Transformers: MTMTE Concept Art from Alex Milne

Transformers: MTMTE Concept Art from Alex Milne

Friday, February 17th, 2012 11:04pm CST

Categories: Comic Book News, People News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 54,365

Artist Alex Milne has posted several pieces of his concept art from the new Transformers ongoing title Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye. We've seen a couple before from his deviantART page, but most are new. Check out the mirrored images from Full Metal Hero below.

Credit(s): Alex Milne. Full Metal Hero

This article was last modified on Friday, February 17th, 2012 11:06pm CST

Re: Transformers: MTMTE Concept Art from Alex Milne (1348773)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on February 17th, 2012 @ 11:40pm CST
This might just cause me to flunk out of uni....
Re: Transformers: MTMTE Concept Art from Alex Milne (1348775)
Posted by Mkall on February 17th, 2012 @ 11:56pm CST
I want that Ultra Magnus on my shelf ASAP!
Re: Transformers: MTMTE Concept Art from Alex Milne (1348829)
Posted by griftimus prime on February 18th, 2012 @ 7:28am CST
rodimus looks way overdone
Re: Transformers: MTMTE Concept Art from Alex Milne (1348841)
Posted by RhA on February 18th, 2012 @ 8:25am CST
The art looks sweet, but they're all overdone.
Re: Transformers: MTMTE Concept Art from Alex Milne (1348855)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on February 18th, 2012 @ 9:40am CST
Mkall wrote:I want that Ultra Magnus on my shelf ASAP!

I agree Mkall, I need that on my classics shelf. I wouldn't mind the Rodimus either. I'm impressed by all the designs.
Re: Transformers: MTMTE Concept Art from Alex Milne (1348891)
Posted by Downbeat on February 18th, 2012 @ 12:20pm CST
praying that 2013's toyline is based on the designs from WfC, FoC, and the ongoings, because daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn :D
Re: Transformers: MTMTE Concept Art from Alex Milne (1348952)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 18th, 2012 @ 3:18pm CST
Ultra Magnus has Animated Optimus Prime's Earth Mode truck cab. :shock:
Re: Transformers: MTMTE Concept Art from Alex Milne (1349040)
Posted by Sodan-1 on February 18th, 2012 @ 8:28pm CST
Wish I could design TFers this good. I think I get why people feel they're overdone, but Rodimus and Ultra Magnus look prett sweet.
Re: Transformers: MTMTE Concept Art from Alex Milne (1349118)
Posted by trence5 on February 18th, 2012 @ 11:59pm CST
:BOWDOWN: :BOWDOWN: :BOWDOWN: :BOWDOWN: to that alt mode of Ultra Magnus you lowly dogs!!!
Re: Transformers: MTMTE Concept Art from Alex Milne (1354116)
Posted by El Duque on March 1st, 2012 @ 8:46pm CST
Artist Alex Milne has shared more of his Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye concept art by way of fellow fan site Full Metal Hero. This time we get a look at Drift and the M.A.R.B's. Concept art mirrored below.

here is another little look at some of the stuff i've come up with for MTMTE
this time its my design fr drift and the M.A.R.B's that have been seen on the cover to issue 4
enjoy

Here's the finished cover via Alex Milne's deviantART account for reference:

Re: Transformers: MTMTE Concept Art from Alex Milne (1354117)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on March 1st, 2012 @ 8:48pm CST
those as some pinner shins
Re: Transformers: MTMTE Concept Art from Alex Milne (1354237)
Posted by retrothomas on March 2nd, 2012 @ 8:44am CST
I can't get enough of this MTMTE concept art! I think these are just the raddest representations of Transformers. They're such a cool blend of old-school and appeal and modern lines and detailing that make them believable.

I know I'm behind the curve here, but what's the scoop with MTMTE? Is this an upcoming comic?
Re: Transformers: MTMTE Concept Art from Alex Milne (1354238)
Posted by Va'al on March 2nd, 2012 @ 8:52am CST

I really want to not read these, due to money issues, but damn does the artwork look good in both!

