Transformers Ongoing #9 - Five Page Preview

Transformers Ongoing #9 - Five Page Preview

Tuesday, July 13th, 2010 8:23pm CDT

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 31,904

Transformers 'Ongoing' continues this month, as this Wednesday we'll be seeing the Autobots and the Decepticons fight on Earth. Regulon Four has posted a five-page preview of this issue, as the 'International Incident' starts. Check out the covers, a little bit of the preview and descriptions of the issue below!

“International Incident,” Part 1: After MEGATRON left Earth three years ago, DECEPTICONS all over the globe were left stranded and leaderless. It was only a matter of time before an insane international despot assembled a bunch of them together to serve as a living Weapon of Mass Destruction, setting off the most action-packed TRANSFORMERS storyline in years, with art by fan-favorite Guido Guidi.

* 2 regular covers will be shipped in a 1-to-1 ratio.

Mike Costa (w) • Guido Guidi (a) • Don Figueroa, Guidi (c)

You can find the rest of the preview over at Regulon Four!

Keep it at Seibertron.com for the latest Transformers Comics news on the net!

Credit(s): Regulon Four

Re: Transformers Ongoing #9 - Five Page Preview (1097689)
Posted by sabrigami on July 13th, 2010 @ 8:47pm CDT
sooo...Humans are making energon cubes now? why? The art is looking pretty good though. I hope the faces remain like they do on the cover with Bumblebee. Awesome faces plus the detailed bodies equals total win for me :D . Can't help but think there's no saving the story though. They promise action and stuff in the upcoming issues, but there's very little hope that it will save the moronic plot for me.
Re: Transformers Ongoing #9 - Five Page Preview (1097707)
Posted by BIG WHITE PRIME on July 13th, 2010 @ 10:13pm CDT
It better be better than issue 8...that was pretty boring....
Re: Transformers Ongoing #9 - Five Page Preview (1097731)
Posted by Hans on July 14th, 2010 @ 12:16am CDT
Yeah, the ongoing has been.... well, I think it's been pretty terrible, really. Definitely not worth the money, because you get very little "meat" to the stories. I hope IDW will finally consider bringing back Simon Furman to G1. Or Nick Roche ;)

Here we have another 5 page preview were events could have been told in one page just as easily.

On the upside though, finally we get Guido on art. At least the pictures are very pretty :)
I absolutely despised Don's redesigns. I hope he doesn't return to the title, Bayformers seem more like his thing now. Let him do moviecomics and keep Guido on G1.
Re: Transformers Ongoing #9 - Five Page Preview (1097742)
Posted by Dead Metal on July 14th, 2010 @ 1:56am CDT
Guido makes everything look awesome.
Fantastico!

A shame the ongoing story is shite.
Re: Transformers Ongoing #9 - Five Page Preview (1097801)
Posted by Simes on July 14th, 2010 @ 6:47am CDT
:O You missed out the fourth cover... the Auto Assembly 2010 exclusive *cries*
Re: Transformers Ongoing #9 - Five Page Preview (1097811)
Posted by steve2275 on July 14th, 2010 @ 7:14am CDT
o thank guido
regular tf faces
Re: Transformers Ongoing #9 - Five Page Preview (1097816)
Posted by Dead Metal on July 14th, 2010 @ 7:44am CDT
I just noticed, Don has a new signature which looks pretty sweet.
Re: Transformers Ongoing #9 - Five Page Preview (1097833)
Posted by Darth Bombshell on July 14th, 2010 @ 8:36am CDT
BIG WHITE PRIME wrote:It better be better than issue 8...that was pretty boring....

I think it's a proven fact by now that anything Transformers with the words "Written by Mike Costa" on it is guaranteed not to be good.
Re: Transformers Ongoing #9 - Five Page Preview (1097836)
Posted by Hans on July 14th, 2010 @ 8:43am CDT
But the ongoing... don't like it. Also don't like the random killing of characters like Quake, Dreadwind or Scrapper. Especially Scrapper, because now the Constructicons can't form Devastator anymore. Which is just plain stupid.

Dead Metal wrote:I just noticed, Don has a new signature which looks pretty sweet.

There's a signature on the first cover?
Only thing I noticed is that Don has returned to a more traditional look for the faces of the TF's. First the Megatron cover of issue # 7, and now this one. That's a good sign, IMO :)
Now if they could only stop the re-design frenzy... I mean, to me, there's very little "Bumblebee" on that cover...
Re: Transformers Ongoing #9 - Five Page Preview (1097852)
Posted by Dead Metal on July 14th, 2010 @ 9:33am CDT
Hans wrote:I dunno, the Ironhide series seems to be alright... Sure, the story didn't build much in the first two issues, but we seem to be getting a payoff in issues 3 and 4. I think.
But the ongoing... don't like it. Also don't like the random killing of characters like Quake or Dreadwind.

There's a signature on the first cover?

