Transformers Power of the Primes Wave 2 Legends Sighted at Australian Retail

Transformers News: Transformers Power of the Primes Wave 2 Legends Sighted at Australian Retail

Tuesday, April 24th, 2018 5:22AM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: Qwan   Views: 10,300

Australian collectors, the day has arrived! At least partially. Via Ozformers user 1azrael1, we have word that the second wave of Power of the Primes Legends have turned up at Australian mass retail! This is the wave that includes Tailgate, Battleslash and Roadtrap, and have been found at a Kmart in Penrith. Hopefully it also means that Wave 2 of the other size classes aren't far away from appearing down under, either. Check out the sighting on Ozformers' Facebook page here!

And speaking of which, here's a little bonus tidbit, which doesn't necessarily mean anything just yet but is still worth noting. Big W's website is now using images of Wave 2 figures on their online listings for "assorted Voyager" and "assorted Legends" toys. Whether this means they're getting them in soon or not, who can tell, but now may be the time to cross your fingers!

If you spot one of these 'bots (or any other figures) around stores near you, why not add it in our sightings section to help out fellow collectors? And as always, remember to stay tuned to Seibertron.com for more news and sightings!

Credit(s): 1azrael1 from Ozformers
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Wave 2 Legends Sighted at Australian Retail (1955753)
Posted by Burn on April 24th, 2018 @ 5:25am CDT
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Wave 2 Legends Sighted at Australian Retail (1955754)
Posted by ZeroWolf on April 24th, 2018 @ 5:46am CDT
Burn wrote:Huzzah! I for one cannot wait for these to show up around my way! Only two more months!

Two months :shock:

I can't make my mind up if that's better or worse than the UK...:-?
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Wave 2 Legends Sighted at Australian Retail (1955755)
Posted by Qwan on April 24th, 2018 @ 6:00am CDT

That reminds me - how's Wave 1 treatin' ya? ;)

It's weird, I'm so used to grouching about those dang early-toy-getting dang city slickers, but since the last wave appeared I've become one of the dang city slickers. It's quite the conflict, let me tell you.
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Wave 2 Legends Sighted at Australian Retail (1955763)
Posted by Black Hat on April 24th, 2018 @ 7:18am CDT
Seibertron wrote:
Burn wrote:Hasbro dropped the ball on Pretenders.

:APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE:

I want Pretenders done right! Or at least a new common "theme" for them where the "inner" robots can become armor for the action figure "shell" instead of actually being a robot that goes in a shell. I have faith that Hasbro can figure out how to do Pretenders right again with modern toy technology.

I'm half with you. I agree as updates to the Pretenders, the Prime Masters are teh suck. As fun little cheap mini-figures though, I think they're kinda cool. I agree 100% we need new figures of the Pretenders that actually have articulation, even if they're just "regular" TFs with the TR gimmick (especially my boi Skullgrin) but as toys I think the Prime Masters are kinda interesting. But then I think of the Prime Master as a little sentient Matrix, with the shells as nothing more than an idol/sarcophagus that contains them.
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Wave 2 Legends Sighted at Australian Retail (1955772)
Posted by RiddlerJ on April 24th, 2018 @ 8:20am CDT
Black Hat wrote:
Seibertron wrote:
Burn wrote:Hasbro dropped the ball on Pretenders.

:APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE:

I don't mind the little mini Pretenders. I think they solve the whole scale problem since Pretenders were supposed to be able to blend in with humans and the like.

While I would've loved large scale shells, I don't think HasTak could've pulled it off with the shortcuts they've been taking to the figures. Maybe back in 2010.

I would've been perfectly happy with deluxe sized headmaster(titan master) figures who came with the little shells for the head robot to hide in which would've even made since from a fiction point of view. I wouldn't have even minded a number of repaints. Remember how many people were hoping for the Bludgeon/Hardhead repaint? I'm sure a few of the other Titans Returns figures could been utilized.

Sadly, even that seemed too much for the budget. They should've just keep the small figures as Pretender characters. Trying to also fit the 13 in there was too much and sloppy.

