Transformers Power of the Primes Throne of the Primes Optimal Optimus Revealed

Transformers Power of the Primes Throne of the Primes Optimal Optimus Revealed

Monday, July 2nd, 2018 4:27am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Rumors
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 34,457

Throne, not munkky! Out of left field entirely, a post on Chinese social media platform Baidu seems to reveal another end of line cap figure for Transformers Power of the Primes and Prime Wars trilogy overall - a version of Optimal Optimus with three accessories: a throne, a crown, a sceptre/mace. The name of the set? Throne of the Primes.

Also worth noting is the redeco of the figure, switching the Optimal Optimus colours for the red, black and white of the Optimus Primal version of the character while still using the bigger body. You can check out the image below for yourselves, and let us know what you think of it in the Energon Pub! Might this be a San Diego Comic Con exclusive, or something else entirely?

Transformers News: Transformers Power of the Primes Throne of the Primes Optimal Optimus Revealed

Credit(s): Baidu

Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Throne of the Primes Optimal Optimus Revealed (1968087)
Posted by Evil Eye on July 2nd, 2018 @ 4:30am CDT
Are those Prime Masters in the throne there?

Also I have to give it to them, that looks nice. I'm not so sure I care much for Primal (as cool as the redeco is I just can't get behind that mold) but the throne looks kinda awesome and those accessories rock.
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Throne of the Primes Optimal Optimus Revealed (1968098)
Posted by ZeroWolf on July 2nd, 2018 @ 4:59am CDT
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Throne of the Primes Optimal Optimus Revealed (1968102)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on July 2nd, 2018 @ 5:24am CDT
I'll hold on for the regular Optimal Optimus then. This Throne version look VERY interesting.
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Throne of the Primes Optimal Optimus Revealed (1968104)
Posted by Crosscheck on July 2nd, 2018 @ 5:38am CDT
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Throne of the Primes Optimal Optimus Revealed (1968106)
Posted by Deadput on July 2nd, 2018 @ 5:42am CDT
Crosscheck wrote:It doesn't include a crown. That is the Optimal Optimus head repainted in gold with the face pained black and silver.

Dude the head shape is different, if it's not a crown accessory it's a retool.
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Throne of the Primes Optimal Optimus Revealed (1968108)
Posted by Crosscheck on July 2nd, 2018 @ 5:53am CDT
Deadput wrote:

Dude the head shape is different, if it's not a crown accessory it's a retool.

Nevermind, I think you are right. I have the images side-by-side now. It does appear to be an accessory.
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Throne of the Primes Optimal Optimus Revealed (1968109)
Posted by ScottyP on July 2nd, 2018 @ 6:21am CDT
I did wake up, right? About 20 minutes ago? Yes? Because this is out there. Wtf.
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Throne of the Primes Optimal Optimus Revealed (1968111)
Posted by Big Grim on July 2nd, 2018 @ 6:32am CDT
That's all kindsa weird. I kinda like it but it's weird!
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Throne of the Primes Optimal Optimus Revealed (1968113)
Posted by Dr. Caelus on July 2nd, 2018 @ 6:51am CDT
Ha! It's the Monkey King!

I was on the fence with the first version because it seemed like it was neither different enough from the original or improved enough from the original to 'bring' anything to my collection.

This definitely fulfills the 'different' aspect though!
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Throne of the Primes Optimal Optimus Revealed (1968115)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on July 2nd, 2018 @ 7:18am CDT
Caelus wrote:Ha! It's the Monkey King!

This definitely fulfills the 'different' aspect though!

That's why I think this is the version I'm gonna get. It feel more like "Primal super mode" and I like it. I also preffer these colors way more than the gaudy blue and orange. Maybe because I have zero attachment to the original Optimal Optimus.

If I get it, I'm not sure if I'll knock off the pin to separate "action master Primal" from his spaceship backpack. Because this time, it really look like a super mode of the exact same character. Plus it may be an expensive something-or-other exclusive.
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Throne of the Primes Optimal Optimus Revealed (1968116)
Posted by dragons on July 2nd, 2018 @ 7:23am CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:I think they are meant to be prime masters, but not actually prime masters. My worry is what the throne is actually made of but considering the colours on him are more subdued, I actually quite like him! Need to see more pictures though.

