Transformers Prime RID Ratchet Instructions Show New Head

Transformers Prime RID Ratchet Instructions Show New Head

Saturday, February 25th, 2012 9:19pm CST

Categories: Toy News, Collectables
Posted by: GetRightRobot   Views: 42,469

Not many fans have been able to get their hands on the Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Deluxe Ratchet. However, if you have been lucky enough to score one, you may want to open up the instruction sheet. Their appears to be a new head on Ratchet for the inevitable repaint. Take a look at the pics below or click here to view the original post by Junior over at TFW2005.com

Credit(s): Junior from TFW2005.com

Re: Transformers Prime RID Ratchet Instructions Show New Head (1351807)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on February 25th, 2012 @ 9:23pm CST
interesting, ironhide perhaps?? :-?
Re: Transformers Prime RID Ratchet Instructions Show New Head (1351809)
Posted by GetRightRobot on February 25th, 2012 @ 9:26pm CST
Re: Transformers Prime RID Ratchet Instructions Show New Head (1351811)
Posted by welcometothedarksyde on February 25th, 2012 @ 9:32pm CST
Doubledealer93 wrote:interesting, ironhide perhaps?? :-?

While that's an interesting idea, the head doesn't look like Ironhide. Also I'd guess that the upcoming deluxe Ironhide will be based off of the cyberverse toy, my guess is that this toy will be a random decepticon
Re: Transformers Prime RID Ratchet Instructions Show New Head (1351815)
Posted by generalstratton on February 25th, 2012 @ 9:36pm CST
That head makes me think of a variation of Road Buster.
Just needs the glasses instead of eyes.
Re: Transformers Prime RID Ratchet Instructions Show New Head (1351817)
Posted by UltraPrimal on February 25th, 2012 @ 9:36pm CST
Looks like Roadbuster. Weird that he could be a repaint of a Ratchet figure, but it works!
Re: Transformers Prime RID Ratchet Instructions Show New Head (1351820)
Posted by GetRightRobot on February 25th, 2012 @ 9:42pm CST
generalstratton wrote:That head makes me think of a variation of Road Buster.
Just needs the glasses instead of eyes.

Road Buster does seem to fit. Ironhide, however unlikely would be right up the traditional repaint alley. I'd also like to throw a little support to the Flatline idea. It is a contender:

Tales_of_the_Fallen_Flatline.JPG
Re: Transformers Prime RID Ratchet Instructions Show New Head (1351821)
Posted by Hypershock on February 25th, 2012 @ 9:42pm CST
Doubledealer93 wrote:interesting, ironhide perhaps?? :-?

nnnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooooo!!!!! :shock: he needs his own mold -.-

the head looks cool, but im rele not sure what that looks like
Re: Transformers Prime RID Ratchet Instructions Show New Head (1351822)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 25th, 2012 @ 9:44pm CST
I highly doubt it will be him, but I'm getting a Straxus vibe from that head.

Doubledealer93 wrote:interesting, ironhide perhaps?? :-?
Looks nothing like Ironhide.

GetRightRobot wrote:With Bulkhead coming almost straight out of Animated, I'm going to guess animated Sentinel. Preliminary, but there it is.
He's dead, Jim. ;)
Re: Transformers Prime RID Ratchet Instructions Show New Head (1351824)
Posted by gavinfuzzy on February 25th, 2012 @ 9:47pm CST
With hot shot being a blue bumblebee, i doubt this is meant to be a homage to any sort of G1 character...
Re: Transformers Prime RID Ratchet Instructions Show New Head (1351825)
Posted by GetRightRobot on February 25th, 2012 @ 9:47pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
He's dead, Jim. ;)

At this juncture I would like play the "Timelines" card and negate your logic. [-(
Re: Transformers Prime RID Ratchet Instructions Show New Head (1351829)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 25th, 2012 @ 9:50pm CST
GetRightRobot wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
He's dead, Jim. ;)

Aligned Sentinel Prime = Aligned Zeta Prime. Sentinel Zeta Prime is dead.

And I doubt Hasbro would make two same-named individuals this time in this continuity (unless there's some super special reason given for such a case).
Re: Transformers Prime RID Ratchet Instructions Show New Head (1351832)
Posted by _shaddow_ on February 25th, 2012 @ 9:54pm CST

I'm pretty sure I'm wrong, but I still wanted to point it out anyway.
Re: Transformers Prime RID Ratchet Instructions Show New Head (1351834)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 25th, 2012 @ 9:57pm CST
_shaddow_ wrote:I'm going to take a wild guess : I know that Makeshift doesn't look like that at all, but his head still kind of remind me of the character model :
Sadly, he's dead too. :-(
Re: Transformers Prime RID Ratchet Instructions Show New Head (1351836)
Posted by PrymeStriker on February 25th, 2012 @ 10:12pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
Sadly, he's dead too. :-(

Cliffjumper's got a toy, and he's dead. >_>
Re: Transformers Prime RID Ratchet Instructions Show New Head (1351839)
Posted by Optillamanus on February 25th, 2012 @ 10:23pm CST
As far as heads go, I'm most reminded of RotF Longhaul, as little sense as that would make.
Re: Transformers Prime RID Ratchet Instructions Show New Head (1351843)
Posted by TheSwipe95 on February 25th, 2012 @ 10:40pm CST
Re: Transformers Prime RID Ratchet Instructions Show New Head (1351845)
Posted by gavinfuzzy on February 25th, 2012 @ 10:46pm CST
TheSwipe95 wrote:Going by how Classics went (Ratchet was a repaint of Ironhide), I think it's going the same route, only with Ratchet being the original mold.

Since ironhide has a new mold for its cyberverse, i think he would have a new mold for his deluxe too.

Re: Transformers Prime RID Ratchet Instructions Show New Head (1351848)
Posted by Janus Prime on February 25th, 2012 @ 10:56pm CST
Awesome! When I watched the video review and I thought "I already have a Ratchet, but a First Aid would be nice".
Re: Transformers Prime RID Ratchet Instructions Show New Head (1351854)
Posted by FanimusMaximus on February 25th, 2012 @ 11:17pm CST
Ahh It's good to see this kind of thing again. I love it when they do these things with Instructions.
Re: Transformers Prime RID Ratchet Instructions Show New Head (1351857)
Posted by GetRightRobot on February 25th, 2012 @ 11:32pm CST
gavinfuzzy wrote:

Although Universe 2.0 aand Generations are different lines, they are very closely related, and examples of legend versus deluxe of one character have varied as much as gavinfuzzy has suggested:

Not totally the same thing, but close.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Laserbeak" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #275 - Non-Fungible Mailbag
"Non-Fungible Mailbag"
Posted: Saturday, May 1st, 2021

Buy "Transformers R.e.d. MEGATRON Vinyl RED Series Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers WFC War For Cybertron Siege Battle Masters Blowpipe MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War for Cybertron Battle Masters - BLOWPIPE (NEW)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Sludge Power of the Primes Combiner MOSC Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Slag Slug Power of the Primes Combiner MOSC Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Alpha Trion Reaction Action Figure Retro Articulated Super7" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers ReAction Wave 2 Shrapnel Action Figure Articulated Super7" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Vector Prime & Safeguard Voyager Class 2005 complete working sound" on EBAY