Transformers: Power of the Primes Starscream Running Change

Transformers: Power of the Primes Starscream Running Change

Wednesday, January 17th, 2018 4:25am CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 18,079

We bring you today news of a running change in one of the Voyager figures from new line Transformers: Power of the Primes - specifically, Starscream and his 'getting everything pegged in' issue. According to Twitter user Jason Rye, the previous port meant that the wings/back did not connect fully to the body, which also affected the jet mode.

Seems like Hasbro as fixed #Swolescream I found a retooled one with the batch number 73101 with a retooled post (now with slots) on the back that allows for everything to peg together correctly with out major repairs

Transformers News: Transformers: Power of the Primes Starscream Running Change

Transformers News: Transformers: Power of the Primes Starscream Running Change

Credit(s): Jason Rye

Re: Transformers: Power of the Primes Starscream Running Change (1931953)
Posted by Albatross250 on January 17th, 2018 @ 4:59am CST
Emerje wrote:
Lunatic Prime wrote:
Albatross250 wrote:Does everyone kept waiting for Apeface and Snapdragon as of now?
Yup :HEADHURTS:
Hoped for them to be the Titans Return wave 06 Voyagers... :BANG_HEAD:
I guess we won't get them or as some kind of exclusive. Either in two different box sets like Twinbots or like Arcee, Grotusque, Blast Off and Repugnus. :BOOM:

We've been told that since the Titan Master engineering already exists they plan on going back to it after the Prime Wars Trilogy. They've probably saved the pair for that line's Voyager class as well as the smaller '88 Headmasters for Deluxe class and Titan class Scorponok. Probably also see the Autobot Targetmasters and the rest of the double Targetmasters at that time as well.

Emerje

We almost have an Autobot Targetmaster Well yeah, i can see that happening :michaelbay:
Re: Transformers: Power of the Primes Starscream Running Change (1931954)
Posted by Albatross250 on January 17th, 2018 @ 5:03am CST
Did any of you guys used the Prime Armor as feet? :-?
Re: Transformers: Power of the Primes Starscream Running Change (1931956)
Posted by DecepticonFinishline on January 17th, 2018 @ 6:33am CST
Va'al wrote:In the new version, which sports batch number 73101, the port features a cut, and the whole assembly is more slanted, improving stability and appearance in both robot and jet mode - supposedly also to be found in the next use of this mold, Elita-1, coming soon in a later wave. You can take a look at the comparison images below: first is the old run, next is the change.

Is the batch number on the box or mold/stamped on to the figure itself?

Albatross250 wrote:Did any of you guys used the Prime Armor as feet? :-?

Do you mean JUST Prime Armor as feet? The peg doesn't cannot plug in unless you plug it in upside-down. Plugging the Prime Armor into the feet that come with Voyagers for a Superfoot is an option, though.
Re: Transformers: Power of the Primes Starscream Running Change (1931967)
Posted by Cobotron on January 17th, 2018 @ 8:33am CST
Albatross250 wrote:Did any of you guys used the Prime Armor as feet? :-?
Do you mean like this?
I was talking with Carytheone about this the other day. I didn't even know this was an intended configuration.
Lesson learned? Sometimes it pays to look at the instructions! :lol:
Haven't tried it in combined mode yet, but I bet it adds some nice stability.
Re: Transformers: Power of the Primes Starscream Running Change (1931975)
Posted by Rodimus Knight on January 17th, 2018 @ 9:36am CST
Re: Transformers: Power of the Primes Starscream Running Change (1931976)
Posted by bodrock on January 17th, 2018 @ 9:45am CST
Cobotron wrote:
Albatross250 wrote:Did any of you guys used the Prime Armor as feet? :-?
Do you mean like this?
Lesson learned? Sometimes it pays to look at the instructions! :lol:
Haven't tried it in combined mode yet, but I bet it adds some nice stability.

Hmmmmm....that looks kinda like a mean hoverboard of sorts...! :-?
Re: Transformers: Power of the Primes Starscream Running Change (1931977)
Posted by gothsaurus on January 17th, 2018 @ 9:48am CST
I think the big-feet option is really smart thinking on their part. You can choose to use it or not... and it adds a LOT of stability and balance to a figure.

A missed opportunity I noticed... they could have painted the underside of the clear bits gold like the dinos. Planning to match that paint and touch those up for a grin. If anyone has a good color match, please post. Cheers!
Re: Transformers: Power of the Primes Starscream Running Change (1931979)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on January 17th, 2018 @ 10:01am CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:But at least for now, Starscream is Megascream.

King Starscream or Grand Starscream has a better ring to it. ;) I may go with that, should I get him. A big "should", should I find him cheap or get him as a gift.

And good grief, the part sharing between Deluxes is being put to full use and has officially reached Combiner Wars levels:

Sludge with Slug
Swoop with Cutthroat
Rippersnapper with Blot
And now, Snarl with Sinnertwin sharing waist, upper legs, elbow, shoulder hinge and Combiner Peg.