Throne looks to be made cardboard doesn’t look plastic looking at detail of top throne
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Throne of the Primes Optimal Optimus Revealed (1968117)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on July 2nd, 2018 @ 7:29am CDT
dragons wrote:

Yup. I bet the throne is indeed made out of cardboard. Either as part of the box, or you can pull it out like a Studio Series background. But yeh, probabilities of a pure cardboard throne is very high.
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Throne of the Primes Optimal Optimus Revealed (1968118)
Posted by ZeroWolf on July 2nd, 2018 @ 7:31am CDT
dragons wrote:

That's exactly what I was worried about, still the rest of the set makes up for it.

So any takers on how much this set will be? ;-) exclusive or not this is going to be costly.
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Throne of the Primes Optimal Optimus Revealed (1968119)
Posted by Emerje on July 2nd, 2018 @ 7:32am CDT
I wonder how much of that throne is plastic and not just part of the packaging made of cardboard. The crown really has to be an accessory because I doubt it would fit in Optimus Primal's standard modes. His scepter has an awful lot of hinges and the bottom half is definitely a gun. The things on the bottom right look like cards. His right hand is yellow for some reason or there's something yellow in his hand. With this all of the PotP Leaders have had black repaints. I wonder if could be another Amazon exclusive considering all the new parts like Nemesis Prime got?

Emerje
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Throne of the Primes Optimal Optimus Revealed (1968121)
Posted by DaXtraLargeRobot on July 2nd, 2018 @ 7:51am CDT
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Throne of the Primes Optimal Optimus Revealed (1968125)
Posted by Flashwave on July 2nd, 2018 @ 8:54am CDT
Interested! But I could totally see this being our 3rd and final SDCC figure. 3 would not be unheard of.
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Throne of the Primes Optimal Optimus Revealed (1968128)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 2nd, 2018 @ 9:16am CDT
Yeah, something like this has got to be the stuff of SDCC. There's no way we'd get something like this as a standard retail item from this Hasbro brand team.
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Throne of the Primes Optimal Optimus Revealed (1968129)
Posted by Cobotron on July 2nd, 2018 @ 9:16am CDT
This Primal set is so weird. But also kinda cool.
Is it a reference to something specific? I haven't been watching the Machinima show, is it in reference to that?

I do kinda like the strange Jungle Book nod, but I would think Primal already has plenty of the man's red flower.
You know, with his breast blasters and all.
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Throne of the Primes Optimal Optimus Revealed (1968130)
Posted by Dr. Caelus on July 2nd, 2018 @ 9:21am CDT
DaXtraLargeRobot wrote:Did anyone else notice that rope detailing over the R on the transformers logo on the side. On the other hand, I really hope this isn't some super expensive, super hard to find exclusive because it's awesome.

Pretty sure it's a vine, part of a ruined, jungle temple motif. It looks like there're vines or branches on on the top window of the package as well. Continuing to use the Maximal symbol seems odd, but I guess its just consistent branding.

Also, what has been seen cannot be unseen.

Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Throne of the Primes Optimal Optimus Revealed (1968132)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 2nd, 2018 @ 9:27am CDT
Cobotron wrote:This Primal set is so weird. But also kinda cool.
Nope. The show uses the normal toy's orange deco.

If anything, this set makes me think of the Power of the Primes fan vote for the next Prime, in which Optimus Primal's bio referred to him as the "king of Eukaris", a concept which has yet to seen in anything at all.

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Arcee Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #271 - Meh-pisode
"Meh-pisode"
Posted: Friday, March 5th, 2021

Buy "2016 Transformers Autobot Drift Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 86 Grimlock and Autobot Wheelie Hasbro Takara Tomy" on EBAY
Buy "*NEW* OFFICIAL Transformers Studio Series 38 Optimus Prime Bumblebee Movie SS-38" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Cyclonus 2015 7" Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Deluxe Class Autobot Bumblebee Figure New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Lot 5 WFC siege direct hit power punch storm cloud viper pteraxadon" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Jetfire Siege War for Cybertron MISB Beautiful L@@K! Prime Megatron" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Classics Universe Sunstreaker With Reprolabels" on EBAY