<!-- ia0 -->1871-potp-metalhawk2.jpg<!-- ia0 -->
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Wave 2 Legends Sighted at Australian Retail (1955780)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on April 24th, 2018 @ 8:47am CDT
Seibertron wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
Notsofriendly wrote:I'm a little behind on news it seems. Is Wave 4 of Power of the Primes really the final wave?

Yes Wave 4 is the final wave. Novastar is the only new deluxe. No new Leader Class figure. Unknown on the Voyager, Legend and Prime Master classes yet, but doubtful there too.

Any reason you guys think Hasbro won't announce another wave at SDCC? With Wave 3 due to come out any week here, it seems highly likely to me that there should be at least one more wave due to be announced for SDCC. I can't imagine that they'll release POTP Predaking in August and not have other new POTP products at retail for September, October and November prior to the 2019 release of the "War for Cybertron" toys, if I understand the timeline correctly.

I'd love to share your optimism, but waves 1-4 of Power of the Primes is matching up way too much with waves 3-6 of Titans Return for me to buy in. I'd rather expect the worst and be pleasantly surprised than have any hopes crushed (again). In fact, last year at SDCC is when they pretty much confirmed that Titans Return was going out with a whimper with only 1 new figure in the final wave. I expect more of the same from them.
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Wave 2 Legends Sighted at Australian Retail (1955782)
Posted by Deadput on April 24th, 2018 @ 9:05am CDT
The pretenders could of been better with more articulation yes but deluxe sized pretenders are stupid.

Not for the characters themselves but as Pretenders, how can they disguise themselves as humans when their gigantic?

Making them deluxe sized would of repeated the whole failure of the original Pretenders.

The deluxe Metalhawk from TR is great but it's not a pretender at all.
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Wave 2 Legends Sighted at Australian Retail (1955790)
Posted by ZeroWolf on April 24th, 2018 @ 9:30am CDT
RiddlerJ wrote:
Black Hat wrote:
Seibertron wrote:
Burn wrote:Hasbro dropped the ball on Pretenders.

:APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE:

[attachment=0]1871-potp-metalhawk2.jpg[/attachment]

This approach may have been the best as things stand and would have meant the big bot came with a weapon. Though evolving the idea further, imagine if they found a way to make the shells more articulated to get them to interact with the bigger bot in vehicle mode.

Though Hasbro would have my money if they went all in on the Pretenders (I blame bodrock and his thread)
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Wave 2 Legends Sighted at Australian Retail (1955823)
Posted by bodrock on April 24th, 2018 @ 11:59am CDT
I like the Pretender Masters for what they are, but would also prefer HasTak go all in on really taking the concept further.....or at least to modern standards (with articulation lol).<!-- ia0 -->IMG_1967.JPG<!-- ia0 -->As it is, they are perfectly scaled for humanoids, but I also see them as sentient matrices with shells, much like Black Hat.

That said, I gotta have that Baby Bludgeon, so he can be held by RotF Bludgeon. I've pretty much given up on finding the g1 original for a good deal (no way I'm paying $100+!)....I'd pay that for a Masterpiece, however.
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Wave 2 Legends Sighted at Australian Retail (1955827)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on April 24th, 2018 @ 12:05pm CDT
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Wave 2 Legends Sighted at Australian Retail (1955830)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 24th, 2018 @ 12:07pm CDT
Wolfman Jake wrote:I have the Titans Return deluxe Metalhawk and paired him with the Power of the Primes "Vector Prime" Prime Master. I agree that a great way to have done pretenders would have been to have done new updated versions of the inner robots with removable heads that become Titan Masters that then fit inside the decoy armor shells when not riding around in their "transtector's" vehicle mode. You can emulate this idea with the figures I mentioned above, and it really works pretty well, especially when the shell itself can convert into a weapon for the robot mode to hold. All the pieces are there, but Hasbro and Takara just didn't put them together that way.
And that's basically what Legends Grand Maximus was gonna be like had his Pretender shell got to have been included.
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Wave 2 Legends Sighted at Australian Retail (1955832)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on April 24th, 2018 @ 12:09pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:

That still saddens me. It would have put Grand Maximus over the top from a great exclusive to a MUST HAVE. Maybe Takara will figure out another way to get Grand's pretender shell out there.
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Wave 2 Legends Sighted at Australian Retail (1955957)
Posted by Burn on April 24th, 2018 @ 7:59pm CDT
Qwan wrote:

That reminds me - how's Wave 1 treatin' ya? ;)

What ones I've been able to find, I haven't been able to afford.

