Thursday, June 21st, 2018 2:36pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 23,094

You'll remember from this much discussed news story from back when about the Transformers Power of the Primes toyline that not only are we getting - allegedly - the Takara Tomy Unite Warriors version of Blast Off in the POTP line, but that it also comes with Prime Master Megatronus, the big baddie himself.

Thanks to site sponsor Robot Kingdom, we now also know that the little dudeicus that forms Bruticus will be shipping come July 2018, and that pre-orders are now open with some limits depending on the source that you will use to acquire the figure - in this case, three per buyer! Take a look at the not image below (only used for reference), compare it to previous material, and join the conversation in the Energon Pub.

Product Code: E1796AS02
Availability:Pre Order
US$ 29.90

Product Description:

Preorder. Start Shipping on 1st July 2018.

***Limit to 3pcs per person, repeat order will be refunded.''
***Photos for reference only, exact product appearance is subject to manufacturer final confirmation.***

Transformers News: Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Leaks, Rumours, Reveals, and More

Credit(s): RobotKingdom.com

Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Blast Off to Be Release in July, Preorders Now Online (1965964)
Posted by gothsaurus on June 21st, 2018 @ 2:51pm CDT
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Blast Off to Be Release in July, Preorders Now Online (1965970)
Posted by o.supreme on June 21st, 2018 @ 3:44pm CDT

I still don't quite get Hasbro's strategy. I guess now we know they wanted to do 3 exclusives basing one on each of the previous lines

Blast Off representing CW (though he comes with Prime Armor and a Prime that's already getting a release..?)
Repugnus representing TR (comes with a TM, makes sense...)
and Punch/Counterpunch representing PotP (coming with Solus, a new exclusive Prime)

So...What does Leader Nemesis Prime represent? Deluxe Wreck-Gar? or are these just "more" exclusives? Also...how are Amalgamous and Nexus going to be released?

Part of me still hopes the 4 remaining Primes that don't have pretenders will still get a standard release, but it doesn't seem likely at this point.
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Blast Off to Be Release in July, Preorders Now Online (1965971)
Posted by DecepticonFinishline on June 21st, 2018 @ 3:53pm CDT
o.supreme wrote:Blast Off is an easy pass. I already have the UW Blast Off, and Ill wait until PM wave 3 Bomb-Burst to get Megatronus.

Repugnus representing TR (comes with a TM, makes sense...)

Also, I think Wreck-Gar and Nemesis are just 'store' exclusives whereas the other three are released along the lines of Grotusque and Arcee.

I also hope that the remaining Prime Masters will get a proper, non-exclusive, Pretender release. What's the f***ing point if they can't match each other.
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Blast Off to Be Release in July, Preorders Now Online (1965972)
Posted by o.supreme on June 21st, 2018 @ 4:00pm CDT
DecepticonFinishline wrote:Pretty sure Blast Off is coming with the Combiner Wars HFG. Plus, I'm all for this. I don't mix CW with UW. And I would love to have Shuttle Blast Off in (objectively better) Hasbro colors. PLUS that means that I can put brown-jet-boi on Galvatronus.

looks at pic above :oops: , I guess its possible, though it does say its only a reference and may not indicate the final product appearance . I thought for sure other pics showed him with the Prime Armor Hand. Anyway, I don't mind mixing UW and CW at all, but I am happy for those that don't have him to get a chance to get him.

My CW Plane Blast Off and Vortex (which I consider to be separate characters form the real UW Blast Off and Vortex) are already used as limbs for Grand Scourge. ;)^
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Blast Off to Be Release in July, Preorders Now Online (1965975)
Posted by Black Bumblebee on June 21st, 2018 @ 4:08pm CDT
Think I'll wait a bit to see how much Amazon is going to charge on him.
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Blast Off to Be Release in July, Preorders Now Online (1965976)
Posted by ExciKaiser on June 21st, 2018 @ 4:15pm CDT
blackeyedprime wrote:nice that he has a new toy but still an easy pass when the old figure is usually findable cheaper, has electronics, fires missiles plus all of it's modes so the play value is comparable. Hope it sells well all the same, might get more beast wars stuff but figures that don't have all their modes isn't something I want to see in any line with todays standards.

