Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade Sighted In Canada

Transformers News: Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade Sighted In Canada

Wednesday, April 18th, 2018 10:18PM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: D-Maximal_Primal   Views: 10,785

Thanks to a heads up from our fellow fans over at Cybertron.ca, we have news that MPM-5 Barricade has made it to Canadian retail!

The figure, spotted by Cybertron.ca member steamwhistle, was found at a Canadian Toys R' Us, and was sold for $119.99 plus, tax, which is around $95 US dollars. With this figure now showing up in Canada, it should not be too long before he starts showing up elsewhere, though with the American Toys R' Us closing down, where that could be is still to be determined.

Movie Masterpiece Barricade has been a figure many were eager to buy, as he is one of the most memorable Decepticons of the live action franchise, he is the first Decepticon movie masterpiece figure in the new line up started by MPM-3 Bumblebee, and he is the first all original Decepticon movie masterpiece, as Starscream was a repainted version of his leader retail toy.

So with the figure out in the wild, begin your hunt, and let us know if you find him, and what you think of him, in the comments section below!

Credit(s): Cybertron.ca
Re: Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade Sighted In Canada (1954043)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on April 18th, 2018 @ 10:22pm CDT
So I got my own MPM-5 today, and I have some thoughts to give you guys.

I do really like him, he is really cool. The bot mode is gorgeous, and I love how movie accurate he is. The moving mouth is a nice touch, and I love his hands, those are my favorite parts of him.

But I do have a slight issue with the shoulders: they do not want to stay up, and keep falling back down into his torso. I have accepted that they will slump, but it's still a tad disappointing. Also, his weapon is dope as hell, but it doesn't like to stay in position too much. I wish it split in half, it would look better.

His transformation is fun, and probably the best of the 3 so far. Alt mode is standard sweetness.

He and Bee are really close in terms of fun and quality to me, hard to really pick which is better. Bee holds together better in bot mode, Barricades transformation is a bit better, and both have awesome car modes. Probably the thing that would put Barry over the top is the face that his is so stable on his feet, and he feels the heaviest of the 2. He ain't going nowhere despite the smallish look of his legs
Re: Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade Sighted In Canada (1954054)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on April 18th, 2018 @ 11:21pm CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:$119.99 plus, tax

well so much for me getting him.
Re: Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade Sighted In Canada (1954062)
Posted by Emerje on April 19th, 2018 @ 12:35am CDT
Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:$119.99 plus, tax

well so much for me getting him.

What's your limit? HLJ has him for pre-order for $77 plus probably another $6 or $7 for the slowest shipping option.

Emerje
Re: Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade Sighted In Canada (1954074)
Posted by Ironhidensh on April 19th, 2018 @ 4:19am CDT
Emerje wrote:
Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:$119.99 plus, tax

well so much for me getting him.

Emerje

Also, I found mine in eBay, sealed, for only $58 shipped.
Re: Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade Sighted In Canada (1954085)
Posted by SpikeyTigertron on April 19th, 2018 @ 6:21am CDT
I'm always paranoid of getting sealed MPs off of Ebay... especially if they ship from China....

I ended up getting mine on TFSource for more than I would have liked to pay. Guess I should have checked HLJ. Has there been any confirmation if the Takara/import versions are *any* different than the Hasbro release?

I thought there was talking of Prime/Bee having darker (lighter?) grey plastic?
Re: Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade Sighted In Canada (1954086)
Posted by william-james88 on April 19th, 2018 @ 6:22am CDT
Emerje wrote:
Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:$119.99 plus, tax

well so much for me getting him.

Emerje

Also, I found mine in eBay, sealed, for only $58 shipped.

Re: Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade Sighted In Canada (1954087)
Posted by SpikeyTigertron on April 19th, 2018 @ 6:25am CDT
On-topic... I'm almost liking the Movie MPs better than the Mainline (G1) MPs... I'm really digging the fine detailing on them (though I'd wish they'd pull a bit more paint detail out). Although Sunstreaker still blows my mind for being able to convert between both lambo modes, and how neatly his backpack fits together.

