Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-18 Airachnid and AM-17 Swoop Listed

Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-18 Airachnid and AM-17 Swoop Listed

Wednesday, April 11th, 2012 8:18am CDT

Categories: Cartoon News, Toy News, Sponsor News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 36,483

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Site sponsor Kapow Toys dropped by with some exciting news. They've listed two new pre-orders for Takara Transformers Prime Arms Micron figures scheduled to arrive in August, AM-18 Arachnid and AM-17 Swoop! We got our first look at Deluxe Airachnid late last month, but this is the first we've heard of Voyager Swoop. Are the Dinobots headed for Transformers Prime?

Still no word on what character will fill the AM-15 and AM-16 slots.

Credit(s): Kapow Toys


News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-18 Airachnid and AM-17 Swoop Listed (1367956)
Posted by BeastProwl on April 11th, 2012 @ 9:01am CDT
I hope pics come soon for Swoop. I want to know whats up! If they are doing the dinos, and swoop is the first one, that means they have to do more!
Re: Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-18 Airachnid and AM-17 Swoop Listed (1367959)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 11th, 2012 @ 9:04am CDT
I'm betting Swoop will be another case like Skywarp: A redeco of an existing mold. And given his airborne name, I'm thinking a redeco of either Voyager Starscream or Dreadwing.
Re: Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-18 Airachnid and AM-17 Swoop Listed (1367966)
Posted by F Prime on April 11th, 2012 @ 9:24am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:I'm betting Swoop will be another case like Skywarp: A redeco of an existing mold. And given his airborne name, I'm thinking a redeco of either Voyager Starscream or Dreadwing.


I hope this isn't the case. Do we know whether or not he abandoned his dino mode from FoC? My hope is not, but I haven't heard anything.
Re: Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-18 Airachnid and AM-17 Swoop Listed (1367971)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 11th, 2012 @ 9:32am CDT
F Prime wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:I'm betting Swoop will be another case like Skywarp: A redeco of an existing mold. And given his airborne name, I'm thinking a redeco of either Voyager Starscream or Dreadwing.


I hope this isn't the case. Do we know whether or not he abandoned his dino mode from FoC? My hope is not, but I haven't heard anything.
Well, I'm only thinking this since there's been no Dinobot molds announced by Hasbro yet, and Takara's only using existing molds for the figures (model kits don't count) in the Prime AM line. So what's left for Takara to use? Existing molds. And, unless Hasbro pulls a Pteranodon mold out of thin air pretty soon, Starscream and Dreadwing may be the best ones available to use.
Re: Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-18 Airachnid and AM-17 Swoop Listed (1367979)
Posted by F Prime on April 11th, 2012 @ 10:02am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
F Prime wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:I'm betting Swoop will be another case like Skywarp: A redeco of an existing mold. And given his airborne name, I'm thinking a redeco of either Voyager Starscream or Dreadwing.


I hope this isn't the case. Do we know whether or not he abandoned his dino mode from FoC? My hope is not, but I haven't heard anything.
Well, I'm only thinking this since there's been no Dinobot molds announced by Hasbro yet, and Takara's only using existing molds for the figures (model kits don't count) in the Prime AM line. So what's left for Takara to use? Existing molds. And, unless Hasbro pulls a Pteranodon mold out of thin air pretty soon, Starscream and Dreadwing may be the best ones available to use.


My hope would be that they wouldn't treat this character that way, but you never know. They have made worse decisions in the past.
Re: Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-18 Airachnid and AM-17 Swoop Listed (1367980)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on April 11th, 2012 @ 10:05am CDT
It's also entirely possible that Swoop is the Japanese name of Dreadwing. TakaraTomy isn't above changing names to suit their needs, US Animated Bulkhead into Ironhide, and Ironhide into Armorhide being good examples.
Re: Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-18 Airachnid and AM-17 Swoop Listed (1367983)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 11th, 2012 @ 10:19am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:It's also entirely possible that Swoop is the Japanese name of Dreadwing. TakaraTomy isn't above changing names to suit their needs, US Animated Bulkhead into Ironhide, and Ironhide into Armorhide being good examples.
The full name of the toy listing is AM-17 Autobot Swoop (not on Kapow Toys, but on other place like the Planet Iacon Facebook).
Re: Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-18 Airachnid and AM-17 Swoop Listed (1367985)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on April 11th, 2012 @ 10:23am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:It's also entirely possible that Swoop is the Japanese name of Dreadwing. TakaraTomy isn't above changing names to suit their needs, US Animated Bulkhead into Ironhide, and Ironhide into Armorhide being good examples.
The full name of the toy listing is AM-17 Autobot Swoop (not on Kapow Toys, but on other place like the Planet Iacon Facebook).


