Transformers: Prime - Digitalscape to be CG Production Team

Transformers: Prime - Digitalscape to be CG Production Team

Friday, April 23rd, 2010 5:35pm CDT

Category: Cartoon News
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 29,013

We've got the latest news on the soon to be Transformers Cartoon - Prime. Digitalscape Company Limited, famous for their work on such titles as Soul Caliber III, Ninja Gaiden, and Dead or Alive Paradise, look to be the responsible for CG production on the new cartoon. They're looking for 40 new staff members to help with this new project, and they've advertised on their website, as well as their twitter. Prime will be broadcasted on the new Hasbro/Discovery Channel, the Hub.

Keep it at Seibertron.com for the fastest Transformers news on the net!

Credit(s): Digitalscape

Re: Transformers: Prime - Digitalscape to be CG Production Team (1067432)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 23rd, 2010 @ 5:50pm CDT
The news that TF: Prime will be CG just got a whole lot cooler. 8)
Re: Transformers: Prime - Digitalscape to be CG Production Team (1067435)
Posted by Solrac333 on April 23rd, 2010 @ 5:55pm CDT
Don't like CG cartoons but that got my attention. :-?
Re: Transformers: Prime - Digitalscape to be CG Production Team (1067441)
Posted by SlyTF1 on April 23rd, 2010 @ 6:16pm CDT
NOOOOOOOOO! I hate CG cartoons! But if Im right, the CG things listed above look pretty good actually. IDK though.
Re: Transformers: Prime - Digitalscape to be CG Production Team (1067447)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on April 23rd, 2010 @ 6:21pm CDT
Re: Transformers: Prime - Digitalscape to be CG Production Team (1067469)
Posted by hinomars19 on April 23rd, 2010 @ 7:26pm CDT
Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:Hopefully the humans don't look like reboot characters. However I imagine them with very short flowing skirts and breasts that take an hour to stop jiggling afer each step so this might be a good series for me. :KREMZEEK:

awww...you beat me to a DOA paradise joke...(or could you be refereing to ninja gaiden?) DOA girls are nice.... =P~
*ahem* I'm sure they will do a good job, but it all depends on what designs they have to work with, I'm not the biggest fan of that 'Bee' image.
Shame 2D animators are either being shot in darkened back alleys or production teams are too lazy to do stuff like back in the old days.

Damn Kasumi is cute.....

sorry.
Re: Transformers: Prime - Digitalscape to be CG Production Team (1067493)
Posted by MYoung23 on April 23rd, 2010 @ 9:48pm CDT
There is huge difference between producing cut scenes for video games that probably don't add up to a standard 22 minute episode and producing a season's worth of episodes.

Weekly CG shows are incredibly bland and lack detail in comparison to movie CG so excuse if I'm not enthused about a Transformers show that will probably look like Penguins of Madagascar and Back to the Barnyard.
Re: Transformers: Prime - Digitalscape to be CG Production Team (1067497)
Posted by 1337W422102 on April 23rd, 2010 @ 9:56pm CDT
Damn it, someone else already made a jiggle physics joke? (sigh) I always show up late.
Re: Transformers: Prime - Digitalscape to be CG Production Team (1067516)
Posted by Heckfire on April 23rd, 2010 @ 10:41pm CDT
...aw, nertz. The Want-ads for the company are in Japanese, which means I'm in the wrong damn hemisphere. Maybe Activision is hiring...
Re: Transformers: Prime - Digitalscape to be CG Production Team (1067519)
Posted by antimony92 on April 23rd, 2010 @ 10:58pm CDT

And while we're on the subject, am I the only one that's actually excited for a CG transformers cartoon? It seems like every time there's news on Transformers: Prime, the comments are all negative. Sure, it's not G1. Get over it.
Re: Transformers: Prime - Digitalscape to be CG Production Team (1067520)
Posted by 1337W422102 on April 23rd, 2010 @ 10:59pm CDT
antimony92 wrote:Okay, come on, how old are you guys? 12? I highly doubt Hasbro's going to put that kind of junk in a show meant for kids.

