:Love it, want it, i only have to get Jazz and Ratchet and i will be happy as that will complete the TF Movie 1 crew. Not 100% happy as Megs is too big.

I don’t think Megatron is too much larger thanProper movie scale would demand.

Ratchet’s looking like Ratchet. You know, I never did get any figures of him when I was collecting movie stuff; the original voyager figure always looked so stupid, and by the time the better deluxe figure came out I just wasn’t getting movie stuff aside from some select ‘cons. But I’m happy to fill out my MPMs, and I hope we get the rest of the Decepticons for the display.
Re: Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-11 Ratchet Revealed with Pre-Order Live (2066098)
Posted by william-james88 on June 1st, 2020 @ 5:30pm CDT
Bounti76 wrote:Why did it take 13 years to FINALLY get a good Ratchet figure?

But it has the same issue as the previous ones. And the studio series toy is a decent enough representation for that scale. Did you think it was bad?
Re: Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-11 Ratchet Revealed with Pre-Order Live (2066105)
Posted by BigMackintosh on June 1st, 2020 @ 6:57pm CDT

Looks about right to me
Re: Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-11 Ratchet Revealed with Pre-Order Live (2066109)
Posted by YRQRM0 on June 1st, 2020 @ 7:13pm CDT
Bounti76 wrote:Why did it take 13 years to FINALLY get a good Ratchet figure?

because movie designs are complicated, and characters like BB, Optimus, Megatron, Starscream and more have been bigger focuses receiving more figures.
Re: Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-11 Ratchet Revealed with Pre-Order Live (2066110)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on June 1st, 2020 @ 7:24pm CDT
While I really like SS Ratchet (one of my favorite deluxes from the line, actually), the MPM really nails the proportions and unique parts of Ratchet's design in a way no other figure has - the angled forearms and hands, the shoulders that sit a little lower, and the pieces that connect from the torso to the shoulders.
Re: Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-11 Ratchet Revealed with Pre-Order Live (2066113)
Posted by TulioDude on June 1st, 2020 @ 8:30pm CDT
Just gonna copy and paste what I said in the other thread
TulioDude wrote:Man,he looks good! :APPLAUSE:

Cons:The robot parts in the underside of the vehicle.
Pros:They managed to integrate the waist spin he does during transformation!

I feel all of the previous Ratchets toys were good.None are perfect,but did what they set out to do.
Re: Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-11 Ratchet Revealed with Pre-Order Live (2066116)
Posted by Bounti76 on June 1st, 2020 @ 9:49pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Bounti76 wrote:Why did it take 13 years to FINALLY get a good Ratchet figure?

No, I like the SS figure well enough, but it felt like there wasn't much difference at all between that one and his previous deluxe figure. Movie 1/2/3 Voyager Ratchet (they really got some mileage out of that one) was too blocky and chunky. His Deluxe figures were too top-heavy design wise. I feel like MPM Ratchet is the first GOOD figure we've gotten that combines both his bulk and his design in the proper proportions.

My only quibbles with this figure are the mismatched paint on the painted translucent plastic for his doors- which isn't so bad in some of these wildly different photos. In some of them he looks neon green, in others, he looks straight up yellow. And, he could have used some silver paint on his face.

But, I stand by what I said.... this is the first GOOD, solid, all around accurately proportioned Ratchet figure we've ever gotten in the movieverse.

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #260 - Pulsecon 2020
"Pulsecon 2020"
Posted: Sunday, September 27th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Lot - Movie Line RID Prime Cybertron Fall Megatron Optimus Steeljaw" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Universe Robots In Disguise: Autobot JAZZ" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise MEGATRON  RID 2001 Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots In Disguise Bisk Figure Hasbro 2015 One Step Changer RID HTF" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Vs GI Joe 9 10 Set IDW 2015 Scioli Metroplex Megatron Optimus Prime" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Beast Wars Transmetals 2 Dragon & RID Megatron DINOBOT Parts Lot." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 35th Special Edition War for Cybertron: Siege Bluestreak Toy Figure" on EBAY
Buy "MEGATRON Transformers Generations Combiner Wars New in Box Sealed 2015 Hasbro" on EBAY