Transformers Movie Score Debuts on the USA Billboard Charts

Transformers Movie Score Debuts on the USA Billboard Charts

Thursday, October 18th, 2007 6:30pm CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Digital Media News
Posted by: i_amtrunks   Views: 12,258

The Transformers Movie Score has debuted in the American Billboard Charts at position #172.

The Transformers Movie Score has also reached spot #13 on the Soundtrack Billboard Charts.

All this with a reported 4,300 sales according to MTV.com.

Not a bad effort considering the limited store release!

Credit(s): billboard.biz, mtv.com, tfw2005

Re: Transformers Movie Score Debuts on the USA Billboard Charts (409271)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on October 18th, 2007 @ 6:35pm CDT

What I'd realy love though is a Sounds of BumbleBee disc with all the songs he used!
Re: Transformers Movie Score Debuts on the USA Billboard Charts (409319)
Posted by i_amtrunks on October 18th, 2007 @ 7:03pm CDT
Liege Evilmus wrote:Thats impressive. I'm actualy suprized that it made the chart. It was a good soundtrack, but I didn't think it'd do this well.

What I'd really love though is a Sounds of BumbleBee disc with all the songs he used!

I know I'd buy that, my gf would buy that for herself, and her friends would too. I'm sure alot of people who did not buy either the OST or Score would buy it as well.
Re: Transformers Movie Score Debuts on the USA Billboard Charts (409323)
Posted by First-Aid on October 18th, 2007 @ 7:06pm CDT
i_amtrunks wrote:

I'll throw in a vote for that myself...it's a great idea! I'm still trying to find the score here locally. Can we upload it from iTunes?
Re: Transformers Movie Score Debuts on the USA Billboard Charts (409389)
Posted by Darth Bombshell on October 18th, 2007 @ 7:54pm CDT
i_amtrunks wrote:Not a bad effort considering the limited store release!

Yeah, I suspect it would have done tons better had it gotten a wider release, especially in Canada.[/Still Harping On That]
Re: Transformers Movie Score Debuts on the USA Billboard Charts (409393)
Posted by i_amtrunks on October 18th, 2007 @ 7:55pm CDT
Darth Bombshell wrote:
i_amtrunks wrote:Not a bad effort considering the limited store release!

We noticed! :P

Re: Transformers Movie Score Debuts on the USA Billboard Charts (409408)
Posted by jgilkinson on October 18th, 2007 @ 8:07pm CDT
cool deal :)
Re: Transformers Movie Score Debuts on the USA Billboard Charts (409427)
Posted by Darth Bombshell on October 18th, 2007 @ 8:26pm CDT
i_amtrunks wrote:I think it's a USA exclusive at present, as I have heard no sight nor sound of its release anywhere else in the world.

Didn't it get released in Europe?
Re: Transformers Movie Score Debuts on the USA Billboard Charts (409473)
Posted by Tigertrack on October 18th, 2007 @ 8:56pm CDT
I have yet to see it in the US at Target, Walmart or Best Buy. I assume it is on Amazon, but I haven't looked yet. I wanted to see it brick and mortar, but all I've seen is the 86 movie and the regular movie 'pop' soundtrack.

Bumblebee's tunes would be cool though.
Re: Transformers Movie Score Debuts on the USA Billboard Charts (409479)
Posted by i_amtrunks on October 18th, 2007 @ 9:05pm CDT
Darth Bombshell wrote:

Didn't it get released in Europe?

If it did I have not read anything about it, no reviews, listings etc.
Re: Transformers Movie Score Debuts on the USA Billboard Charts (409575)
Posted by ondi on October 18th, 2007 @ 10:14pm CDT
Re: Transformers Movie Score Debuts on the USA Billboard Charts (409652)
Posted by i_amtrunks on October 18th, 2007 @ 10:49pm CDT
ondi wrote:Well in Australia we usually get the same stuff as Europe. The only way we can get it here is through the Big W online store where they order is specifically from the US. I think its priced around $38 Aus. As far as I know it is unavailable otherwise. (great idea on the Bumble Tunes by the way!) I orders my copy of the soundtrack via amazon (hope its gets here soon!!!)

Re: Transformers Movie Score Debuts on the USA Billboard Charts (409660)
Posted by ondi on October 18th, 2007 @ 10:53pm CDT
Other Aussies have already gotten theirs from Amazon, so hopefully it wont be long for you either.[/quote]

I can only Hope!!
Re: Transformers Movie Score Debuts on the USA Billboard Charts (409722)
Posted by TheKnightShift on October 18th, 2007 @ 11:51pm CDT
Just posted it on my blog with a holler out to Seibertron.com :grin:

I've heard over the past few days that the suits at Warners are still very excited about how much the CD is selling. Hopefully they will act accordingly and start getting this out to more stores. Like, a lot more :P
Re: Transformers Movie Score Debuts on the USA Billboard Charts (409772)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on October 19th, 2007 @ 12:44am CDT
I'ma order it next week, lol.
Re: Transformers Movie Score Debuts on the USA Billboard Charts (410379)
Posted by ErrantTransformation on October 19th, 2007 @ 10:54am CDT
That number should've been better if only some morons along the supply chain weren't there. I already know of several people who gave up looking and just downloaded it off some bittorrent. Really a big shame.
Re: Transformers Movie Score Debuts on the USA Billboard Charts (410564)
Posted by CInemastique on October 19th, 2007 @ 12:21pm CDT
There's a lot of bootlegging going on, too... In this case, I'd never download it questionably due to the effort that was put into putting it out in the first place. These sales need to send the studios a message: WE STILL WANT FILM SCORES.

Unfortunately, they need to do a better job releasing it. Pretty bad when people are getting music the wrong way not because they're cheap, but because it's the only way to realistically obtain it. Let's hope it's not a problem we'll see too often.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Megatron and Doomshot" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #273 - Our Way to Oblivion
"Our Way to Oblivion"
Posted: Tuesday, April 6th, 2021

Buy "The Transformers G1 Poster Soundwave VS Blaster Art Print Rare Tim Doyle mondo" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Wreck-Gar" on EBAY
Buy "Attacktix Battle Figure Game Transformers Star Wars Optimus Prime Darth Vader" on EBAY
Buy "BATTLETRAP - BATTLESLASH & ROADTRAP Transformers Generations Power of the Primes" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cybertron Voyager Vector Prime Safeguard Loose Missing Key" on EBAY
Buy "2021 Transformers War For Cybertron Netflix Soundwave NEW MISB WFC *RELISTING*" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Toyworld Dinobots Grimlock Slag Sludge Snarl Swoop" on EBAY