Transformers Power of the Primes Deluxe Wreck-Gar Revealed

Transformers News: Transformers Power of the Primes Deluxe Wreck-Gar Revealed

Friday, March 9th, 2018 8:40AM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 18,514

We had reported a listing for an upcoming deluxe Wreck-Gar last year in July and only now do we finally have a look at the figure (and further proof at its existence).

Manterax Prime gave us word of this toy appearing on the Transformers page of a Russian version of Facebook with tulips and the Russian word for "March" boldly written in front of him. Definitely an odd way to announce a product.

Manterax Prime wrote:Courtesy of Appolo16 on TFW and the Russian social network Vkontakte, we have our first look at the supposed Walgreens Exclusive Power of the Primes Wreck-Gar.

Credit to TFW's own Nevermore for finding the original source on Vkontakte.

In the image below you can see that he uses the Combiner Wars Groove mold with a new head. This now brings the tally up to four confirmed non dinobot autobot limbs in Power of the Primes that could be given to the Elita-1 combiner.

Transformers News: Transformers Power of the Primes Deluxe Wreck-Gar Revealed

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Deluxe Wreck-Gar Revealed (1944960)
Posted by Flashwave on March 9th, 2018 @ 8:44am CST
Meh. I am quite happy with my Generations and dont need a WreckHar combiner. Someone can have mine.
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Deluxe Wreck-Gar Revealed (1944961)
Posted by Quantum Surge on March 9th, 2018 @ 8:52am CST

You know what we could have gotten out of this Groove mold? TITANS RETURN SIDEWAYS!
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Deluxe Wreck-Gar Revealed (1944968)
Posted by Randomhero on March 9th, 2018 @ 9:28am CST
I can dig it
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Deluxe Wreck-Gar Revealed (1944969)
Posted by o.supreme on March 9th, 2018 @ 9:29am CST

I guess just like Groove and Groove Jr. (my CW Legends Groove), now I'll have Wreck-Gar & WGJr. :lol: though they wont even be on the same team
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Deluxe Wreck-Gar Revealed (1944970)
Posted by Randomhero on March 9th, 2018 @ 9:29am CST
Quantum Surge wrote:At first, I was hoping to see if it'd make a great substitute for Wreck-Gar because I can't find the RTS one for a good price. Then I saw that it was a CW Groove mold, and I don't think it works well for WG. Shame because Wreck-Gar is one of my few favorite characters in the G1 cartoon.

Beast machines Thrust too!

Uprising did it
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Deluxe Wreck-Gar Revealed (1944971)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on March 9th, 2018 @ 9:35am CST
Underwhelming indeedy. But I might be game for this figure if of the flower's an accessory. I know it's not but wishful thinking.
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Deluxe Wreck-Gar Revealed (1944980)
Posted by steals_your_goats on March 9th, 2018 @ 10:01am CST
o.supreme wrote:well, that's underwhelming, but at this point, ill take any limb that assists to finishing off the incomplete combiners. No word on who will offer the exclusive, or price point yet...???

It's a Walgreen's exclusive. It was found in their computers months ago and it should be standard deluxe price.
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Deluxe Wreck-Gar Revealed (1944985)
Posted by ZeroWolf on March 9th, 2018 @ 10:15am CST
So it's not getting a higher price for an exclusive then? Intriguing
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Deluxe Wreck-Gar Revealed (1944987)
Posted by Munkky on March 9th, 2018 @ 10:18am CST
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Deluxe Wreck-Gar Revealed (1944990)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on March 9th, 2018 @ 10:21am CST
ZeroWolf wrote:So it's not getting a higher price for an exclusive then? Intriguing

Not really, TR Brainstorm didn't get an exclusive price and was also a Walgreen's exclusive. Exact same scenario here. Now Walgreen's price will vary from store to store, but that will be the same for all deluxes, not just the exclusives. Should be in the $18 to $20 range depending on the location and how much they charge for deluxes.
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Deluxe Wreck-Gar Revealed (1944992)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on March 9th, 2018 @ 10:23am CST
Munkky wrote:It doesn't look too bad, I hope it comes packed with one of the unaccounted for Prime Masters, either Prima, Nexus Prime or Amalgamous Prime. If it does I'll definitely buy one, but even if it doesn't I may still stick it on my Lynxmaster.