I do wish Barricades "weapon" mode did something cleaner with the rear window piece. But he's other wise super solid balance wise (more so than Bee) and his range of motion is really fun. Though I am starting to wish more had an ab-crunch.
Re: Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade Sighted In Canada (1954088)
Posted by SpikeyTigertron on April 19th, 2018 @ 6:27am CDT
william-james88 wrote: We are talking different currencies here. Is $77 US plus shipping and import fees to Canada so much better than 120 Canadian? Also iron, are you sure that was not a KO? Sounds like the price those KOs are going for.

That was my main hesitation... ebay was the first place I looked (surprised BBTS didn't get any) though I did recently see a case of Studio series thundercrackers in San Jose, CA.... so I'm going to be a little miffed if Barricade suddenly shows up. Live and learn I guess.
Re: Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade Sighted In Canada (1954089)
Posted by SpikeyTigertron on April 19th, 2018 @ 6:31am CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:But I do have a slight issue with the shoulders: they do not want to stay up, and keep falling back down into his torso. I have accepted that they will slump, but it's still a tad disappointing.

I haven't noticed my shoulders slump, though they will rotate down depending on how I manipulate the arms (strong ratchets/joints). I *think* the door windows/wings can help a little bit, though I wish between that hinge and the collar/neck area... that all could have clipped in or something.
Re: Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade Sighted In Canada (1954102)
Posted by Ironhidensh on April 19th, 2018 @ 7:28am CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Emerje wrote:
Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:$119.99 plus, tax

well so much for me getting him.

Emerje

Also, I found mine in eBay, sealed, for only $58 shipped.

Yeah, it's authentic. Are there even kos of barricade out yet?
Re: Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade Sighted In Canada (1954112)
Posted by william-james88 on April 19th, 2018 @ 8:24am CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Emerje wrote:
Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:$119.99 plus, tax

well so much for me getting him.

Emerje

Also, I found mine in eBay, sealed, for only $58 shipped.

Yeah, it's authentic. Are there even kos of barricade out yet?

They were out right before the official ones were, and were sold online, still are. Do you have a link to the listing you could share?

Here are a few to show:

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Hasbro-Transfor ... Sw72Na1HKk

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Hasbro-Transfor ... Sweq5ayBdp

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Hasbro-Transfor ... SwqaJai-2O

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Hasbro-Transfor ... Sw7p1arnyF

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Hasbro-Transfor ... 0005.m1851
Re: Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade Sighted In Canada (1954127)
Posted by Ironhidensh on April 19th, 2018 @ 9:27am CDT
william-james88 wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Emerje wrote:
Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:$119.99 plus, tax

well so much for me getting him.

Emerje

Also, I found mine in eBay, sealed, for only $58 shipped.

Yeah, it's authentic. Are there even kos of barricade out yet?

Here are a few to show:

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Hasbro-Transfor ... Sw72Na1HKk

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Hasbro-Transfor ... Sweq5ayBdp

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Hasbro-Transfor ... SwqaJai-2O

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Hasbro-Transfor ... Sw7p1arnyF

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Hasbro-Transfor ... 0005.m1851

:oops: :oops: :oops:

No, upon further investigating, I did buy a KO. Damn, I haven't had a fail like that in a long time. Guess I should have known. While it has on issue (the roof doesn't connect properly in alt mode) it seems to be much higher quality than my Bumblebee or Prime MPMs.

Damn, that is embarrassing. Oh well, it works well on display, I just feel like a bit of an idiot.
Re: Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade Sighted In Canada (1954137)
Posted by zhaobinis1 on April 19th, 2018 @ 10:51am CDT
Here is how you can do to get a refund without shipping back the KO figure:

1) When receive your figure, click return.
2) Fill in reason as "KO" or "not authentic".
3) Take pictures of your KO figure. There are 2 places you can easily see that are proves of KO. 3.1) The "POLICE" print was misprinted on the trunk while it should be on the spoiler. This could have been fixed but you will still see marks on trunk. 3.2) In the crotch there are 2 C shaped parts that you won't see the opening, while on official figures you will. Basically KO put these parts on the wrong direction.
5) An Ebay employee will be assigned to your case and usually they will ask you to DESTROY the figure and sign something to prove you did it. Then they will refund you at sellers cost.

I highly recommend you destroy the figure like I did, not keeping it to yourself. KO in my opinion does too much damage to TF collectors community and they should not exist. I am OK with slightly modified/improved KO but a pure bootleg like this should be destroyed and not entering the market to confuse people.

william-james88 wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Emerje wrote:
Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:$119.99 plus, tax

well so much for me getting him.