Calm down, will ya? We were just commenting on the company's track record.
Re: Transformers: Prime - Digitalscape to be CG Production Team (1067529)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on April 23rd, 2010 @ 11:27pm CDT

I, also, was being humorous, besides, if I didn't say it some one else would have! I saw my opportunity and took it. THAT'S WHAT A HERO DOES! :KREMZEEK:

Also, given that I loved Beast Wars, I'm really looking forward to the new series being done in CG rather than traditional animation, because they tried that with Animated, and it didn't work out. The only thing I'm not looking forward too (other than possably reboot-esque human characters) is Bumblebee and his Groucho Marx eyebrows. *eyebrow waggle, waggle, cigar flick*
Re: Transformers: Prime - Digitalscape to be CG Production Team (1067533)
Posted by MYoung23 on April 23rd, 2010 @ 11:34pm CDT
Just because you had bad animation or rather design aesthetic in the last show doesn't mean you go to substandard CG.
Re: Transformers: Prime - Digitalscape to be CG Production Team (1067540)
Posted by Dead Metal on April 23rd, 2010 @ 11:50pm CDT
1337W422102 wrote:

Calm down, will ya? We were just commenting on the company's track record.

I would have done the same, besides it wouldn't be the first time we saw CGI boobs in a TF show:
ThunderblastBoobsAndNipples01.jpg

Lets see if they can actually make an actual CBI series look good.

Is it me or have CGI series actually gone down in quality since 2002?
Re: Transformers: Prime - Digitalscape to be CG Production Team (1067573)
Posted by Cyberstrike on April 24th, 2010 @ 5:40am CDT
Dead Metal wrote:
1337W422102 wrote:

Calm down, will ya? We were just commenting on the company's track record.

ThunderblastBoobsAndNipples01.jpg

Lets see if they can actually make an actual CBI series look good.

Is it me or have CGI series actually gone down in quality since 2002?

High Quality CGI is both expensive and time consuming.
Re: Transformers: Prime - Digitalscape to be CG Production Team (1067626)
Posted by Dead Metal on April 24th, 2010 @ 10:31am CDT
Cyberstrike wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:
1337W422102 wrote:

Calm down, will ya? We were just commenting on the company's track record.

ThunderblastBoobsAndNipples01.jpg

Lets see if they can actually make an actual CBI series look good.

Is it me or have CGI series actually gone down in quality since 2002?

High Quality CGI is both expensive and time consuming.

That's no excuse to have a new show look worse than a 10 year older one:
Re: Transformers: Prime - Digitalscape to be CG Production Team (1067628)
Posted by 1337W422102 on April 24th, 2010 @ 10:41am CDT
Deadie, that needs more GREATEST HERO OF THEM ALL, DUN-DUN, ACTION MAN
Re: Transformers: Prime - Digitalscape to be CG Production Team (1067630)
Posted by Dead Metal on April 24th, 2010 @ 10:52am CDT
1337W422102 wrote:Deadie, that needs more GREATEST HERO OF THEM ALL, DUN-DUN, ACTION MAN

Hell YEA!
I loved this stuff back in the days, I hated the toys but hell the shows where awesome!

There was another one with a pink haired girl and this big red robot in a futuristic world or somthing kinda looked like anime just CGI and it was awesome!
Re: Transformers: Prime - Digitalscape to be CG Production Team (1067667)
Posted by Chaoslock on April 24th, 2010 @ 2:46pm CDT
Dead Metal wrote:

This one?

or this one?

Heh, I used to watch these as a kid.
Re: Transformers: Prime - Digitalscape to be CG Production Team (1067674)
Posted by vegetacron on April 24th, 2010 @ 3:13pm CDT
It being CGI is pretty cool.

Prime will be broadcasted on the new Hasbro/Discovery Channel, the Hub.

I'm extremely weary of this, but if the do the story right, it could be good.
Re: Transformers: Prime - Digitalscape to be CG Production Team (1067739)
Posted by SlyTF1 on April 24th, 2010 @ 7:56pm CDT
Dead Metal wrote:

Hell YEA!

I remember that show! I had a game of it on my computer I used to play all the time. I remember to this day, in my preeschool class I said "Actian man, F- it up!" Of course I had no idea what it meant, but I still got introuble for it. That seems to be a running problem in my life... :-(

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight 1-Step Turbo Changer Cogman" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "transformers tfcc tfss 1.0 Breakdown" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers DOTM Blackout Cyberverse Legends" on EBAY
Buy "TFCC funpub 2013 Transformers club membership Depthcharge Depth Charge botcon" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Reveal the Shield 'G2' Optimus Prime" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers  Collectors Club Dion - Sealed Unopened with instructions" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G2 Reveal the Shield Deluxe Optimus Prime MOSC" on EBAY