Transformers Power of the Primes Optimal Optimus found at Target in the US

Transformers Power of the Primes Optimal Optimus found at Target in the US

Tuesday, November 13th, 2018 12:28pm CST

Categories: Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 20,473

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

More good news for all those looking for leader Optimal Optimus. Our own Seibertronian Bodrock found him at his local Target in Beaverton, Oregon. He says they also had "Rodimus, Optimus and Unicronus, but only one Optimal", which makes sense since Optimal Optimus comes repacked with Rodimus.
He was $45 USD. While this final leader class toy from POTP was also available at Walmart.com and Hasbro Toy Shop, him being found at a Target store means that every single release in the mainline has been available at retail, with multiple options to purchase (where and how). This is better than every other Transformers toyline of the recent past, where final waves and figures were often skipped.

This means that Hasbro's decision to have sublines last only 1 year did have a positive impact on distribution. This bodes well for Siege and the rest of the new War for Cybertron trilogy.

Transformers News: Transformers Power of the Primes Optimal Optimus found at Target in the US


News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Optimal Optimus found at Target in the US (1993932)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on November 13th, 2018 @ 12:40pm CST
william-james88 wrote:
bodrock wrote:Hey Will! He was $45 at my Beaverton, OR Target! They had Rodimus, Optimus and Unicronus, but only one Optimal.

How the hell is that city in America and not Canada?!


Isn't "Beaverton" the name of the town from the original "Teen Wolf" movie? :lol:
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Optimal Optimus found at Target in the US (1993933)
Posted by bodrock on November 13th, 2018 @ 12:43pm CST
Wolfman Jake wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
bodrock wrote:Hey Will! He was $45 at my Beaverton, OR Target! They had Rodimus, Optimus and Unicronus, but only one Optimal.

How the hell is that city in America and not Canada?!


Isn't "Beaverton" the name of the town from the original "Teen Wolf" movie? :lol:

Yes it is! Hollywood has been obsessed with Oregon for quite awhile -- no idea why :p
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Optimal Optimus found at Target in the US (1993934)
Posted by william-james88 on November 13th, 2018 @ 12:44pm CST
Wolfman Jake wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
bodrock wrote:Hey Will! He was $45 at my Beaverton, OR Target! They had Rodimus, Optimus and Unicronus, but only one Optimal.

How the hell is that city in America and not Canada?!


Isn't "Beaverton" the name of the town from the original "Teen Wolf" movie? :lol:

Well, his basketball team was the Beavers. And there is indeed a Beaverton in Canada, all hope is restored

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beaverton,_Ontario
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Optimal Optimus found at Target in the US (1993938)
Posted by o.supreme on November 13th, 2018 @ 12:58pm CST
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Optimal Optimus found at Target in the US (1993940)
Posted by Evil Eye on November 13th, 2018 @ 1:06pm CST
Regarding CW/POTP Demolishor, I personally would rather he was a retool of Brawl. Adjust the turret to give him the "quad-cannons" that can sit on his back and mimic/homage their position on his shoulders on the old toy without getting in the way, give him a new head, redeco him and you have a decent (if not perfect) Demolishor.

Though really what I want is a new mold that looks more the part released for Siege. :D
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Optimal Optimus found at Target in the US (1993942)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on November 13th, 2018 @ 1:16pm CST
Black Hat wrote:Regarding CW/POTP Demolishor, I personally would rather he was a retool of Brawl. Adjust the turret to give him the "quad-cannons" that can sit on his back and mimic/homage their position on his shoulders on the old toy without getting in the way, give him a new head, redeco him and you have a decent (if not perfect) Demolishor.

Though really what I want is a new mold that looks more the part released for Siege. :D


I'd be up for it, even if it's just for the sake of not seeing an unused design go to waste:

Image
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Optimal Optimus found at Target in the US (1993947)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on November 13th, 2018 @ 1:50pm CST
william-james88 wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
bodrock wrote:Hey Will! He was $45 at my Beaverton, OR Target! They had Rodimus, Optimus and Unicronus, but only one Optimal.

