Transformers Power of the Primes Inferno found at US Retail

Transformers News: Transformers Power of the Primes Inferno found at US Retail

Friday, May 25th, 2018 11:07PM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 17,371

If you find this toy please let the community know through our sightings forum and sightings page.

Transformers News: Transformers Power of the Primes Inferno found at US Retail
Credit(s): Eddy
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Inferno found at US Retail (1961591)
Posted by Bounti76 on May 25th, 2018 @ 11:12pm CDT
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Inferno found at US Retail (1961593)
Posted by william-james88 on May 25th, 2018 @ 11:20pm CDT
Bounti76 wrote:I'm still holding out hope for a G2 Defensor. Inferno doesn't look enough like G2 Hot Spot in any mode to work as a good stand-in.

You still holding out hope for Takara's Liokaiser as well? :-P
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Inferno found at US Retail (1961594)
Posted by Bounti76 on May 25th, 2018 @ 11:29pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:

You still holding out hope for Takara's Liokaiser as well? :-P

Actually, no. :lol: I've never been big at all into Japanese G1 (save for their having had Minerva), so I'm happy with Hasbro's.
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Inferno found at US Retail (1961596)
Posted by fenrir72 on May 25th, 2018 @ 11:37pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:We should keep an eye on Jazz and his subliminal messaging ;)

Make Autobots Great Again? What's so wrong with that? :lol:

I'd take that over Decepticons Aren't Really Killers? 8-}
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Inferno found at US Retail (1961598)
Posted by Emerje on May 25th, 2018 @ 11:52pm CDT
bacem wrote:i just hope all those money saved goes to the right direction.

I know all the money I've saved has been going in the right direction. Bought a completely new bed (mattress, frame, bedding, the works) and a carpet cleaner. :lol:

Emerje
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Inferno found at US Retail (1961606)
Posted by fenrir72 on May 26th, 2018 @ 1:34am CDT
bacem wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:I wonder how much takara are saving by going this route, this may have been initiated by hasbro (conspiracy to increase domestic sales) but this route may work out beneficial to Takara. Also if it means the west are getting the same masterpieces, that's good news isn't it?

i imagine a lot, really. in previous cases, they have different deco and boxes than hasbro, so they just imported the unpainted mold from hasbro, and then repaint it themself, and then print their own packaging. in this new case, not only does there's no need to repaint the figures, if you pay attention, the japanese name on the packaging is just stickers, that just slapped over hasbro's packaging to cover hasbro logo. means they literally just imported hasbro product as is and slapped stickers on the box. the cost of paints and packagings are now replaced by cost for small stickers only. that should save a lot, really. i just hope all those money saved goes to the right direction.

Bro' Same China/Vietnam factories Nothing imported from Hb. Just different job orders. . At least back then. Now we have the unified product roll out.(six month delay for the JP market)

As for the costs going down, the reports that Takara/Tomy having financial troubles might just be one of the reasons why they caved so fast and went for the unification business model.

The other reason is that the JPs aren't making too many kids for their kids toylines. Only manchildren are the ones buying 8-}
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Inferno found at US Retail (1961619)
Posted by ZeroWolf on May 26th, 2018 @ 2:44am CDT
fenrir72 wrote:
bacem wrote:

Well that's a problem only the Japanese can solve (maybe they should let a few more immigrants in if the locals aren't reproducing)

Anyways...I'm quite taken by this inferno, I do have fun with the hotspot mold. If he makes his way to the UK I may pick him up.
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Inferno found at US Retail (1961623)
Posted by Qwan on May 26th, 2018 @ 4:38am CDT

Take care with yours! Maybe shave down those pegs so they don't lock in as securely; that way there'll be less stress and they hopefully won't be as likely to snap? (I knew it was never a good idea to make such vast expanses of the toy out of clear plastic...)

Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Inferno found at US Retail (1961624)
Posted by Hotconvoy on May 26th, 2018 @ 4:44am CDT
Qwan wrote:PSA: I just noticed my Power of the Primes Jazz is BROKEN. It's those pointy bits behind his shoulders, one is snapped off and the other has a crack and is clearly not going to hold up much longer. He's been in a box with other Transformers so maybe the weight was part of it, but the constant pegging and unpegging of transformation is clearly exerting a lot of stress on those parts as well... the side that's not already snapped bends worryingly when I transform him now.