If it is Walgreen's, then I'm guessing it will just be a standard deluxe, same packaging and unfortunately no extras. Just like Brainstorm was.
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Deluxe Wreck-Gar Revealed (1944993)
Posted by ZeroWolf on March 9th, 2018 @ 10:23am CST
TF-fan kev777 wrote:

Thanks for the information :-D
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Deluxe Wreck-Gar Revealed (1944995)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on March 9th, 2018 @ 10:29am CST
o.supreme wrote:now I'll have Wreck-Gar & WGJr.

Do what I did and throw a couple decepticon toyhax stickers over his autobot emblems and give him to Megatronia's team. The color works amazing in combined mode and completes the missing highlighter color going on with the limbs.

I call mine Jester (Joker was too Batman-ish) to go with the card theme, he's basically their toady.
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Deluxe Wreck-Gar Revealed (1944996)
Posted by Rated X on March 9th, 2018 @ 10:30am CST
Yes its G2 Groove to go with POTP G2 Hotspot. Cmon shapeways guys, scan the heads so it can happen !
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Deluxe Wreck-Gar Revealed (1945003)
Posted by Relic0037 on March 9th, 2018 @ 11:07am CST
I guess I will get him to add to my collection of Junkions & to have as an extra combiner limb option like I did picking up Rook & CW Blastoff after getting UW Defensor & Bruticus. Too bad it's an exclusive, so that will make it a bit more of a pain to acquire than it needs to be.
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Deluxe Wreck-Gar Revealed (1945008)
Posted by william-james88 on March 9th, 2018 @ 11:14am CST

The only time an exclusive deluxe was more expensive was because it came with more stuff, like TR ARcee wth extra Magnus. But the hgher price is because it comes with more stuff, not because its exclusive.
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Deluxe Wreck-Gar Revealed (1945014)
Posted by Cyrano on March 9th, 2018 @ 11:31am CST
william-james88 wrote:

Kinda, at least. As recently as last year TRU was charging $19.99 for Skullitron and flying wing Megatron despite everywhere (in my experience TRU included) going for $16ish on normal TLK deluxes. Also, it seems like a tough argument that Arcee and Grotusque don’t have a markup; sure they come with more, but one Titan Master can’t really be said to be worth the $9 difference when the Titan Master + drone sets are $5.
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Deluxe Wreck-Gar Revealed (1945018)
Posted by RodimusConvoy13 on March 9th, 2018 @ 11:34am CST
Cyrano wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

TRU sold all TLK deluxes for 19.99. As did all retailers at first except for Walmart.
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Deluxe Wreck-Gar Revealed (1945020)
Posted by o.supreme on March 9th, 2018 @ 11:36am CST
william-james88 wrote: Has it ever happened in the US that an exclusive was more expensive than non exclusive toys in the same line?

I could be wrong, but IIRC all the May mayhem releases for CW (Quicksling, Breakneck, and Groove), were initially more expensive than standard deluxes which were $15 at the time. I know the first 2 sold out quickly so after market prices went through the roof. Groove was actually released multiple times, and at one point had a price point almost identical to retail, but still always slightly more

Additionally yeah the TRU TR Arcee and Grotusque. Most retailers had TR Deluxe around $15, even if you consider TRU prices around $18 and add the partially Die Cast TM, one wonders if its worth $6-$8 for that alone...
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Deluxe Wreck-Gar Revealed (1945026)
Posted by steals_your_goats on March 9th, 2018 @ 11:42am CST
o.supreme wrote:

The May mayhem deluxe's were the same price as the regular retail figures I got all three of them for around $16 a piece.
Transformers products from AMAZON