Transformers Power Core Combiner Huffer Variation?

Transformers Power Core Combiner Huffer Variation?

Sunday, September 12th, 2010 9:47am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Rumors
Posted by: Tigertrack   Views: 50,885

How many of you love Transformers Power Core Combiners Huffer? How many of you bought an early version and wished that his hood matched the color of the rest of his body's orange color?

Wishers for the color change may be in luck!

It appears that early purchasers may have gotten the unmatched color scheme, but newer purchasers, such as the Allspark's 4-Lom and Silent_Magnus are seeing versions which are now matched, and trying to make connections as to whether this is a running change over time, or a change based on country/or location.

Image (image belongs to Silent_Magnus)

Does this mean you are going to go our searching for a new PCC Huffer, or are you happy with your two toner? Do you know more about this change, and or the pattern involved with the change? Say your piece in your comments to this news.

There's some previous PCC Huffer talk in this thread, but if you want more PCC discussion, check the Toys Forum.

Credit(s): 4-LOM, Silent_Magnus of the Allspark

Re: Transformers Power Core Combiner Huffer Variation? (1124005)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on September 12th, 2010 @ 9:55am CDT
I never realised it was a variant: mine is a European one, released merely weeks ago and is single toned.
Re: Transformers Power Core Combiner Huffer Variation? (1124010)
Posted by Jetstorm92210 on September 12th, 2010 @ 10:18am CDT
That's weird. I bought mine in July at a Toys R Us in Austin Texas and it turns out I own the variation.
Looks like the variation has been out there since July.
Re: Transformers Power Core Combiner Huffer Variation? (1124011)
Posted by Cheetron on September 12th, 2010 @ 10:23am CDT
i never really looked at mine long enough to notice which one it is. Until I read about it like 5 seconds ago, I never knew they hood was a different shade!
Re: Transformers Power Core Combiner Huffer Variation? (1124016)
Posted by TimPilot on September 12th, 2010 @ 10:44am CDT
Got mine (the european version) a couple of moths ago. The bonnet is in same color as the rest of the body.
Re: Transformers Power Core Combiner Huffer Variation? (1124017)
Posted by soundwave#1!!!500% on September 12th, 2010 @ 10:52am CDT
:CON: i like the orange better :CON:
Re: Transformers Power Core Combiner Huffer Variation? (1124018)
Posted by Hiboman on September 12th, 2010 @ 10:57am CDT
I just got Huffer a few days ago, and mine is matched on the hood. I live in New Jersey, and the Walmart where I got him still had ROTF Voyager Megatron, Stratosphere, and The Fallen shelfwarming, but they had HFTD Backfire and Oil Pan, so maybe this is a updated version of Huffer just being released now.
Re: Transformers Power Core Combiner Huffer Variation? (1124020)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on September 12th, 2010 @ 11:09am CDT
I got huffer around the time he first came out & its the two toner version. Out of the two i like the one i got the best. The single tone one looks kinda bland compared to the other.
Re: Transformers Power Core Combiner Huffer Variation? (1124033)
Posted by DMSL on September 12th, 2010 @ 11:52am CDT
A nicer variant would be if it came with a normal gun and didn't have the baby blue connectors.
Re: Transformers Power Core Combiner Huffer Variation? (1124036)
Posted by Flux Convoy on September 12th, 2010 @ 11:56am CDT
Just sounds like a running change.
:BOT:
Re: Transformers Power Core Combiner Huffer Variation? (1124038)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on September 12th, 2010 @ 12:01pm CDT
Flux Convoy wrote:I bought mine early on and he was the orange hooded version. I prefer the orange, it breaks up the yellow. This isn't a variant based on lacation. I've seen nothing but the yellow hoods in my area for at least a month now.
Just sounds like a running change.
:BOT:

I'd say the same thing. Europe usually gets the later (corrected) variant when they're first released here. Scalpel was an exception, as i have the long antenna variant. Now that I think about it, we had both light/dark variants of certain toys in RotF as well.
Re: Transformers Power Core Combiner Huffer Variation? (1124044)
Posted by noodles2go on September 12th, 2010 @ 12:13pm CDT
Mine is the two tone orange. When I first got it it looked a little funny to me, but ultimately I think it helped break up the yellow, and really liked it. After seeing the "corrected" version, I can say I am very pleased with my orange hooded Huffer, wouldn't trade it for any other.
Re: Transformers Power Core Combiner Huffer Variation? (1124052)
Posted by Crystal Rodimus on September 12th, 2010 @ 12:42pm CDT
Nothing worth buying another for. If they'd changed the entire paint coloring to be closer to G1 Huffer's, THEN I'd drop another $10.
Re: Transformers Power Core Combiner Huffer Variation? (1124056)
Posted by SJ21 on September 12th, 2010 @ 12:54pm CDT
I have the orange hood version. I like the orange on it. It is a nice homage to G1. If it didn't have some orange on there somewhere, I wouldn't have bought it.
Re: Transformers Power Core Combiner Huffer Variation? (1124146)
Posted by Dr. Caelus on September 12th, 2010 @ 5:57pm CDT
Bought mine at the end of July or beginning of August in central MO and it has the orange hood.

Like others I prefer the orange hood. With it being a clearly separate panel and having a little black trim, it looks like a deliberate aesthetic choice rather than an error in production.
Re: Transformers Power Core Combiner Huffer Variation? (1124156)
Posted by Heavy B on September 12th, 2010 @ 6:38pm CDT
i got mine in early-mid august (can't rememeber when) and it had the yellow hood. guess i just got lucky
Re: Transformers Power Core Combiner Huffer Variation? (1124181)
Posted by adamassc on September 12th, 2010 @ 8:07pm CDT
I got mine from TRU when they first came out, and he's orange-hooded.

I wouldn't mind having both, but I'm not spending $10 on him when I've got a Leadfoot to buy and repaint.
Re: Transformers Power Core Combiner Huffer Variation? (1124196)
Posted by PrimeGestalt on September 12th, 2010 @ 9:29pm CDT
Now I want to get the single-tone Huffer as well, just so I can have the same amount of both Autobots and Decepticons ;)
Re: Transformers Power Core Combiner Huffer Variation? (1124273)
Posted by GuyIncognito on September 13th, 2010 @ 6:49am CDT
If I had had a choice, I would have chosen the one-tone paint job, but the two-tone one never bothered me. Plus, I've got him in bot mode or core mode most of the time anyway.
Re: Transformers Power Core Combiner Huffer Variation? (1124275)
Posted by Rated X on September 13th, 2010 @ 6:57am CDT

Which one is more rare and collectible ???
Re: Transformers Power Core Combiner Huffer Variation? (1124284)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on September 13th, 2010 @ 7:46am CDT
Rated X wrote:I have the version with the orange hood. So now for the million dollar question:

Which one is more rare and collectible ???

The earlier ones, as they're phased out over time.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Siege on Cybertron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Sky Lynx" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "Transformers SIEGE War For Cybertron,FIREDRIVE,TOPSHOT&FLAK,BLACKJACK&HYPERDRIVE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Firedrive - New- Bent Package" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Rescan Salvage - J98" on EBAY
Buy "EUC COG Transformers SIEGE War for Cybertron  weaponizer  Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Graham and Tunnel Drill from Transformers Rescue Bots - Very Good Condition." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Cog" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Siege COG Deluxe Class Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots: Meet High Tide by John Sazaklis; Steve Foxe" on EBAY