Transformers Power of the Primes Wave 2 and 3 Figures Listed at Hasbro Toy Shop

Transformers Power of the Primes Wave 2 and 3 Figures Listed at Hasbro Toy Shop

Saturday, June 23rd, 2018 4:42pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sightings, Store News
Posted by: Bounti76   Views: 19,791

After Hasbro responded to complaints about the very limited-to-non-existent distribution of Wave 2 of Power of the Primes, they stated that the figures of that wave would be available online and in stores later this summer. Well, thanks to a tip from DeathsReviews and Hellscream9999, Seibertronians, that time is now! Hasbro Toy Shop has almost all of Wave 2 listed (missing only Submarauder and Landmine), though only Rodimus Unicronus is available. Additionally, the Wave 3 legends, Outback and Cindersaur, are also available!

Transformers News: Transformers Power of the Primes Wave 2 and 3 Figures Listed at Hasbro Toy Shop

Click the pictures to be taken to that figure's order page, and cross your transistors that the Deluxe Wave 2 figures will be available soon!

Credit(s): Hellscream9999; DeathsReviews

Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Wave 2 and 3 Figures Listed at Hasbro Toy Shop (1966333)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on June 23rd, 2018 @ 9:01pm CDT
Hey o.supreme, your bringing up the topic of the combiners and all the limbs was with me tonight while I was doing some final cleaning and organizing of my apartment, and I figured I'd share my current combiners.

These are all my scramble city style combiners. Volcanicus is still using Jazz and Dreadwing, and StarKaiser is filling in for Liokaiser at the moment. Devastator and Defensor are chilling elsewhere, but this is it. By the end of PotP, I hope to have Megascream with his con flyers (and Dragstrip or gold Scream), Abominus, and maybe Elita Inf!nite or Infernocus, I don't know if I will actually leave them combined with the remaining bot limbs including Wreck-Gar. And Predaking, but he's not scramble, so slightly different there.

Actually, here are the remaining of my combiners:
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Wave 2 and 3 Figures Listed at Hasbro Toy Shop (1966365)
Posted by ZeroWolf on June 24th, 2018 @ 3:29am CDT
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Wave 2 and 3 Figures Listed at Hasbro Toy Shop (1966397)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on June 24th, 2018 @ 7:52am CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:That is an awesome display d-max :-) I'm quite envious :-P you also reminded me that I was coming in here to point out that people wanting an extra limb for their combiners could use the gold lagoon starscream...if they didn't mind one fifth of the combiner being total bling.

That will be my dilemma! If I get Gold Scream, it would round off a combiner of flyers with 2 Starscreams in it, plus the Dread bros and Blastoff. But then the Dragstrip I have sitting around wouldn't have a spot, even if he would be a bit out of place as a F1 car on a flying combiner. But then Gold Scream will be a bit pricey, so I'm uncertain at this point.

But he would look really cool. I wouldn't put it past someone to somehow get 4 and make a golden Megascream
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Wave 2 and 3 Figures Listed at Hasbro Toy Shop (1966430)
Posted by Black Bumblebee on June 24th, 2018 @ 12:02pm CDT
Darn it, was hoping that they would have Elita One. Oh well... she can't hide forever.
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Wave 2 and 3 Figures Listed at Hasbro Toy Shop (1966444)
Posted by RiddlerJ on June 24th, 2018 @ 1:38pm CDT
With Toys R US out of action, where are some good places to check for figures? My local Target and Walmart never has anything. BBTS, TFSource, and Robot Kingdom are a little expensive right now. HTS is always out of stock.
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Wave 2 and 3 Figures Listed at Hasbro Toy Shop (1966488)
Posted by Silvaus on June 24th, 2018 @ 6:22pm CDT
Anyone find any of these in Texas stores? I have yet to find any there.
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Wave 2 and 3 Figures Listed at Hasbro Toy Shop (1966531)
Posted by AFTRHR on June 24th, 2018 @ 10:44pm CDT
Yo, I found pictures of POTP (well, CW) Blast Off on here: http://www.robotkingdom.com/e1796as02.html

Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Wave 2 and 3 Figures Listed at Hasbro Toy Shop (1966532)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 24th, 2018 @ 10:49pm CDT

Also, bizarre decision in its using the Shuttler transformation instead.
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Wave 2 and 3 Figures Listed at Hasbro Toy Shop (1966534)
Posted by RiddlerJ on June 24th, 2018 @ 11:12pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Ugh, you're killing me, Hasbro! You give this figure a much nicer deco than the UW version, but then you have to go and ruin it with those hideously tacky-looking stickers.

Also, bizarre decision in its using the Shuttler transformation instead.

I don't have that mold. Can you chose which transformation to use or is it fixed a certain way?
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Wave 2 and 3 Figures Listed at Hasbro Toy Shop (1966535)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 24th, 2018 @ 11:17pm CDT
RiddlerJ wrote:

Also, bizarre decision in its using the Shuttler transformation instead.

I think the arms are swapped between the original Blast Off and every other version (Strafe, Shuttler, this new Blast Off), so they only orientate correctly in one direction depending on which way they're assembled facing.
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Wave 2 and 3 Figures Listed at Hasbro Toy Shop (1966537)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on June 24th, 2018 @ 11:36pm CDT

Also, bizarre decision in its using the Shuttler transformation instead.

They are tampographs, not stickers, though they are meant to mimic some G1 toy sticker detailing. No Deluxe sized figures or smaller have yet had stickers in the Generations line, outside of smaller partner figures included with some Titan Class releases. Stickers have mostly come on only Voyager, Leader, and Titan figures for now.
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Wave 2 and 3 Figures Listed at Hasbro Toy Shop (1966538)
Posted by Flashwave on June 24th, 2018 @ 11:47pm CDT

Wolfman Jake wrote:

Also, bizarre decision in its using the Shuttler transformation instead.

I hope ypu are right but I am not convinced
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Wave 2 and 3 Figures Listed at Hasbro Toy Shop (1966540)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on June 24th, 2018 @ 11:54pm CDT
Flashwave wrote:Man, why did they have to make me want this. I was quite content with my Baldigus being slightly different than my Bruticus. But the box display, the colors, I want this.

Wolfman Jake wrote:

Also, bizarre decision in its using the Shuttler transformation instead.

I hope ypu are right but I am not convinced

Look at the picture of the figure in the box again. Check the lines between the colors on all the shapes on those chest details. You'll find that the lines aren't crisp and that there is paint slop and bleed over. There is some bad alignment on some of the details two when you compare one side to the other. They should be mirror images, but some details are offset a bit. This is common with tampographed paint details that are very intricate. Stickers would have perfectly clean lines between all the different colored details, because they're printed with much more sophisticated machines with laser accuracy. People were making the same assumptions about the Dinobots in PotP, but they were wrong too. It's all paint and no stickers with Deluxe and below (for the most part).
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Wave 2 and 3 Figures Listed at Hasbro Toy Shop (1966552)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on June 25th, 2018 @ 1:07am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
RiddlerJ wrote:

Also, bizarre decision in its using the Shuttler transformation instead.

I think the point is better made with some lovely pics. Before that, it's worth mentioning that when TakaraTomy first designed it, they went for cartoon-accuracy. They achieved it by having the shuttle's nose compress into the (stuck-out) chest.

They did have the foresight to sculpt chest-like detailing where the port is, which was used for his retool Strafe:

... and again for Shuttler aka Movor, as Car Robots aka RiD 2001 suddenly went toy-accurate which the G1 cartoon was not. Note the orientation of the arms compared to Blast Off, emphasis on the elbows and hands.

It's the "toy-accurate" Shuttler orientation Hasbro used, but you can still get the cartoon-accurate one by switching the arms and turning the upper body 180. Finally, Hasbro Blast Off should benefit from a minor retool introduced by Strafe, that made the head panel less prone to popping off.