That's exactly what I'm referring about.
How should we call this ? BeeWuuun ?

This toy has all his modes.

No he doesn't have the same modes of the previous Optimal Optimus incarnation. Because it's not the old toy, it's another incarnation.

If you want the Optimal Optimus who transforms into Gorilla, tank and plane, then get the old toy.
This toy is the version which transforms from Classic Primal to Optimal.

Really, after all these years of BW fans mocking G1 fans who can't accept Optimus to be a gorilla, I never though we would see BW fans not accepting Optimal under a new form.
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Blast Off to Be Release in July, Preorders Now Online (1965978)
Posted by Brokebot on June 21st, 2018 @ 4:27pm CDT
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Blast Off to Be Release in July, Preorders Now Online (1965979)
Posted by gothsaurus on June 21st, 2018 @ 4:30pm CDT

(Or waiting for them to hit another retailer or ebay.)
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Blast Off to Be Release in July, Preorders Now Online (1965980)
Posted by o.supreme on June 21st, 2018 @ 4:31pm CDT
Brokebot wrote:Holy crap. Robot Kingdom wants as much or for shipping than they do for the figure. Screw that. That's as bad as eBay scalpers.

They've always been that way from what I can tell. It's nice that because of their location they can offer cheaper retail price, but the shipping costs to North America more than negate any perceived discount. The only time I've ordered something from RK was only on one occasion when I absolutely knew I could not get it anywhere else for a decent price.
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Blast Off to Be Release in July, Preorders Now Online (1965982)
Posted by Brokebot on June 21st, 2018 @ 4:58pm CDT
gothsaurus wrote:thanks for the tip, Brokebot. Guessing that may be a situation where buying three and selling two to help pay for shipping might be the option.

(Or waiting for them to hit another retailer or ebay.)

Hit me up when your three arrive. We'll hammer out a deal. ;)^
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Blast Off to Be Release in July, Preorders Now Online (1965990)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on June 21st, 2018 @ 5:56pm CDT
o.supreme wrote:

Same with me. Shipping there is very high, and Blastoff has a listing on Amazon, so I am content to wait.

Cannot wait to get him. Now just gotta wait out that golden Starscream (maybe, we'll see, Dragstrip is ok with a no) and Megascream will be perfect.
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Blast Off to Be Release in July, Preorders Now Online (1965995)
Posted by Randomhero on June 21st, 2018 @ 6:22pm CDT

Repugnus representing TR (comes with a TM, makes sense...)

You’re reading way too much into it. It’s not representing the trilogy. It’s just giving everyone what they want. People want a shuttle blastoff. Here he is. People want the last monsterbot. Here is is. People want punch/counterpunch okay here you go. We have an Optimus Prime and need to get use of the mold so here’s your black retool. We’ve got the groove mold so let’s make another wreck-gar. That’s all it is. If it wasnything else it’d have a tag line like “Prime Wars Trilogy!” On the packaging
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Blast Off to Be Release in July, Preorders Now Online (1966010)
Posted by Wireless_Phantom on June 21st, 2018 @ 8:25pm CDT
Yes! Now I can make my CW Blastoff a limb for another combiner!
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Blast Off to Be Release in July, Preorders Now Online (1966015)
Posted by Zeedust on June 21st, 2018 @ 8:50pm CDT
o.supreme wrote:My CW Plane Blast Off and Vortex (which I consider to be separate characters form the real UW Blast Off and Vortex)

I'll give you Blast Off, but what did Vortex do to piss you off?
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Blast Off to Be Release in July, Preorders Now Online (1966018)
Posted by lakebot on June 21st, 2018 @ 9:16pm CDT
TF-fan kev777 wrote:I was lucky for wave 2 being in the right places at the right times. I live in the Chicago area and found the wave 2 legends and deluxes at Walmart when they were first being reported as out (Jan/Feb?). I travel a bit for work and was fortunate to find the prime masters in southeast Michigan at a Target in March, and found Rodimus Unicronus at a Walmart in Shreveport, LA the same month. I haven't seen any of them a second time until just recently seeing an Alpha Trion prime master at Walmart this week.

