Transformers News: Transformers Movie Trilogy Series Deluxe Optimus Prime with Trailer In-Hand Images

Saturday, December 31st, 2011 2:46pm CST

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 152,056

In-hand images of the Deluxe Optimus Prime with Trailer from the forthcoming Transformers Movie Trilogy Series have been posted by TFW2005's Soundwavedotm. We've mirrored a few of the images below, click here to view the full set. We posted in-package images of this set last week, click here to view those. According to Soundwavedotm he comes with no MechTech weapon.

Credit(s): TFW2005 member Soundwavedotm

This article was last modified on Saturday, December 31st, 2011 2:54pm CST

Re: Transformers Movie Trilogy Series Deluxe Optimus Prime with Trailer In-Hand Images (1329141)
Posted by BeastProwl on December 31st, 2011 @ 3:08pm CST
LOL In scale with megatron, and NOTHING else.
Re: Transformers Movie Trilogy Series Deluxe Optimus Prime with Trailer In-Hand Images (1329147)
Posted by Burn on December 31st, 2011 @ 3:42pm CST
So the trailer only folds on one side?

Oh well, kinda glad I didn't pick up little ugly Optimus Prime on his own, will just wait to get this version.
Re: Transformers Movie Trilogy Series Deluxe Optimus Prime with Trailer In-Hand Images (1329148)
Posted by necr0blivion on December 31st, 2011 @ 3:43pm CST
BeastProwl wrote:LOL In scale with megatron, and NOTHING else.

I'd say it's most definitely in scale with what I would want to spend on it, compared to the Japanese collection release.

Other than that, yay for a trailer!
Re: Transformers Movie Trilogy Series Deluxe Optimus Prime with Trailer In-Hand Images (1329150)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on December 31st, 2011 @ 3:45pm CST
BeastProwl wrote:LOL In scale with megatron, and NOTHING else.

That's all that matters. :P

When will this be available in stores?
Re: Transformers Movie Trilogy Series Deluxe Optimus Prime with Trailer In-Hand Images (1329181)
Posted by BIGGUY007 on December 31st, 2011 @ 5:26pm CST
Not digging the way the trailer open up like that, but I MIGHT get it.

:BOT: :CON:
Re: Transformers Movie Trilogy Series Deluxe Optimus Prime with Trailer In-Hand Images (1329204)
Posted by BATTOUSAIXD on December 31st, 2011 @ 6:57pm CST
I'll definitely have to get this!
Re: Transformers Movie Trilogy Series Deluxe Optimus Prime with Trailer In-Hand Images (1329222)
Posted by Noideaforaname on December 31st, 2011 @ 8:33pm CST
Wish the trailer did more than just... open.

BeastProwl wrote:LOL In scale with megatron, and NOTHING else.

He's actually close in scale with Deluxe Bonecrusher, too.
The cars would have to be ~Legends-sized. Wonder how many of those fit in the trailer?
Re: Transformers Movie Trilogy Series Deluxe Optimus Prime with Trailer In-Hand Images (1329227)
Posted by gavinfuzzy on December 31st, 2011 @ 8:48pm CST
This may be the 1st TF i permanently leave in alt mode :D . Then i ask myself why didn't I buy the Tomica die-cast prime instead :lol:
Re: Transformers Movie Trilogy Series Deluxe Optimus Prime with Trailer In-Hand Images (1329230)
Posted by dinogeist on December 31st, 2011 @ 9:10pm CST
BeastProwl wrote:LOL In scale with megatron, and NOTHING else.

IMHO,I don't see this. In their vechicle modes Megatron's truck mode isn't even the height nor lenght of the trailer.
In robot mode,megatron is voyager size,while optimus is a small sized deluxe robot mode.
Re: Transformers Movie Trilogy Series Deluxe Optimus Prime with Trailer In-Hand Images (1329233)
Posted by Quaternion on December 31st, 2011 @ 9:27pm CST
would that trailer work with classics prime?
Re: Transformers Movie Trilogy Series Deluxe Optimus Prime with Trailer In-Hand Images (1329236)
Posted by Flashwave on December 31st, 2011 @ 10:16pm CST
Quaternion wrote:would that trailer work with classics prime?

