Transformers News: Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking On Display at Australian Toy Fair with G1 Self

Saturday, March 3rd, 2018 8:20PM CST

Categories: Toy News, Event News
Posted by: D-Maximal_Primal   Views: 29,904

Thanks to Ozformers coverage of the Australian Toy Fair, we have some new images of the new Titan Class Predaking figure, shown on display in individual Predacon modes, combined Predaking mode, and with his G1 self! The new images show us just how much bigger Titan Class Predaking is compared to his G1 self, as well as how each figure looks compared to their older selves. Of note is how the new figures are not that much bigger than their G1 selves as individuals, but the combined form is much taller and skinnier. It is a bit sad to see G1 Predaking with a sword whereas his new self does not come with one, though he does have the faithful wrist gun.

Check out the images below, and let us know what you think in the comments section below!

Credit(s): Ozformers
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking On Display at Australian Toy Fair with G1 Self (1943657)
Posted by Acesmcgee on March 3rd, 2018 @ 8:30pm CST
Looking over the pics, the look of titan Predaking definitely fits the CW look. In some odd way that pleases me.
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking On Display at Australian Toy Fair with G1 Self (1943658)
Posted by WeatherManNX01 on March 3rd, 2018 @ 8:32pm CST
I don't buy third-party stuff anymore, but I wouldn't be opposed to getting a set of swords for Predaking (and I'm sure someone started designing them as soon as he/she found out the set hasn't any swords).
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking On Display at Australian Toy Fair with G1 Self (1943660)
Posted by YoungPrime on March 3rd, 2018 @ 8:47pm CST
Titan Predaking looks like he's wearing a corsette (extra tight).

Sorry but that is not worth $150.

If it turns up at clearance for 50% off sometime next year I might be interested. Otherwise I'll just stick with the G1 set.
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking On Display at Australian Toy Fair with G1 Self (1943665)
Posted by SpikeyTigertron on March 3rd, 2018 @ 9:17pm CST
I'm guessing there's a sticker sheet missing.... and I'm *really* hoping those are just prototype hands.... why they'd file the spiked knuckles off.... I don't understand. Especially considering the Monstructor/Volcanicus fists are still spiked. It's also a crime we didn't get the BH Prime (?) sword. It's been supersized several times already and I *think* that's the sword the G1 reissue came with as well?
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking On Display at Australian Toy Fair with G1 Self (1943670)
Posted by Acesmcgee on March 3rd, 2018 @ 9:31pm CST
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking On Display at Australian Toy Fair with G1 Self (1943671)
Posted by Relic0037 on March 3rd, 2018 @ 9:32pm CST
Nice "Father & Son Picnic" photos of Predaking there. Hopefully, we get a SDCC version with a sword because the missing sword will bother me enough to spend another $50 to get it.
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking On Display at Australian Toy Fair with G1 Self (1943673)
Posted by Randomhero on March 3rd, 2018 @ 9:39pm CST
Acesmcgee wrote:With the box image showing spik3d fists, I would imagine that the hands are incorrect, I hope. That would be sad to be missing out on spiked fists.

That’s just artwork. He doesn’t have the spikes. The artist was probably given designs or like abominus just based it off the original.
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking On Display at Australian Toy Fair with G1 Self (1943675)
Posted by Acesmcgee on March 3rd, 2018 @ 9:41pm CST
Randomhero wrote:

Wasn't there a rough prototype picture floating about that had spikes? If I am recalling that correctly I wonder why they changed their mind on it?
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking On Display at Australian Toy Fair with G1 Self (1943676)
Posted by Randomhero on March 3rd, 2018 @ 9:43pm CST
Acesmcgee wrote:
Randomhero wrote:

Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking On Display at Australian Toy Fair with G1 Self (1943677)
Posted by Acesmcgee on March 3rd, 2018 @ 9:47pm CST
Was thinking of this image from a bit ago.
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking On Display at Australian Toy Fair with G1 Self (1943678)
Posted by Randomhero on March 3rd, 2018 @ 9:50pm CST
Acesmcgee wrote:Was thinking of this image from a bit ago.

That’s a mock-up. It was nothing but for scale. Divebomb and rampage are just arms. Literally arms.
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking On Display at Australian Toy Fair with G1 Self (1943680)
Posted by Acesmcgee on March 3rd, 2018 @ 10:09pm CST
Randomhero wrote:
Acesmcgee wrote:Was thinking of this image from a bit ago.