K-Mart and Targets new inflated prices are almost pricing me out of collecting.
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Wave 2 Legends Sighted at Australian Retail (1955960)
Posted by william-james88 on April 24th, 2018 @ 8:06pm CDT
Burn wrote:
Qwan wrote:

That reminds me - how's Wave 1 treatin' ya? ;)

What ones I've been able to find, I haven't been able to afford.

K-Mart and Targets new inflated prices are almost pricing me out of collecting.

Is that similar to the price hike we canuks also got, with $40 AUD for voyagers and $70 AUD for leaders?
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Wave 2 Legends Sighted at Australian Retail (1955962)
Posted by Burn on April 24th, 2018 @ 8:07pm CDT
I'll probably just end up ordering them through HLJ. Works out roughly the same.
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Wave 2 Legends Sighted at Australian Retail (1955977)
Posted by Qwan on April 24th, 2018 @ 8:29pm CDT
Burn wrote:$35AUD for Deluxes, no idea about Voyagers or Leaders as I haven't even seen them.

So far I've seen Voyagers and Leaders remaining at $50 and ~$90 respectively, pretty much everywhere. But ugh, $35 for Deluxes is just awful and it's making it hard for me to justify picking any of them up either :( . At this point buying two Deluxes in most stores is the same price as both a Voyager and a Legends, or three the same as a Leader and a Prime Master with $5 left over!

I think it's literally just Big W that's pricing Deluxes at the slightly more reasonable $30 now. At least that's in line with CW Deluxes which these basically are, even if it's still painful parting with that much for a single Jazz/Dreadwind/etc.

Speaking of Legends though, it sounds like a bunch of Kmarts are getting the Wave 2 Legends now. I guess I'll do a brief sweep of the ones near me today, but I'm not super optimistic just yet. Fingers crossed though.
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Wave 2 Legends Sighted at Australian Retail (1955982)
Posted by william-james88 on April 24th, 2018 @ 8:36pm CDT
eeesh, that is just not affordable (to me at least)
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Wave 2 Legends Sighted at Australian Retail (1955986)
Posted by Burn on April 24th, 2018 @ 8:43pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:eeesh, that is just not affordable (to me at least)

It really isn't. Aside from the Wave 1 Prime Masters I've only gotten Beachcomber, Skrapnel, Swoop and Slag, and I only got the last two because I managed to hit up a Big W (the closest of which is an hour away) when they were on special.
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Wave 2 Legends Sighted at Australian Retail (1955991)
Posted by Cobotron on April 24th, 2018 @ 8:51pm CDT
Burn wrote:$35AUD for Deluxes
*does a quick currency conversion*

:shock: HOLY SMOKES! For a Deluxe?!?!? That's OUTRAGEOUS!
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Wave 2 Legends Sighted at Australian Retail (1955997)
Posted by william-james88 on April 24th, 2018 @ 9:28pm CDT
Burn wrote:
william-james88 wrote:eeesh, that is just not affordable (to me at least)

But with crazy prices like that, I am assuming they persist because enough people purchase them? So prents can afford expensive toys like this for their kids? I remember once in Canada walmart added 5$ to voyagers. No one bought there and they dropped the 5 dollar increase to match what TRU was charging.
Transformers products from AMAZON

Featured Products

Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumble Figure" on AMAZON
You save: 41%
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #200 - Requiem of the Twincast
"Requiem of the Twincast"
Posted: Sunday, May 20th, 2018