Transformers News: Transformers MP-51 Arcee Images from Wonder Festival 2020 and $145 Price Revealed

Saturday, February 8th, 2020 8:34pm CST

Categories: Toy News, Event News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 18,846

Wonder Festival 2020 is now underway in Japan with the displays finalized and images coming in from various twitter accounts and websites, like Dengeki Hobby. Below you can see Takara Tomy's Transformers Masterpiece MP-51 Arcee in her full glory. However, she appears to be mistransformed. It would explain why her chest area is not propped up properly, which also hides detail from her robot's abdominal area. The price is revealed on a tag next to her and it is 16000 yen, so around $145 USD. Since this does not appear to be an exclusive item, it will most probably be available at a 20-30% discount from Japanese retailers.

Let us know what you think of her and if you will be preordering her or not when the time comes.

Credit(s): @TF_pr, @is42731, @Chohenken on Twitter and dengeki hobby

This article was last modified on Saturday, February 8th, 2020 9:59pm CST

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Transformers MP-51 Arcee Images from Wonder Festival 2020 and $145 Price Revealed (2051727)
Posted by Drift082111 on February 8th, 2020 @ 8:59pm CST
Arcee looks great. I wonder if Blurr won't be too far along. I imagine it's easier to create the G1 season 3-4 bots/cons as part of the MP line since many of them had futuristic alt modes that don't require licensing.
Re: Transformers MP-51 Arcee Images from Wonder Festival 2020 and $145 Price Revealed (2051739)
Posted by omega666 on February 8th, 2020 @ 11:27pm CST
Wow! These MP prices are getting insane. Easy pass.
Re: Transformers MP-51 Arcee Images from Wonder Festival 2020 and $145 Price Revealed (2051744)
Posted by frogbat on February 9th, 2020 @ 2:01am CST
This is a tough one... my last 3 mps all had pieces break (tiny pieces that don’t make much of a diff). They’re so complicated I’m scared to ever transform them. The prices have sky rocketed. Might try and stretch for this.... but justifying an mp acquisition is getting harder.

Funny how they used two Tr figures and older springer in the display. Still would prefer them finish off the ark crew....
Re: Transformers MP-51 Arcee Images from Wonder Festival 2020 and $145 Price Revealed (2051751)
Posted by Cyberpath on February 9th, 2020 @ 3:43am CST
DigiBash / PhotoShop by @ikkilo --

Image Image

Re: Transformers MP-51 Arcee Images from Wonder Festival 2020 and $145 Price Revealed (2051764)
Posted by Ironhidensh on February 9th, 2020 @ 6:13am CST
Considering all the 3rd party figures have handled the backpack much better (though this one does fall into the current cartoon accuracy aesthetic much better), and are all about 40 to 50 bucks cheaper, this is an extremely easy pass.
Re: Transformers MP-51 Arcee Images from Wonder Festival 2020 and $145 Price Revealed (2051770)
Posted by BumbleDouche on February 9th, 2020 @ 8:07am CST

Aside from that, the only other thing that really stands out for me is that backpack. Since it's one of Arcee's defining characteristics, it makes obvious sense to include it here. However, it does make me wonder just how top-heavy this will make her. I guess we'll have to wait for in-hand reports to see whether or not this will cause any robot mode stability issues...?
Re: Transformers MP-51 Arcee Images from Wonder Festival 2020 and $145 Price Revealed (2051774)
Posted by Cyberpath on February 9th, 2020 @ 9:00am CST
BumbleDouche wrote:I can't help but feel that they've got the robot mode mistransformed. The chest plate looks like it should be sitting higher up, covering more of that white "collar." Sliding that panel upwards might also help to flatten out & lift those overly pointy, somewhat low-sitting robo-boobs (assuming there's a joint there - I can't see clearly enough to say one way or another).

Side profile:

Arcee didn't actually have a backpack, just those shoulder pieces. But it's understandable why the toy would considering she didn't really have visible car parts either, I guess.
It's curious that she's posed with a stand though.

I don't think the chest is mistransformed, see how the white stripe lines up with the rib-cage area in this picture.

For now it's a no from me. I'm done pre-ordering MPs for the foreseeable future.
Re: Transformers MP-51 Arcee Images from Wonder Festival 2020 and $145 Price Revealed (2051791)
Posted by Kyleor on February 9th, 2020 @ 11:25am CST
Meh. Having Legends Deluxe Arcee makes this MP an easy pass.
Re: Transformers MP-51 Arcee Images from Wonder Festival 2020 and $145 Price Revealed (2051807)
Posted by BumbleDouche on February 9th, 2020 @ 12:31pm CST
Hmmm, I'm afraid you may be right. As you pointed out, the continuity of that white stripe (especially when viewed from the side) suggests that Arcee might be on display exactly as Takara intended. If that turns out to be the case, this figure will be an easy pass for me. The weird, angular & pointy Lara Croft-esque boobs coupled with the granny-like low position of those boobs are seriously unappealing, to say the least.
Re: Transformers MP-51 Arcee Images from Wonder Festival 2020 and $145 Price Revealed (2051808)
Posted by AllNewSuperRobot on February 9th, 2020 @ 12:53pm CST

*None of the other Movie characters really have all that much potential for mold reuse/retooling:

Arcee - Elita-1, Nightbird, Chromia, Nautica, Lancer
Galvatron - Grey or Purple
Kup - Electro/n
Blurr - N/A
Wheelie - Dion
Cyclonus - Strafe, Ferak
Scourge - Sweeps
Wreck-Gar - Scrapheap
Re: Transformers MP-51 Arcee Images from Wonder Festival 2020 and $145 Price Revealed (2051811)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on February 9th, 2020 @ 1:08pm CST
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:My cynicism tells me MP Arcee is only here because it is an easy mold for Redecos* and because Fembots haven't been as popular as they are right now.

