Transformers Power of the Primes Legend Duocon Battletrap confirmed

Transformers News: Transformers Power of the Primes Legend Duocon Battletrap confirmed

Thursday, December 28th, 2017 6:44AM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 21,890

A brief update to our previous story on the second wave of Legends class figures from the Transformers Power of the Primes toyline, and thanks again to Planet Iacon's Facebook page mirroring from the original source. Apparently, the new molds for Roadtrap and Battleslash figures can indeed combine, making the G1 Duocon homage complete - though we still have no idea whether Flywheels will be made or appear in any form in the future. The speculation is up to us now.

Take a look at the images below, showing how they form the two parts of the bigger robot - our friend Battletrap - and let us know what you think in the Energon Pub discussion boards!

Credit(s): Planet Iacon
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Legend Duocon Battletrap confirmed (1928510)
Posted by Tigertrack on December 28th, 2017 @ 6:58am CST
I love Battleslash's arm blade...

Combined mode looks good. Individual modes look good too! Approval stamped!
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Legend Duocon Battletrap confirmed (1928512)
Posted by Emerje on December 28th, 2017 @ 7:17am CST

BTW, the one local Walmart that's had the wave 1 Legends for a week and a half now still has four Windchargers, one Shrapnel and nothing else. Not a good sign for 'Charger.

Emerje
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Legend Duocon Battletrap confirmed (1928513)
Posted by Mindmaster on December 28th, 2017 @ 7:28am CST
Battletrap is one of the coolest things that could happen in this line. If the helicopter propeller can be used as a sword, he’ll be my favorite thing of all of 2018.

Bring on Flywheels!
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Legend Duocon Battletrap confirmed (1928514)
Posted by bodrock on December 28th, 2017 @ 7:35am CST
I need all 3 of those, having not owned any previous versions. Those duocons look especially good!
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Legend Duocon Battletrap confirmed (1928515)
Posted by cruizerdave on December 28th, 2017 @ 7:41am CST
Here I thought I was about done with my collection and they pull that out!
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Legend Duocon Battletrap confirmed (1928517)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on December 28th, 2017 @ 7:48am CST
Well at least that Battletrap shows a lil more creativity. And the combined form is a very nice upgrade for him (I reeeeally didn't like that recent one using the Springer mold...) but having to buy two lil figures to basically make the old character is a tad irritating and I don't find the individual robots very appealing at all.
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Legend Duocon Battletrap confirmed (1928518)
Posted by LordTwann on December 28th, 2017 @ 8:07am CST
This is awesome, the original wasn’t perfect but it was still one of my favorites. So do we think we’ll see a Crankcase remold off of this?
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Legend Duocon Battletrap confirmed (1928521)
Posted by partholon on December 28th, 2017 @ 8:41am CST
Talk about having your head up your arse !

:D

still ive great fondess for the duocons so i'll be picking up this and the expected flywheels.
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Legend Duocon Battletrap confirmed (1928522)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 28th, 2017 @ 8:42am CST
Burn wrote:And we all thought Powerlinking was dead ...
Crash Combiners brought it back first. ;)
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Legend Duocon Battletrap confirmed (1928523)
Posted by Albatross250 on December 28th, 2017 @ 8:47am CST
IS THAT ATTLETRAP? :-D
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Legend Duocon Battletrap confirmed (1928526)
Posted by Albatross250 on December 28th, 2017 @ 9:05am CST
the combining of those two reminds me of this Minicon Trio:
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Legend Duocon Battletrap confirmed (1928531)
Posted by Cobotron on December 28th, 2017 @ 9:58am CST
Burn wrote:
bacem wrote:
Burn wrote:And we all thought Powerlinking was dead ...

except that the position can't be swapped.

It's Powerlinking of sorts. It helps distract from the fact Roadtrap basically sticks his head up Battleslash's butt.
(You're all welcome for that image in your head!)
So that would make Battleslash an ... ass hat? :-?

