Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Powerizers Found at Retail

Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Powerizers Found at Retail

Thursday, January 26th, 2012 2:47pm CST

Categories: Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 35,611

Hot on the heels last night's Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Deluxe wave one retail sightings we now have confirmation that the new Powerizers (Voyager) wave one are also out. The Allspark's Rhinox purchased Powerizer Megatron from a Toys"R"Us in Topeka, Kansas.

Credit(s): The Allspark's Rhinox

Re: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Powerizers Found at Retail (1338609)
Posted by BeastProwl on January 26th, 2012 @ 2:57pm CST
I love how Cliffjumper has his arm gun on the box, but only th FE toy actually has them. What is this blasphemy?
Currently looking for FE Figss now, because (Almost) all the powerizers and Robots in disguise look like garbage! :-( Megatron, Wheeljack, and the prototypes of skyquake, and knockout give me hope though, that with a mixed bag of Powerizer, FE, and RID, we can have the Perfect prime cast, but it'll be difficult to obtain them all...
Re: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Powerizers Found at Retail (1338626)
Posted by Mindmaster on January 26th, 2012 @ 3:09pm CST
Cliffjumper's a pass, but Megatron is a definite want for me! I just hope it won't be until like April or May before I can even find one.
Re: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Powerizers Found at Retail (1338633)
Posted by Midnight_Fox on January 26th, 2012 @ 3:17pm CST
So eager for Soundwave, I've already set my California friends(and my parents!) on the hunt for me.
Re: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Powerizers Found at Retail (1338637)
Posted by prowl123 on January 26th, 2012 @ 3:25pm CST
Re: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Powerizers Found at Retail (1338639)
Posted by Erailea on January 26th, 2012 @ 3:27pm CST
prowl123 wrote:Why does Hasbro have to put a stupid gimmick into every single toyline they make? Why can't we just have a straight-up no-gimmick toyline?

Probably because the toys are geared for kids and kids like that sort of stuff.
Re: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Powerizers Found at Retail (1338641)
Posted by SlyTF1 on January 26th, 2012 @ 3:32pm CST
Re: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Powerizers Found at Retail (1338657)
Posted by GetRightRobot on January 26th, 2012 @ 3:56pm CST
SlyTF1 wrote:Are these released everywhere, or just certain places? I don't want to go 30 minutes away for no reason at all.

It's spotty right now. You should probably call first. The nice people at my local TRU will put stuff on hold for me and I'm almost certain it's nationwide policy to hold items for 24 hours. Save you a useless trip.
Re: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Powerizers Found at Retail (1338670)
Posted by Autobot032 on January 26th, 2012 @ 4:25pm CST
WolfDawg wrote:Voyager SKU is 362813, Deluxe is 363356. I called my local TRU and they said it showed up as "Manifest Pending", which basically means the company has (thus far) made no plans to even ship the items to the store.

I can answer that for you. You might get them, but in smaller amounts. They're figuring out which store will get which allotment.

I called two TRUs and the one in Niles, Ohio said they are in the system, they are in the warehouse, but it's a much smaller order. They were given only what's in the system, nothing more.

And that number is? ...1,500 Deluxes. Not cases, but 1,500 figures, period. (Roughly the same amount for Voyagers, as well.) Sounds like a lot, right? Here's the catch. That 1,500 is for the entire distribution region. My region covers Michigan, Ohio, West Virginia, Maryland and Pennsylvania. (The same story for all distribution regions, it seems.) My region has 5 states, so that means 300 per state. Which is 37.5 cases per state, at 8 figures per case. There looks to be at least 30 stores in PA, alone. Some stores will get only one case with no restock until the end of the Spring season, which means around May/June. Some won't receive the cases at all.

High volume sales stores will receive them first, then the runner ups. Beyond that, if there's any left, the stragglers will receive what's left, if there is any.

So, if TRU was given a small amount, I wonder what it'll be for Target, K-Mart and Wal-Mart?

So... let's recap, shall we?

DOTM/Movie Trilogy has been pushed back to February. Not all molds accounted for, yet.
Prime First Edition has been released in certain areas, while others can piss off, basically.
PRID figures are coming, but in smaller numbers than usual. Some stores may not receive them this season.

Hasbro...WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!

First Edition is what you're looking for, then.

