Transformers Power of the Primes Wave 2 Legends Class Found at US Retail

Transformers News: Transformers Power of the Primes Wave 2 Legends Class Found at US Retail

Monday, February 12th, 2018 11:18PM CST

Categories: Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 9,723

The United States is becoming a real haven for first sightings in the Transformers Power of the Primes line. Not only was it the very first country to get the first toys in the line, but it is also the first place to get the wave 2 voyagers, leaders and Prime Masters (the latter were found at Meijer). Adding to all these wave 2 sightings is another, sent to us by TF fan Micosay, about the wave 2 Legends class toys being found at US retail.

Micosay found Power of the Primes Roadtrap at their local Walmart in Bolivar, Missouri. This is one of the components for Battletrap which combines the aforementioned Roadtrap and Battleslash. Legends class tailgate is also part of this second wave. These toys retail for around the $10 mark and were supposed to be coming out in march. Power of the Primes seems to be coming out quicker than expected in general in the US.

If you want in hand images of Roadtrap and Battleslash, click here and click here if you want to see a video review.

The only wave 2 toys left to find are the deluxes so please let us know if you find any. If you find any wave 2 (or even wave 1) Power of the Primes toys, you can let the members of the community know by writing a short post in the sightings forums and indicating it in the sightings section.

Credit(s): Micosay

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Wave 2 Legends Class Found at US Retail (1938153)
Posted by fenrir72 on February 13th, 2018 @ 12:17am CST
Just got these duo! TRU btw! Great update!
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Wave 2 Legends Class Found at US Retail (1938164)
Posted by WreckerJack on February 13th, 2018 @ 1:05am CST
Bounti76 wrote:

Do you have a bunch of fembots in your collection?

Getting there. It's mostly a want list but I can get overly excited if I want to. :KREMZEEK:
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Wave 2 Legends Class Found at US Retail (1938167)
Posted by bodrock on February 13th, 2018 @ 1:57am CST
WreckerJack wrote:
Bounti76 wrote:

Do you have a bunch of fembots in your collection?

I don't have that many fembots but more are always welcome!

I was also wishing the recent TR Arcee (with Leonad lol) was Combiner-compatible....her, Moonracer, Elita-1, Novastar, and TBD would be a great Combiner or Super-Suit of the Primes for Elita-1. :BOT: :michaelbay:

EDIT:
I gotta say Metalhawk is my favorite Prime Master of wave1 and possibly wave2 -- but Skullgrin is kinda adorable. <!-- ia0 -->IMG_0402.JPG<!-- ia0 -->
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Wave 2 Legends Class Found at US Retail (1938189)
Posted by Emerje on February 13th, 2018 @ 5:59am CST
I've barely seen any of wave 1 and wave 2 is already showing up. Nice to see distribution has gotten better with PotP. :roll:

Emerje
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Wave 2 Legends Class Found at US Retail (1938201)
Posted by Caelus on February 13th, 2018 @ 6:54am CST
bodrock wrote:
WreckerJack wrote:
Bounti76 wrote:

Do you have a bunch of fembots in your collection?

I don't have that many fembots but more are always welcome!

Not counting Minicons:

T-30 Chromia
T-30 Windblade
CW Torchbearers
TR Windblade
TR Nautica
PotP Slash

Plus 3rd party versions of Glyph, Arcee, Elita-1, and Solus Prime.

I had movie Fembots too, but I've sold at least half of my movie figures now.

Eventually I want to get Cybertron Thunderblast, some version of Strika (I wish they'd retooled CW Onslaught), and of course PotP Moonracer and Novastar. Still on the fence about PotP Elita-1. Edit: Want a Slipstream too.
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Wave 2 Legends Class Found at US Retail (1938211)
Posted by zodconvoy on February 13th, 2018 @ 7:37am CST

He's not as MTMTE as the last one. Like, a combination of the two would be perfect.
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Wave 2 Legends Class Found at US Retail (1938213)
Posted by Caelus on February 13th, 2018 @ 7:42am CST
zodconvoy wrote:I picked up Tailgate last night from Walmart. They had the Battletrap figures but I passed on them. Didn't ring up in the system so I told her it was $4.99 and she rang it up that way.