The only ones not paired up are the Jazz and Moonracer molds.

It may be, but unlike combiner wars, each figure looks different. the parts sharing is in areas that aren't really given much attention, and the whole figure overall looks different, no real repaints at all, all extensive retool/new molds.

Also, I finally tried the Chicken legs configuration for Megascream to complete the movie Scream look. And it really works! At least with Slug and Swoop, by extending the legs and having them do an ab crunch, the combined form is quite stable and the extra joint, which is snug, helps fix the issues with Swoop causing a combiner lean.

Check it!

Re: Transformers: Power of the Primes Starscream Running Change (1931980)
Posted by kurthy on January 17th, 2018 @ 10:03am CST
Cobotron wrote:
Albatross250 wrote:Did any of you guys used the Prime Armor as feet? :-?
Do you mean like this?
Lesson learned? Sometimes it pays to look at the instructions! :lol:
Haven't tried it in combined mode yet, but I bet it adds some nice stability.

I thought either wj88 or D Max went over the combined armor feet in the pictorial review of Starscream? IIRC, he said that combining them actually decreased stability.
Re: Transformers: Power of the Primes Starscream Running Change (1931981)
Posted by gothsaurus on January 17th, 2018 @ 10:04am CST
Wow. I can't say how much more I like the name "Grand Starscream". Bravo. :BOWDOWN:
Re: Transformers: Power of the Primes Starscream Running Change (1931983)
Posted by Cobotron on January 17th, 2018 @ 10:05am CST
Rodimus Knight wrote:So how would we know on the packaging if we are getting a early one or a retooled run of Starscream? Is there a way to know?
There is a number embossed (stamped) on the back of every box or card usually down by all the legal text and warnings. Usually a 5 digit number, and lately always starting with 7.

bodrock wrote:Hmmmmm....that looks kinda like a mean hoverboard of sorts...! :-?
HA! Totally. Too bad nobody has a 5 mil port in the bottom of their feet.
Wait sec! Duh... most combiner dudes do!

:lol:
Re: Transformers: Power of the Primes Starscream Running Change (1931984)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on January 17th, 2018 @ 10:07am CST
kurthy wrote:
Cobotron wrote:
Albatross250 wrote:Did any of you guys used the Prime Armor as feet? :-?
Do you mean like this?
Lesson learned? Sometimes it pays to look at the instructions! :lol:
Haven't tried it in combined mode yet, but I bet it adds some nice stability.

Will would have.

I've found so far that the extra heel strut doesn't really do much unless you are trying to pose him with the legs out in front in any capacity. Both combiners so far are front heavy, so the extra heel strut is sort of useless unless they're posing
Re: Transformers: Power of the Primes Starscream Running Change (1931985)
Posted by kurthy on January 17th, 2018 @ 10:07am CST
kurthy wrote:
Cobotron wrote:
Albatross250 wrote:Did any of you guys used the Prime Armor as feet? :-?
Do you mean like this?
Lesson learned? Sometimes it pays to look at the instructions! :lol:
Haven't tried it in combined mode yet, but I bet it adds some nice stability.

WJ88:
Adding the extra hands to the back of the feet is something I do not recommend. Firstly, with so much kibble in the front of his torso and most legs having more bulk in the front, he has more of a tendency to fall forwards, so there is no point to enforcing heels. Plus, you have to be really parallel to the feet or else you will just make any stance more unstable. So basically, adding them only raises the possibility of him being unstable while never adding to the stability.
Re: Transformers: Power of the Primes Starscream Running Change (1931986)
Posted by Cobotron on January 17th, 2018 @ 10:11am CST
kurthy wrote:A bunch of stuff with quotes and stuff.
Oh. OK then.
I'd rather use the extra fists on Volcanicus to fill in the torso anyway. ;)^
Re: Transformers: Power of the Primes Starscream Running Change (1931989)
Posted by Toralite on January 17th, 2018 @ 10:31am CST
Ugh, that plastic looks so cheap. It looks like those transmorphers rip off brand fake transformers you'd find at the dollar store. Are you people really satisfied with hasbro releasing such crap? I didn't like the plastic used in the combiner wars line and since then made the switch to only buying masterpiece and third party masterpiece figures.
I've seen a few things hasbro has released that caught my interest, like that optimus who has a small orion pax that fills in his gaping chest hole. Though seeing this cheap plastic on starscream reminds me why I stopped buying hasbro products. That and hasbro wanted around 100 dollars for their mp Bumblebee when the takara version was only $40. When I heard rumors of Hasbro buying out takara I freaked a bit, I'm so glad it never happened and pray it never does!
Re: Transformers: Power of the Primes Starscream Running Change (1931999)
Posted by Rated X on January 17th, 2018 @ 11:15am CST
Seems like a pointless change. I didnt even know that hole was a peg. How much of a difference would it really make? Maybe the gap would be 2 millimeters closer to his back? Not even worth the gas to buy another one and do the switch-a-roo. Starscream was the only fail so far in the POTP line, ugly as hell and the sole reason Elita One doesnt have a proper car alt mode.
Re: Transformers: Power of the Primes Starscream Running Change (1932004)
Posted by bodrock on January 17th, 2018 @ 11:34am CST
Cobotron wrote:
HA! Totally. Too bad nobody has a 5 mil port in the bottom of their feet.
Wait sec! Duh... most combiner dudes do!

