Transformers Movie Trilogy Series Optimus Prime with Trailer Sighted at Retail

Transformers Movie Trilogy Series Optimus Prime with Trailer Sighted at Retail

Thursday, February 16th, 2012 8:14am CST

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 65,448

Credit(s): The Allspark's Treadshot 2.0

This article was last modified on Thursday, February 16th, 2012 11:54am CST

Re: Transformers Movie Trilogy Series Optimus Prime with Trailer Sighted at Retail (1347996)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on February 16th, 2012 @ 8:32am CST
What I'd like to know is, does he come with a weapon or not? I could care less about Chronicles G1 Prime, so I'm curious.
Re: Transformers Movie Trilogy Series Optimus Prime with Trailer Sighted at Retail (1347998)
Posted by joevill on February 16th, 2012 @ 8:38am CST
Re: Transformers Movie Trilogy Series Optimus Prime with Trailer Sighted at Retail (1348000)
Posted by griftimus prime on February 16th, 2012 @ 8:44am CST
only reason i could think of to buy it is to sell it later in 10 or 20 years
Re: Transformers Movie Trilogy Series Optimus Prime with Trailer Sighted at Retail (1348020)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on February 16th, 2012 @ 9:34am CST
So this is just the trailer and not like SDCC Ultimate Prime? :VEHI:
Re: Transformers Movie Trilogy Series Optimus Prime with Trailer Sighted at Retail (1348023)
Posted by GuyIncognito on February 16th, 2012 @ 9:37am CST
joevill wrote:$30 ? Really? Wow! I may just get the deluxe figure by itself because I cannot see myself paying an extra $20 for a trailer which will just be put away and not displayed.

Here's a crazy idea. You might want to sit down for this. What if... you bought the cab AND the trailer... and you... (wait for it)... DIDN'T put the trailer away, but instead... DISPLAYED IT?!? :shock: Did I just blow your mind?

Maybe it's just me, but I think any TF display is improved by the presence of an OP trailer.

Nemesis Destron wrote:So this is just the trailer and not like SDCC Ultimate Prime? :VEHI:

El Duque wrote:The set is composed of the DOTM Deluxe Optimus Prime with Takara's Chronicle Edition trailer, and was priced at $30.00.
Re: Transformers Movie Trilogy Series Optimus Prime with Trailer Sighted at Retail (1348028)
Posted by Erailea on February 16th, 2012 @ 9:44am CST
Kind of off topic a wee bit, do you guys think it's worth getting this or saving up and getting the Optimus Chronicle's bundle?
Re: Transformers Movie Trilogy Series Optimus Prime with Trailer Sighted at Retail (1348035)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on February 16th, 2012 @ 9:50am CST

You're not getting it:

Walmart Deluxe Optimus Prime + Chronicles Trailer

That's all there is to it.
Re: Transformers Movie Trilogy Series Optimus Prime with Trailer Sighted at Retail (1348042)
Posted by joevill on February 16th, 2012 @ 10:00am CST
GuyIncognito wrote:

:BOWDOWN: Since my space is limited I think I am going to pass this up. Thanks for the advice though. :BOWDOWN:
Re: Transformers Movie Trilogy Series Optimus Prime with Trailer Sighted at Retail (1348044)
Posted by DISCHARGE on February 16th, 2012 @ 10:04am CST
So, this comes with wheels? How much does this costs? Will we get this in the U.S.?

Uuugh, so confusing.
Re: Transformers Movie Trilogy Series Optimus Prime with Trailer Sighted at Retail (1348051)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on February 16th, 2012 @ 10:19am CST
You have got to be kidding me... #-o

El Duque wrote:Good news for those of you who have been patiently awaiting the release of Hasbro's Transformers Movie Trilogy Series Deluxe Optimus Prime with Trailer, it's been sighted at US retail! The set was sighted at a Target in Sacramento, California by Allspark member Treadshot 2.0. The set is composed of the DOTM Deluxe Optimus Prime with Takara's Chronicle Edition trailer, and was priced at $30.00.
Re: Transformers Movie Trilogy Series Optimus Prime with Trailer Sighted at Retail (1348057)
Posted by DISCHARGE on February 16th, 2012 @ 10:27am CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:You have got to be kidding me... #-o

You know I was being sarcastic, right?
Re: Transformers Movie Trilogy Series Optimus Prime with Trailer Sighted at Retail (1348061)
Posted by Period on February 16th, 2012 @ 10:34am CST
Nothing like a little bit of sarcasm to brighten the day...
Re: Transformers Movie Trilogy Series Optimus Prime with Trailer Sighted at Retail (1348072)
Posted by GuyIncognito on February 16th, 2012 @ 10:51am CST
Cool! When are the rest of the DOTM and Trilogy figures coming out in the U.S.?