Why they cut it down so much, I dunno. Makes no sense to have incredible molds, only to replace them with new ones that don't make a lick of sense and have more parts due to their stupid gimmicks.
Re: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Powerizers Found at Retail (1338671)
Posted by Autobot032 on January 26th, 2012 @ 4:28pm CST
PLEASE DELETE. I hit the wrong button. >_<
Re: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Powerizers Found at Retail (1338683)
Posted by Baha08 on January 26th, 2012 @ 4:48pm CST
Yup, picked up a Soundwave at a TRU in Yuba City CA. Kinda baffled that I got this Soundwave before the bigger movie ones (HA and DX) Might go back later if they have Wheeljack
Re: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Powerizers Found at Retail (1338706)
Posted by mattwhite924 on January 26th, 2012 @ 5:30pm CST
I picked up the 4 deluxes and the two voyagers at a Toys R Us in Kansas City. They had plenty left, so hopefully that will help someone out here.

As for the toys themselves, I've only opened the voyagers and Cliffjumper so far, but I am already a bit disappointed. I knew that they were going to be a bit smaller, but they also feel a lot cheaper. The plastic just doesn't feel as solid to me.
Re: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Powerizers Found at Retail (1338717)
Posted by TimothyR on January 26th, 2012 @ 5:50pm CST
Erailea wrote:

Probably because the toys are geared for kids and kids like that sort of stuff.

completely agree with prowl.. i mean.. isn't the transformation the gimmick.. there's no need for gimmicks.

have a transforming weapon.. not a weapon where you have to push a button for something to happen. it's a little ridiculous. focus more on the actual figure than the gimmick.

i have a good compromise.. give ALL the bumblebees a gimmick.. and leave the rest of them alone.
Re: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Powerizers Found at Retail (1338723)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on January 26th, 2012 @ 6:02pm CST
so how much is a TRU charging for voyagers? Im gonna say $25
Re: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Powerizers Found at Retail (1338735)
Posted by mattwhite924 on January 26th, 2012 @ 6:30pm CST
Megatron Wolf wrote:so how much is a TRU charging for voyagers? Im gonna say $25

$26.99 for voyagers, and $14.99 for deluxes.
Re: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Powerizers Found at Retail (1338754)
Posted by Laserwave13 on January 26th, 2012 @ 7:12pm CST
As long as Hasbro does not release the complete First Editions so that the BBTS pre-orders can be filled they can keep those glowing-simple-gimmick-crap RID toys all they want.

Even if they show up in stores in germany, maybe after the ToyFair, i will not buy any of them.

Makes me sick what Hasbro is calling distribution lately. Glad that at least Takara answered with all the First Edition Toys so collectors can get them all. I know i did. But i wanted alle the Hasbro versions as well.

Thanks Hasbro, and keep the Prime RID toys :evil:
Re: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Powerizers Found at Retail (1338757)
Posted by PrymeStriker on January 26th, 2012 @ 7:18pm CST

Megatron is kick ass bro :)
Re: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Powerizers Found at Retail (1338758)
Posted by SlyTF1 on January 26th, 2012 @ 7:21pm CST
Gyrotron wrote:Transforming robots are a gimmick in itself. I thought we were done with Mech Tech >_>

Megatron is kick ass bro :)

I think Mech Tech is a permanent gimmick. I like it though, because they're interchangable and you don''t have to worry too much about losing them. And they work with just about every other series because the pegs fit with ANY TF.
Re: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Powerizers Found at Retail (1339168)
Posted by prowl123 on January 27th, 2012 @ 3:32pm CST
Erailea wrote:

Probably because the toys are geared for kids and kids like that sort of stuff.

Don't you be gettin' smart wif me!
Re: Transformers Prime "Robots in Disguise" Powerizers Found at Retail (1339732)
Posted by MrMunkeepants on January 28th, 2012 @ 10:26pm CST
I saw RID Prime Bumblebee at the Toys"R"Us in Tukwila Washington this afternoon, for $15, but the sightings form didn't have the right options. As soon as the mods approve my store info, I'll add him.

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Superion Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #275 - Non-Fungible Mailbag
"Non-Fungible Mailbag"
Posted: Saturday, May 1st, 2021

Buy "Sky-Byte Driller Drive 100% Complete Spark Armor Battle Cyberverse Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "NEW Transformers Bundle: SOUNDWAVE with DOOMBOX, Cyberverse JETFIRE & PROWL" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse TCV-17 Tank Buster Jet Fire" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse TCV-26 Turbo Change Autobot Jazz" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Soundwave Cyberverse Adventures Sound Blast No Lazerbeak" on EBAY
Buy "HOT Cool FOR Transformers EarthRise Sunstreaker Tail 3D DIY Upgrade Weapon KITS" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Cyberverse Arcee" on EBAY