:lol:

These guys look awesome. Always exciting to have something to look forward to.
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Legend Duocon Battletrap confirmed (1928534)
Posted by Albatross250 on December 28th, 2017 @ 10:42am CST
Emerje wrote:This is the wave I've been most looking forward to so I wont be surprised at all if it doesn't show up in my area. Hopefully Battleslash survives longer than the G1 helicopter half I had as a kid which exploded one time when I combined the two halves. Now I wonder what they'll call the two halves of Flywheels?

Emerje

Flyby?
GrindWheels?
:HEADHURTS:
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Legend Duocon Battletrap confirmed (1928536)
Posted by bodrock on December 28th, 2017 @ 10:47am CST
Cobotron wrote:
Burn wrote:
bacem wrote:
Burn wrote:And we all thought Powerlinking was dead ...

except that the position can't be swapped.

(You're all welcome for that image in your head!)
So that would make Battleslash an ... ass hat? :-?

:lol:

These guys look awesome. Always exciting to have something to look forward to.

<!-- ia0 -->IMG_9603.JPG<!-- ia0 -->I'm more excited for these Legends than their Leaders.
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Legend Duocon Battletrap confirmed (1928537)
Posted by o.supreme on December 28th, 2017 @ 10:55am CST
Now, I know this may be jumping ahead a bit...but, even though the Legends Battleclash & Roadtrap combiner (Battletrap) is not reversible...I wonder if they will be engineered to be able to *swap* with the Flywheels components? I'm thinking similar to Sky Shadow & Overlords ability to swap pants ;) :-? .
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Legend Duocon Battletrap confirmed (1928539)
Posted by Skritz on December 28th, 2017 @ 11:01am CST

So, now that we got Legends-class figures jamming up into each others...erm...interface port, think we're going to see some remake of Micromasters figures?
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Legend Duocon Battletrap confirmed (1928541)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 28th, 2017 @ 11:15am CST
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Legend Duocon Battletrap confirmed (1928543)
Posted by kurthy on December 28th, 2017 @ 11:17am CST
Skritz wrote:Well, Battletrap surprisingly managed to live up to my expectations. Its quite an interesting remake of the Duocon and one which manage to look shockingly accurate to his old G1 art even with the new gimmick of giving his two halves a robot mode. He's also now, technically, an itty-bitty legends class two-man combiner and that's adorable and novel.

Well, so far they've done:
City bots
Combiners
Headmasters
Powermaster
Targetmasters
Pretenders
Duocons
Beast formers

The only things really left are action masters and micromasters. Maybe breastforce? Brain masters?
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Legend Duocon Battletrap confirmed (1928544)
Posted by o.supreme on December 28th, 2017 @ 11:21am CST
Sabrblade wrote:Does anyone else kinda wish that Battletrap and Flywheels had originally had their names switched so that the one made up of more obviously battle-based vehicles (the fighter jet and tank) had been named "Battletrap", while the one with the more obviously visible wheels (on the truck), rather than treads, had been named "Flywheels"?

YES 100%. As a kid I had the original Flywheels, (I thought the Tank/Jet was better than the Helicopter/Truck)but I always got there names confused. Funny because I don't get Topspin or Twin Twist confused (Probably because I associate Twist=drill missiles). But I still get Runamuck and Runabout confused... ;)
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Legend Duocon Battletrap confirmed (1928545)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 28th, 2017 @ 11:31am CST
o.supreme wrote:

For Runabout and Runamuck for me, I think of "muck" as being like an icky black substance, but then I remember that it's the opposite-colored guy with the "muck"-sounding name.

As for Battletrap and Flywheels, I feel it's worth mentioning that, in their debut episode of The Headmasters, their name captions were indeed switched on the screen, labeling the jet/tank guy as "Battletrap" and the truck/helicopter guy as "Flywheel" (no "S" in the Japanese name). :lol:

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #205 - Ship Wrecked