Alternatively, you could have told her he was $9.98, and just stuck one of the Battletrap figures under your shirt. Would have been the same difference, right?
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Wave 2 Legends Class Found at US Retail (1938215)
Posted by zodconvoy on February 13th, 2018 @ 7:45am CST
Caelus wrote:

But then I'd have Battletrap. I didn't want Battletrap.
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Wave 2 Legends Class Found at US Retail (1938237)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on February 13th, 2018 @ 9:50am CST
I've got a prediction for the later part of the Power of the Primes line. We're all hoping for and anticipating more Season 2 Female Autobots to complete the Elita One combiner. We've got Elita One as the torso and Moonracer and Firestar as two limbs. That's two more limbs to go, but three characters left to choose from: Greenlight, Lancer, and Chromia. We already have a Generations Chromia figure from Thrilling 30 several years ago. It would make the most sense to make Greenlight and Lancer the other two limbs. However, that still kind of leaves Chromia out of the mix, making the team one iconic member short. I can see her as a Legends scale "sixth member", a la the new Slash for the Dinobots. She may not combine with her teammates as was the trend for combiner teams during Combiner Wars, but she'd still be available to display with the others if desired. I could see a redeco and retool of CW Groove work, or Hasbro could surprise us with a brand new mold altogether.
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Wave 2 Legends Class Found at US Retail (1938247)
Posted by ZeroWolf on February 13th, 2018 @ 10:46am CST
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Wave 2 Legends Class Found at US Retail (1938248)
Posted by Caelus on February 13th, 2018 @ 10:47am CST
ZeroWolf wrote:I could see a chromia from a retool of Groove actually, in the same colour scheme as her IDW self

I'd go with Afterburner.
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Wave 2 Legends Class Found at US Retail (1938259)
Posted by D-Maximus_Prime on February 13th, 2018 @ 11:13am CST
WreckerJack wrote:
Bounti76 wrote:

Do you have a bunch of fembots in your collection?

I too am excited for the ladies to come! so far, I have the T30 and TR Windblade, Chromia, Nautica, Arcee, Victorion and components, and Slash, so Elita, Firestar, and Moonracer are welcome additions. I wouldn't mind Lancer and Greenlight, but the picture on the side of Jazz's box shows the Elita-1 combiner with him as a leg and Moonracer as an arm, with a black colored Jazz (maybe, could be a shadow color over it too) as the other leg, so maybe a Ricochet in wave 5. But I still would like the other 2 ladies!

And those ladies are just my generations gals. I have 3 Strongarms, an RiD Windblade, BH Arcee, Cyberwarp,
and Skyjack. There is going to be a massive girls night out eventually!

EDIT: forgot about airachnid
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Wave 2 Legends Class Found at US Retail (1938271)
Posted by Munkky on February 13th, 2018 @ 11:42am CST
In terms of fembots, the only ones I have in my primary display collection are Thrilling 30 Arcee and Chromia, and Takara Legends Blackarachnia. I also have a Prime Deluxe Airachnid which I don't particularly want any more, but I doubt I could ever sell her because of how unpopular a figure she is. The only upcoming fembot I'm definitely going to buy is Elita-1, while Moonracer and Novastar are still on my maybe pile.
As I mentioned in an earlier post, I intend to get Unite Warriors Megatronia fairly soon. I don't like Victorion or the Torchbearers all that much, Takara's Waifucons (as I like to call them) stand out more to me as characters.
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Wave 2 Legends Class Found at US Retail (1938287)
Posted by o.supreme on February 13th, 2018 @ 12:13pm CST
To be honest, I don't look at *most* Transformers as male or female (with the exception of Arcee because my daughter loves her :lol: ). But I just get, as with anything, what matches the play pattern/gimmick I'm interested in.