And Drift got religion man, he got it bad!

EDIT: I convinced myself to get them all, backordered RID from my comic shop, and they had the second print of MTMTE 1. Coolsauce.
Re: Transformers: MTMTE Concept Art from Alex Milne (1354305)
Posted by Downbeat on March 2nd, 2012 @ 1:36pm CST
Dai Atlas and Crystal City aren't actually part of the Knights of Cybertron! They merely followed their teachings. The Knights are 10 million years old, while Crystal City was founded four million years ago, when the Great War broke out.
Re: Transformers: MTMTE Concept Art from Alex Milne (1354308)
Posted by Va'al on March 2nd, 2012 @ 1:48pm CST
Which is why I said so far.
In #2 Drift and Rodimus suggest going to find Dai Atlas and his knights, the Circle of Light.
To then continue the quest, Swerve would say.
Re: Transformers: MTMTE Concept Art from Alex Milne (1354313)
Posted by morphobots on March 2nd, 2012 @ 2:12pm CST
Va'al wrote:Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye and Transformers: Robots in Disguise are the two new series, each focusing on two different groups of Autobots, one travelling in space, searching (so far) for Crystal City, Dai Atlas and the other Knights, the other on Cybertron, under Bumblebee's command.

And Drift got religion man, he got it bad!

You won't regret it. Money well spent. And food is overrated anyway. :lol:
On another note: M.A.R.B.s!!! I didn't think anybody even remembered those anymore! From their size, I'm sure these are quite different from Ratchet's original Mobile Autobot Repair Bay, but still, that's really kicking it up a notch for me. I actually built one from a cardboard box and my dad's junk drawer scraps when I first saw it way back in Marvel's TF #8.
Re: Transformers: MTMTE Concept Art from Alex Milne (1354463)
Posted by UltraPrimal on March 2nd, 2012 @ 9:52pm CST
I wish we could get some figures based on Alex Milnes artwork. Namely a Thundercracker! :D
Re: Transformers: MTMTE Concept Art from Alex Milne (1354630)
Posted by Royal Lantern on March 3rd, 2012 @ 1:31pm CST
I am a big fan of the Cybertronian alt modes. I am eager to get the figures for the new TF game because they will be the Cybertronian versions.

Each issue of the comic I am eager to see what the new look of some of the characters I have known for years might be.

I had a theory on what could happen in MTMTE, but I doubt it would be true:
My thought is that this group set out to find the Knights of Cybertron, but then the explosion happened that sent them through a weird warp...what if that warp also sent them through time to the past, but they don't know it...and eventually in them seeking the Knights of Cybertron they actually become the Knights of Cybertron that they were actually seeking. A self-fulfilling prophecy of sorts. They become that which they seek. And then that message left in the first issue is not a message from the future to warn them, but actually a message from the past.

Just a thought. I'm sure that won't be the case, but it would be a cool plot twist.
Re: Transformers: MTMTE Concept Art from Alex Milne (1354650)
Posted by UltraMason on March 3rd, 2012 @ 3:19pm CST
Why does Drift have to all of a sudden look like animated rodimus? Cant they just leave s*** the way it is?
Why does he look like Wing?
I'll still get the trades but it seems lame. Drift's design was one of the best parts about him, but now he's just another anime-ish looking robot.
I preferred his stocky look, as he was always slender in the torso.
Just my opinion, like I said I havent read since Chaos ended. Nice to see Drift is alive. Not sure why the designs have to change fifty million times....
Re: Transformers: MTMTE Concept Art from Alex Milne (1354684)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on March 3rd, 2012 @ 5:46pm CST
UltraMason wrote:now he's just another anime-ish looking robot.

Agreed. They need to stop making the bots look so anime-ish

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars - MEGATRON Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #251 - Bob Lobclaw's Rumor Mill
"Bob Lobclaw's Rumor Mill"
Posted: Sunday, May 24th, 2020