How the hell is that city in America and not Canada?!


Isn't "Beaverton" the name of the town from the original "Teen Wolf" movie? :lol:

Well, his basketball team was the Beavers. And there is indeed a Beaverton in Canada, all hope is restored

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beaverton,_Ontario


How many werewolves do you have in Beaverton, Canada, though? Do any of them own and operated their own hardware store?
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Optimal Optimus found at Target in the US (1993952)
Posted by bodrock on November 13th, 2018 @ 2:53pm CST
o.supreme wrote:
bodrock wrote:Yes it is! Hollywood has been obsessed with Oregon for quite awhile -- no idea why :p

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/0f8cb838-4 ... 9681ef6622
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/7de42274-5 ... b58845d776
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/d212687d-c ... 1cb90cb431


YESSS, classics like Short Circuit! And Goonies! If there's ever a movie made for Cline's ARMADA, it'd be in Orygun. ;)

We srsly got werewolves errywere in OR.
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Optimal Optimus found at Target in the US (1994003)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on November 13th, 2018 @ 9:55pm CST
In case there was any further doubt about the PotP Starscream mold combined torso mode being a movie Screamer homage, I had these guys placed this way on my table just casually and really started looking at the similarities, and they are many. Elita is based on Screamer, so it works.

I mean look, triangular robot torso, the cockpit loation, the tailfins as shoulders, the thrusters end up in almost the same areas too, skinny thighs, and you can put limbs from CW and PotP in chicken leg modes.

Image
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Optimal Optimus found at Target in the US (1994086)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on November 14th, 2018 @ 4:30pm CST
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:(...) and you can put limbs from CW and PotP in chicken leg modes.


I think you already had us at the body there. :lol:

Don't know if I should get Starscream, or Inferno. Elita's pretty much a given, but Starscream is a better fit for something I'm planning. Inferno... his problem is again, no suitable limbs except for Alpha Bravo and Rook.
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Optimal Optimus found at Target in the US (1994087)
Posted by no-one on November 14th, 2018 @ 4:36pm CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Inferno... his problem is again, no suitable limbs except for Alpha Bravo and Rook.
*cough*
Image
*cough*
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Optimal Optimus found at Target in the US (1994088)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on November 14th, 2018 @ 4:40pm CST
carytheone wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Inferno... his problem is again, no suitable limbs except for Alpha Bravo and Rook.
*cough*
Image
*cough*


... that aren't part of an established team or are spare members. ;)
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Optimal Optimus found at Target in the US (1994095)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on November 14th, 2018 @ 5:52pm CST
I think I figured out the limb thing should red Swoop and Ricochet some out. I will get 2 Swoops to put on Magnaboss (or find another blue one so they are different), remove my custom stickers from that Prowl and Sunstreaker, take Wreck Gar off Elita and replace him with Ricochet, and then find a 4th limb to go with Inferno, Sunstreaker, Prowl, and Wreck Gar.
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Optimal Optimus found at Target in the US (1994113)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on November 14th, 2018 @ 7:51pm CST
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:Ya know what, Elita wears these guys pretty dang good!

Image

Yes she does.

For my money, she also wears the Dinobots well if Grimlock is busy:
Image
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Optimal Optimus found at Target in the US (1994134)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on November 14th, 2018 @ 11:41pm CST
Forget Oregon, everyone! Minnesota has you covered for all your Optimal Optimus needs! I found this guy on my way home from work at the Target along University Ave. in St. Paul. I took a different route home from work tonight just to go by this Target, which I don't frequent, in case they had any Siege figures out. No luck there, but now I finally have a complete Power of the Primes collection, at last! It was very satisfying to find Optimal Optimus in "the wild," so to speak.

