Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Deluxe Bumblebee gallery

Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Deluxe Bumblebee gallery

Saturday, January 21st, 2012 11:52am CST

Categories: Cartoon News, Toy News, Sponsor News
Posted by: Dead Metal   Views: 71,101

Site sponsor Kapow Toys has sent us a gallery of the now UK released Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Deluxe Bumblebee.
The gallery gives us a good, detailed look at the figure and it's articulation.

Stay tuned to seibertron.com for all your Transformers related news!

Credit(s): Kapow-Toys

This article was last modified on Saturday, January 21st, 2012 12:07pm CST

Re: Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Deluxe Bumblebee gallery (1336643)
Posted by BeastProwl on January 21st, 2012 @ 12:42pm CST
Hey Seibertron! Awesome photos!
But do you know what would be an amazing touch? IMO Anyways?
I Think it would be awesome if, every time you put a new bot in the galleries, you put a little side note saying your personal thoughts on the figure. That's just my opinion of course, but I think that'd be cool...
Re: Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Deluxe Bumblebee gallery (1336668)
Posted by TulioDude on January 21st, 2012 @ 1:27pm CST
He looks very awesome.
Re: Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Deluxe Bumblebee gallery (1336725)
Posted by Sodan-1 on January 21st, 2012 @ 2:55pm CST
I'm still holding out for a comparison photo or two, but at this time I'm not blown away by this guy. Simply doesn't excite me.

On a side note, have ANY of the Robots in Disguise deluxes got insignias?
Re: Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Deluxe Bumblebee gallery (1336726)
Posted by Evil_the_Nub on January 21st, 2012 @ 2:56pm CST
I think I like the first edition better, too bad I never got it.
Re: Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Deluxe Bumblebee gallery (1336740)
Posted by Stumpybot on January 21st, 2012 @ 3:21pm CST
Bumblebee has no insignia but rid Optimus does

I've been messing with both figures today and as far as this bb goes, he's a toy, first edition was much more collectors quality. The auto morph actually works in its favour, once transformed he is much more solid than the FE bb.

I know there's a lot of moaning about some of the features on these by some collectors but this is a mass market toyline. It's not kibble free, but it's damn good at making the kibble work, but it's a sturdy representation and it's not too complex, especially compared to prime.

I'd suggest everybody try him. At first I thought I'd hate him, I was insanely angry he was the only figure left at the store (I've since acquired a load of cyberverse plus, deluxe CJ and Wheeljack, and I'm getting voyager megatron on Tuesday) and the quality of paint is far below generations standard, but he grows on you. As a representative of the start of a line, he's not bad, and I strongly suggest people don't go overboard forming opinions till they try him in hand
Re: Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Deluxe Bumblebee gallery (1336761)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on January 21st, 2012 @ 3:55pm CST
BeastProwl wrote:Hey Seibertron! Awesome photos!

These photos are actually from Kapow toys. I am sure Ryan will do his regular magic on these figures sometime in the future.
Re: Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Deluxe Bumblebee gallery (1336802)
Posted by Blurrz on January 21st, 2012 @ 5:22pm CST
If they were too make another Bumblebee figure, you'd think he'd be less chunky lol. I just can't deal with the way the neck/head is engineered, but I'm sure I'll change my mind if the figure ends up in my collection.
Re: Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Deluxe Bumblebee gallery (1336804)
Posted by Stumpybot on January 21st, 2012 @ 5:26pm CST
I'm pretty sure the reasoning for the chest/head design was to sacrifice accuracy in favour of sturdiness.

Btw the window/roof on his back plugs in just above his waist, again making it very sturdy and filling out the large gap in historso
Re: Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Deluxe Bumblebee gallery (1336815)
Posted by Vicalliose on January 21st, 2012 @ 6:09pm CST
Is there any reasoning to why they thought this was a good idea? It's like nobody even knows what they're doing anymore. "Hey lets take an existing mold that effort and thought went into to construct and cram a gimmick in it's chest!"
Re: Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Deluxe Bumblebee gallery (1336816)
Posted by Neurie on January 21st, 2012 @ 6:22pm CST

His plastic looks cheap and feels it too. Compares to the First Edition the sholders range of motion is limited and the plastic painted in yellow is a different shade/colour to other parts of the toy(in one other toy Ive seen what looks like 3 shades on 1 figure).

And the automorph on my one was misaligned so had to take it apart to fix the head/neck section so it went flush.
Re: Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Deluxe Bumblebee gallery (1336858)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on January 21st, 2012 @ 9:21pm CST
This guy has RTS Jazz syndrome. His rear end is naked. :lol:

I like the head but I'll stick with the FE release.
Re: Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Deluxe Bumblebee gallery (1336920)
Posted by metaphorge on January 22nd, 2012 @ 4:42am CST
Neurie wrote:Just opened my BB and played with Wheeljack and Soundwave at my friends house a while ago and compared to the first edition this BB isnt great.

Did they shrink him in comparison to the FE version like they apparently did to Cliffjumper?

It would be great if someone who has both figures in front of them could post some comparison shots.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Brawn" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "rare SEALED hasbro TRANSFORMERS rotf movie JETFIRE legends class SR-71 BLACKBIRD" on EBAY
Buy "rare SEALED hasbro TRANSFORMERS rotf movie MEGATRON legends class FUSION TANK" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends Series Lg10 Arcee" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends Series Lg15 Night Bird Shadow" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends Of Cybertron Megatron 2005 Dexepticon" on EBAY
Buy "GRIMLOCK - Transformers Robots in Disguise - Warrior Class" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots In Disguise Jazz LOT (Jazz, Ratchet)" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Studio Series Hot Rod 86 Voyager Class Action Figure - F0712" on EBAY