Transformers Power of the Primes Wreck-Gar Sighted in the UK

Transformers News: Transformers Power of the Primes Wreck-Gar Sighted in the UK

Monday, October 22nd, 2018 4:08AM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 10,530

Coming from the UK side of Transformers Twitter, we have a sighting not exactly at retail - as it's in a comic book shop that imports collectables and figures, Orbital Comics - of the Walgreens exclusive (in the US) Power of the Primes Deluxe Wreck-Gar.

Priced next to Novastar at £24.99 (USD 30+ at the time of writing), the figure can be seen in the image below in its packaging, thanks to TF_PFoz. If you come across any similar or any sightings yourself, make sure to use the Sightings Database tool, right here, to help out other fellow Transformers fans and collectors!

Transformers News: Transformers Power of the Primes Wreck-Gar Sighted in the UK
Credit(s): TF_PFoz

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Wreck-Gar Sighted in the UK (1990210)
Posted by Coptur on October 22nd, 2018 @ 4:35am CDT
It's nice that they're in the country.

...But Orbital Comics is very niche store in London so i wouldn't count this as a mass retail release.

hot damn do i want that Scarlet Spider more and more.
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Wreck-Gar Sighted in the UK (1990212)
Posted by ZeroWolf on October 22nd, 2018 @ 4:53am CDT
To be fair, if one independent shop got him in others might of as well.
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Wreck-Gar Sighted in the UK (1990216)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on October 22nd, 2018 @ 7:01am CDT
£24.99 seems very steep for a PotP Deluxe. They're usually about £18 with the Voyagers being about £25.
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Wreck-Gar Sighted in the UK (1990218)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on October 22nd, 2018 @ 7:19am CDT
In my experience, prices at independent shops are a crapshoot. Sometimes they're lower, sometimes they're jacked up.

ZeroWolf wrote:Love volcanius new sword, scratch built or from the webs?

Scratchbuilt. I designed it as an amalgamation of details from the individual Dinobots' swords. How could I have gotten such a sword off the web when thanks to stupid lazy Earth Wars all the 3rd-party groups are making is scaled-up FOC Grimlock swords?
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Wreck-Gar Sighted in the UK (1990361)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on October 22nd, 2018 @ 6:43pm CDT
I stand by my belief that this is the best Leader mold we got in this line. Primal is so playable and so much fun and can do so much. And he looks stunning, really nice on all account. I did take the pin out of this one, but kept the Throne on as is. The pin came out really nicely, and I like that little Primal can still snap onto the rest of his back still just fine! I like to think little Primal transforms into a backpack that can powerup Optimal
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Wreck-Gar Sighted in the UK (1990366)
Posted by Skritz on October 22nd, 2018 @ 6:52pm CDT
It can still combine if you remove the pin? Neat. :-D
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Wreck-Gar Sighted in the UK (1990369)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on October 22nd, 2018 @ 6:56pm CDT
Skritz wrote:It can still combine if you remove the pin? Neat. :-D

Yep! Each location where Primal is supposed to set, you can still peg him in! I'm pretty sure he can't do the jet mode anymore, but in all honesty, the jet mode is kinda there and I don't care about the lack of truck mode too much. GIANT FRIKKIN BATTLE APE BITCHES
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Wreck-Gar Sighted in the UK (1990370)
Posted by Skritz on October 22nd, 2018 @ 6:57pm CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
Skritz wrote:It can still combine if you remove the pin? Neat. :-D

Ah, well I might not do it then, if only because the goofy jet mode is toy and show accurate to the original. >:oP
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Wreck-Gar Sighted in the UK (1990375)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on October 22nd, 2018 @ 7:14pm CDT
Skritz wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
Skritz wrote:It can still combine if you remove the pin? Neat. :-D

Hold on... yeah, I think he can still peg in place to do the jet mode. And yes he can!
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Wreck-Gar Sighted in the UK (1990393)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on October 22nd, 2018 @ 7:54pm CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
Skritz wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
Skritz wrote:It can still combine if you remove the pin? Neat. :-D

Solid:
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Wreck-Gar Sighted in the UK (1990446)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on October 23rd, 2018 @ 12:45am CDT
...SOMEBODY PHOTOGRAPH THAT NEXT TO SIXSHOT'S "WINGWOLF" MODE!
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Wreck-Gar Sighted in the UK (1990524)
Posted by RiddlerJ on October 23rd, 2018 @ 11:19am CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:Thanks Seibertron! I managed to get Primal from HTS while I was at work Friday (I check the site frequently throughout the day even if I cannot be signed in and on it).

It's also kinda funny how things work out. I have only ever bought 2 figures while at work ever, and both were this year at this job and both were Optimus Primal. Kind of a cool fact about my monkeys

But most importantly: this means my Maximals are complete!!! ...well minus a Blackarachnia, but we're getting there.