:lol:

Dreadwind calls dis move, "My DREADED KICK-FLIP!" :CON:

Transmetal Optimus Primal better prep to shred some air! Or better yet, his upcoming PotP incarnation. :MAXIMAL:
Re: Transformers: Power of the Primes Starscream Running Change (1932009)
Posted by Houstonian Prime on January 17th, 2018 @ 12:14pm CST
my starscream also has this problem. itll line up properly, but does not tab in all the way, as it appears it should... rather than make a mess of the figure, justused a clear band around his back side, tightened everything up. unfortunately i already tossed the packaging, no returning this guy. have to settle. my potp optimus prime has a significant flaw also. in robot mode his shoulder/trailer panel on the right side, doesnt fold back all the way properly, due to paint overspray in the hinge. for a $50 that shouldnt happen.

with prices going up and with cheaper, materials being used, the quality really suffers. is this the new normal for TF figures? or will it ever get better?? i dont like that we have to either accept it, or move on. the way its been with TR & TLK, i wont be buying as much as i have in years past. i collect because it brings me joy and happiness, but if all a figure does is make a person mad, that defeats the purpose. hasbro needs to step it up on this issue of quality. get more involved. hasbro management should be sending someone to these factories, and acknowledge whats actually being produced. because a running fix doesnt help those of us that went out and bought this figure when it first hit shelves. total BS on their part.
Re: Transformers: Power of the Primes Starscream Running Change (1932024)
Posted by Evil Eye on January 17th, 2018 @ 1:04pm CST
Rated X wrote:Seems like a pointless change. I didnt even know that hole was a peg. How much of a difference would it really make?

Apparently quite a bit, seeing as Hasbro bothered to do it in the first place and it got newsed.
Starscream was the only fail so far in the POTP line, ugly as hell

I'm actually inclined to agree with you there. POTP Starscream is mega ugly, and a missed opportunity for a good Voyager Seeker mold.
and the sole reason Elita One doesnt have a proper car alt mode.

Let's be real though- we only ever saw the very front of Elita's car mode. Of all her defining traits, her vehicle mode wasn't one of them. Now granted I'm not sure how good Elita will look in POTP but I'm willing to wait and see (at least, provided she isn't slathered in awful, awful stickers). At the very least, she might make a good base for the Decepticon Combusta custom I've had on my mind.

The one big problem I have with POTP Starscream (aside from the fact he kinda looks a bit sh!t as a Starscream) is that he came out AFTER BotCon ceased to exist. Imagine him and the Aerialbots done into Skyquake and the Predators in a boxset. I mean, I'd buy it.
Re: Transformers: Power of the Primes Starscream Running Change (1932025)
Posted by gothsaurus on January 17th, 2018 @ 1:04pm CST
I'd echo the same. While the design of the figures has been great, seems like the quality control and paint app/sticker/tampo choices have been disheartening. I hope they can return to tampos and reel in the sloppy paint apps. (getting swashes of paint on sides of head, chips out of chest, globs on legs, mismatched chest halves.)

Also hoping they can get a little more in the budget for each figure to see necessary details like Primes gray fists painted blue... or wheels painted silver. That always helps the look of the toys a lot.

Given, guessing I'm going to have to get on board with all my friends who have simply resorted to immediately custom painting their figures. Doesn't seem like we will see any change from Hasbro/Takara in the near future based on photos we've seen.

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight 1-Step Turbo Changer Cogman" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Chase Brush Fire Boulder Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Kre-O 30662 Ratchet new sealed hasbro unopened 187 pieces" on EBAY
Buy "ULTRA MAGNUS Transformers Kingdom War For Cybertron Trilogy Leader Class 2021" on EBAY
Buy "KRE-O TRANSFORMERS LOT IRONHIDE & MEGATRON KREON BATTLE CHANGER SEALED" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS OPTIMUS PRIME AUTOBOT TRUCK DIECAST 1:32 JADA HOLLYWOOD NEW!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Autobot Ratchet Deluxe Action Figure " on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS RESCUE BOTS SALVAGE, Griffin Rock Construction Team Flip Racer 2017" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers DOTM Battle In Moon Light Cyberverse Optimus Prime Trailer Part" on EBAY