Huh. Color me surprised :lol:
Re: Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-18 Airachnid and AM-17 Swoop Listed (1367988)
Posted by gavinfuzzy on April 11th, 2012 @ 10:46am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
F Prime wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:I'm betting Swoop will be another case like Skywarp: A redeco of an existing mold. And given his airborne name, I'm thinking a redeco of either Voyager Starscream or Dreadwing.


I hope this isn't the case. Do we know whether or not he abandoned his dino mode from FoC? My hope is not, but I haven't heard anything.
Well, I'm only thinking this since there's been no Dinobot molds announced by Hasbro yet, and Takara's only using existing molds for the figures (model kits don't count) in the Prime AM line. So what's left for Takara to use? Existing molds. And, unless Hasbro pulls a Pteranodon mold out of thin air pretty soon, Starscream and Dreadwing may be the best ones available to use.


TFP Voyager Breakdown was revealed by Takara 1st, and not Hasbro.
Re: Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-18 Airachnid and AM-17 Swoop Listed (1367989)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 11th, 2012 @ 10:55am CDT
gavinfuzzy wrote:TFP Voyager Breakdown was revealed by Takara 1st, and not Hasbro.
That was a dual Hasbro/Takara panel. Both companies were present for that convention.
Re: Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-18 Airachnid and AM-17 Swoop Listed (1367993)
Posted by Hypershock on April 11th, 2012 @ 11:09am CDT
swoop's probably just gonna be a repaint of dreadwing or starscream :/
Re: Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-18 Airachnid and AM-17 Swoop Listed (1367998)
Posted by gavinfuzzy on April 11th, 2012 @ 11:22am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
gavinfuzzy wrote:TFP Voyager Breakdown was revealed by Takara 1st, and not Hasbro.
That was a dual Hasbro/Takara panel. Both companies were present for that convention.


Yes, both companies were present, but it was revealed in the Takara panel, as part of the AM line, but not showed in subsequent hasbro presentations. Well, takara does create most of the molds anyways. But I still doubt it's the Dinobot swoop. More like Skyquake-repaint-swoop.
Re: Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-18 Airachnid and AM-17 Swoop Listed (1368000)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 11th, 2012 @ 11:30am CDT
gavinfuzzy wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
gavinfuzzy wrote:TFP Voyager Breakdown was revealed by Takara 1st, and not Hasbro.
That was a dual Hasbro/Takara panel. Both companies were present for that convention.


Yes, both companies were present, but it was revealed in the Takara panel, as part of the AM line, but not showed in subsequent hasbro presentations. Well, takara does create most of the molds anyways.
It was still the Hasbro version of the prototype, as, like you said, Takara makes the molds.

gavinfuzzy wrote:But I still doubt it's the Dinobot swoop. More like Skyquake-repaint-swoop.
It'll probably be like a "what if" body, since it'll be an Aligned Swoop toy. Or, then again, since Japan isn't getting the video games, it'll be a Japanese Prime coninuity version of Aligned Swoop, who is a jet instead of a dino. ;)
Re: Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-18 Airachnid and AM-17 Swoop Listed (1368003)
Posted by Dead Metal on April 11th, 2012 @ 11:48am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
gavinfuzzy wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
gavinfuzzy wrote:TFP Voyager Breakdown was revealed by Takara 1st, and not Hasbro.
That was a dual Hasbro/Takara panel. Both companies were present for that convention.


Yes, both companies were present, but it was revealed in the Takara panel, as part of the AM line, but not showed in subsequent hasbro presentations. Well, takara does create most of the molds anyways.
It was still the Hasbro version of the prototype, as, like you said, Takara makes the molds.

gavinfuzzy wrote:But I still doubt it's the Dinobot swoop. More like Skyquake-repaint-swoop.
It'll probably be like a "what if" body, since it'll be an Aligned Swoop toy. Or, then again, since Japan isn't getting the video games, it'll be a Japanese Prime coninuity version of Aligned Swoop, who is a jet instead of a dino. ;)

Takara has revealed plenty of figures before Hasbro, like for instance Airachnid and PRID Voyager Bulkhead.
Re: Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-18 Airachnid and AM-17 Swoop Listed (1368004)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 11th, 2012 @ 11:53am CDT
Dead Metal wrote:Takara has revealed plenty of figures before Hasbro, like for instance Airachnid and PRID Voyager Bulkhead.
When did they reveal Bulkhead first?