I bought TR Arcee especially as a gift for my daughter. Nautica was given to her as a result of purchasing the Velocitron set. I also have Victorion and Megatronia, because I am a Combiner completionist. I also have PotP Slash because she goes with Volcanicus. I anticipate purchasing PotP Elita-1, Moonracer, Novastar, and any others that happen to be components of combiners.

I've been pretty vocal about not liking Windblade, its just that Hasbro has had this whole *THIS IS WHAT YOU, THE FANS WANTED, WHAT YOU VOTED FOR SO NOW HAVE IT X1000!!! approach that bugs me. I'll be perfectly content never owning a Windblade toy, unless she somehow becomes part of a combiner.
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Wave 2 Legends Class Found at US Retail (1938289)
Posted by Black Hat on February 13th, 2018 @ 12:19pm CST
I like having plenty of ladies in my collection. I've got Legends Arcee, Prime Arcee (standing in as Chromia, she'll be getting a new head soon), Animated Blackarachnia and the Megatronia team thus far. I do have an Animated Arcee too but she's awaiting customization into a Minerva.

I will say, I'm not too happy with the latest direction of "Barely retool a male character and call it a female" they've been doing, but it has been getting better. Elita 1 looks pretty OK for a retool. Though I am disappointed that Warden's first original female mold, Moonracer, is as flawed as it is. I'll probably still buy her but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't underwhelmed by pictures of her.
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Wave 2 Legends Class Found at US Retail (1938304)
Posted by Caelus on February 13th, 2018 @ 12:43pm CST
Found Rodimus Unicronus and Optimus Prime at Knoxville Walmart today.
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Wave 2 Legends Class Found at US Retail (1938315)
Posted by william-james88 on February 13th, 2018 @ 1:29pm CST
Munkky wrote:I also have a Prime Deluxe Airachnid which I don't particularly want any more, but I doubt I could ever sell her because of how unpopular a figure she is.

Just curious, but does that mean there was a time when you wanted that figure? ;)

Anyways, not to salten the wound but the way I got her last year was someone gave her away to me if I bought a few other things from them.

o.supreme wrote:To be honest, I don't look at *most* Transformers as male or female

I am in it for the toy designs and puzzle aspect so I never really cared much for a TF's gender.

For all those that care though, I will be publishing a list soon of top 5 female TF toys. And I tried to diversify it so that it is not just a bunch of Arcee figures while still making sure the figures on there were really good.

Black Hat wrote: Though I am disappointed that Warden's first original female mold, Moonracer, is as flawed as it is. I'll probably still buy her but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't underwhelmed by pictures of her.

Isnt his first original female mold Slash?
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Wave 2 Legends Class Found at US Retail (1938321)
Posted by Flashwave on February 13th, 2018 @ 1:35pm CST
william-james88 wrote:

for me there was. I knew going into the Deluxe that it was crap, but I wanted at least some representation of her from during the show. She had some good, villiany episodes and deserved to be a noteworthy Decepticon. And secretly, I was hoping that maybe an aftermarket would come out abd help her. No dice though.
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Wave 2 Legends Class Found at US Retail (1938327)
Posted by Black Hat on February 13th, 2018 @ 1:47pm CST
william-james88 wrote:

Isnt his first original female mold Slash?

Oh yes, so it is. Derrrrp.
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Wave 2 Legends Class Found at US Retail (1938376)
Posted by ZeroWolf on February 13th, 2018 @ 4:07pm CST
Flashwave wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

Don't beat yourself up, I picked her up from a 2nd hand toy shop for about £2 because of her alt mode...then I transformed her...I instantly regretted it.
Transformers products from AMAZON

Featured Products

Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Strongarm Figure" on AMAZON
You save: 55%
You save: 41%
Buy "Transformers Generations Voyager Class Roadbuster Figure" on AMAZON
You save: 40%
You save: 31%
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumble Figure" on AMAZON
You save: 22%
Buy "TRANSFORMERS MP29(Masterpiece) Defense adviser"Laser Wave" Japan figure/" on AMAZON
You save: 21%