Thursday, January 26th, 2012 9:58pm CST

Categories: Cartoon News, Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 57,215

BWTF.com has managed to get a hold of the previously unseen Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Deluxe Ratchet and posted a review with lots of images. We've mirrored few below, click here to visit BWTF.com for the rest and review. The insert also appears to reveal a new mold Deluxe Arcee.

Just because Autobot Ratchet chooses to avoid fighting doesn't mean he never learned how. His intimate knowledge of anatomy allows him to strike with surgical precision, making a fight against him a very painful and losing proposition.

Credit(s): BWTF.com

This article was last modified on Thursday, January 26th, 2012 10:29pm CST

Re: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Deluxe Ratchet Revealed, New Mold Deluxe Arcee on the Way? (1338840)
Posted by Mkall on January 26th, 2012 @ 10:04pm CST
Not my favourite Prime mold, but it's pretty decent. And look at the size of Arcee's gun! Holy Moly!
Re: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Deluxe Ratchet Revealed, New Mold Deluxe Arcee on the Way? (1338842)
Posted by WolfDawg on January 26th, 2012 @ 10:05pm CST
Hmm...I'm not too sure about this figure. It doesn't seem to be very similar to the CGI model from what I can tell. It also seems to be a little too stout to be an accurate representation of Ratchet. I wish we could have seen some size comparisons because he looks really short.
Re: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Deluxe Ratchet Revealed, New Mold Deluxe Arcee on the Way? (1338843)
Posted by Megazarak on January 26th, 2012 @ 10:07pm CST
He looks alright, but I'd like a Voyager one since Ratchet's a pretty huge guy compared most of the cast. If not though, this should be quite fine. That Arcee though, I don't really know what they're trying to pull off with that giant gun blade thing, but... I don't know. I think it'd be pretty cool if they made her a Scout/Commander class figure that was meant to be with the deluxes and voyagers. It'd also be fine if they released her as a deluxe even if she was a bit smaller with some accessories, like her blades and guns.
Re: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Deluxe Ratchet Revealed, New Mold Deluxe Arcee on the Way? (1338845)
Posted by Quaternion on January 26th, 2012 @ 10:13pm CST
Re Arcee: Looks like it takes some cues from FE such as the leg attachment points for blades and the shape of the blades. Also, it looks as though they have reduced the FE's windshield kibblie - at least from the front.

Most importantly, it looks as though they molded in some more athletic looking roboboobs, which is more consistent with the CGI than FE's articulated D-cups (yes, they are articulated to bounce, FYI).
Re: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Deluxe Ratchet Revealed, New Mold Deluxe Arcee on the Way? (1338849)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 26th, 2012 @ 10:22pm CST

Re: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Deluxe Ratchet Revealed, New Mold Deluxe Arcee on the Way? (1338856)
Posted by Autobot032 on January 26th, 2012 @ 10:28pm CST
I'm actually impressed. He's one figure I'll search for.
Re: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Deluxe Ratchet Revealed, New Mold Deluxe Arcee on the Way? (1338860)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on January 26th, 2012 @ 10:31pm CST
eh, he is ok. he would be better if had more paint and a bit more cgi accuracy. i will get him though. cant say the same for that horrid arcee. :SICK: already have the first edition one dont need that crap.
Re: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Deluxe Ratchet Revealed, New Mold Deluxe Arcee on the Way? (1338861)
Posted by Erailea on January 26th, 2012 @ 10:32pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:He looks so... so... plain-looking. So bland. He needs a serious amount of more red, as well as other paint apps.

An excuse to try one's hand at customizing?

Me thinks so :) Goodness knows I have a lot of paint after making x-mas cards last month and Ratchet's always been a shelf warmer figure, so if I screw up big time it won't be hard to replace him.
Re: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Deluxe Ratchet Revealed, New Mold Deluxe Arcee on the Way? (1338863)
Posted by T-Macksimus on January 26th, 2012 @ 10:34pm CST

I have to agree that he is lacking some red but aside from that this is the first figure out of this line that I would not hesitate on at all before buying. I'll pick up Optimus on general principle and probably CJ for his alt mode but this one I happen to like in both modes and think they did a fairly decent job translating the character into a toy. I'm probably going to be in the minority on this one but it wouldn't be the first time and certainly won't be the last.
Re: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Deluxe Ratchet Revealed, New Mold Deluxe Arcee on the Way? (1338872)
Posted by sabrigami on January 26th, 2012 @ 10:53pm CST
Yahoo!I've been waiting for his reveal. After all the snafu of some of the newer molds I'm glad to see Ratchet looks pretty good :) I will agree that he does look a bit bland though, but hopefully Reprolabels will help us out with that ;) Anywho a must buy for me.
Re: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Deluxe Ratchet Revealed, New Mold Deluxe Arcee on the Way? (1338873)
Posted by mesh on January 26th, 2012 @ 10:53pm CST
This is one character who should have gotten the First Edition treatment. I wonder how better he would have been if he came out with the First Edition figures.