Image


There was only the one on the shelf, but there were also a couple of Rodimus Primes as well, his wave mate. There may have been a Rodimus Unicronus as well. He's been showing up a lot lately. If you spot some Rodimus Primes on the shelf, you might have just missed Optimal Optimus. Keep hunting! Good luck, everyone! :D
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Optimal Optimus found at Target in the US (1994139)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on November 15th, 2018 @ 2:06am CST
Congrats, Wolfman Jake
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Optimal Optimus found at Target in the US (1994168)
Posted by bodrock on November 15th, 2018 @ 10:55am CST
Wolfman Jake wrote:Forget Oregon, everyone! Minnesota has you covered for all your Optimal Optimus needs! I found this guy on my way home from work at the Target along University Ave. in St. Paul. I took a different route home from work tonight just to go by this Target, which I don't frequent, in case they had any Siege figures out. No luck there, but now I finally have a complete Power of the Primes collection, at last! It was very satisfying to find Optimal Optimus in "the wild," so to speak.

Image


There was only the one on the shelf, but there were also a couple of Rodimus Primes as well, his wave mate. There may have been a Rodimus Unicronus as well. He's been showing up a lot lately. If you spot some Rodimus Primes on the shelf, you might have just missed Optimal Optimus. Keep hunting! Good luck, everyone! :D


Congrats Wolfman! ;)

It's too bad Siege didn't make it over to your Targets, either.
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Optimal Optimus found at Target in the US (1994170)
Posted by joevill on November 15th, 2018 @ 11:03am CST
picked mine up from Walmart Ship2Store on Tuesday. It's on my work desk right now yet to play with it
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Optimal Optimus found at Target in the US (1994225)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on November 15th, 2018 @ 9:25pm CST
Good news for those still struggling to fine our fan vote Prime! Thanks to a heads up from DeathReviews, we have word that Hasbro Toy Shop once more has the Power of the Primes Optimal Optimus in stock! This figure has been one that has baffled and angered people with his very spotty distribution (as in, he has only just started showing up alongside the new Siege figures), and this may be one of your best opportunities to get him at retail price, with Siege beginning to overrun the pegs and stores like Walmart having stopped stocking Power of the Primes Leader figures after wave 1 or 2.

You can follow the above link to the Optimal Optimus page, or you can click the picture down below! He comes in at $49.99 before tax, so he qualifies for the free shipping from HTS as well. Let us know if you pick him up in the comments section below!

Image
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Optimal Optimus found at Target in the US (1994362)
Posted by DeathReviews on November 16th, 2018 @ 7:59pm CST
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:Good news for those still struggling to fine our fan vote Prime! Thanks to a heads up from DeathReviews, we have word that Hasbro Toy Shop once more has the Power of the Primes Optimal Optimus in stock! This figure has been one that has baffled and angered people with his very spotty distribution (as in, he has only just started showing up alongside the new Siege figures), and this may be one of your best opportunities to get him at retail price, with Siege beginning to overrun the pegs and stores like Walmart having stopped stocking Power of the Primes Leader figures after wave 1 or 2.

You can follow the above link to the Optimal Optimus page, or you can click the picture down below! He comes in at $49.99 before tax, so he qualifies for the free shipping from HTS as well. Let us know if you pick him up in the comments section below!

https://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/en/htsusa/-e0904as00


And I've frankly been 'baffled' as to why this one is in such high demand. All the images I've seen lead me to conclude that this figure isn't really that great shakes. A wind-surfing cybernetic ape? I guess if you really really liked Beast Wars he's OK, and I won't take that away from anybody...

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Speed Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Trailbreaker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Siege on Cybertron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #276 - Whoops! All Bumblebees
Twincast / Podcast #276:
"Whoops! All Bumblebees"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, May 16th, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "LG50 Sixshot | Japanese Transformers Legends Import Takara Tomy Generations" on EBAY
Buy "AUTOBOT JAZZ figure TRANSFORMERS tiny titans TOY (no card) robots in disguise" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS 1985 G1 Hasbro  Milton Bradley Card # 47 Purple Vs Blue Sky Variant" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Breakaway Throttle" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Scourge, 100% Complete, MOC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Nightbeat, 100% Complete, MOC" on EBAY
Buy "New Transformers Takara Legends LG36 Soundwave" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Roadburn Chase" on EBAY