Any way you look at it, something weird happened with Wave 2. There is no way they ran a normal production run and sold them all out that quickly, unless one (or more) of the retailers has a giant supply in a warehouse waiting for all the wave 1 shelf warmers to be bought, which I highly doubt.

That is why I'm glad I jumped on the BBTS preorder for everything I want from wave 3 at just slightly above retail and super cheap shipping (except for Monkey Prime). If I do luck out and find them in stores, I'll just cancel the preorder. Monkey Prime I'll hope to find in stores, but if not, I'm okay with skipping him.

Not necessarily in response to your exact post(so forgive the context of mine) but wave two was weird. Except in my case I would routinely find only certain size classes available depending on where I was. One Walmart or Target may not have any, another may only have the leader class, while the very next may have deluxes and so and so forth. The only constant that I saw was, no prime masters. I just only recently found Alchemist Prime and Alpha Trion. That was really weird. I feel like they would be the most heavily ordered size class due to price point alone.
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Blast Off to Be Release in July, Preorders Now Online (1966022)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on June 21st, 2018 @ 10:55pm CDT
gothsaurus wrote:I'd swear that it is a black and white shuttle peeking through that purple crayon. Putting it out there so I can say "I told ya so" later. :lol:

That's the cockpit. We already have the art plus approximate deco:

Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Blast Off to Be Release in July, Preorders Now Online (1966026)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on June 22nd, 2018 @ 12:25am CDT
mordhelm wrote:Sorry to bring this topic back up, but does anyone know where wave 2 deluxes and voyagers actually went?

I see the usual 3rd party amazon sellers have then for double to triple price.

I never saw them in any NW ohio store, and they appeared once at various stores in SE michigan, then huge restocks of wave 1. I snagged them when I saw them, so I am not concerned for myself, but something is definitely weird this time around.

This has never happened with an early Generations wave before to me.

I wonder if anyone could press on the hasbro guys at SDCC as to what the difference is, especially since a lot of the local store shelves are empty of generations figures.

Keep in mind this is a rumor BUT according to a Walmart stock manager Hasbro is holding back on stock until TRU finishes liquidation. I think it has to do with making sure that figures don't go for clearance prices.
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Blast Off to Be Release in July, Preorders Now Online (1966036)
Posted by ZeroWolf on June 22nd, 2018 @ 3:29am CDT
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Blast Off to Be Release in July, Preorders Now Online (1966045)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on June 22nd, 2018 @ 8:39am CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:But hasbro would have got the money from the retailer wouldn't they? The toys being sold on clearance wouldn't have any effect on their bottom line, just the store.

If Hasbro was shipping toys to TRU on credit, and TRU goes into bankruptcy, then Hasbro would still be waiting to receive their money. I'm not 100% sure how that would affect clearance pricing though.
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Blast Off to Be Release in July, Preorders Now Online (1966048)
Posted by Randomhero on June 22nd, 2018 @ 8:52am CDT
Wireless_Phantom wrote:Yes! Now I can make my CW Blastoff a limb for another combiner!

I renamed mine skyblast and made him a limb for Starscream. Him, Windsweepet, dreadwind and Darkwing as his own true brigade to me.

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "New Kre-O Transformers Galvatron Factory Battle Optimus Bumblebee A6952 Open Box" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers RobotsIn Disguise Megatronus 12" 5 Step Changer 2015" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Headmaster Alpha Trion" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage 1985 Transformers G1 BLASTER BOOM BOX Autobot" on EBAY
Buy "Kre-O Transformers Galvatron Factory Battle Optimus Prime Kreo A6952 Read" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybetron Generations Selects Shattered Glass SG Ratchet" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Original G1 Terrorcon Cutthroat for Abominus 1987" on EBAY