Arcee - Elita-1, Nightbird, Chromia, Nautica, Lancer
Galvatron - Grey or Purple
Kup - Electro/n
Blurr - N/A
Wheelie - Dion
Cyclonus - Strafe, Ferak
Scourge - Sweeps
Wreck-Gar - Scrapheap

Masterpiece is not Generations quite yet when it comes to "cheapening out" on redeco characters. Hell, outside of MP-10 they've been quite conservative, with normally only 1 pretool and a possible later + release each.
Re: Transformers MP-51 Arcee Images from Wonder Festival 2020 and $145 Price Revealed (2051812)
Posted by AllNewSuperRobot on February 9th, 2020 @ 1:11pm CST
True. But Arcee is the first one to potentially open that gate. As I said, Fembots are 'in' right now, HasTak wouldn't want to pass up any opportunity to capitalise on that.

Also forgot Springer on my list of Movie characters #-o
Re: Transformers MP-51 Arcee Images from Wonder Festival 2020 and $145 Price Revealed (2051816)
Posted by Tuned Agent on February 9th, 2020 @ 2:13pm CST
From the looks of it, there is no way this figure can stand upright. Virtually all of Arcee's vehicle mode ends up on her back, and her tiny feet have no heel spurs. The fact that the display figure needed support isn't encouraging. I don't collect MPs, but for those who do, I hope Arcee comes with a stand.
Re: Transformers MP-51 Arcee Images from Wonder Festival 2020 and $145 Price Revealed (2051871)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on February 10th, 2020 @ 1:57am CST
Yeah, my impression also is that she's way too top-heavy, hence not being displayed standing freely. I do like how she looks color-wise, it's more accurate than the T30 version, but I also think the chest section should have been done better. At that price, it's an easy pass for me as well, I wouldn't put more than $60-$70 up for her.
Re: Transformers MP-51 Arcee Images from Wonder Festival 2020 and $145 Price Revealed (2051873)
Posted by Emerje on February 10th, 2020 @ 2:30am CST

I look at her and my only real thought is, "well, her backpack certainly is better than Hot Rod's."

That and I really need to get around to buying Ultra Magnus.

Emerje
Re: Transformers MP-51 Arcee Images from Wonder Festival 2020 and $145 Price Revealed (2051923)
Posted by ScottyP on February 10th, 2020 @ 2:45pm CST
Emerje wrote:I don't think it's fair to judge just yet, she's a long ways from being a finished product. She isn't even at the gray model stage yet, this is more like something they 3D printed and hand painted. There's a lot of imperfections in the plastic and parts just barely clinging on. There's still room for improvements.
I hope so but have been burned before on that hope. She doesn't look great in a few key areas right now. Outside of the car mode this doesn't look any better than the MMC one I picked up last year.
Re: Transformers MP-51 Arcee Images from Wonder Festival 2020 and $145 Price Revealed (2051929)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on February 10th, 2020 @ 3:12pm CST
ScottyP wrote:

To be fair, it was pointed out that her chest is mistransformed, beyond that, I got nothin'
Re: Transformers MP-51 Arcee Images from Wonder Festival 2020 and $145 Price Revealed (2051938)
Posted by Tuned Agent on February 10th, 2020 @ 4:17pm CST
Hellscream9999 wrote:
ScottyP wrote:

I agree that her plastic looks sub-par and will surely be better on the actual release, but is the figure's design likely to really change between now and production? I would doubt it, as Takara probably wouldn't make such a big reveal for a figure who's design isn't pretty much finalized (barring tweaks that would come with further testing, etc.). Building off your observation though, since this looks like a rough plastic prototype, could the eventual addition of some die-cast parts help to balance her a bit?

I'm also pretty sure she's transformed correctly. Otherwise, the white stripe on her chestplate and ribcage wouldn't line up, and molded detailing on her collar would get covered up.

This said, I don't want to sound like I'm hating on the figure, I think it look pretty good overall. I'm just concerned about her stability.

Another observation, she seems to have a pin for a hinge on the back of her head. Can the top of her head open to flip out a visor, perhaps? Or could this just be for face-swapping?
Re: Transformers MP-51 Arcee Images from Wonder Festival 2020 and $145 Price Revealed (2051943)
Posted by Ironhidensh on February 10th, 2020 @ 4:27pm CST
Hellscream9999 wrote:
ScottyP wrote:

Actually, that has been fairly well debunked. Her sides line up too perfectly for that to be a mistransformation.
Re: Transformers MP-51 Arcee Images from Wonder Festival 2020 and $145 Price Revealed (2051944)
Posted by AllNewSuperRobot on February 10th, 2020 @ 4:30pm CST
Well, given it isn't the finished production piece, it is all just wild speculation at this point anyway. Plenty of time in the design process for minor issues to be ironed out.

Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumble Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #240 - Ramping Up
"Ramping Up"
Posted: Sunday, February 9th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Trading Card Game Rise of the Combiners Decepticon Acid Storm" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime AM-21 Arms Master  Optimus Prime Arms Micron Takara MISB NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers TRU Exclusive Masterpiece Acid Storm and Sunstorm; great condition" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Bot Shots Acid Storm & GI Joe Steeler" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Reissue Scramble City Galvatron Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Cheetor/Sea Fury Combo & Slipstream. Spark Armor New (2)" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Henkei Transformers Ratchet Classics Universe Generations (Japan Version)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Universe 25th Anniversary Ratchet MISP rare 2009 Generations" on EBAY