Transformers Power of the Primes Blastoff Packaging Art Leaked

Transformers News: Transformers Power of the Primes Blastoff Packaging Art Leaked

Friday, January 12th, 2018 10:34AM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: D-Maximus_Prime   Views: 11,793

Thanks to a heads up from Seibertronian Autobot N, we have further word on the previously rumored Power of the Primes Blastoff. As you might remember, Blastoff was first rumored when the back packaging and bios for the wave 2 and 3 voyagers were shown off, and the image showed the back of his car with the figure almost entirely scribbled out, not unlike some of the Studio Series leaks. While the figure has merely been a rumor, and the image was subjected to heavy scrutiny and it was unsure if it was fake or not, we now have further information that may confirm the rumor is true.

The new image comes to us from Weibo user 淘宝店变形金刚改造工厂, and it shows off Blastoff in his alt mode, flying through the sky in shuttle mode. The image also uses a similar background as the rest of the Power of the Primes packaging arts, making a strong case that this figure is in fact coming. While we don't have any more information regarding the figure, it is possible that Blastoff will be a May Mayhem exclusive, much like the previous Groove. Also like Groove, the packaging art suggests it may be a straight re-release of the Takara paint job.

Check out the image below, and let us know what you think in the comments section below!

Credit(s): 淘宝店变形金刚改造工厂 on weibo
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Blastoff Packaging Art Leaked (1931154)
Posted by Lunatic Prime on January 12th, 2018 @ 10:42am CST
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:

No, it doesn't:

Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Blastoff Packaging Art Leaked (1931156)
Posted by Quantum Surge on January 12th, 2018 @ 10:44am CST
Goodbye, necessity for a Unite Warriors purchase!
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Blastoff Packaging Art Leaked (1931158)
Posted by steals_your_goats on January 12th, 2018 @ 10:44am CST
Lunatic Prime wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:

No, it doesn't:

Yeah I only noticed this now even though I own the Takara one. I'm less disappointed now. My big thing was I thought it was exactly the same and I was hoping the colors were different so he could be a different character.
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Blastoff Packaging Art Leaked (1931159)
Posted by carytheone on January 12th, 2018 @ 10:49am CST
Sabrblade wrote:
Lunatic Prime wrote:
steals_your_goats wrote:
Autobot N wrote:

Honestly it's pretty disappointing that it's the same colors as the unite warriors one.

Why is that disappointing?
Because made Blast Off's brown too orange.
Agreed, I hope it's the same lovely shade of brown as jet Blast-off. I also hope the figure matches the art with brown from stem to stern. That chunk of purple on the Takara release never looked right just like the weird shade of brown they used. Hopefully grey/gunmetal booster toes as well.

I wonder it he will come with a CW or PotP fist and if the latter will there be retooling to allow for prime armor integration? :-?
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Blastoff Packaging Art Leaked (1931165)
Posted by Deadput on January 12th, 2018 @ 11:05am CST
After how many times things have been leaked and been very true how many people will continue to exclaim fake every time there is visible proof?

How the hell does Hasbro keep letting these things happen anyways?
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Blastoff Packaging Art Leaked (1931166)
Posted by zodconvoy on January 12th, 2018 @ 11:07am CST
As of yesterday I have picked up:
Jazz, Dread wind, Swoop, Slag, Beachcomber, Windcharger, Slash, Metalhawk, Skullgrin, Claudburst, Starscream, Grimlock, and Optimus Prime.

Who was the one figure I actually have been hunting for while I found all of those?

RODIMUS FLIPPIN' PRIME

Kinda bothering me. :rodimusstar:
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Blastoff Packaging Art Leaked (1931168)
Posted by kurthy on January 12th, 2018 @ 11:10am CST
steals_your_goats wrote:

For anyone that owns both Baldigus and UW Bruticus, is Mover just turning the head around or is there some additional tooling? Also, do the feet stay together better than Blast off?

Mainly, I'm interested in whether they'll go with the Mover version or Blast off version. I've already got UW Bruticus so it wouldn't be a pressing desire for me unless I want a different color for Blast off.
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Blastoff Packaging Art Leaked (1931169)
Posted by bodrock on January 12th, 2018 @ 11:12am CST
Lunatic Prime wrote:Mine as well together with (Optimal) Optimus Pirmal. I'll definitely make an Abominus because I don't like Hungurrr's other modes anyway and the Torso looks awesome. But I'm not sure if I want to use the others in their limb modes. Maybe he'll get some Stunticons, Combaticons the The Fallen as limbs.

Yes, Abominus torso is looking good! I like this sneak peak at Elita-1 as well.

I meant to pick-up TLK Infernocus just because I liked the individual little figures and their colors -- but prioritized hunting TR and PotP figures, I guess. I'd buy Cogman in a heartbeat, though.

Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Blastoff Packaging Art Leaked (1931173)
Posted by Lunatic Prime on January 12th, 2018 @ 11:19am CST
carytheone wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Lunatic Prime wrote:
steals_your_goats wrote:
Autobot N wrote:

Why is that disappointing?

Because made Blast Off's brown too orange.