Owch, sorry to hear it.
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Inferno found at US Retail (1961629)
Posted by RodimusConvoy13 on May 26th, 2018 @ 5:29am CDT
william-james88 wrote:It seems like the gods answered the US fans' laments of not finding anything new at retail and dropped the very last wave of Power of the Primes Voyagers on us before half the year is over. This is great news to anyone looking for Power of the Primes Inferno. Though it means the wait for the next Generations voyagers will be longer (we don't even know what that will be yet). Inferno was found at Target in Modesto California (largest city of Stanislaus County) by TF fan Eddy.

Modesto, CA has a much bigger claim to fame than being the largest city in Stanislaus County. It is the birthplace of George Lucas! ;)
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Inferno found at US Retail (1961631)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 26th, 2018 @ 6:25am CDT
And yet the only wave 2 stuff ive found was the Voyagers at my local comic shop three months ago.

Seriously, what the frig is the problem getting them here?!
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Inferno found at US Retail (1961636)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on May 26th, 2018 @ 6:42am CDT
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Inferno found at US Retail (1961647)
Posted by Moonshot on May 26th, 2018 @ 9:43am CDT
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Inferno found at US Retail (1961652)
Posted by Munkky on May 26th, 2018 @ 10:42am CDT
Moonshot wrote:So far Ive only bought Jazz, Phoenix, WIndchager and Metalhawk. What Im really waiting for and excited about is wave 3. All the Pretenders and Primal in wave 3 have me pumped, nothing left in wave 2 I want. I was in High School during Beast Wars so collecting Transformers was the last thing on my mind. New molds of Beast Wars characters are always welcomed.

Same here, I've decided I'm not getting the Terrorcons, so at this point I'm just twiddling my thumbs until Optimal Optimus becomes available. The only things from wave 2 I still want are Snarl and Elita-1, though I may just hold on and get them at TFNation in August.
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Inferno found at US Retail (1961655)
Posted by DeathReviews on May 26th, 2018 @ 12:17pm CDT
So where is "Disco" Inferno...?
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Inferno found at US Retail (1961667)
Posted by Emerje on May 26th, 2018 @ 2:31pm CDT
Carnivius_Prime wrote:Kind of a boring repaint figure. Inferno/Grapple had such a unique look in G1 that it seems only the MP figures even bothered to do them justice.

Not a fan of the Universe mold? It's the best CHUG interpretation we'll probably ever get.

Emerje
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Inferno found at US Retail (1961695)
Posted by WreckerJack on May 26th, 2018 @ 6:31pm CDT
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Inferno found at US Retail (1961696)
Posted by is456 on May 26th, 2018 @ 6:33pm CDT
<!-- ia0 -->4bc4c1ca7bcb0a4641d996a96763f6246a60af5a.jpg<!-- ia0 -->

<!-- ia1 -->816b06385343fbf2618bbbb3bc7eca8064388fb6.jpg<!-- ia1 -->
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Inferno found at US Retail (1961704)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on May 26th, 2018 @ 6:57pm CDT
WreckerJack wrote:I already have Pyra Magna but I am tempted. Rescue Vehicles are my weakness (along with french fries!)

The saltier the better ;)

I'm tempted too to be honest, because I have a soft spot for Hot Spot... That just sounds odd. Plus, I got a repurpose idea thanks to a Korean KO animation. You all know which one.
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Inferno found at US Retail (1961706)
Posted by WreckerJack on May 26th, 2018 @ 7:21pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

The saltier the better ;)

I am not farmiliar with him as a character, but he looks like a friendly sort. Looks like he was in the IDW comics breifly but also featured in some of the old Marvel comics. I know he was in G1 but I don't recall the episode too much. I'll re-watch it one of these days though, maybe once I am done catching up on the Wrecker's series. (Which I hope to finish this weekend so I can read Requiem as soon as possible.)
Transformers products from AMAZON