Damn you Hasbro!
Damn you to hell.

Now he won't be in semi-scale with the rest of the figures.
:BOOM: :-x
Re: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Deluxe Ratchet Revealed, New Mold Deluxe Arcee on the Way? (1338875)
Posted by Sodan-1 on January 26th, 2012 @ 10:55pm CST
Oh man, the more I see of this line the less I want it. Hasbro couldn't be arsed to add some shine to DoTM Soundwave, but they certainly don't seem to mind spaffing the silver all over these guys' faces. Not exactly blown away by the mold but will see if Takara can make it more inspiring (and get the blades to attach to the forearms, please).
Re: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Deluxe Ratchet Revealed, New Mold Deluxe Arcee on the Way? (1338878)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on January 26th, 2012 @ 11:06pm CST
Boring. Easy pass. I was hoping for an interesting figure, but one of the DOTM ratchets look more interesting than this mould. Dissapointed. RID looks pretty crappy so far, except for the vehicon (and maybe Wheeljack)... oh god... they better not eff up Airachnid... :sad:
Re: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Deluxe Ratchet Revealed, New Mold Deluxe Arcee on the Way? (1338880)
Posted by Mkall on January 26th, 2012 @ 11:14pm CST
I've decided to put a preorder on the TT Ratchet on the off chance it has better paint apps.
Re: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Deluxe Ratchet Revealed, New Mold Deluxe Arcee on the Way? (1338885)
Posted by kirbenvost on January 26th, 2012 @ 11:35pm CST
I'm not impressed. The paint apps are seriously lacking and he looks small and simplistic. Really would've liked to see a FE version of him. I guess I might see what the Takara version looks like but I hate paying Takara prices. I guess I'm in no hurry to buy Ratchet. Maybe a better version will come out later, or I'll buy him when there's a sale.
Re: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Deluxe Ratchet Revealed, New Mold Deluxe Arcee on the Way? (1338886)
Posted by Skywarp64 on January 26th, 2012 @ 11:37pm CST
While it is lacking in paint apps, I think I could learn to like it. Right after I finish getting all the cyberverses on my list.
Re: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Deluxe Ratchet Revealed, New Mold Deluxe Arcee on the Way? (1338890)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 26th, 2012 @ 11:58pm CST
On the plus side, he has a whopping 26 points of articulation.
Re: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Deluxe Ratchet Revealed, New Mold Deluxe Arcee on the Way? (1338893)
Posted by cannonfodder4000 on January 27th, 2012 @ 12:14am CST
It is nice though how he can move his arms independently from his shoulder pads. :D
Re: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Deluxe Ratchet Revealed, New Mold Deluxe Arcee on the Way? (1338901)
Posted by Bulkhead1995 on January 27th, 2012 @ 12:42am CST
cannonfodder4000 wrote:Is it me or is the orange a little bright too? I really hope TakTom does this guy justice. :-(

I'm hoping it's their bright lighting :/ ... if you look at their FE bumblebee review, he looks a lot brighter yellow than he is in person (he almost looks highlighter ish) but in hand he's more of a vibrant yellow)... i'm hoping this is the case with ratchet's orange
Re: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Deluxe Ratchet Revealed, New Mold Deluxe Arcee on the Way? (1338902)
Posted by guarayakha on January 27th, 2012 @ 12:54am CST
Fake chest= easy pass. I'll just wait for the inevitable redesigns/repaints later.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Menasor Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Beast Hunters HUN-GURRR & TwinStrike Cyberverse Abominus Lot" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-23 Metroplex Action Figure Japan F/S" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends SHARKTICON SWEEPS Complete LG-44 Titans Return Takara GNAW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Hoist Complete with Comic G1 CHUG" on EBAY
Buy "Cryotek Complete Ultra RID Universe Transformers Robots in Disguise 2001 2002" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers generations Combiner Wars Skywarp" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Scourge/Sweeps Body Part, Right Side Shield Lot" on EBAY