I understood it was a mock-up, but I have to disagree slightly here. A mock-up wouldn't be done for scale alone. Generally in the design process a mock would be done to also give the chance for feedback and direction on where the lead wants the design to change slightly. It's often easier to do it in increments like that, then propose the final design and be forced to rehash something that may involve incredible back-tracking on your work. That's why I am curious as to where in the process they dropped the spikes.
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking On Display at Australian Toy Fair with G1 Self (1943681)
Posted by SpikeyTigertron on March 3rd, 2018 @ 10:11pm CST
Now that *would* be interesting if the HasCon/SDCC came with a sword and spiked knuckles. I will say I was sad there wasn't a "premium" Tyrpticon... those stickers... **** those stickers....

I'm also assuming we'll get wing stickers for divebomb
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking On Display at Australian Toy Fair with G1 Self (1943682)
Posted by SpikeyTigertron on March 3rd, 2018 @ 10:13pm CST
Acesmcgee wrote:Was thinking of this image from a bit ago.

I mean... they kept the "mounting plate" for the spikes... so..... *crosses fingers*

Maybe a designer accidentally stepped on a lego or something one night and said 'NO SPIKES!"
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking On Display at Australian Toy Fair with G1 Self (1943683)
Posted by Acesmcgee on March 3rd, 2018 @ 10:16pm CST
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking On Display at Australian Toy Fair with G1 Self (1943684)
Posted by SpikeyTigertron on March 3rd, 2018 @ 10:22pm CST
Acesmcgee wrote:I was thinking the same thing on stickers, hoping that will be the case. As for sword and the spikes, well, I'll probably spring for 3rd party hands, but give him TFC's Ares sword.

Now there's something that deserved an individual release lol. PE might do an enlarged (gold) version of their Dinobots sword.
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking On Display at Australian Toy Fair with G1 Self (1943696)
Posted by Randomhero on March 3rd, 2018 @ 11:17pm CST
SpikeyTigertron wrote:

No becuase then you’ll complain that it’s just a recoolor. They’ll make their own sword and guns and charge $50 and then another set for hands and feet and charge another $50 and then you can say you spent an additional $100 on articulated hands and a sword and small guns that will be in the box while he stands on a shelf but hey, at lest he’s got spiked knuckles and articulated fingers? Yay?
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking On Display at Australian Toy Fair with G1 Self (1943703)
Posted by SpikeyTigertron on March 3rd, 2018 @ 11:44pm CST
Randomhero wrote:
SpikeyTigertron wrote:

good point on them selling it all separately.... and bundling the feet AND hands together... the feet he's got are fine
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking On Display at Australian Toy Fair with G1 Self (1943705)
Posted by SpikeyTigertron on March 3rd, 2018 @ 11:46pm CST
I've also never understood the *need* for articulated fingers... more often than not... just makes it harder for them to actually *hold* anything. but yay for letting them give someone the bird I guess?
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking On Display at Australian Toy Fair with G1 Self (1943710)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on March 4th, 2018 @ 12:35am CST
It looks like 3 of the 5 will at least have weapons. The lack of sword, even a light saber type deal, is disappointing.

Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Wheeljack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warriors Class Sideswipe Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #213 - How to Say Expensive and Mean It
"How to Say Expensive and Mean It"
Posted: Sunday, December 9th, 2018

Buy "Transformers G2 Motormouth Generation 2 GO-BOTS SEALED ON CARD MOC MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "Motormouth Vintage Transformers Generation 2 G2 Go-Bots MOC Figure Car 1994 New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G2 Mirage Generation 2 GO-BOTS SEALED ON CARD MOC MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "HASBRO TAKARA TOMY TRANSFORMERS 'SIDESWIPE' SIEGE WAR FOR CYBERTRON TRILOGY" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War for Cybertron Deluxe Sideswipe Hound Skytread Cog Set 4" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 OPTIMUS PRIME vintage cab w Roller lot Autobots" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Sixshot     Reformatted Terminus Hexatron     KO Version." on EBAY
Buy "Blue Roller for Optimus Prime Rig Transformers G1 Autobot" on EBAY