Transformers Ongoing #3 Variant Cover Revealed

Transformers Ongoing #3 Variant Cover Revealed

Wednesday, October 28th, 2009 8:02pm CDT

Categories: Comic Book News, People News
Posted by: Tigertrack   Views: 21,097

Andrew Wildman, classic Transformers artist, has updated his page at wildwords with his cover for the upcoming IDW Transformers ongoing series (interior art and regular cover penciled by Don Figueroa, and written by newcomer Mike Costa) with some commentary reflecting on his Generation One work.

"What tickles me about this is that for many years people have commented on the fact that I used to make the Transformers very ‘human’. I would draw them with expressions and teeth and sometimes saliva. Of course it was never saliva but oil. Well, to take that a step further I decided at the colouring stage to show Rodimus Prime’s breath in this chilly environment."

Take a look at the very human-like Rodimus on the variant cover for IDW's Transformers ongoing series #3, set to be released early next year!

Transformers Ongoing #3 Variant Cover Revealed

Well done, Mr. Wildman.

Seibertron.com for all of your Transformers news and resource needs.

Vector Sigma Database
Comprehensive Photo Galleries
Most Recent Transformers News

Credit(s): Darth Bombshell, wordpress.com

This article was last modified on Wednesday, October 28th, 2009 8:11pm CDT

Re: Transformers Ongoing #3 Variant Cover Revealed (1014514)
Posted by --B-- on October 28th, 2009 @ 8:23pm CDT
Re: Transformers Ongoing #3 Variant Cover Revealed (1014518)
Posted by Tigertrack on October 28th, 2009 @ 8:26pm CDT
--B-- wrote:Kinda reminds me of a Wolverine stance, with the arm cannons looking like his claws.

Now that you say that, it sure does.
Re: Transformers Ongoing #3 Variant Cover Revealed (1014533)
Posted by AutobotOutlaw on October 28th, 2009 @ 8:46pm CDT
Re: Transformers Ongoing #3 Variant Cover Revealed (1014536)
Posted by Tigertrack on October 28th, 2009 @ 8:48pm CDT
AutobotOutlaw wrote:Wait, this is Rodimus Prime? Had they already confirmed that Hot Rod would become Rodimus for the ongoing series? I hadn't heard anything about that yet, so correct if I'm wrong. I thought Optimus was still around in the ongoing series.

I believe in the new series he is just called Rodimus, not Hot Rod, I don't know maybe he grows up, and changes his name because Hot Rod sounds to kiddish or something?
Re: Transformers Ongoing #3 Variant Cover Revealed (1014737)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on October 29th, 2009 @ 9:50am CDT

That was the first thing I thought of, too.
Re: Transformers Ongoing #3 Variant Cover Revealed (1015451)
Posted by MYoung23 on October 31st, 2009 @ 3:18pm CDT
Maybe the loss by the Autobots causes a change in him similar to the way Perceptor having been blown a new one changed him.
Re: Transformers Ongoing #3 Variant Cover Revealed (1019016)
Posted by MagnusPrimal on November 10th, 2009 @ 10:35pm CST
Man, that looks awesome. If I see that, I'll be tempted to buy it just for the cover.
Re: Transformers Ongoing #3 Variant Cover Revealed (1019128)
Posted by ponycorn on November 11th, 2009 @ 11:05am CST
Is it just me or does that cover look like it could work well in a multicover spread similar to the Revelations covers?

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 01 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #288 - Filler Episode
"Filler Episode"
Posted: Sunday, November 14th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Beast Hunter Optimus Prime Sealed, Brand New!" on EBAY
Buy "1986 ChromeDome Headmaster Transformers Action Figure G1 with box, instructions." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Construct Bots Wheel Jack and Ironhide" on EBAY
Buy "HASBRO KINGDOM * RHINOX * TRANSFORMERS WAR FOR CYBERTRON VOYAGER CLASS!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Class Skullsmasher & Grax Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Highbrow Complete Deluxe" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers kingdom war for cybertron trilogy Rodimus prime  -BOX ONLY-" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage GO BOTS ROAD RANGER OPTIMUS PRIME Bandai 1983 TRANSFORMERS" on EBAY