Transformers Prime: No more First Edition toys!

Transformers News: Transformers Prime: No more First Edition toys!

Thursday, January 26th, 2012 2:56pm CST

Categories: Cartoon News, Toy News, Collectables
Posted by: Dead Metal   Views: 45,680

The guys over that the allspark.com had contacted Hasbro directly to find out something new about the Transformers Prime First Edition line up and when the remaining figures would reach the US. Well, it looks like they got their answer and it's not exactly cool.
While we mirror the answer, you can click here to see the original posting.

Hasbro wrote:Prime First Edition was a limited release. Toys R Us stores in each market chose from a variety of assortments available to tease the launch of the 2012 Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Line.

The main line of Robots in Disguise is the new Prime line for 2012. There are no plans at this time for additional Prime First Edition figures, but if there is a demand for them, we may look at it again in the future.

Credit(s): Allspark.com

This article was last modified on Thursday, January 26th, 2012 3:34pm CST

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Transformers Prime: No more First Edition toys! (1338615)
Posted by germismith on January 26th, 2012 @ 3:02pm CST
Re: Transformers Prime: No more First Edition toys! (1338616)
Posted by Lackadaisical on January 26th, 2012 @ 3:02pm CST
I'm happy I managed to assure at least the optimus, bulkhead and cliffjumper FE, :KREMZEEK: which I did after seeing the fugly CJ version of the Prime - RID line... :SICK: don't know about the others, meaning stars, arcee and bbb but don't care that much >:oP 'bout them loke in these others, not by now anyways. I-)
Re: Transformers Prime: No more First Edition toys! (1338630)
Posted by NTESHFT on January 26th, 2012 @ 3:14pm CST
Never saw Prime, CJ, or Bulkhead,,,,,,, go figure on that.
Re: Transformers Prime: No more First Edition toys! (1338635)
Posted by LadyBug on January 26th, 2012 @ 3:23pm CST
headsortails wrote:Never saw Prime, CJ, or Bulkhead,,,,,,, go figure on that.

They were only released in Canada =/
Re: Transformers Prime: No more First Edition toys! (1338638)
Posted by Va'al on January 26th, 2012 @ 3:25pm CST
Yay, glad I managed to grab hold of Starscream!

Need to find out what happened to Optimus..
Re: Transformers Prime: No more First Edition toys! (1338643)
Posted by gothsaurus on January 26th, 2012 @ 3:40pm CST
wow. I can't understand this at all. When you release a toy line, I expect to see the market saturated. To walk out and be able to find the toys at Wal Mart, Target, TRU.

These... I never saw them in my STATE. Really puzzled at the half-@$$ed release, and that they'd end the run and move to the other inferior molds almost immediately. :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Transformers Prime: No more First Edition toys! (1338644)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on January 26th, 2012 @ 3:40pm CST
germismith wrote:Well *that* seemed like a waste of money. Create the molds and do a half-assed release, only to release the main line with shitty, different molds? I... don't get it. Here's hoping they revisit that Powerizer Prime mold.

It's the store's fault, not Hasbro. Hasbro has the figures on offer for retailers, but if retailers don't buy their stock... well, you saw what happened.
Re: Transformers Prime: No more First Edition toys! (1338645)
Posted by Mr_Wayne on January 26th, 2012 @ 3:40pm CST
So what dose this mean for the people who pre ordered the voyagers.
Re: Transformers Prime: No more First Edition toys! (1338646)
Posted by SlyTF1 on January 26th, 2012 @ 3:40pm CST
What the hell? So the Voyagers and the Deluxes we never got aren't coming to the US?
Re: Transformers Prime: No more First Edition toys! (1338649)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on January 26th, 2012 @ 3:45pm CST
Let me rephrase that a little for everyone to understand:

The First Edition toys have stopped shipping from Hasbro

From now on, there will be only leftover stock. However, that doesn't leave behind the possibility of repaints of FE molds.
Re: Transformers Prime: No more First Edition toys! (1338652)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on January 26th, 2012 @ 3:47pm CST
oh of course not. ass hats. well, guess im going BBTS. thanks for nothing stupid toys r us. :evil: im happy i got arcee, bumblebee and starscream from HTS
Re: Transformers Prime: No more First Edition toys! (1338655)
Posted by Evil_the_Nub on January 26th, 2012 @ 3:53pm CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

I'm not sure about that, the first wave flew off the shelves at my TRU. They never got anything beyond that and now the shelves are pretty bare.