There's Legends Blackarachnia. Though she's probably expensive as all heck now.
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Wreck-Gar Sighted in the UK (1990528)
Posted by william-james88 on October 23rd, 2018 @ 11:34am CDT
RiddlerJ wrote:
There's Legends Blackarachnia. Though she's probably expensive as all heck now.

She cant be that expensi....... OMFG

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Takara-Tomy-Tra ... :rk:1:pf:0
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Wreck-Gar Sighted in the UK (1990566)
Posted by Black Hat on October 23rd, 2018 @ 2:27pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
RiddlerJ wrote:
There's Legends Blackarachnia. Though she's probably expensive as all heck now.

She cant be that expensi....... OMFG

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Takara-Tomy-Tra ... :rk:1:pf:0

FWIW Mandarake usually has her for at most 5000 yen, which isn't too bad for a Legends figure (she was going much cheaper but I guess supply is drying out a bit).
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Wreck-Gar Sighted in the UK (1990576)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on October 23rd, 2018 @ 2:36pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
RiddlerJ wrote:
There's Legends Blackarachnia. Though she's probably expensive as all heck now.

She cant be that expensi....... OMFG

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Takara-Tomy-Tra ... :rk:1:pf:0

OUCH! I'm so glad I got her when she first came out. Even though she's a flawed and misassembled figure, she's the best we have right now for an "on model" Blackaracnia.
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Wreck-Gar Sighted in the UK (1990578)
Posted by ZeroWolf on October 23rd, 2018 @ 2:38pm CDT
Wolfman Jake wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
RiddlerJ wrote:
There's Legends Blackarachnia. Though she's probably expensive as all heck now.

She cant be that expensi....... OMFG

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Takara-Tomy-Tra ... :rk:1:pf:0

What was mis-assembled about her?
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Wreck-Gar Sighted in the UK (1990581)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on October 23rd, 2018 @ 2:48pm CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
RiddlerJ wrote:
There's Legends Blackarachnia. Though she's probably expensive as all heck now.

She cant be that expensi....... OMFG

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Takara-Tomy-Tra ... :rk:1:pf:0

What was mis-assembled about her?

Something about her torso is misassembled, or something else related, which creates a noticeable gap in her torso in robot mode. Others have done mods to reorient the offending pieces which closes that gap a lot better.
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Wreck-Gar Sighted in the UK (1990583)
Posted by ZeroWolf on October 23rd, 2018 @ 2:51pm CDT
Wolfman Jake wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
RiddlerJ wrote:
There's Legends Blackarachnia. Though she's probably expensive as all heck now.

She cant be that expensi....... OMFG

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Takara-Tomy-Tra ... :rk:1:pf:0

I see :-? Thanks wolfman, I've been looking at her as well and wasn't aware she was mis-assembled.

What was mis-assembled about her?

Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Wreck-Gar Sighted in the UK (1990586)
Posted by Emerje on October 23rd, 2018 @ 3:01pm CDT

Emerje
Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Wreck-Gar Sighted in the UK (1990589)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on October 23rd, 2018 @ 3:12pm CDT
Emerje wrote:Now that more people have Optimal Optimus in hand, how are the joints? Are they better or the same as Throne of the Primes OpOp? TotP version's joints are total garbage and can barely stand without his hips, knees, and ankles all giving out and his elbows can't support the scepter. I can probably fix them with some floor polish and a screwdriver, but I really don't want to have to do it twice.

Emerje

I don't have the retail version of Optimal Optimus yet, but my Throne of the Primes exclusive version has great joints. They are tight and my figure can stand just fine on his own, even wielding the Scepter of the Primes with no problem. The only issue I have is that the tabs on the shaft of the scepter don't fit into the holes inside the palms of the hands. I'm pretty sure this is a big "your mileage may vary" situation, as others have reported both good and bad joints from their copies over the past several months.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Fangry Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Loudmouth" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Armada Megatron Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #211 - On The Prowl
"On The Prowl"
Posted: Sunday, November 4th, 2018

Buy "Transformers Universe Decepticon HEAVY LOAD Heavyload with Drill Bit Mini-Con" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Universe Voyager Class Heavy Load" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Invasion optimus prime KO generations Voyager size" on EBAY
Buy "NEW - Transformers: Monstrosity by Metzen, Chris; Dille, Flint" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Dinobot SWOOP HEAD BEAK ASSEMBLY Part Lot Weapon Missiles" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Universe HEAVY LOAD Voyager Class  figure complete no mini con" on EBAY
Buy "New 2012 Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Nova Stinger Bow Airachnid Figure 3"" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers BACKFIRE Scout Class 2008 Hasbro Tomy" on EBAY