Me needs Blast Off so badly, my Onslaught is lonely.
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Wave 2 and 3 Figures Listed at Hasbro Toy Shop (1966559)
Posted by Bounti76 on June 25th, 2018 @ 2:05am CDT
Thanks to several fellow Seibertronians for pointing us towards this bit of news! Site sponsor Robot Kingdom has updated their preorder listing for Prime Wars Blast Off with new images, which give us our first look at the final deco of the figure, which is a recolor and redeco of Unite Warriors Blast Off.

It's more faithful to the G1 toy colors, and also sports some significant changes from the UW version- the arms and physical orientation of the figure have been switched to give the figure an even closer match to his original toy, and there are tampographed details on his chest that mimic the stickers found on his 1986 toy release. The change from the shuttle-gut to a more G1 toy accurate look aren't entirely new, though; this chest orientation had been used for the UW Baldigus use of the mold, Movor.

As we can also see from the photos, Blast Off will come in a box with a front panel featuring him in space shuttle mode, that will open to showcase the figure in package.

We also get our very first look at the included Prime Master, Megatronus, who sports a very nice looking deco of translucent red plastic and two different shades of grey.

It's interesting to note that while he's being released during the Power of the Primes line, with POTP style artwork, the text inside the box flap refers to Combiner Wars, and that line's logo appears on the packaging, along with a Prime Wars Trilogy logo.

So what do you think of these new images? Are you more excited to get this figure than before? Please let us know in the comments below!
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Wave 2 and 3 Figures Listed at Hasbro Toy Shop (1966566)
Posted by ZeroWolf on June 25th, 2018 @ 4:04am CDT
That looks really good, shame they couldn't have gave him prime armour so he could use megatronus
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Wave 2 and 3 Figures Listed at Hasbro Toy Shop (1966571)
Posted by Big Grim on June 25th, 2018 @ 5:04am CDT
Not seeing any links or images in the news or forum post?
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Wave 2 and 3 Figures Listed at Hasbro Toy Shop (1966574)
Posted by Qwan on June 25th, 2018 @ 5:23am CDT
This may be an odd place/method of saying this but, nice article Bounti! It reads really well IMO :D

Man, I was really hoping this Blast Off wouldn't be in the Hasbro CW toy colors... because now that I know he is, it means I definitely have to get him. That purple is just so delicious, I can't pass it up! Fingers crossed I find some not-impossible method of obtaining him down here.

(Although... did they just do what they did for CW Lightsteed as well, and glop a huge swathe of paint over the clearly-sculpted windows to try and pretend like it's one big canopy? Ick.)
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Wave 2 and 3 Figures Listed at Hasbro Toy Shop (1966575)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on June 25th, 2018 @ 5:35am CDT
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Wave 2 and 3 Figures Listed at Hasbro Toy Shop (1966576)
Posted by Qwan on June 25th, 2018 @ 5:48am CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:Call me nitpicky, but I just can't get over the obvious in-your-face arms for the shuttle mode. #-o

...Actually, you know what you just made me realize? In that stock image his arms are the "Unite Warriors" way around, with the forearms and fists facing upward, instead of the Strafe/Movor/This-Very-Toy orientation which should have the backs of the forearms facing up instead.

Not only interesting, but it also means his arms won't be as bad and obvious on the toy as they are in that image. So if the arms on Movor above look less disagreeable to you (I know they do to me), then your complaints can be at least slightly remedied :D

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum RID Grimlock and Bumblebee - Exclusive" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Terri-Bull" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Turbo Changer Super Nova Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters - Ultra Magnus - Voyager Autobot 100% Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Beast Hunters Leader Class Optimus Prime Dragon Assault 2013" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers: Rescue Bots: Meet Boulder the Construction-Bot Annie Auerbach" on EBAY
Buy "Zeta Toys EX-06O Oriprime Optimus Prime MP Scale Toy Transformers MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Ripclaw" on EBAY