Emerje

Also, I found mine in eBay, sealed, for only $58 shipped.

Yeah, it's authentic. Are there even kos of barricade out yet?

Here are a few to show:

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Hasbro-Transfor ... Sw72Na1HKk

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Hasbro-Transfor ... Sweq5ayBdp

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Hasbro-Transfor ... SwqaJai-2O

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Hasbro-Transfor ... Sw7p1arnyF

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Hasbro-Transfor ... 0005.m1851

:oops: :oops: :oops:

Re: Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade Sighted In Canada (1954143)
Posted by william-james88 on April 19th, 2018 @ 11:09am CDT
zhaobinis1 wrote:4) Do not ship it back, as it is illegal to ship inauthentic items. Wait a few days and ask Ebay to step in (there is a button for it).

This has me super curious. If its illegal, then how come there are tons of listings, which describe the item to be a KO? Shouldnt E-Bay take them down? I get the idea that shipping an inauthentic product if they advertize it as authentic is illegal, but if they give the customer all the info regarding the legitimacy, does that give them a free pass (from e-bay)?
Re: Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade Sighted In Canada (1954150)
Posted by Ironhidensh on April 19th, 2018 @ 11:19am CDT
zhaobinis1 wrote:Here is how you can do to get a refund without shipping back the KO figure:

1) When receive your figure, click return.
2) Fill in reason as "KO" or "not authentic".

william-james88 wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Emerje wrote:
Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:$119.99 plus, tax

well so much for me getting him.

Emerje

Also, I found mine in eBay, sealed, for only $58 shipped.

Yeah, it's authentic. Are there even kos of barricade out yet?

Here are a few to show:

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Hasbro-Transfor ... Sw72Na1HKk

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Hasbro-Transfor ... Sweq5ayBdp

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Hasbro-Transfor ... SwqaJai-2O

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Hasbro-Transfor ... Sw7p1arnyF

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Hasbro-Transfor ... 0005.m1851

:oops: :oops: :oops:

Seller did nothing wrong. He had it listed as a KO. I'm the idiot that missed it. It was a noob mistake, one I thought myself long since passed.
Re: Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade Sighted In Canada (1954151)
Posted by Ironhidensh on April 19th, 2018 @ 11:20am CDT
william-james88 wrote:

Yes, as long as it is listed as a KO, it's all good.
Re: Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade Sighted In Canada (1954159)
Posted by zhaobinis1 on April 19th, 2018 @ 11:45am CDT
william-james88 wrote:

That I am not sure. The one I bought did not say KO. It might even related to where you ship from.
Re: Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade Sighted In Canada (1954268)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on April 19th, 2018 @ 4:39pm CDT

1) When receive your figure, click return.
2) Fill in reason as "KO" or "not authentic".

Thank you for this list and the directions. The one I got was not labeled a KO anywhere, and the listing said "authentic." And I checked, and mine has the signs of the KO. So now I am super pissed at this seller, he is about to hear from me, and I am very loud
Re: Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade Sighted In Canada (1954278)
Posted by william-james88 on April 19th, 2018 @ 5:14pm CDT
Can you show us your listing and seller DMax, to show us who to avoid.
Re: Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade Sighted In Canada (1954327)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on April 19th, 2018 @ 10:09pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:Can you show us your listing and seller DMax, to show us who to avoid.

This seller: https://www.ebay.com/usr/zhoooliming?_t ... 7675.l2559

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 01 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #209 - Under Siege
"Under Siege"
Posted: Sunday, October 7th, 2018

Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS COMBINER WARS HASBRO 2015 DECEPTICON COMBATICONS BRAWL" on EBAY
Buy "Skywarp Thrilling 30 100% Complete Deluxe Generations Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Waspinator Thrilling 30 100% Complete Deluxe Generations Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Orion Pax Thrilling 30 100% Complete Deluxe Generations Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Sideswipe FOC 100% Complete Deluxe Generations Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Vortex FOC Sealed MISB MOSC Deluxe Generations Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Optimus Prime Roller Thrilling 30 Complete Legends Generations Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Grimlock FOC 100% Complete Voyager Generations Transformers" on EBAY