Hasbro needs to learn about a thing called supply and demand. Instead they create demand for something good and supply crap instead.
Re: Transformers Prime: No more First Edition toys! (1338656)
Posted by originaljk555 on January 26th, 2012 @ 3:54pm CST
I shouldn't be surprised by this at all, but I am. Why would they make it only a limited release and only release 3 figures in the U.S.? I saw Bumblebee and Arcee at my TRU and they were gone the nect day and I haven't seen them since. It's insanely dissappointing. I will continue to watch the cartoon but I have to say I won't be picking up the toys now. Hasbro gets a big Eff-u on this one from me.
Re: Transformers Prime: No more First Edition toys! (1338658)
Posted by Prime Evil on January 26th, 2012 @ 3:58pm CST
OMG, I may have to !@%* RAAAAGE if I can't get that Vehicon. :BOOM: :evil: :BOOM: :evil:
Re: Transformers Prime: No more First Edition toys! (1338659)
Posted by ninjascythe79 on January 26th, 2012 @ 3:59pm CST
Hasbro always does crap like this. Last year it was reveal the shield and generations later waves. I don't care about these toys anyway; but it's so typical of hasbro to do something like this. I have bought enough of their toys to know they will all get remolded. Don't belive me look at the classics lines and the marvel universe lines. I mean really did you ever find wreck-gar( I got a couple I'll sell ya in about 6 months LOL)? No? well you'll settle for junkion when you see him huh? This is why Iv'e all but givin up collecting. It has to be really good for me to buy it. Or really rare. I drove everywhere lookin for rts toy and after months decided to get them from bbts. I bet they will have them only at a marked up price. Like $17 for a guy whose 12 at retail. It is cheaper though. when you factor in gas and insanity just get it from there
Re: Transformers Prime: No more First Edition toys! (1338661)
Posted by Flakmaster on January 26th, 2012 @ 4:06pm CST
My reaction:

Seriously Hasbro, prepare to see me leave your customer base. If DOTM and Prime:RID is the final destination of TF toys, I want nothing to do with them.
Crappy, gimmicky, undersized, under-engineered scheisse.
Re: Transformers Prime: No more First Edition toys! (1338662)
Posted by xyl360 on January 26th, 2012 @ 4:13pm CST
I had a feeling this would be the case as soon as I saw the first 'main line' (Powerizers, RID etc.) figures previewed.

I believe the First Editions were marketed for us collectors (especially in Japan, given the paint apps etc.) and to get the kiddies ready for the upcoming TF:Prime toys.

I'm glad I pre-ordered every First Edition figure (Hasbro AND Takara) on BBTS from the beginning (Takara ones already in hand of course) as I had suspicions we might not see these molds/color schemes again.

Maybe down the road Has/Tak will do a second wave of these (with all the molds available in Japan released in the US) for us collectors, but that will probably only be a trickle through store exclusive editions (TRU, Wal-Mart, Target etc.) which means they may be hard to track down.
Re: Transformers Prime: No more First Edition toys! (1338663)
Posted by Ravage XK on January 26th, 2012 @ 4:14pm CST
Well, I wont be buying the sub standard Prime RID line and I cant find First Edition figures at an acceptable price. So looks like my money will be going on third party figures. Nice going Hasbro.

I can see it, morons around a table rubbing their hands together thinking that they came up with a killer strategy to get us to buy their stuff and all they manage to do is piss us off.
Re: Transformers Prime: No more First Edition toys! (1338664)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on January 26th, 2012 @ 4:15pm CST
Does that mean First Edition Toys that were released in Canada like the Entertainment pack, Cliffjumper and the voyagers will NOT get a US release? That's a bit off if you ask me.
Re: Transformers Prime: No more First Edition toys! (1338665)
Posted by Pontimax 01 on January 26th, 2012 @ 4:17pm CST
So... the FE figures were teasers to the main line... and the FE figures thus far have been superior to each new mold released for the main line.. Oh that just makes sense...

Teaser fail. :lol:

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Nightbeat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Smokescreen" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #240 - Ramping Up
"Ramping Up"
Posted: Sunday, February 9th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Siege War For Cybertron Sideswipe G2 and Slamdance" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Medix The Doc Bot Ambulance" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Grand Slam Cassette Figure" on EBAY
Buy "original G1 Transformers cassette SLAMDANCE Grandslam Raindance figures only" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Ratchet Grapple Grab Blizzard Breaker spark armor Cyberverse" on EBAY
Buy "Cobra Missile Command Head Quarter Hasbro Transformers Microman Takara" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Trading Card Game Rise of the Combiners Decepticon Acid Storm" on EBAY
Buy "Marvel Comics GI Joe 141 Transformers Snake Eyes 1st ed Hama Cobra Commander Lee" on EBAY