Transformers / My Little Pony: "Friendship in Disguise!" graphic novel revealed

Transformers News: Transformers / My Little Pony: "Friendship in Disguise!" graphic novel revealed

Thursday, February 6th, 2020 12:24pm CST

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: Seibertron   Views: 14,510

Just when you think you've seen it all, a new crossover graphic novel comic from IDW was revealed on My Little Pony fansite EquestriaDaily.com: Transformers / My Little Pony "Friendship in Disguise!" While this appears to be an oddball concept, it could turn out to be a good read just like the 90s crossover "The Punisher Meets Archie".

Written by Ian Flynn, James Asmus
Illustrated by Tony Fleecs, Jack Lawrence
96 Pages
Release Date: November 3rd, 2020.

Ponies, Autobots, and Decepticons mix it up in this graphic novel mashup!

When Queen Chrysalis casts a spell looking for more changelings, she accidentally interferes with a malfunctioning Spacebridge! What's this mean for our favorite fillies? There are suddenly a bunch of Autobots and Decepticons in Equestria! And as the dust settles, Rarity and Arcee find themselves teaming up against a hostile Decepticon force.

Plus Spike and Grimlock; Pinkie Pie, Gauge, and Shockwave; Fluttershy, Discord, and Soundwave; Rainbow Dash and Windblade; and Optimus Prime and Twilight Sparkle all team up for more adventures.

Are you excited for this crossover of two of Hasbro's biggest brands? Share your thoughts about this unique match-up in our forums here.

Credit(s): EquestriaDaily.com

Re: Transformers / My Little Pony: "Friendship in Disguise!" graphic novel revealed (2051465)
Posted by Seibertron on February 6th, 2020 @ 12:40pm CST
Hot on the heels about news regarding a My Little Pony / Transformers crossover graphic novel called "Friendship in Disguise", we find out from our friends at IDW Publishing, that the graphic novel will be released earlier this year as individual issues available weekly in May 2020. Here's the press release from IDW ...

IDW Publishing wrote:A May 2020 Four-Week Crossover Event!

SAN DIEGO, CA (February 6, 2020) – When the Mane Six gallop alongside Autobots in battle, the forces of villainy stand no chance! IDW Publishing (OTCQX: IDWM), under license by Hasbro, Inc. (NASDAQ: HAS), welcomes comic fans of all ages to enjoy the wildest crossover of Hasbro creations ever: MY LITTLE PONY / TRANSFORMERS, a four-issue miniseries shipping weekly in May!

In MY LITTLE PONY / TRANSFORMERS, the scheming Queen Chrysalis casts a spell in search of changeling allies, but accidentally interferes with a distant Cybertronian Spacebridge… and brings the Autobots and Decepticons to Equestria! As the dust settles, it's up to Twilight Sparkle, Optimus Prime, and others to overcome the menace of malevolent magic and machinery!

MY LITTLE PONY / TRANSFORMERS assembles an all-star team of comic creators for this mind-blowing series: writers James Asmus, Ian Flynn, and Sam Maggs, and artists Casey W. Coller, Jack Lawrence, Sara Pitre-Durocher, Priscilla Tramontano, and Tony Fleecs (who also provides cover artwork for the entirety of the series).

"The writing I've gotten to do individually for MY LITTLE PONY and TRANSFORMERS have already proven to be some of the most fun I've had in my career, so it's pure joy to play them off each other," says Asmus. "We're making a wild mash-up unlike anything else in your comic collection. You basically owe it to yourself and your future happiness to get a copy!"

"It's been a delightful challenge finding common threads between the ponies and bots. It's certainly a fun and unique opportunity," says Flynn. "I hope fans of both franchises can come together and enjoy this."

"MY LITTLE PONY and TRANSFORMERS are two of my all-time favorite universes. Having written for them both previously, the idea of bringing the citizens of Equestria and Cybertron together is incredibly exciting," says Maggs.

"Teaming TRANSFORMERS and MY LITTLE PONY has been a dream we've had for a long time," says IDW Editor-In-Chief John Barber. "We're all really excited to see this mashup of characters by a mashup of creators who are honoring the legacy of both universes… and doing it in the most bonkers, fun way imaginable!"

For information on how to acquire copies of MY LITTLE PONY / TRANSFORMERS, please contact Seibertron.com about how to pre-order this product, or contact your local comic shop, or visit http://www.comicshoplocator.com to find a store near you.

Re: Transformers / My Little Pony: "Friendship in Disguise!" graphic novel revealed (2051467)
Posted by Decepticon Stryker on February 6th, 2020 @ 1:20pm CST
If anyone's worried about this: keep in mind we survived Michael Bay on 5 separate occasions.
Re: Transformers / My Little Pony: "Friendship in Disguise!" graphic novel revealed (2051469)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 6th, 2020 @ 1:39pm CST
Re: Transformers / My Little Pony: "Friendship in Disguise!" graphic novel revealed (2051470)
Posted by bluecatcinema on February 6th, 2020 @ 1:54pm CST
Ooh, now this is going to be good...
Re: Transformers / My Little Pony: "Friendship in Disguise!" graphic novel revealed (2051471)
Posted by Solipsist on February 6th, 2020 @ 2:01pm CST
Re: Transformers / My Little Pony: "Friendship in Disguise!" graphic novel revealed (2051472)
Posted by mentre83 on February 6th, 2020 @ 2:03pm CST
A quick mashup I made years ago for a similar topic on another forum.

