Transformers Power of the Primes Rodimus Unicronus sighted at Retail!

Transformers News: Transformers Power of the Primes Rodimus Unicronus sighted at Retail!

Thursday, January 18th, 2018 8:47PM CST

Categories: Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: Bounti76   Views: 18,459

We got a news tip recently sent into us by a visitor to the site, and it's a big one! Power of the Primes Leader Class Rodimus Unicronus (the Shattered Glass inspired redeco of Wave 1's Rodimus Prime) has been found at a Walmart in McPherson, Kansas! This marks the first verified sighting of the figure anywhere in the U.S. (and perhaps the world), as well as being the first Wave 2 figure to be found at retail! Thanks for sending in your sighting, J!

Have any of you Seibertronians found any new Power of the Primes figures (Wave 2 on up), anywhere in the world you happen to be? If so, please send us a photo with receipt (or a photo with the picture on the shelf at the retail outlet) to sightings@Seibertron.com, and be sure to post your sightings in your local sightings forums and on our Toy Sightings page to help out local collectors!

Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Rodimus Unicronus sighted at Retail! (1932338)
Posted by DecepticonFinishline on January 18th, 2018 @ 8:53pm CST

Also, what in the hell is it doing showing up already?!
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Rodimus Unicronus sighted at Retail! (1932340)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on January 18th, 2018 @ 8:54pm CST
Wow, screw this distribution :HEADHURTS:
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Rodimus Unicronus sighted at Retail! (1932341)
Posted by Lore Keeper on January 18th, 2018 @ 8:56pm CST
DecepticonFinishline wrote:Decepticon Symbol! EFFING!!! YESSS!!!!!! :CON: :CON: :CON: :CON: :CON: :CON: :CON: :CON: :CON: :CON: :CON: :CON: :CON:

Also, what in the hell is it doing showing up already?!

Good person, you said EFFING!!! YESSS!!!!!! I believe you meant to say EFFING!!! NOOOO!!!!!! This must be the case for I am displeased with this turn of events, and I shall brook no disagreement on the matter. [-(
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Rodimus Unicronus sighted at Retail! (1932344)
Posted by Ultra Markus on January 18th, 2018 @ 9:14pm CST
remember this guy? and they called him Menasor
<!-- ia0 -->download (1).jpg<!-- ia0 -->
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Rodimus Unicronus sighted at Retail! (1932345)
Posted by Emerje on January 18th, 2018 @ 9:17pm CST
Still waiting for wave 1 to show up... all I've seen is the pre-Christmas Legends... >:oP

Going to give Target a check tomorrow.

Emerje
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Rodimus Unicronus sighted at Retail! (1932346)
Posted by Mindmaster on January 18th, 2018 @ 9:20pm CST
wat

The first wave hasn’t even hit my local Walmarts yet. On the bright side, means I’m that much closer to completing Volcanicus/Dreadwing.

Lore Keeper wrote:

Also, what in the hell is it doing showing up already?!

This is where Reprolabel saves lives. ;)
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Rodimus Unicronus sighted at Retail! (1932348)
Posted by bodrock on January 18th, 2018 @ 9:24pm CST
And here I thought SG Roddy wouldn't show his mustachioed face til March! The Hunt is on....?
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Rodimus Unicronus sighted at Retail! (1932350)
Posted by Lore Keeper on January 18th, 2018 @ 9:45pm CST
Mindmaster wrote:wat

Lore Keeper wrote:

Also, what in the hell is it doing showing up already?!

This is where Reprolabel saves lives. ;)

To me, it's more of a matter of principle. The toy is designed specifically as Rodimus under the influence of Unicron. This doesn't make him a Decepticon; Unicron is not affiliated with the Decepticons. This just seems to come down to Hasbro's reluctance to stray from the Autobot: good, Decepticon: bad structure. They appear to believe children just won't understand any variation to the formula, and I believe they're not giving kids enough credit. My son is eight (cliche I know) and when he sees a :SG-BOTS: , he goes, "Woah! An evil Autobot!" He gets it. I think most kids would get it.
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Rodimus Unicronus sighted at Retail! (1932351)
Posted by Rated X on January 18th, 2018 @ 9:47pm CST
Lore Keeper wrote:

Also, what in the hell is it doing showing up already?!

I agree the Decepticon symbol looks much better. This is not shattered glass. This is repurposing shattered glass characters into something less niche.
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Rodimus Unicronus sighted at Retail! (1932352)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 18th, 2018 @ 9:48pm CST
Lore Keeper wrote:Unicron is not affiliated with the Decepticons.
He is as far as Hasbro marketing department is concerned. Every Unicron toy for the past 12 years has been sold as a Decepticon toy by Hasbro.
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Rodimus Unicronus sighted at Retail! (1932359)
Posted by Lore Keeper on January 18th, 2018 @ 10:23pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
Lore Keeper wrote:Unicron is not affiliated with the Decepticons.