It's the Prime one that has the new signature.
Re: Transformers Ongoing #9 - Five Page Preview (1097879)
Posted by Hans on July 14th, 2010 @ 11:02am CDT
Ah, but he had that one since issue # 1 ;)
Re: Transformers Ongoing #9 - Five Page Preview (1097894)
Posted by Dead Metal on July 14th, 2010 @ 11:26am CDT
Hans wrote:Ah, but he had that one since issue # 1 ;)

Never noticed, was distracted by the horrible nightmare faces:P
Re: Transformers Ongoing #9 - Five Page Preview (1097953)
Posted by Hans on July 14th, 2010 @ 1:47pm CDT
Dead Metal wrote:
Hans wrote:Ah, but he had that one since issue # 1 ;)

Never noticed, was distracted by the horrible nightmare faces:P

Lol :lol:
Re: Transformers Ongoing #9 - Five Page Preview (1098051)
Posted by Darth Bombshell on July 14th, 2010 @ 5:12pm CDT

Problem is, that "payoff" should have been built up way earlier than it was.
Re: Transformers Ongoing #9 - Five Page Preview (1098082)
Posted by lowman_x on July 14th, 2010 @ 6:37pm CDT
I think I might be one of the few who actually likes Mike's writing. Hell, it's better than Mcarthy's at least. As to the artwork...

I found the first couple of pages quite nice with a good blend of the new, mechanical look and the old classic look of the 80s cartoon but after that it became more and more cartoony and "Sunbow-y". I found the TF hands (especially) rather simplistic and annoying. I felt like I was reading one of the Budiansky drawn comics of the 80s and, unlike some, I don't really want to go back to the 80s. I've already lived through it (Hypercolour shirts included).
Re: Transformers Ongoing #9 - Five Page Preview (1098121)
Posted by Darth Bombshell on July 14th, 2010 @ 8:16pm CDT
lowman_x wrote:I think I might be one of the few who actually likes Mike's writing. Hell, it's better than Mcarthy's at least.

The average fanfic writer is better than McCarthy.
Re: Transformers Ongoing #9 - Five Page Preview (1098137)
Posted by lowman_x on July 14th, 2010 @ 8:49pm CDT
Darth Bombshell wrote:

The average fanfic writer is better than McCarthy.

Touche. :P
Re: Transformers Ongoing #9 - Five Page Preview (1098141)
Posted by lowman_x on July 14th, 2010 @ 8:53pm CDT
Darth Bombshell wrote:

Problem is, that "payoff" should have been built up way earlier than it was.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that what a mini-series is about? Building up in the first couple of issues and THEN the pay-off in the last couple? Because, logically, if the pay-off came in the first issue then you wouldn't have a need for a mini-series. It'd be a one-shot. Or as we like to call it here in the IDW-verse, a "Spotlight". I think the build-up and pace have been spot on and I like how we're as confused as Ironhide as to what the hell is going on. :)

Nice work, Mike! :D
Re: Transformers Ongoing #9 - Five Page Preview (1100269)
Posted by partholon on July 19th, 2010 @ 3:36pm CDT
ive dropped the book as i cant stand whats being done in it anymore so this issue marks the first TF comic i havent bought in my life.

i'll probaby buy the trade as it works out half price but i just cant justify forkin out 4.50 euros for half a comics worth or writing i dont like.

this has been a cumulative thing for me, been feeling this way since the ongoing launched but enoughs enough.

IDW serously need to sort out what their doing. at this stage it'd take either furman taking over again or james and nick starting from scratch.
Re: Transformers Ongoing #9 - Five Page Preview (1100516)
Posted by Hans on July 20th, 2010 @ 12:25am CDT
I'll be happy if Furman comes back to the fold. I really liked what he was doing, and was pretty pissed when Revelation was compressed into four issues (to me, that was the best storyline since Generation 2... also by Furman). Nevertheless, I still thought the four Revelation/Spotlight issues were great. After that, the IDW verse turned into a mess. Wasn't really thrilled with All Hail Megatron because there really was no continuity between the series. Only thing I did like a lot was Guido's artwork. He and Casey Coller are my favourites.

Then the weak All Hail Megatron Coda issues tried to repair some damage and only had one good story in them (Nick's).

When the ongoing started, with it's insane focus on a very unsympathetic and uninteresting Spike (who really wanted to read issue #8?) and the fugly re-designs by Don, things only went downhill further, IMO.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Peterman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Swindle" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #288 - Filler Episode
"Filler Episode"
Posted: Sunday, November 14th, 2021

Buy "Hasbro RICOCHET NIGHTSTICK Transformers G1 TRU Commemorative Series IX MISB" on EBAY
Buy "1987 Vintage G1 Transformers Decepticon Headmaster Snapdragon Krunk" on EBAY
Buy "Scorponok Helmet Mask 1987 Vintage G1 Transformers Fasttrack Antenna Radar" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Scorponok 1st Run & Fast Track" on EBAY
Buy "New Transformers Ironworks SEALED War for Cybertron: Earthrise Deluxe" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Wingspan Cloudraker Clones Walgreens MISB Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Walgreens Exclusive & Wingspan Cloudraker" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Battle For Cybertron Quintesson Invasion Shockwave Prowl" on EBAY