Warning: spoiler alert.

machpony.JPG
Re: Transformers / My Little Pony: "Friendship in Disguise!" graphic novel revealed (2051473)
Posted by First Gen on February 6th, 2020 @ 2:04pm CST
Yep. This is a must buy. My girls like transformers and love MLP.
Re: Transformers / My Little Pony: "Friendship in Disguise!" graphic novel revealed (2051475)
Posted by LordBludgeon on February 6th, 2020 @ 2:28pm CST
Nope, Nope, Nope, So much Nope! :BOOM:
Re: Transformers / My Little Pony: "Friendship in Disguise!" graphic novel revealed (2051476)
Posted by Rodimus Knight on February 6th, 2020 @ 2:34pm CST
mentre83 wrote:A quick mashup I made years ago for a similar topic on another forum.

Warning: spoiler alert.

machpony.JPG

Dude, that is great. :lol: :lol:

I think this crossover could be a lot of fun. I'll check it out.
Re: Transformers / My Little Pony: "Friendship in Disguise!" graphic novel revealed (2051478)
Posted by Master Farr 1 on February 6th, 2020 @ 3:06pm CST
Twilight: Dear Princess Celestia,
Today my friend Optimus Prime taught me that Freedom is the right of all sentient beings.
Your student,
Twilight Sparkle
Re: Transformers / My Little Pony: "Friendship in Disguise!" graphic novel revealed (2051480)
Posted by Burn on February 6th, 2020 @ 3:21pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:And, of course, Facebook has erupted with comments of sweeping disapproval of this crossover, declaring it to be the worst thing ever. :SMUG:

Tell them to go read Transformers/New Avengers.

I don't know why they're so upset though, it's not like they're being forced to read it. It's not like it's going to become the status quo.

It's just a crossover.

Transformers has done it multiple times with many franchises (with mostly little success, but that's just my opinion) and nothing has changed. The world continued. Transformer toys continued to be produced. blah blah blah.

Don't like it? Don't read it. Unbunch your panties and go find some bigger travesty to get upset over.
Re: Transformers / My Little Pony: "Friendship in Disguise!" graphic novel revealed (2051481)
Posted by Tigerhawk7109 on February 6th, 2020 @ 3:21pm CST

Yes, and we'll need all of that willpower to survive this idiocy.

:BH-PREDACON:
Re: Transformers / My Little Pony: "Friendship in Disguise!" graphic novel revealed (2051484)
Posted by ZeroWolf on February 6th, 2020 @ 3:32pm CST
Tigerhawk7109 wrote:

Yes, and we'll need all of that willpower to survive this idiocy.

:BH-PREDACON:

I doubt it will be worse then TF/ New Avengers or TF/ Visionaries. In fact I dare say this might be light hearted fun, what's the harm in that? As Burn said, don't like it? Don't buy it, move along.
Re: Transformers / My Little Pony: "Friendship in Disguise!" graphic novel revealed (2051485)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on February 6th, 2020 @ 3:37pm CST
Tigerhawk7109 wrote:

Yes, and we'll need all of that willpower to survive this idiocy.

:BH-PREDACON:

We did several times before:

Crossover #2
Crossover #1
Re: Transformers / My Little Pony: "Friendship in Disguise!" graphic novel revealed (2051487)
Posted by Munkky on February 6th, 2020 @ 4:16pm CST
Re: Transformers / My Little Pony: "Friendship in Disguise!" graphic novel revealed (2051488)
Posted by Seibertron on February 6th, 2020 @ 4:22pm CST
All I know is there better be something between DJ-PON-3 and Soundwave and/or Blaster!

My daughters and I are excited for this. Should be fun!
Re: Transformers / My Little Pony: "Friendship in Disguise!" graphic novel revealed (2051489)
Posted by ScottyP on February 6th, 2020 @ 4:30pm CST
Munkky wrote:This might have been a fun and interesting little crossover if it came out six or seven years ago when Friendship is Magic was still in its prime (excuse the pun), but a it is, it feels a bit late to the party.
Yeah a crossover with Prime would make more sense, but this is fine.

Anyone think they'll actually hit a weekly publication schedule?
Re: Transformers / My Little Pony: "Friendship in Disguise!" graphic novel revealed (2051490)
Posted by Coptur on February 6th, 2020 @ 4:37pm CST
Solipsist wrote:They are REALLY doing this?! Hey HASBRO, bring back the old KENNER line of M.A.S.K. and CENTURIONS. THAT would be spectacular news. A new toyline and new animated series to go with them. I never understood the hype or alleged appeal of talking pastel-colored ponies. That stated, I miss The Care Bears. :-( :HASBRO: :???:

yeah they are doing it but I doubt they'll include/introduce a strong male character within MLP cast.

well MASK was brought back but it was lack luster not very well executed.

Centurions isn't for Hasbro to do any with i'm afraid to say that belongs to the jack kirby estate.
Re: Transformers / My Little Pony: "Friendship in Disguise!" graphic novel revealed (2051491)
Posted by Master Farr 1 on February 6th, 2020 @ 4:58pm CST
Re: Transformers / My Little Pony: "Friendship in Disguise!" graphic novel revealed (2051493)
Posted by Ig89ninja on February 6th, 2020 @ 5:41pm CST
If this doesn’t include Starscream being beaten up by Rainbow Dash I will be disappointed.

Also, does anyone else recognize the art style, because it looks like the person who made the Hascon promo comic is also doing this.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Voyager Inferno Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Autobot Ratchet" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #245 - On a Boat
"On a Boat"
Posted: Saturday, April 4th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Prime RID Deluxe Class Wheeljack" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Steeljaw  **MOC**" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Stormshot **MOC**" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Lockdown AOE complete with Manual" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War For Cybertron Leader Galaxy Upgrade Optimus Prime MISB" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS AGE OF EXTINCTION - SNARL (J88)" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS ROBOTS IN DISGUISE - COMBINER FORCE - SOUNDWAVE (J11)" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Age of Extinction SLOG Voyager Class Series M4 #005" on EBAY