And the only pics we've seen of Airachnid have been of the Hasbro version in scans of a Chinese magazine.
Re: Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-18 Airachnid and AM-17 Swoop Listed (1368013)
Posted by Dead Metal on April 11th, 2012 @ 12:07pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:Takara has revealed plenty of figures before Hasbro, like for instance Airachnid and PRID Voyager Bulkhead.
When did they reveal Bulkhead first?

And the only pics we've seen of Airachnid have been of the Hasbro version in scans of a Chinese magazine.

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... nid/23767/
It's just concept art from the show, but we heard of the existence of these by Takara first. And Swoop is a likely repeat.

There are even older cases than these, like Universe Ratchet, and Dinobot.
Re: Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-18 Airachnid and AM-17 Swoop Listed (1368014)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 11th, 2012 @ 12:11pm CDT
Dead Metal wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:Takara has revealed plenty of figures before Hasbro, like for instance Airachnid and PRID Voyager Bulkhead.
When did they reveal Bulkhead first?

And the only pics we've seen of Airachnid have been of the Hasbro version in scans of a Chinese magazine.

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... nid/23767/
It's just concept art from the show, but we heard of the existence of these by Takara first. And Swoop is a likely repeat.

There are even older cases than these, like Universe Ratchet, and Dinobot.
Okay, I'll concede on new molds being announced by Takara. You got me on that. Though, it's lately been the Hasbro versions that have been revealed (as in "seen") first.

So, it could be a new mold, yes. Though, if it is, we'll probably see Hasbro's version before we see Takara's. ;)
Re: Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-18 Airachnid and AM-17 Swoop Listed (1368023)
Posted by kirbenvost on April 11th, 2012 @ 12:28pm CDT
Swoop, eh... interesting news, hopefully it'll be a new mold! :)
Re: Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-18 Airachnid and AM-17 Swoop Listed (1368024)
Posted by Dead Metal on April 11th, 2012 @ 12:29pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:Takara has revealed plenty of figures before Hasbro, like for instance Airachnid and PRID Voyager Bulkhead.
When did they reveal Bulkhead first?

And the only pics we've seen of Airachnid have been of the Hasbro version in scans of a Chinese magazine.

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... nid/23767/
It's just concept art from the show, but we heard of the existence of these by Takara first. And Swoop is a likely repeat.

There are even older cases than these, like Universe Ratchet, and Dinobot.
Okay, I'll concede on new molds being announced by Takara. You got me on that. Though, it's lately been the Hasbro versions that have been revealed (as in "seen") first.

So, it could be a new mold, yes. Though, if it is, we'll probably see Hasbro's version before we see Takara's. ;)

Irrelevant, fact is Takara often announces stuff before Hasbro does, even brandnew molds. That was the whole point behind this, that the possibility of this being a new mold is there.
Re: Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-18 Airachnid and AM-17 Swoop Listed (1368073)
Posted by craggy on April 11th, 2012 @ 3:30pm CDT
if it isn't a new mold, and I hope it is, but if it isn't, I'd like them to make whatever they repaint look as much like the G1 comic version of Divebomb as possible. Especially since he seems to already be Swoop in the FOC game.

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Sky Lynx" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Bumblebee Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Skywarp Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
Twincast / Podcast #278:
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers Construct Bots Kit & Parts By Hasbro Ultimate Class E1:01 Megatron" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers AOE Deluxe Lot. Crosshairs and Drift" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Loyal Subjects Optimus Prime Action Figure Funko Pop Autobot" on EBAY
Buy "The Loyal Subjects Transformers Series 2 Shrapnel insecticon in box- opened bag" on EBAY
Buy "The Loyal Subjects Transformers Series 2 ramjet Seeker 2/16 in box- opened bag" on EBAY
Buy "The Loyal Subjects Transformers Series 2 Sideswipe Autobot 84 in box- opened bag" on EBAY
Buy "The Loyal Subjects Transformers Series 2 Thrust Seeker 2/16 in box- opened bag" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Go! G15 Hunter Bulkhead Takara Tomy Japan" on EBAY