Thursday, March 29th, 2012 7:59am CDT

Categories: Cartoon News, Toy News, Auctions
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 56,853

Thanks to eBay seller miyatoys we have in-package images of the upcoming Transformers Prime "RID" Deluxe Class Bumblebee repaint Hot Shot and his wave mates Knock Out and Vehicon, plus their bios.

Hot Shot spends most of his time trying to prove himself worthy of being called warrior by the older AUTOBOTS. Unfortunately, this often means either showing off, which bugs the more experienced soldiers, or rushing headlong into danger, which requires a rescue. He's got a lot of potential, but also a lot to learn.

KNOCK OUT is oily slick; the ultimate salesman. Everyone knows his weapons are dangerous and prone to malfunction, and his installation methods often leave DECEPTICONS scarred and crippled. But who can resist having quantum disintegration at his fingertips?

Every VEHICON knows how likely he is to be dismantled - either by the AUTOBOTS, or by a DECEPTICON commander in need of spare parts. Danger is just part of life to a VEHICON, happiness is loyalty to MEGATRON and a warm blaster cannon.

Credit(s): eBay

This article was last modified on Thursday, March 29th, 2012 10:57am CDT

Re: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Deluxe Hot Shot, Knock Out, & Vehicon In-Package and Bios (1363548)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on March 29th, 2012 @ 8:22am CDT
Re: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Deluxe Hot Shot, Knock Out, & Vehicon In-Package and Bios (1363552)
Posted by rpetras on March 29th, 2012 @ 8:46am CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:Just a repaint of Bee? Not impressed. Knock Out, on the other hand, has a good alt mode. That should have been Hot Shot's alt mode.

Hot Shot has a new head as well as a paint job.
And, since it uses the PRID Bee mold, and I'm using FE Bee for my TF: Prime lineup, it should look like a completely different character.

I'm still not loving Knock Out's bot mode. I'm hoping we'll be able to add some fan mode twists to it to improve it once it is in hand.
Re: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Deluxe Hot Shot, Knock Out, & Vehicon In-Package and Bios (1363553)
Posted by Samsonator on March 29th, 2012 @ 8:59am CDT
The main draw of that Hot Shot figure is the remolded head, and it is a pretty good one from the photos we've already seen, very Armada-esque (hard to believe the character of Armada Hot Shot is ten years old now)... if I see this one in stores, I'll probably pick him up since I've got no real intention of getting Bee from this line... guess I'm just not a Bumblebee sorta guy.
Knock Out is an all-around disappointment. I was really hoping for a good toy for this one, because I really like Knock Out in the show, especially his voice (Same as Red Alert's in the Armada PS2 game, which was also awesome). Instead we get this crap. I mean I understand it's difficult to get a functioning toy out of such a heavily stylized character model, and still have him look half-decent, but this is definitely a case where "close enough for Hasbro" is not close enough for me.
Re: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Deluxe Hot Shot, Knock Out, & Vehicon In-Package and Bios (1363554)
Posted by Godzillabot Primal on March 29th, 2012 @ 9:01am CDT
KNOCK OUT is oily slick

Who wanty to bet that a possible name for him was Oil Slick :-?
Re: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Deluxe Hot Shot, Knock Out, & Vehicon In-Package and Bios (1363558)
Posted by RAcast on March 29th, 2012 @ 9:13am CDT
Re: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Deluxe Hot Shot, Knock Out, & Vehicon In-Package and Bios (1363561)
Posted by Godzillabot Primal on March 29th, 2012 @ 9:18am CDT
RAcast wrote:Quite frankly, I'm not sure what everyone is griping about Knock Out for, as far as his robot mode is concerned. The color difference between the darker red and the lighter red is...a bit more drastic than perhaps it should be, but otherwise it looks great and I look forward to seeing it on shelves.

It's not teh colors that are putting everybody off (Well at least me)

It is the toy itself, it is going to be very unbalenced and highly hollow
Re: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Deluxe Hot Shot, Knock Out, & Vehicon In-Package and Bios (1363563)
Posted by RAcast on March 29th, 2012 @ 9:28am CDT
Godzillabot Primal wrote:

It's not teh colors that are putting everybody off (Well at least me)

It is the toy itself, it is going to be very unbalenced and highly hollow

Ahh, yeah I can see that. Well, we'll just have to see how it turns out I suppose. If they engineered it well or not, I mean. It might be that the hollow-ness won't hurt it.
Re: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Deluxe Hot Shot, Knock Out, & Vehicon In-Package and Bios (1363567)
Posted by Godzillabot Primal on March 29th, 2012 @ 9:37am CDT
RAcast wrote:
Godzillabot Primal wrote:

It's not teh colors that are putting everybody off (Well at least me)

It is the toy itself, it is going to be very unbalenced and highly hollow

The verdict will be the toy review
Re: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Deluxe Hot Shot, Knock Out, & Vehicon In-Package and Bios (1363618)
Posted by triKlops on March 29th, 2012 @ 11:09am CDT
Knock Out's weapon looks sick :APPLAUSE:
be great to get this in hand
Re: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Deluxe Hot Shot, Knock Out, & Vehicon In-Package and Bios (1363626)
Posted by Twitchythe3rd on March 29th, 2012 @ 11:20am CDT
Did they even try on Knock-Out's colors? Really now, sweet alt-mode or not that's kind of a deal breaker.

Hot Shot is alright, but the Vehicon is made of awesome.
Re: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Deluxe Hot Shot, Knock Out, & Vehicon In-Package and Bios (1363669)
Posted by Va'al on March 29th, 2012 @ 12:31pm CDT
Vehicon is sweet!

I'm really not convinced by Knock Out, and still on the fence about Ratchet.
Re: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Deluxe Hot Shot, Knock Out, & Vehicon In-Package and Bios (1363670)
Posted by Godzillabot Primal on March 29th, 2012 @ 12:33pm CDT
Va'al wrote:Vehicon is sweet!

I'm really not convinced by Knock Out, and still on the fence about Ratchet.

Bought him just yesterday, he is an excellent figure! In person his head does not look so big
Re: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Deluxe Hot Shot, Knock Out, & Vehicon In-Package and Bios (1363680)
Posted by welcometothedarksyde on March 29th, 2012 @ 1:21pm CDT
-Hot Shot looks really cool, but I liked the earlier flame deco better.
-Knockout, fingers crossed the stock photo is mistransformed (I don't even think we've seen any other photos of him)
-Superb

Overall this wave looks great :grin:
Re: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Deluxe Hot Shot, Knock Out, & Vehicon In-Package and Bios (1363688)
Posted by Blurrz on March 29th, 2012 @ 1:30pm CDT
Hot Shot is in his older colors and his bio is him in his younger years.. >:oP

Since I'm not spending $60+ to cuztomize FE Vehicon into Animated Wheeljack, guess I'll use this Vehicon mold.
Re: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Deluxe Hot Shot, Knock Out, & Vehicon In-Package and Bios (1363697)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on March 29th, 2012 @ 1:42pm CDT
getting them allllllllllll!!!!!! and 5 vehicons. :grin:
Re: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Deluxe Hot Shot, Knock Out, & Vehicon In-Package and Bios (1363825)
Posted by Heckfire on March 29th, 2012 @ 8:41pm CDT
Re: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Deluxe Hot Shot, Knock Out, & Vehicon In-Package and Bios (1363835)
Posted by RAcast on March 29th, 2012 @ 8:54pm CDT
Heckfire wrote:Actually, going by the colors, I might do a little partswapping and make myself a proper Nightbeat.

Definitely post pictures if you do, I want to know how it'd look all said and done. And you'll have a Shattered Glass someone when the extra parts when you're done. xD

I'm thinking... Start with Bumblebee, keep the arms and torso, grab the blue legs (paint the red on them yellow), repaint whichever head you keep, and swap in the blue doors and rear shoulder kibble if possible.

I'm afraid I don't have anything substantive to say, since I don't have PRID BB. It'll look awfully strange in car-mode though. ._.;
Re: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Deluxe Hot Shot, Knock Out, & Vehicon In-Package and Bios (1363840)
Posted by Screamfleet on March 29th, 2012 @ 9:08pm CDT
that vehicon actually looks pretty good. I hope they do a jet vehicon too.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Crashbash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Trypticon Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Hasbro Transformers 2005 Botcon Exclusive Universe Ratchet COMPLETE" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers 2005 Botcon Exclusive Timelines Universe Ironhide w/ weapon" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Dark of the Moon Autobody Roadbuster SEALED " on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS DOTM Mechtech Voyager Class Shockwave Action Figure 2011 Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers RAMJET - G2-Botcon Club 2011 -USA generation 2 redux seeker" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Dark Side of the Moon Energon  Sword Megatron Bumblebee" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage Transformers DOTM Deluxe Class Autobot Sideswipe Walmart Exclusive" on EBAY
Buy "TAKARA TOMY TRANSFORMERS WFC E24 SKYLYNX E11 OPTIMUS PRIME" on EBAY