This is true. I still find it to be a very uninspired approach. There's nothing wrong with throwing a little more variety in the mix. I don't remember any kids my age being like, "Maximals? Predacons? What's going on? My litle brain can't handle all these factions!!!"
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Rodimus Unicronus sighted at Retail! (1932360)
Posted by Agamemnon on January 18th, 2018 @ 10:26pm CST
Unicron = Evil. Must be a Decepticon! :-s
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Rodimus Unicronus sighted at Retail! (1932361)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 18th, 2018 @ 10:31pm CST
Lore Keeper wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Lore Keeper wrote:Unicron is not affiliated with the Decepticons.

I'm a Beast Wars kid and, for me, that was because I never knew about Autobots and Decepticons beforehand. To me, the Maximals and Predacons were the good guys and bad guys, period, no further questions asked.

I had little difficultly transitioning into the other named factions that came after Beast Wars because I had others explain it all to me as it was happening. But let me tell you, I sure was royally confused I was when RiD rolled around in 2001 and it was "Autobots vs. Predacons" when, before that point, everyone told me that the Autobots and Decepticons were the ancient ancestors of the Maximals and Predacons, so instead of it being either "Maximals vs. Predacons" or "Autobots vs. Decepticons", it was neither and that felt weird to my little childlike mind. Then once I got used to it, the show went and introduced the Decepticons in addition to the Predacons, making it then be "Autobots vs. Predacons and Decepticons". 8-} :BOOM: :HEADHURTS:
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Rodimus Unicronus sighted at Retail! (1932362)
Posted by Emerje on January 18th, 2018 @ 10:31pm CST

<!-- ia1 -->FIGURE-036352_02.jpg<!-- ia1 -->
<!-- ia0 -->FIGURE-036352_04.jpg<!-- ia0 -->

Emerje
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Rodimus Unicronus sighted at Retail! (1932363)
Posted by william-james88 on January 18th, 2018 @ 10:37pm CST
Emerje wrote:AmiAmi orders are up for wave 2. Looks like there's a few extra photos in there, but I can't be bothered to look through all of them. Grimlock's are kinda goofy, though.

Those photos were all in the link we newsed to dengeki hobby. I didnt bother newsing many of those because its toys we already have and already know exactly what they look like.

Also, MERGING TIME!!!!!!
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Rodimus Unicronus sighted at Retail! (1932364)
Posted by Lore Keeper on January 18th, 2018 @ 10:44pm CST
Hellscream9999 wrote:Moonracer looks great, can't wait to get the new fembots, especially if Elita really is using the fixed starscream mold

I do really hope they give us two more fembots to complete a combiner made up of Elita's cartoon team. There's still Greenlight and Lancer to touch on. Chromia is a candidate too, but because she already has a generations toy, it should be one of the other two.
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Rodimus Unicronus sighted at Retail! (1932365)
Posted by Crosscheck on January 18th, 2018 @ 10:47pm CST

Also, am I doing something wrong or do the null ray's not peg into the upper arm peg holes in vehicle mode correctly?
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Rodimus Unicronus sighted at Retail! (1932367)
Posted by william-james88 on January 18th, 2018 @ 10:51pm CST
Ultra Markus wrote:remember this guy? and they called him Menasor

So what? Doesnt the Titanium line predate the SG concept? Those are indeed Motormaster colours (the main component of menasor) and the alt mode having the bulk part be the integated trailer works with how Motormaster has been portrayed in toy form. I dont see it being that much worse than these redecos representing a similar character:

Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Rodimus Unicronus sighted at Retail! (1932371)
Posted by Lore Keeper on January 18th, 2018 @ 11:25pm CST
Crosscheck wrote:Does anyone know what the rectangular pegs on the sides of Starscream's legs are for? What about the ones on his wings next to the 5mm holes?

Ya know, I have no idea. They're not used for any of his forms. Though, the pegs on his legs fit perfectly into the unused slots on his forearms and the pegs on his wings fit several slots found o the figure. Perhaps they are the remnants of some abandoned design ideas?
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Rodimus Unicronus sighted at Retail! (1932375)
Posted by fenrir72 on January 18th, 2018 @ 11:44pm CST
Transformers products from AMAZON

Featured Products

Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumble Figure" on AMAZON
You save: 41%
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #200 - Requiem of the Twincast
"Requiem of the Twincast"
Posted: Sunday, May 20th, 2018