No. In the shot with the trailer on its side, you see the hitch peg on it, that would fit into a hole on Prime's leg(s). Classics OP has a square peg on him, that a square hithch hole fits around (The way City Commander does)

It's concieva ble you could clamp the legs and dremel yourself a hole, in which case the question becomes wherehter or not the trailer has a tall enough wheelbase for Classics OP to fit under, but I think it doesn't.
Re: Transformers Movie Trilogy Series Deluxe Optimus Prime with Trailer In-Hand Images (1329325)
Posted by xtsaur on January 1st, 2012 @ 6:47am CST
Actually this Deluxe Prime is a decent scale with a couple figs i own. Voyager Shockwave, Megatron, and Sentinel Prime (I imagine deluxe bonecrusher might work as well). I wish they would make the cars in the movieverse a scout size as I think it would be a close scale for these guys too. Legends cars too smale and the deluxe cars are too big. I really do wish Hasbro would release a scale line of movie figs. Scale is important to me and i have about 8 different scale sizes of figs... none of which contain the entire cast.. not even close. Even the HA line which i was so thankful for (thinking that it forced Hasbro to sorta keep in scale has been a victim... it looks like HA Soundwave will be too small for his counterparts of the same line). =( i am sure its difficult for Hasbro to due this due to Transformations and such... but i sure do wish they would try. Heck alot of Transformers arent even in scale with themselves.... very unfortunate.

PS - The worst part about this is that my Devastator is the tiniest Transformer i own..... how did that happen????
Re: Transformers Movie Trilogy Series Deluxe Optimus Prime with Trailer In-Hand Images (1329336)
Posted by amtm on January 1st, 2012 @ 7:38am CST
Re: Transformers Movie Trilogy Series Deluxe Optimus Prime with Trailer In-Hand Images (1329420)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on January 1st, 2012 @ 11:43am CST
Quaternion wrote:would that trailer work with classics prime?

That's what this bad boy is for.
Re: Transformers Movie Trilogy Series Deluxe Optimus Prime with Trailer In-Hand Images (1329428)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on January 1st, 2012 @ 12:14pm CST
amtm wrote:Ok, first they waste the opportunity of "ultimate" Optimus Prime by making the trailer turn into butterfly wings. And now this? What a waste. Initially I said I'd buy it right away, but seeing this I'm starting to think I'll be better off fabricating my own, no matter how much of a pain it is.

There's still the Voyager edition with a modified Prime without all the spacy features. Costs an arm and a leg though.
Re: Transformers Movie Trilogy Series Deluxe Optimus Prime with Trailer In-Hand Images (1329518)
Posted by Flashwave on January 1st, 2012 @ 5:17pm CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

Which one is this?
Re: Transformers Movie Trilogy Series Deluxe Optimus Prime with Trailer In-Hand Images (1329524)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on January 1st, 2012 @ 5:34pm CST
Flashwave wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

Which one is this?

Optimus Prime with MechTech Trailer Gallery

For now, Japan only.
Re: Transformers Movie Trilogy Series Deluxe Optimus Prime with Trailer In-Hand Images (1329527)
Posted by DISCHARGE on January 1st, 2012 @ 5:53pm CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Flashwave wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

Which one is this?

Optimus Prime with MechTech Trailer Gallery

For now, Japan only.

It's a shame the Hasbro deluxe trailer is nowhere as good as the Takara Voyager one. Big difference.

Image Image
Re: Transformers Movie Trilogy Series Deluxe Optimus Prime with Trailer In-Hand Images (1329529)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on January 1st, 2012 @ 5:57pm CST
Re: Transformers Movie Trilogy Series Deluxe Optimus Prime with Trailer In-Hand Images (1329544)
Posted by DISCHARGE on January 1st, 2012 @ 6:53pm CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:You may want to look at TF Chronicles Optimus Prime: Deluxe Movie Prime + Trailer + Weapon + G1 Prime reissue.

That's the same trailer as the Hasbro deluxe. I would have liked them to stick the Mechtech ports all over the deluxe version like the voy has. Would at least give the deluxe trailer more purpose and play value. I would have to have one in hand In guess to see what it could really do.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #238 - The Podcast That Leapt Through Time
"The Podcast That Leapt Through Time"
Posted: Sunday, January 12th, 2020

Buy "New KB11 Transformers Alternity A-02 Nissan Fair Lady Z/Megatron Diamond Black" on EBAY
Buy "Jada Optimus Prime Western Star 5700 XE Phantom Transformers 98403 1/24" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Deluxe Class IDW HOIST MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 30th Generations Sandstorm Voyager Class NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Hazard & Blitzwing New Sealed 2016 Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Go! Arms Micron Figure: Gan" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 2018 SDCC Exclusive Bumblebee Vol 2 Generations Incomplete NO TAPES" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 2018 SDCC Exclusive Bumblebee Vol 1 Generations Incomplete NO TAPES" on EBAY