[/sarcasm] ;)
Re: Transformers Movie Trilogy Series Optimus Prime with Trailer Sighted at Retail (1348077)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on February 16th, 2012 @ 10:56am CST
DISCHARGE wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:You have got to be kidding me... #-o

You know I was being sarcastic, right?

Actually I didn't. Not without a smiley.
Re: Transformers Movie Trilogy Series Optimus Prime with Trailer Sighted at Retail (1348088)
Posted by DISCHARGE on February 16th, 2012 @ 11:24am CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
DISCHARGE wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:You have got to be kidding me... #-o

You know I was being sarcastic, right?

Actually I didn't. Not without a smiley.

I did ask if the thing came with wheels. :P
Re: Transformers Movie Trilogy Series Optimus Prime with Trailer Sighted at Retail (1348104)
Posted by Hip-Hoptimus Rime on February 16th, 2012 @ 11:58am CST
An extra $20 is more than I was hoping to spend for the trailer. I'm hoping they go on sale quickly, I'll buy it for 20 or 25.

FWIW the cab has slightly different colors and paint apps from the original Walmart Deluxe OP.
Re: Transformers Movie Trilogy Series Optimus Prime with Trailer Sighted at Retail (1348118)
Posted by Swiftknife24 on February 16th, 2012 @ 12:17pm CST
For one who can't get any Deluxe Optimus here in the UK, it does look quite cool!

I was aiming to get the Chronicle sets so I can have a G1 Optimus & Megatron, but looking at eBay, I don't think I'll bother! XD

Hopefully Toys 'R' Us or someplace will do the usual thing and import 'US-exclusive' stuff, not realising the significance of it (hey, they've done it before with Star Wars and Transformers)!
Re: Transformers Movie Trilogy Series Optimus Prime with Trailer Sighted at Retail (1348172)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on February 16th, 2012 @ 1:50pm CST
$30 yeah ill pass, as much as id like to get one just to keep in the box and sell off in a few years i dont need this overpriced thing clogging precious shelf or closet space. If the Prime itself were better than id think about it but the deluxe prime is just so bad its not worth it. Only way id buy deluxe prime is if it were on clearance for $3 just for parts.
Re: Transformers Movie Trilogy Series Optimus Prime with Trailer Sighted at Retail (1348194)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on February 16th, 2012 @ 2:35pm CST
i am getting just for the trailer. and i dont have a deluxe prime yet from DOTM. i thought this was not coming to the US?
Re: Transformers Movie Trilogy Series Optimus Prime with Trailer Sighted at Retail (1348199)
Posted by kirbenvost on February 16th, 2012 @ 2:38pm CST
lol, so many people complaining about the price. That's the price of a Voyager in Canada! Looks like a Voyager's worth of plastic to me. If I was into this deluxe Prime mold I'd be interested but he's too out of scale.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #267 - Netflix Earthrise Reviewed
"Netflix Earthrise Reviewed"
Posted: Monday, December 28th, 2020

Buy "Transformers IF EX-26R Racing Bros. Retrograde (Runabout)(Runamuck)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers HUB Dark Of The Moon Cyberverse: MEGATRON (Unopened) Series 1 003" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Kingdom War For Cybertron Trilogy LEADER CLASS OPTIMUS PRIME NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers IRONWORKS Earthrise War for Cybertron Trilogy Hasbro brand new" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robot Academy Medix the Doc-Bot Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Quintesson Judge Allicon Sharkticon Lot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Scorponok 21 in Action Figure - WFC-E25" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers War for Cybertron: Earthrise  - Ironworks Action Figure" on EBAY