I guess, it'll be a Prime armor because they release him in the PotP line and therefore they have to integrate either a 5 mm hole in his chest or some slots.
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Blastoff Packaging Art Leaked (1931175)
Posted by Lunatic Prime on January 12th, 2018 @ 11:20am CST
kurthy wrote:
steals_your_goats wrote:

I own neither of them but as far as I could see the arms are swapped so the hands are correct.
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Blastoff Packaging Art Leaked (1931177)
Posted by steals_your_goats on January 12th, 2018 @ 11:24am CST
kurthy wrote:
steals_your_goats wrote:

I own both and i don't have any of the problems with Movor that I do with Blast off (head popping off and not staying tabbed together in arm mode)
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Blastoff Packaging Art Leaked (1931179)
Posted by D-Maximus_Prime on January 12th, 2018 @ 11:26am CST
I'm hoping my Grimlock, Starscream, slug, Swoop, and Dreadwind come today. The shipping info slowed down, but I'm excited for Grim after Cobotrons pictures!
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Blastoff Packaging Art Leaked (1931182)
Posted by Lunatic Prime on January 12th, 2018 @ 11:37am CST
bodrock wrote:
Lunatic Prime wrote:
bodrock wrote:The Terrorcons are my most anticipated group of characters from PotP!

I like this sneak peak at Elita-1 as well.
Looks definitely better than King Starscream.

bodrock wrote:I meant to pick-up TLK Infernocus just because I liked the individual little figures and their colors -- but prioritized hunting TR and PotP figures, I guess.
You wouldn't regret it ;)

bodrock wrote:I'd buy Cogman in a heartbeat, though.
Same for him.

bodrock wrote:My Galvatron is 3p -- DX9's Tyrant! He actually came with two cannons, and one of them has sparkly flakes in it to give it that G1 look. I'm hoping there's an Evolution Megatron planned for PotP...but I won't hold my breath.
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Blastoff Packaging Art Leaked (1931185)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on January 12th, 2018 @ 11:51am CST
Lunatic Prime wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:

No, it doesn't:

I wonder if Hasbro will use the Blast Off orientation, or the Shuttler one:

Only difference is the arm assembly, really...

Either way, it should retain the latter's retooling to make the head less prone to popping off. As for the HFG piece... I hope it's a CW one, but I wouldn't mind the PotP one: I'd just need to find jet Blast Off and switch them :lol:
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Blastoff Packaging Art Leaked (1931188)
Posted by Lunatic Prime on January 12th, 2018 @ 12:00pm CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

I wonder if Hasbro will use the Blast Off orientation, or the Shuttler one:

Only difference is the arm assembly, really...

As :HASBRO: goes for toy accuracy I could see them doing the Movor orientation because of the flat chest. Another good reason would be to be more different from :TAKARATOMY:'s version.

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:As for the HFG piece... I hope it's a CW one, but I wouldn't mind the PotP one: I'd just need to find jet Blast Off and switch them :lol:
Why do you prefer the CW one?
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Blastoff Packaging Art Leaked (1931190)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on January 12th, 2018 @ 12:04pm CST
Lunatic Prime wrote:
Why do you prefer the CW one?

Why else? Consistency with the other Combaticon limbs :lol:

*grumbles at only having Onslaught*
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Blastoff Packaging Art Leaked (1931193)
Posted by steals_your_goats on January 12th, 2018 @ 12:19pm CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Lunatic Prime wrote:
Why do you prefer the CW one?

Why else? Consistency with the other Combaticon limbs :lol:

*grumbles at only having Onslaught*

Well according to the leaks he'll have his unite warriors hfg as well as an exclusive translucent Megatronus prime master and decoy suit
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Blastoff Packaging Art Leaked (1931195)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on January 12th, 2018 @ 12:25pm CST
steals_your_goats wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Lunatic Prime wrote:
Why do you prefer the CW one?

Why else? Consistency with the other Combaticon limbs :lol:

*grumbles at only having Onslaught*

We did see a different colored Megatronus, didn't we? Of note: he's likely a retool of Liege Maximo because the arms match in design.
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Blastoff Packaging Art Leaked (1931196)
Posted by bodrock on January 12th, 2018 @ 12:32pm CST
Lunatic Prime wrote:I know this figure and the accessories but in that angle and light the cannon looked especially energetic :michaelbay:

LOL, he's pretty photogenic! I prefer the other cannon, but the G1-ness made me give him this one for the photos with Rodimus. :rodimusstarhalf:

I missed out on Bruticus during CW as well, so seeing space-ship Blast Off is tempting me to try and obtain them....I was actually hoping I'd be able to hunt down Fruiticus a couple of years ago when the CW sets were showing up at Ross and other discount sellers. This last Xmas was kinda crappy for bargain-hunting.
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Blastoff Packaging Art Leaked (1931197)
Posted by o.supreme on January 12th, 2018 @ 12:42pm CST
I enjoy having UW Blastoff despite his flaws. But could you imagine tat chest, and add a PotP accessory chest on top of that... :shock: . :lol:

Anyway, my patience has paid off. The Target layout that was done a couple days ago near my home was *somewhat* stocked today. They had pretty much everything except leaders. So I had my first sighting of Voyagers yay!, and picked up Grimlock. I wont have time to unpackage him until later, but still it was good to see them all on shelves. Now that :TAKARATOMY: is no longer a factor, I can plan accordingly. My remaining wants for wave 1 are Voyager Starscream, and Deluxe Swoop, Slag, and Jazz. If I get one per paycheck, that will spread things out nicely until wave 2 starts hitting shelves.
Transformers products from AMAZON